Wheeled vehicles

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

OB_JUAN #1 Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

Sergeant

• 39597 battles

Wheeled vehicles are too much of a disadvantage to the team without. The wheeled vehicle allows 1 team to attack while the other hides due to the randomness of Wheeled vehicles. I have seen whole teams disappear due to wheeled vehicles, how is this fair. Wheeled vehicle drivers know this and exploit this. 

They are OP not because they have good guns or armor, it's because of their randomness and the chaos they inflict on the opposing teams. A typical example is if you have 2 teams with only half the team left on each side, the team with a wheeled vehicle wins unless the driver is a moron,  i would lay odds on that victory every day.

From what I have seen scouts in t9 and 10 games are dead now and only EBR's rule.

I know WOT couldn't give a crap about their player base but really enough. 

basil_liddell_hart #2 Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:24 PM

Corporal

• 38408 battles
  • [LANCR] LANCR
Said exactly the same thing on another thread.  too many times only one team has a wheeled vehicle and they have the advantage.  If you get like happened in a battle earlier tonight where one team has a tier 9 wheeled vehicle and the other a tier 8 normal light(Lttb).  Your screwed from the start.  The tracking on them shits me to.  152mm shell straight in the side and doesn't even slow down or take any damage.  I'd like to invite Victor to sit in one while we test how valid that result is.

Rocdocta #3 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:07 PM

Sergeant

• 26823 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
i hope they get better as my tier 6 contribute very little compared to my tracked lights...

mttspiii #4 Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:01 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31829 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostRocdocta, on 07 June 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

i hope they get better as my tier 6 contribute very little compared to my tracked lights...

My tier 7 is just 13 57 food with that turning radius.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #5 Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:20 AM

Major

• 44004 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Tehy would only be a real problem if more players were actually good in them, though to be fair that does lead to very random and swingy outcomes. A good wheelie player with no enemy wheelie can decide a match, it's true. But most wheelies are piloted by baddies. Who, if they're their only team's LT, can also decide a match... only in the other way.

All they really need to do is decrease the invulnerability of the wheels, because that's the truly stupid part. 

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

azmania3000 #6 Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:42 AM

Captain

• 46850 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostFramFramson, on 08 June 2019 - 04:20 AM, said:

All they really need to do is decrease the invulnerability of the wheels, because that's the truly stupid part. 

WG should get in contact with peewee herman and introduce bycicles IMO

"Armored car being shot by Jaegeroo"

Edited by azmania3000, 08 June 2019 - 07:43 AM.

HexHammer #7 Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33509 battles

Well as someone who mainly plays light tanks. I can say that wheeled tanks are the equal of tracked tanks.

The tracked tanks are more consistent in performance, while the wheeled tanks are very much risk/reward, so for every game where you see a lucky wheeled tank cause chaos, you can be sure that the next game that same tank gets deleted early for a low damage game.

If I had to choose only one light tank that I could ever play, I would choose the EVEN90. However I never bought the EBR FL, regrets were made - that tank seems pretty powerful.

Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart #8 Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:24 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 35718 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

While I'm here...as a not very active LT player, and complete tyre traktor noob, I has the lynx, and its wheels upgrade make huge difference in stats.

Is upgrading a tyre traktors wheels an absolute MUST DO before a player can actually enjoy playing the traktor?.

FramFramson #9 Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:57 AM

Major

• 44004 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 07 June 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

traktor

Shhhhh... if you say that too many times, WG introduces a line of Russian wheelies.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

izgoy0899 #10 Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:34 PM

Corporal

• 1573 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 08 June 2019 - 02:20 AM, said:

Tehy would only be a real problem if more players were actually good in them, though to be fair that does lead to very random and swingy outcomes. A good wheelie player with no enemy wheelie can decide a match, it's true. But most wheelies are piloted by baddies. Who, if they're their only team's LT, can also decide a match... only in the other way.

The ones that are good in them are annoying.  I've been on NA, because Defender, IS-3a, and Pz V/IV, but still stop in here to check at times. 

Chased down an EBR that got through our lines on Prokhorovka early game in the LT-432 as he made a run for our arty.  Lost 3/4 of my hp as all of his shots hit me, only 3 of mine hit him (I'm running with vents/vert stab/and snap shot), 2 of the hits were tracking shots that were just brushed off as he kept going. I as well still see WVs as another nail in the LT coffin, and not the balance of arty as many say. 

Edited by izgoy0899, 10 June 2019 - 05:40 PM.

DanLBob #11 Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:17 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25809 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 07 June 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

My tier 7 is just 13 57 food with that turning radius.

Um is not OP because P2W tank can kill?

Dan

mttspiii #12 Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:10 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31829 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostMuds_Revenge, on 08 June 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

While I'm here...as a not very active LT player, and complete tyre traktor noob, I has the lynx, and its wheels upgrade make huge difference in stats.

Is upgrading a tyre traktors wheels an absolute MUST DO before a player can actually enjoy playing the traktor?.

Just looked at it, and I'm amazed at how massive the upgraded suspension for the Lynx can be. The AMD, EBR Hotch, and stock Lynx has ~200 traverse, while the elite Lynx and EBR 75/90/105 get ~300 traverse. That's like the turning difficulty between a TOG vs a Sherman.

Lynx is a strangely interesting tank for me actually, it's the transition between 6 & 7 vs 9 & 10 but is at the same time unique by itself.

- The cars are generally unarmored, but this tank takes "unarmored" to a whole new level from "still resists HE by virtue of having the same armor thickness as the best-armored tier II tank" to "might blow up if it collides with a motorcar or any other environmental object". Also means any possibility of autobouncing anything is impossible; even a 13 57 or stock AMD 178 will autopen your armor

- 75mm and 90mm are both viable. They have the same AP and sprem pen, though the HE pen rises from 75 to 90. 90mm does get more DPM and accuracy, but the 75mm's RoF will let you ready up another HE round faster for those counterscouting fights

- Wheel traverse transition, from older tanks that needs a three-point turn to turn around to tanks than can almost turn in place.

- Caliber transition. It's not as much as a change in alpha since the AMD switches from a poppy 2-pdr to a traditional 75mm, the EBR Hotch from a typical 75mm to the BC 12t's "ultra" 75mm similar to the Russians' 85mm guns. Overmatching a waffentrager is nice when on the move and relying on AP for shell velocity on mid-range skirmishes.

- Driving > Camo. This is where you start meeting tanks that generally have 400m view range so you'd have to rely even harder on driving than raw camouflage to scout with tier I view range.

- Crappiest top speed of the lot. Which is why in Frontlines the EBR 75 would be nibbling away at the enemy objective while you could still snipe at foolish Lynxes that thought they can outrun you.

- Worst effective DPM of the lot. The low-tiers rely on healthy DPM with their targets not having so much hitpoints, the high-tiers have an autoloader.

- Decent wheel-shield module HP. No, seriously, you don't have armor but at least your wheelshields rise in HP from Hotch's 140 to 200. Which means only 150mm derps can "dewheel" you. Slap on the the super-suspension equipment, and not even a Deathstar can dewheel you.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

BadAtLightTanks #13 Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:39 AM

Corporal

• 5497 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
I am getting screwed by wheeled vehicles in all my games in the AMX 1357. Only the stupid players will try to get close to me to ram me, the smart ones circle me to death with that freaking gun that can hit accurately on the move.

Edited by BadAtLightTanks, 17 June 2019 - 06:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users