Emil 1951 vs Emil 1 - What's the point now?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DeadArashi #1 Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:16 AM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 12798 battles

When the Emil 1951 was first marketed it was coined in as an "Emil 1 Lite" having less armour but more mobility then its TT counterpart, which never happened since it had the exact same armour as the Emil 1 while having much better mobility stats and, with the changes to the TT guns, the gun was also better.

Come the second test of 1.5 and the Emil 1 got its side armour buffed to 35mm for all of 2 days before it dropped back to 20mm.

And now the Emil 1951 has had its stats revised and once again we are left wondering what the flying [edited] is going on inside the brains of the balance team.

• The mobility has been nerfed with the hp/t dropping by 1.5 (still 2 more then Emil 1) and the turret traverse plummeting by 4.2 deg/s. (again, still 2 more then Emil 1)
  • The 1951 is now getting the hull side armour buff to 35mm
  • Intra-clip is being increased from 2.5 to 2.75 (still 0.25 quicker then Emil 1)
  • Reload is going up by 4 seconds giving it a worse DPM then the Emil 1
  • Accuracy is being reduced from 0.36 to 0.38

I was honestly looking forward to the Emil 1951, but now it's a gonna be a solid pass from me. It's pretty [edited] obvious WG have no [edited] idea what they want from the Emil 1951. Seriously, just give the 1951 the SAME gun as the Emil 1, but give it LESS turret armour in favour of BETTER mobility. It's seriously not hard

CardinalMite #2 Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:36 AM

Captain

• 28422 battles
I'd really love some marketer balancer to actually come out and try and justify these kinds of balance decisions. They can't  justify it of course but it would be mildly entertaining in a VTU beats Defender kind of way..
“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 72754 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

"For people who loved the original Emil I with the higher speed but more derpiness for assault up-close.

And not something that just gets wrecked while switching flanks / lets the team get wrecked while switching flanks via the long route"

FramFramson #4 Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

Major

• 42859 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostCardinalMite, on 10 May 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

I'd really love some marketer balancer to actually come out and try and justify these kinds of balance decisions. They can't  justify it of course but it would be mildly entertaining in a VTU beats Defender kind of way..

I'd love to hear a member of the supposed balance staff make any kind of statement at all.

Because at this point I'm not sure there IS a balance team.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

DeadArashi #5 Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:55 PM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 12798 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 11 May 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

I'd love to hear a member of the supposed balance staff make any kind of statement at all.

Because at this point I'm not sure there IS a balance team.

the balance department at WG was liquidated long ago. The fact that its so bloody similar to the Emil 1 in both looks and stats now shows the marketing team doesnt care about balance for TT or Freemiums. If it won't make money, they dont care.

CardinalMite #6 Posted 11 May 2019 - 01:10 PM

Captain

• 28422 battles

View PostDeadArashi, on 11 May 2019 - 04:55 AM, said:

the balance department at WG was liquidated long ago. The fact that its so bloody similar to the Emil 1 in both looks and stats now shows the marketing team doesnt care about balance for TT or Freemiums. If it won't make money, they dont care.

Yeah they don't even really talk  about it any more, like they know they are taking the piss but just don't care any more. Even the tier 10 medium rebalance, while they did talk about it a bit, some of it was based on a completely different reality of WoT, that is just not true.

Some of their justifications like why it was ok to keep 430u bonkers OP because not many people played it???? 

Honestly they are just pissing on the playerbase and calling it rain.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

mttspiii #7 Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30786 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

So turns out the new Emil 1 is now effectively nerfed. 40 more alpha damage doesn't really work when the gun - already unstable to begin with - got even more stability nerfs. Losing an extra shell in the clip meant that trying to get even one shell to hit is harder because there's no more 4th shell.

Its problems are worsened in FL, where moving is important because everyone brings their own arty, and arty brings their own arty and bombers and spotter-craft. Really bummed.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users