Bot filtering idea

bot inactive idle player

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

James9821 #1 Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:34 PM

Private

• 28037 battles

Hi everyone,

Just got this idea, not sure how easy is to implement it though. I just hope my explanations will be pretty much clear, as English is my second language.

So, bots... I assume everyone is aware of bots logging in and "playing", seen some weird stats to some 60-80k battles with just a fraction above 200 WN8 values. So, my idea would be to try to implement a filter, for example by damage caused in the last 3-5 battles, if the value is 0, then send a code as photo in game, and force the real player to input the value as true characters, kind of a captcha system. The same filtering can be applied for other behaviour in the last x games, most probably the developers would be more aware of those values they can take in consideration. If the captcha system is not answered correctly, a ban would be applied to that account, from a minimum of couple of hours to more, if the same behaviour is repeating on the same account. This way we may have a chance to have real players who are playing the game, and not fighting uneven odds most of the time. I'm really fed up with some of the teammates that display non rational behaviour in game...

stewiejp #2 Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:44 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44384 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I like it, I really do. Give the player more than one attempt at the captcha as some are harder to read than others - but what a brilliant idea! If every 3-5 games is too hard to implement then we could start at 10 (games at 0 damage triggering the code).

Hi5 - great work. 

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:03 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75879 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Maybe make the captcha "Shooting an enemy tank"

BorisTheBlade888 #4 Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:57 AM

First lieutenant

• 35588 battles
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 14 May 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

Maybe make the captcha "Shooting an enemy tank"

I've seen some real players where this appears to be too hard for them. Would get "legit" players banned.

Ezz #5 Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:50 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I recall this idea from almost na times. Sadly it was as clear then as now wg aren't going to do anything about the bots, as long as they keep buying premium time and premium tanks. Instead they'd say ludicrous things like denying there were bots in the first place.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

James9821 #6 Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:03 AM

Private

• 28037 battles

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 15 May 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

I've seen some real players where this appears to be too hard for them. Would get "legit" players banned.

There would be more than one parameter taken into consideration, I believe even a 5-years old kid would be able to have a lucky shot to make some damage in 0 games, for example. But we can't continue like this... :( Especially on high tier battles, where one player can make the difference between victory and defeat. What I was suggesting is to take in consideration more than one parameter, as I said, for example hits on target, 0 damage games, chat in game and in garage, constant invites to platoon on all teammates (as much as it's allowed in battle), and so on.Where is a will, there are solutions. And, to be honest, Wargaming doesn't have too much to gain from allowing bots to play with premium accounts, as they may lose their real players. And I doubt anyone is so stupid to pay a premium account for a bot, as you can't transfer anything to another player...

Dyn_marw #7 Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:27 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 24668 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Poststewiejp, on 14 May 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

I like it, I really do. Give the player more than one attempt at the captcha as some are harder to read than others - but what a brilliant idea! If every 3-5 games is too hard to implement then we could start at 10 (games at 0 damage triggering the code).

Hi5 - great work. 

:B yep...

Edited by A_DEADman, 16 May 2019 - 05:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users