what happened in the Black Market?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

cha0s_master03 #21 Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:34 AM

Private

• 10515 battles
  • [YETI3] YETI3

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 27 May 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

​i got caught by surprise as well although  i have 17.8 million gross credits laying around and 200 million credits worth of consumables, but i would never sell them half price just to get something like a black dog or black skinned version of what i already have... I think this half price consumables sales cannot be just a coincidence?? well maybe it is, such unfortunate coincidence to happen right when we need credits to buy weird tanks that are being sold in a black market event that no one knew was coming.... Such surprise for me... But i will never sell a single consumable i have for half price... That would be such waste of credits/time that i am not willing to afford...

i checked, I dont think there is any sale going on at EU, NA and RU server. Its just Asia. :/ But yeah, its too fishy to be a coincidence.

[/URL]

stewiejp #22 Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:10 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44195 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

The sale is on all servers - not just ours. The only difference is NA is not synced with the rest of the world so they know in advance what the tanks are - probably because someone forgot to "carry the one" when working out the time differences. 

Whilst I love equipment and consumable sales this one has come at the worse possible time for people like chaos master. Misers like myself will have to make a tough decision if the credits run too low and there is a "must have" tank towards the end... sell premium consumables at 5k each (25% of their full price value), sell equipment at the same loss, exchange gold (often discussed as the worse possible way to spend it), fork out cash for gold/credit packs or sell a tanks. 

Premium consumables may have been bought in advance for at 50% off for 10k each - selling them to raise funds when there is no sale on is fine since you get back what you paid for them but this week will only net you 5k each. Equipment is the same so best case scenario is players will be selling at half what they paid for. Worse case is they are selling them at a quarter of what they may have paid for them or will need to pay for them if they want the equipment back asap (compared to the full price). 

A very real option is to sell tanks after investigating which ones you can re buy bearing in mind any time limits - as the amount you buy them back for will be only +10%. ie a tank you sell for 200,000 credits will only cost 220,000 to buy back compared to consumables or credits if we sell 200,000 worth it could cost 800,000 to buy them back over time, or 400,000 during a sale.

Food for thought. 

Links to the buy back guides on our website:

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/update-916-recovery-vehicle-crew/

https://asia.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/22723/

From the first link: Time limits

Posted Image

Another article from NA which explains the process:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/general/vehicle-crew-recovery/

Hope this helps, "normal" premium tanks appear to have a 72 hour time limit which could be tricky... another option could be to sell tier 10's or tech tree tanks which don't get used and hope to re buy them during an on track event (future discount)

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

GMcE #23 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:13 PM

Private

• 14564 battles
  • [K-I-A] K-I-A
Did they actually sell the Type 59 G in Asia?

stewiejp #24 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44195 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Yes - on the first night

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

neokai #25 Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:19 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View Poststewiejp, on 30 May 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

Yes - on the first night

Not really, it was on Sat or Sun night (so day 2-3)

First night was the black dog which slipped under most people's radar.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users