Banned mods

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ForbiddenName #1 Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:50 PM

Corporal

• 35900 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

Hi,

I have noticed recently that many players on the friendly team use mods that show which enemy hit them and how long that enemy has to reload.  I was under the impression that reload timers were banned.  Has this changed?

Cheers,

ForbiddenName

mttspiii #2 Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:38 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31087 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Exact reload timers are banned; these timers take into account equipment (Rammer, Vents), crew (Brothers-in-Arms), directives et al. They take specific data about the enemy vehicle that hit them, and that's illegal.

Estimate reload timers are legal. These simply take the raw reload time from the WoT wiki and are almost always wrong by at least 10%.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:50 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73792 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Funny that you can ban a multiplier.

But hey, what do I know about logic.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

mttspiii #4 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:56 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31087 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 22 May 2019 - 11:50 PM, said:

Funny that you can ban a multiplier.

But hey, what do I know about logic.

Knowing which multiplier to include is the main reason for banning I guess.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

ForbiddenName #5 Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:11 PM

Corporal

• 35900 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View Postmttspiii, on 22 May 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

Exact reload timers are banned; these timers take into account equipment (Rammer, Vents), crew (Brothers-in-Arms), directives et al. They take specific data about the enemy vehicle that hit them, and that's illegal.

Estimate reload timers are legal. These simply take the raw reload time from the WoT wiki and are almost always wrong by at least 10%.

Thanks for that info, interesting to know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users