BOTs.. What's the real story?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Righteous_End #1 Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:31 AM

Sergeant

• 18274 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

So I have been noticing interesting things about bots.

So a I was playing some games day before yesterday, server crashed last night and I noticed something about the 

bots on the enemy team I have not seen before. Communication? They where playing like a platoon.

Two games I noticed this in, a number of bots were playing really smart and they attacked me with one mind.

You may not believe it but hell if it did not happen.

I was shooting down from a hill/structure and there were 3 bots on tank alley engaged with my team.

So I start shooting at them. suddenly all three started playing like real players. One side scraping extremely well

while the others poked the corner and all were shooting at me at the same time. I was talking on TS to my platoon 

mate about what I was seeing.. Anyways I was engaging them when suddenly I was being hit by a 4th bot...

The 4th bot had run around the map and came up behind me and attacked from behind.

I noticed similar behavior in another game I had.

I've also been having bot sniping me while the real players spot me.. I mean these bots are staying off the radar

while they are killing me. I've also had a bot shoot me from his cap through an impossible crack in a building.

I went back towards my cap and went to the other side of the map, when I got there the same bot started shooting me

again.. I mean no real player would have known where I was.

So are some of the bots getting better or does their play stiles depend on your skill?

I'm seeing unicum bots in this game and now with them working together, there are times

they are playing better than most people in the game. I joke you not.

I just thought why does my team have the dumb bots and the other the smart ones, but

I'm starting to wonder if there are times bots react based on your skill and previous game play?

I wonder has anyone else been noticing these things too?

Edited by Righteous_End, 17 May 2019 - 08:22 AM.

Wodka_Warrior #2 Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:19 AM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 19194 battles
Maybe this is what happens when you get to many inaction/bot reports against you? :trollface:

Righteous_End #3 Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:30 AM

Sergeant

• 18274 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostWodka_Warrior, on 17 May 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

Maybe this is what happens when you get to many inaction/bot reports against you? :trollface:

Looks at the response and then looks at his Avatar... Yep that's about right!

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #4 Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:43 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

The real story:

Johnny was an ordinary boy. But one day he encountered a game that uses VR equipment to connect the mind right to the internet, the first of its kind.

While playing one day, the house suffered a blackout while he was still connected, severing the connection between the brain and the internet, de-syncing the entity present on the internet into a clone copy instead of getting it removed as per normal disconnection procedure.

Left on its own, the clone wanders the internet. Killing time with online games.

Without a physical brain connected however, the clone exhibits a much lower level of intelligence. Things that make sense to a 5 year old do no make sense to it.

Off-topic posting. Warning issued.

>Centurion_IRL

Edited by Centurion_IRL, 19 May 2019 - 07:54 AM.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

afoxq #5 Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:34 AM

Ultimate LUCK Killstealer

• 33234 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostRighteous_End, on 17 May 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

So I have been noticing interesting things about bots.

So a I was playing some games day before yesterday, server crashed last night and I noticed something about the 

bots on the enemy team I have not seen before. Communication? They where playing like a platoon.

Two games I noticed this in, a number of bots were playing really smart and they attacked me with one mind.

You may not believe it but hell if it did not happen.

I was shooting down from a hill/structure and there were 3 bots on tank alley engaged with my team.

So I start shooting at them. suddenly all three started playing like real players. One side scraping extremely well

while the others poked the corner and all were shooting at me at the same time. I was talking on TS to my platoon 

mate about what I was seeing.. Anyways I was engaging them when suddenly I was being hit by a 4th bot...

The 4th bot had run around the map and came up behind me and attacked from behind.

I noticed similar behavior in another game I had.

I've also been having bot sniping me while the real players spot me.. I mean these bots are staying off the radar

while they are killing me. I've also had a bot shoot me from his cap through an impossible crack in a building.

I went back towards my cap and went to the other side of the map, when I got there the same bot started shooting me

again.. I mean no real player would have known where I was.

So are some of the bots getting better or does their play stiles depend on your skill?

I'm seeing unicum bots in this game and now with them working together, there are times

they are playing better than most people in the game. I joke you not.

I just thought why does my team have the dumb bots and the other the smart ones, but

I'm starting to wonder if there are times bots react based on your skill and previous game play?

I wonder has anyone else been noticing these things too?

You do realise that when the server "crashes" or there is a mass disconnection, players can reconnect back and continue playing ? 

Kek.  

Survived the Bread & Butter Rektage of 2015/16

Survived the DPS Bus Apocalypse of 2014

Winning was is LUCK™

Righteous_End #6 Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:32 AM

Sergeant

• 18274 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View Postafoxq, on 17 May 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

You do realise that when the server "crashes" or there is a mass disconnection, players can reconnect back and continue playing ? 

Kek.  

what's that got to do with bots? 

Zynth #7 Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:27 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25370 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The AI revolution is at hand. First World of Tanks. Next, the world!

Prepare yourself. For it is a dawn of a new age. Welcome your robotic overlords and submit to their rule!

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

Napalmer #8 Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:50 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 47053 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Boy that sure sounds like an interesting replay!

... you do have the replay, right?

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25 T37, Hellcat, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50BSTB-1

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

The_average_tanker #9 Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:26 AM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 12842 battles
  • [F-S] F-S
When you finally accept that bots are better than you. :hiding:

Flying_Elite #10 Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

Always blame Hema!

• 29603 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostNapalmer, on 17 May 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

Boy that sure sounds like an interesting replay!

... you do have the replay, right?

Would suggest it doesn't get linked here btw

Spoiler

FramFramson #11 Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:11 AM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostFlying_Elite, on 18 May 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

Would suggest it doesn't get linked here btw

If he's referring to the actual WG in-game bots, why would this be a problem?

(I concede that it's not clear at all if he means WG bots or "third-party" ones).

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

CFZ #12 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:14 PM

Private

• 17600 battles

I was wondering the same thing to do with WG bots. When i play some tier 2 battles i get the bot matches which is fine but i can't understand whats going on with the bots.... With my teams bots they seem to just drive around aimlesly doing nothing and then just sit still for the whole match not even shooting. Or in my last match the bots all just sat just outside the cap circle (like 1 foot outside it)  instead of driving into it whilst the enemy (1 tank left) capped for the win. Then there's the enemy bots which seem to have great skill with snapping shots off like a boss whilst on the move, side scraping like a unicum, dodging shots and taking cover whilst reloading, and capping when possible....the list goes on.

I'd really love to hear from a WG dev as to what the skill level of bots really is or should be.

CFZ #13 Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:51 PM

Private

• 17600 battles
Another thing i've noticed recently since the last few updates is the WG bots seem to be getting in the way a lot more often, slowing you down or just getting in the way of your shots. I've also had quite a few bots pushing me into enemy fire and doing team damage lately.

mttspiii #14 Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:23 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31169 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostCFZ, on 23 June 2019 - 09:51 PM, said:

Another thing i've noticed recently since the last few updates is the WG bots seem to be getting in the way a lot more often, slowing you down or just getting in the way of your shots. I've also had quite a few bots pushing me into enemy fire and doing team damage lately.

WG must've designed the bots to function via machine learning, picking up gameplay it observes from typical WoT players.

Unfortunately, the typical WoT player does exactly those things you mentioned, thus the machines have picked it up as well.

TL;DR we've made the bots stupider just by looking at us.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

charcoal44 #15 Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:57 PM

Sergeant

• 13432 battles
  • [NFB] NFB
I've never noticed that, they are dumb as dog s***.

mttspiii #16 Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:32 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31169 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View Postcharcoal44, on 26 June 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

I've never noticed that, they are dumb as dog s***.

The bots or the humans? I can't really tell...

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

_Sammich_ #17 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:57 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 32901 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postmttspiii, on 27 June 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

^^

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Righteous_End #18 Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:43 AM

Sergeant

• 18274 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostCFZ, on 23 June 2019 - 09:51 PM, said:

My mates and I have noticed that lately too.. Oh and you get a few on your team who just drive back and forth in front of your tank while you are trying to play and shoot things.

Ezz #19 Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:45 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRighteous_End, on 13 July 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

My mates and I have noticed that lately too.. Oh and you get a few on your team who just drive back and forth in front of your tank while you are trying to play and shoot things.

View Postmttspiii, on 28 June 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Mustang_Sally #20 Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:01 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 18087 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Windows and crayons come to mind!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users