Dear WG, this is what I think about your plan to encourage platooning

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #1 Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:50 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 21 May 2019 - 01:11 AM.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Ezz #2 Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:37 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The best is when one dies early so there other suicides out of solidarity.

Edited by Ezz, 21 May 2019 - 05:37 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Shilouette #3 Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:44 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Proposed Balance Mechanics

Platoon bonus should only be applied:

-When the combined damage dealt by the platoon equals or exceeds 10% of the total enemy team hitpoints.

i.e. With an estimate of a Tier 8/9 battle having a 25,000 damage enemy hitpoint pool - a 2-player platoon needs to deal an average of 1250 damage per player, while a 3-player platoon needs to deal an average of 834 damage per player. This has an effect of encouraging more decent players to form 3-player platoons.

Penalties should be applied for abysmal gameplay by individual players and ESPECIALLY bots (regardless of being in a platoon or otherwise):

(Moved content to a new topic for discussion)

Edited by Shilouette, 21 May 2019 - 01:03 PM.

spacewolf #4 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:24 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 72610 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Shil, every now and then even good players have a bad tilt. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

NameWasStolenStresslevel #5 Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:28 AM

First lieutenant

• 39530 battles

View PostEzz, on 21 May 2019 - 06:37 AM, said:

The best is when one dies early so there other suicides out of solidarity.

View PostShilouette, on 21 May 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

Proposed Balance Mechanics

Platoon bonus should only be applied:

-When the combined damage dealt by the platoon equals or exceeds 10% of the total enemy team hitpoints.

i.e. With an estimate of a Tier 8/9 battle having a 25,000 damage enemy hitpoint pool - a 2-player platoon needs to deal an average of 1250 damage per player, while a 3-player platoon needs to deal an average of 834 damage per player. This has an effect of encouraging more decent players to form 3-player platoons.

Penalties should be applied for abysmal gameplay by individual players and ESPECIALLY bots (regardless of being in a platoon or otherwise):

(Moved content to a new topic for discussion)

:great:

platoon players should have a minigame dedicated for them, 3v3 or 5v5 mini random battles only for those who wants to platoon. In standard random battles i dont see platoon as a good thing, i never complain about bad teams, but platoon is a different thing, is like a team inside a team, which completely breaks balance and brings mostly bad surprises imo.

Also please i wish wargaming add some kind of statistics about platooning to the service record, like "platoon ratio" or "platoon record" at least to discorauge some folks from even trying to platoon too much in order to attempt to fix something on their service record. The only way i have right now to know how much someone has terribly platooned is the "brother in arms" medal, but that there is no way to know when a bad player has platooned too much because they usually dont recieve these medals so that medal doesnt reach my public target.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 14 July 2019 - 08:33 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

mttspiii #6 Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31169 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 14 July 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

platoon players should have a migraine dedicated for them

Dyslexia moment here. Move along.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users