Jump to content


WG Asia and its premium shop - Money grab?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

CaptainNoch_01 #1 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:40 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21173 battles
  • 193
  • [G-I] G-I
  • Member since:
    09-05-2013

Lately, I just can't seem to understand but somehow, WG Asia and its premium shop is the most 'colourful' compared to those of other servers. A lot of "controversial" and rare tanks have been popping out every week, sometimes accompanied with a bundle that includes gold. Yesterday, WG added Obj 252U/ Defender into the shop. A couple of weeks ago, it was the IS-3A. And since Christmas, Skorpion G has been on the shop at least once a week each month.

 

Is WG Asia just selling these tanks to 'grab' more money and attract players to remain (if that even makes sense) or is there a reason for them selling these tanks left right and centre when just last year, they were rare and only obtainable through special occasions or the infamous holiday lootboxes.

 

Current Tanks that have made an appearence:

Skorpion (G)

SU-130PM

Chrysler K

IS-3A

Obj 252U/ Defender

T-44-100

 

"Rare" Tank

KV-5

ISU-130

Pz.III K


Edited by CaptainNoch_01, 21 May 2019 - 08:44 AM.

signature.png

 

Why do I still play this game? 


Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:05 AM

    Blue Mountain Aoyama

  • Beta-Tester
  • 75682 battles
  • 7,484
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
Defender price increased tho.


Profanisaurus #3 Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:15 AM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2017 battles
  • 4,443
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013
They still won't swap out my Black Chrysler for a tank barbieable one so they are dead to me.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

samibsal #4 Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:28 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 15314 battles
  • 90
  • [PAK] PAK
  • Member since:
    07-06-2017
they know asia players dont care about skill so lets have them alternative

Sir_Direkin #5 Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:08 AM

    Purveyor of Salt

  • Member
  • 12127 battles
  • 1,316
  • [VERTX] VERTX
  • Member since:
    12-16-2016

View Postsamibsal, on 21 May 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

they know asia players dont care about skill so lets have them alternative

 

They don't seem to care about winning either, just "shoot red tank, beep boop". Actually sometimes it's "shoot green tank" too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard


Profanisaurus #6 Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:14 AM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2017 battles
  • 4,443
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013
The ongoing delusion that game play is somehow better on other servers amuses me. 
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

samibsal #7 Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:45 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 15314 battles
  • 90
  • [PAK] PAK
  • Member since:
    07-06-2017

View PostSir_Direkin, on 21 May 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

 

They don't seem to care about winning either, just "shoot red tank, beep boop". Actually sometimes it's "shoot green tank" too.

lamfao

hell yeah



CaptainNoch_01 #8 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21173 battles
  • 193
  • [G-I] G-I
  • Member since:
    09-05-2013

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 21 May 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

Defender price increased tho.

 

Price may have increased but as in Economics, if the tank is desirable (for some), they will still buy it. I'd say the Defender's price is increased due to the 3750 gold bundle it comes with. Remove that gold bundle and it can easily cost as much as a Löwe.

signature.png

 

Why do I still play this game? 


Bash_sh #9 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:27 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 26999 battles
  • 963
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    05-25-2013

let me get this str8, you want to spend real money on this game, and you complain about the money grab in the prem shop ?

what is that saying " an idiot and his homey ....", WG is knows it very well ...

 

 



spacewolf #10 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 73231 battles
  • 2,897
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

I'm curious to know how the OP knows what specials pop up in other servers. 

 

Granted we're getting a few, and some of them may be a little more rare and/or desirable than other offerings, but if you already own the tank then why is it a concern?

 

I get that I'm posting from a position of severe apathy and the most logical response is that you may have paid more for it to get it earlier, but that's the cost of getting a reasonably rare tank before everyone else. Those economics work in the real world also - in the bike world, you pay a premium if you want the first of anything, then as the mainstream users start buying in the cost goes down. The same can be said in the technology world too - there's many cases of this.

 

Is it a last gasp for WG? Probably not yet, but we have all watched this developing, and I suspect it'll start getting more common with rarer tanks eventually. 


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


CaptainNoch_01 #11 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21173 battles
  • 193
  • [G-I] G-I
  • Member since:
    09-05-2013

View Postspacewolf, on 21 May 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

I'm curious to know how the OP knows what specials pop up in other servers. 

 

Granted we're getting a few, and some of them may be a little more rare and/or desirable than other offerings, but if you already own the tank then why is it a concern?

 

I get that I'm posting from a position of severe apathy and the most logical response is that you may have paid more for it to get it earlier, but that's the cost of getting a reasonably rare tank before everyone else. Those economics work in the real world also - in the bike world, you pay a premium if you want the first of anything, then as the mainstream users start buying in the cost goes down. The same can be said in the technology world too - there's many cases of this.

 

Is it a last gasp for WG? Probably not yet, but we have all watched this developing, and I suspect it'll start getting more common with rarer tanks eventually. 

 

Simply go to their premium shop and you'll see the specials that pop up there. I'd say, Asia has the most number of specials each week.

signature.png

 

Why do I still play this game? 


spacewolf #12 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 73231 battles
  • 2,897
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012
<shrugs> ok, but does it bother you? If so, why?

Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


CaptainNoch_01 #13 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21173 battles
  • 193
  • [G-I] G-I
  • Member since:
    09-05-2013

View PostBash_sh, on 21 May 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

let me get this str8, you want to spend real money on this game, and you complain about the money grab in the prem shop ?

what is that saying " an idiot and his homey ....", WG is knows it very well ...

 

 

 

Am I complaining?

And my decision to spend real money on this game is entirely my affair and having been on this game for nearly six years, it isn't blind spending as compared to those who just began last month and have tier 8 premiums at their disposal.

I call it a money grab because... it could very well be the case. However, I am genuinely interested if there could be a reason for this. Frontlines seem to be a reason they have, selling the IS-3A and Cent 5/1 last week.


signature.png

 

Why do I still play this game? 


wasaabi #14 Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:06 PM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 22395 battles
  • 6,756
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

Moved to the appropriate area.

 

~Wasaabi


The Dude abides.

 
Spoiler

 


afoxq #15 Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:08 PM

    Ultimate LUCK Killstealer

  • Member
  • 33866 battles
  • 1,577
  • [LUCK] LUCK
  • Member since:
    10-08-2012
Irony much when your CC has been known to be very generous with various and lavish in game gifts to the clan officers .. :popcorn:

Survived the Bread & Butter Rektage of 2015/16

Survived the DPS Bus Apocalypse of 2014

Winning was is LUCK™


Wolvenworks #16 Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:13 PM

    Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 13459 battles
  • 1,395
  • [DONUT] DONUT
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

*ahem* chinese players in refuge from the KZ server *ahem*. they have *ahem* a lot of money *ahem*

 

sorry, sore throat






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users