New frontline rules ...what a joke

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

TheBudgiesmuggler #1 Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:17 AM

Staff sergeant

• 27625 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Seriously if Wargaming doesn't want SPG in frontline then just remove it all together with the recent changes of dropping the reserve slots from 3 to 1 is ridiculous and giving HT's 3 slots...really... I run light tanks as well and they've had a reserve nerf as well who exactly is running the show, SPG and light tanks play an important role in defending or attacking the cap and if it wasn't for SPG and light tanks the caps would fall even faster for the defending teams so well done Wargaming your pandering to the cry babies really shows the lack of logic.

Edited by TheBudgiesmuggler, 14 June 2019 - 07:19 AM.

Ezz #2 Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:44 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Seems like a meaningful and logical change, especially for arty. Clearly wg didn't feel there was a reasonable link between effort and progression.

Edited by Ezz, 14 June 2019 - 10:00 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Vindictus_Maximus #3 Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:56 AM

Corporal

• 4533 battles

My EBR FL is going to miss that Inspire Reserve.

I would take my EBR out with a 5 skill crew, improved vents and optics bought with bonds, running food, and +2.5% vents directive, then run inspire reserve on top, to get the most premium experience you will ever get in that tank, with long games, and nice big open maps to enjoy it with.

The way you could be going 80km/h, vaguely auto-aim at some tank 500m away, and then snap shot it twice, when not even looking that way because you looking where you were driving. I am sure it will still be fun, but man, my EBR will miss that inspire sorely.....

But lets be fair, Light Tanks already have so many advantages, it is only fair to strip them of the extra 2 slots - Engineer by itself is good enough. And No-one should be getting General unless they are geniunely skilled at the game, so any and all nerfs to arty is very welcome.

I mainly play lights and am a little disappointed with these changes, but they are fair and needed.

Ezz #4 Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:01 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
As I've said before, if be more than happy if they just removed the magic spell consumables altogether.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:12 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73604 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Ceasefire is 3 hours

Lol

MrRez #6 Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:18 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 30234 battles
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS
I agree with Ezz, i also feel these are positive changes to frontline which had basically descended into RC CAR's and a Arty fest.

Ezz #7 Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

7 minute cool down of a tank strikes me as interesting. Not as easy for two tank fronties I guess. While the 10s reload or whatever it's called will save some alt tabbing.

All and all probably positive changes. Next let's hope they have greater afk tank detection and punishment.

Edited by Ezz, 14 June 2019 - 08:23 AM.

Mudguts4710 #8 Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

Face like a Robber's Dog

• Beta-Tester
  • 42083 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

So an SPG can no longer be the only vehicle on the map that can:

• Spot the capper with their spy plane
  • Splash and stun the capper with a HE round
  • then airstrike and arty the stunned capper with their orbital death rays
  • and jump from private to LT/Capt in 60 secs
  • whilst sitting 2 full render ranges away from their target?

Seems a travesty.

Arty players need to write to their elected representatives immediately

Cynic - someone who sees the world as it actually is, not as everyone wishes it was...

Shoot it with Sabot until it stops, then shoot it with HEAT until it changes shape. ('Israeli method' of ensuring a tank kill)

CardinalMite #9 Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:21 AM

Captain

• 28694 battles

1. Lol at arty whining about no longer being able to (without risk remember) consecutively indirect fire, airstrike and then call in an arty strike. Much sympathy for your plight, said no one ever.

2. It makes some logical sense that heavies get more consumables, not sure about 3 though but prepared to see how it goes before judgement.

3. The significantly longer tank return sounds like it could be quite iffy. I think it may encourage defenders to not defend aggressively and so caps may end up being given up without much contest at all. It is harder to stay alive while resetting cap than it is to take a cap.

4. Objectives spotting, meh, might help a little not sure it is going to do much.

5. Cap C will still be bypassed mostly. Cap B will still fall way too easily.

6. Meds like progettos and L40ts getting 2 slots... I think that it is too much. 

7. Lol again at arty whiners, because why not?

Edited by CardinalMite, 14 June 2019 - 11:24 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

kickim #10 Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:24 AM

First lieutenant

• 51021 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Woah!...... all hell about to let lose.

Previously only SPG and LT get 3 reserves.

SPGs were limited in number so while it greatly enhanced their damage potential, the impact on general gameplay was limited due to infrequent use of reserves...

LTs however were getting popular and many more of them running around and in effect more reserves being used compared to SPG. That said, it was hard to use reserves while speeding around, need to stop and park somewhere safe in order to use it.

With the changes, HTs now get 3 reserves. As a class, there are usually more of them on the battlefield than any other class... so I guess we'll see a whole lot more reserves being thrown about. It's gonna look like an arty battle rather than a tank battle... everybody's gonna hang back in some arty safe spot and lob reserves and each other. Anyone caught in the open will be perma-reserves-ed!!! lol.

Looks like fast heavies are going to be popular, maybe fast heavy auto-loaders like AMX 50 100/Emil 1? I guess Progettos are gonna still be meta as well.

I might sit this one out...nightmares coming!

Ezz #11 Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:36 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postkickim, on 14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

With the changes, HTs now get 3 reserves. As a class, there are usually more of them on the battlefield than any other class... 

With you on this. Arty and light reserves i get as they were overly effective and hence over represented. But HTs were already there in numbers, so why give them a significant buff? 1 extra reserve maybe, but from 1 to 3? Yeesh... as you can say this next one could be a rough one. I'm just glad they let us play easy mode during the double xp session.

CardinalMite #12 Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:43 AM

Captain

• 28694 battles
Instead of giving the consumables by class they should throw all the tanks into a spreadsheet (not arty) sorted  by tank mobility and give the most to the slowest least mobile. That way really slow meds would get more, fast heavies would get less.

Edited by CardinalMite, 14 June 2019 - 11:44 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Vindictus_Maximus #13 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:31 PM

Corporal

• 4533 battles
On top of the Objectives being able to spot, I would also like to see them armed with machine guns at the rear of the gun. With just enough penetration to be able to harass light tanks. So then if any break through alone, they will run the chance of being destroyed by the objective, before they can destroy the objective.

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 14 June 2019 - 12:32 PM.

afoxq #14 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:32 PM

Ultimate LUCK Killstealer

• 33159 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 14 June 2019 - 07:17 AM, said:

Seriously if Wargaming doesn't want SPG in frontline then just remove it all together with the recent changes of dropping the reserve slots from 3 to 1 is ridiculous and giving HT's 3 slots...really... I run light tanks as well and they've had a reserve nerf as well who exactly is running the show, SPG and light tanks play an important role in defending or attacking the cap and if it wasn't for SPG and light tanks the caps would fall even faster for the defending teams so well done Wargaming your pandering to the cry babies really shows the lack of logic.

And you posting this thread sounds like you're the cry baby whose toys got taken away 

Survived the Bread & Butter Rektage of 2015/16

Survived the DPS Bus Apocalypse of 2014

Winning was is LUCK™

Ezz #15 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:35 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The issue of lights rushing to undefended turrets is only going to be partially mitigated by giving them vision. It's not like teams don't get notified when one of their turrets is being attacked. It's just most people on defense are either too slow to even bother or would rather try to farm reset points as that's where the prestige lies. Maybe adjust xp/prestige so that anyone in the final sector is worth more. Or something to incentivise people trying to stop the lights. As is if i'm defending and some silly lights want to end the game before they've capped everything then that's more an issue for them.

Kelilipan #16 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 4471 battles

View Postkickim, on 14 June 2019 - 03:24 AM, said:

some arty safe spot 

With regards to reserves, there's none.

View PostMudguts4710, on 14 June 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

Seems a travesty.

I did all that in an LT-432 at F, except the last one but I did remain unspotted anyway. Even faster because I can shoot every 4 seconds and spread the engineering effect for more defensive points.

Edited by Kelilipan, 14 June 2019 - 12:37 PM.

Mudguts4710 #17 Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:09 PM

Face like a Robber's Dog

• Beta-Tester
  • 42083 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostKelilipan, on 14 June 2019 - 04:36 AM, said:

I did all that in an LT-432 at F, except the last one but I did remain unspotted anyway. Even faster because I can shoot every 4 seconds and spread the engineering effect for more defensive points.

Granted. (except you probs weren't firing HE)

The whole point is that in an LT you have to utilise spotting and camo mechanics, knowledge of the map, whilst engaging enemies with a direct fire weapon where there is a risk getting shot at as a result. AND you have to do it from within the render/view range of the enemy.

SPG players greatest FL challenge is that they may have to use their left hands in game to activate the 3 "magic spells" that they had prior to this.

Cynic - someone who sees the world as it actually is, not as everyone wishes it was...

Shoot it with Sabot until it stops, then shoot it with HEAT until it changes shape. ('Israeli method' of ensuring a tank kill)

CardinalMite #18 Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:39 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles

View PostEzz, on 14 June 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

The issue of lights rushing to undefended turrets is only going to be partially mitigated by giving them vision. It's not like teams don't get notified when one of their turrets is being attacked. It's just most people on defense are either too slow to even bother or would rather try to farm reset points as that's where the prestige lies. Maybe adjust xp/prestige so that anyone in the final sector is worth more. Or something to incentivise people trying to stop the lights. As is if i'm defending and some silly lights want to end the game before they've capped everything then that's more an issue for them.

That's the thing isn't it?

If you are a long way forward and you see on the map that an objective is under attack most of the time it makes no sense to try and go back to defend. It takes too long to get back there in time to stop the enemy tank killing the objective, sometimes even if you are in another LT.

If you do try it the objective will be gone by the time you get there. In the mean time while travelling back you are literally doing nothing useful for the team, getting no prestige xp, no damage or spotting.

Possibly you could J terminate your tank and respawn back near the objective, but you don't want to do that and then risk further dieing such that you are waiting 5 minutes to get back a tank. Now that would be 7 minutes... so yeah.. nah.

I just don't get why they don't just make an objective zone auto arty kill until the intervening caps get taken?

Ezz #19 Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:49 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
6 objectives, 2 zone then yeah, lock the zones.

Sir_Direkin #20 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:02 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostMudguts4710, on 14 June 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Seems a travesty.

I know. It breaks my heart. Makes me shed a solitary tear.

View PostEzz, on 14 June 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

As I've said before, if be more than happy if they just removed the magic spell consumables altogether.

I'm inclined to agree. Ahh... I remember when FL first came out on the test server, way back when there were no reserves (and frame rate was total poop). Those were the days. Now that was when I had the most fun in FL.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users