Jump to content


KV-1 vs KV-1S


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

_Sp4rtacus_ #1 Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7347 battles
  • 127
  • Member since:
    06-15-2017

Hi Guys , i did check out a previous post on this topic but wanted an update on opinions on these two tanks ..

I have both of them now .

 

The KV-1 i have researched ALL components and when i get the KV-1s crew to 100% trained the KV-1 will be prem

it is a good tank the KV-1 , i can pretty much confidently waltz into a battle and pick of enemies , its much like a TD .

 

The KV-1S i have just got and all i have done thus far is put tracks on ready to upgrade as i get more XP .

But just wondered what more experienced players thought was the best of the 2 ? First impression is

that it is slightly faster but apart from that i havent researched that far ahead to compare .

 

And secondly in replays i have seen tanks circle around a tank pretty much locked onto a target ,

is this just good aiming or ?

 

Thanks all

 

 



tequilapowered #2 Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:01 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 171 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013

View PostSp4rtacus_1, on 28 May 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

 

And secondly in replays i have seen tanks circle around a tank pretty much locked onto a target ,

is this just good aiming or ?

 

 

 

 

 

That's is autoaim. Rightclick when your reticle is on target and gun will track the target until you cancel with another rightclick or target destroyed/disappear.

 

 

 



spacewolf #3 Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:02 AM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 73716 battles
  • 2,906
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

Right click auto aim for circling. Not always the best but it's noob friendly. 

 

KV1 leads to a KV2. You'll like it. The KV1 is a pretty good tank for tier.

 

The 1S used to be a tier 6, if it's at tier 5 then the last time I played it is too long ago for me to really offer sensible comment, but I suspect someone will give you a good comparison. 


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


_Sp4rtacus_ #4 Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:42 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7347 battles
  • 127
  • Member since:
    06-15-2017

View Postspacewolf, on 28 May 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

Right click auto aim for circling. Not always the best but it's noob friendly. 

 

KV1 leads to a KV2. You'll like it. The KV1 is a pretty good tank for tier.

 

The 1S used to be a tier 6, if it's at tier 5 then the last time I played it is too long ago for me to really offer sensible comment, but I suspect someone will give you a good comparison. 

 

Yer i had the credits for either , i researched the KV2 didnt purchase as i thought i'd go the KV1S because the KV1 is such a damn good tank and the KV2 is one ugly S.O.B , but have been next to one when it destroys a tank with one loud BOOM.

So until i get my credits back up to 955,000 i cant get the KV2 , but will do when i get their again .

And AUOTAIM what ?? How many kills have i missed by never using that :facepalm:



mttspiii #5 Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:07 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 32069 battles
  • 17,066
  • [PVP] PVP
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostSp4rtacus_1, on 28 May 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

 

Yer i had the credits for either , i researched the KV2 didnt purchase as i thought i'd go the KV1S because the KV1 is such a damn good tank and the KV2 is one ugly S.O.B , but have been next to one when it destroys a tank with one loud BOOM.

So until i get my credits back up to 955,000 i cant get the KV2 , but will do when i get their again .

And AUOTAIM what ?? How many kills have i missed by never using that :facepalm:

 

You right-click on an enemy tank and it kinda follows center mass.

 

*kinda*

 

Because if the target is moving you'd miss. If you are moving you'd miss. If there's a knee-deep piece of rubble blocking part of the tank you'd miss. If you want to hit a specific part of the tank you can't; autoaim only aims for center mass. Not that it's useless, no; it's a handy tool if you're focused on driving instead of gunning (like say, a quick LT with a rapid-fire gun), but when you're in a slow-and-steady heavy tank like KV-1, KV-1S, or even KV-2, manual aiming is more effective.


I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


spacewolf #6 Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:10 PM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 73716 battles
  • 2,906
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012
Don't rely on autoaim, it isn't really that wonderful. Use normal aim for normal shooting, and maybe autoaim when circling but be aware it can (and does) bounce a lot of shots.

Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


_Sp4rtacus_ #7 Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:52 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7347 battles
  • 127
  • Member since:
    06-15-2017

View Postmttspiii, on 28 May 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

 

You right-click on an enemy tank and it kinda follows center mass.

 

*kinda*

 

Because if the target is moving you'd miss. If you are moving you'd miss. If there's a knee-deep piece of rubble blocking part of the tank you'd miss. If you want to hit a specific part of the tank you can't; autoaim only aims for center mass. Not that it's useless, no; it's a handy tool if you're focused on driving instead of gunning (like say, a quick LT with a rapid-fire gun), but when you're in a slow-and-steady heavy tank like KV-1, KV-1S, or even KV-2, manual aiming is more effective.

Yer tried it , it is handy for aiming while retreating or circling a dying tank , never used it before today .



_Sp4rtacus_ #8 Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7347 battles
  • 127
  • Member since:
    06-15-2017

View Postspacewolf, on 28 May 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Don't rely on autoaim, it isn't really that wonderful. Use normal aim for normal shooting, and maybe autoaim when circling but be aware it can (and does) bounce a lot of shots.

 

Yes agreed and thankyou

Profanisaurus #9 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2017 battles
  • 4,452
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013
I am prone to use it too much. You still need to avoid shooting a heavily armoured target in the front not right at the moment you are loaded and auto-aiming a KV-220 is pretty pointless (advice seeing as you are mainly tier 5ing).

Edited by Profanisaurus, 28 May 2019 - 07:52 PM.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

samibsal #10 Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 15314 battles
  • 90
  • [PAK] PAK
  • Member since:
    07-06-2017
For kv1 vs kv1s
Kv1 is more noob friendly.probabily best starting tank to learn game tactics.
Kv1s has bit less armor but way better mobilty.if I were you then I will stick to kv1 and play a couple hundred battles in it and even ace it.
Both tanks are solid but kv1s requires more experience.

Edited by samibsal, 28 May 2019 - 11:34 PM.


_Sp4rtacus_ #11 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7347 battles
  • 127
  • Member since:
    06-15-2017

Got both going atm.

 

But the KV1 can be a 'sigh'  tank , the Derp is one hit kill pretty much , if not kill disables till kill . The 57mm is fast loading and deals enough damage to kill in 4-5 shots usually

but in saying that it depends on the map , i can guarantee if i mount the 57mm i will get Abey loaded up or something similar and if i mount the derp i'll get sand river or similar 

loaded which completely makes the tank fairly useless on the wrong map



samibsal #12 Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:44 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 15314 battles
  • 90
  • [PAK] PAK
  • Member since:
    07-06-2017
best bet for kv1 is to use 85mm gun.its quite powerfull for its tier.but if you like durp guns then you can mount 122mm.57mm gun is for seal clubbing but only with premium ammo.

MagicalFlyingFox #13 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:38 PM

    Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

  • Beta-Tester
  • 32993 battles
  • 13,606
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012
Run the 85mm, its the most reliable gun out of the lot. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

 A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.


_Sp4rtacus_ #14 Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7347 battles
  • 127
  • Member since:
    06-15-2017

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 29 May 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

Run the 85mm, its the most reliable gun out of the lot. 

 

Thankyou for that , the Derps are ok close up but hard at distances

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users