New British LTs discussion

• Please log in to reply
495 replies to this topic

mttspiii #101 Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:16 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32681 battles
  • [PVP] PVP
At least, the good news is that the cannon is reliable.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

neokai #102 Posted 14 July 2019 - 04:06 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View PostEzz, on 13 July 2019 - 05:44 AM, said:

Spoiler

Ezz #103 Posted 14 July 2019 - 04:53 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 70895 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Linking circon's would probably count as linking to risky content given all the expletives.

But anyway I think we are looking at this all wrong....

Community: "the German light line is the worst in game"

Wg: "ok, we fix..."

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

HexHammer #104 Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:37 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33637 battles

View PostEzz, on 13 July 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

We did mention that aspect a few pages ago you realise. As i noted then i suspect you were missing the objective discussion of the paper stats that had been presented. Easy to do i guess but you could have saved yourself become the brunt of much of this by just spending a bit more time reading what people are posting.

I go with the information at hand. Now I have watched it in action, and just today seen the stats at tanks.gg, I will say that the Manticore is a very strong tank well worth teh grind

The gun handling is on a par with all the others - all of the tier10 LTs have pros and cons.

It has poor DPM and shell count, but has easily the best bullets in the game, 268pen APCR @ 1350velocity is vastly superior to all the other tanks.

The mobility is decent and while it may be a little slower than say the t-100, it has better gun depression and smaller profile to make up for it,

Where it shines is it is easily the best scout in the game. Its closest competitor is the T-100. When maxed out the Manticore has 2% better camo and 15m better viewrange. This equates to a vision advantage of 25meters over the T-100 which is huge.

Put a camo net and improved optics on a Manticore, you will have a 54% camo rating, with a 520 meter viewrange. In a tank with a small profile that will use bushes most other tanks cannot.  If you bush up in this tank, most tanks will need to proxy spot it

When people grind out a tank, they like a tank that has a niche - a tank that can do it's thing better than any other tank in that game. The Manticore is the ultimate scout. Players will max out this tank, put a camo net on it, and make it famous as the memes roll in

The reason that so many people love the EVEN90 is because of how fun the tank is. The gun sucks, sluggish as hell, pitiful armour, but the vision dominance is a power unto itself. The Manticore is even better than the EVEN90, thus an even funner tank to play.

If the stats survive and they don't nerf it too much, I will definitely grind this tank, and will enjoy playing it immensely. I will keep an eye on your stats though Ezz, and expect you will stick to your guns and completely ignore the British LT line.

Ezz #105 Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:54 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70895 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Well apart from the information you overlooked that is....

Pro tip, 25m doesn't actually make that much of a difference in real terms. Otherwise you'd expect the rhm pzw to be dominating right?

Oh and good luck with that camo net plan. Sounds like it will be a super fun little tank played that way and I'm sure you'll do excellently in tier 10.

As to my plans, it appears I may not be the only one with such low expectations for the line. It will be interesting to see if wg releases it as is. I may of course grind it if they listen to the decent players out there, but as is, yeah nah. Would be a rather un fun way to spend my time.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Angmar_ #106 Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:55 AM

Corporal

• 20613 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View Postneokai, on 14 July 2019 - 06:06 AM, said:

Dude is running full improved equipment and still thinks they're rubbish. Sound like amazing tanks...

Ezz #107 Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:57 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70895 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAngmar_, on 14 July 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

Dude is running full improved equipment and still thinks they're rubbish. Sound like amazing tanks...

He wasn't using a camo net. Can't expect to do well in a manticore without one.

Angmar_ #108 Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:29 AM

Corporal

• 20613 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostEzz, on 14 July 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Can't expect to do well in a manticore

I've simplified your statement

CardinalMite #109 Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:35 AM

Captain

• 30122 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 14 July 2019 - 02:57 AM, said:

He wasn't using a camo net. Can't expect to do well in a manticore without one.

"Especially with the camo net's excellent boost to the defining feature of LTs, with no drop in camo while on the move... " - Czar Kasm - global WG head of bush balance.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

CardinalMite #110 Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• 30122 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHexHammer, on 14 July 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

I go with the information at hand. Now I have watched it in action, and just today seen the stats at tanks.gg, I will say that the Manticore is a very strong tank well worth teh grind

The gun handling is on a par with all the others - all of the tier10 LTs have pros and cons.

It has poor DPM and shell count, but has easily the best bullets in the game, 268pen APCR @ 1350velocity is vastly superior to all the other tanks.

The mobility is decent and while it may be a little slower than say the t-100, it has better gun depression and smaller profile to make up for it,

Where it shines is it is easily the best scout in the game. Its closest competitor is the T-100. When maxed out the Manticore has 2% better camo and 15m better viewrange. This equates to a vision advantage of 25meters over the T-100 which is huge.

Put a camo net and improved optics on a Manticore, you will have a 54% camo rating, with a 520 meter viewrange. In a tank with a small profile that will use bushes most other tanks cannot.  If you bush up in this tank, most tanks will need to proxy spot it

When people grind out a tank, they like a tank that has a niche - a tank that can do it's thing better than any other tank in that game. The Manticore is the ultimate scout. Players will max out this tank, put a camo net on it, and make it famous as the memes roll in

The reason that so many people love the EVEN90 is because of how fun the tank is. The gun sucks, sluggish as hell, pitiful armour, but the vision dominance is a power unto itself. The Manticore is even better than the EVEN90, thus an even funner tank to play.

If the stats survive and they don't nerf it too much, I will definitely grind this tank, and will enjoy playing it immensely. I will keep an eye on your stats though Ezz, and expect you will stick to your guns and completely ignore the British LT line.

Did you accidentally repost from back when you first entered the thread or did another cheque arrive?

You are certainly correct though in stating it has a unique niche in the game....It isn't every day that a new line is added that is so bad it occupies the prime spot of worst ever line, right from the get go.

You stated, "Manticore is even better than the EVEN90,You heard it folks this tier ten might be better than a tier 8... maybe..

Edited by CardinalMite, 14 July 2019 - 11:49 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

Ezz #111 Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:49 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70895 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
As much as I've tried to steer this away from a hex roast he keeps coming back and self immolating. Tho we may have discovered the secret to his tier light 10 performance. Those nets must be weighing them down. Set them free hex! Let them roam to their heart's content. You never know, they may creep up to 50% that way!

Angmar_ #112 Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:17 PM

Corporal

• 20613 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

The reason I'd still take my ELC over the manticore in a tier 10 game, is my ELC is running 46.47% camo without a camo net, 481m view range on the move and 546 whilst stationary. In a tier 8 tank. Oh, and the ELC is tiny so it'll happily fit in a bush that the manticore wouldn't be able to.

Not to mention the ELC will be nearly as fast as the manticore due to the elcs better terrain resist values.

Oh and forgot to mention, as circon points out, the ELC gets 45 shots, unlike any of the british lights lol

Edited by Angmar_, 14 July 2019 - 12:18 PM.

CardinalMite #113 Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:18 PM

Captain

• 30122 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The really sad thing is I was massively looking forward to when high tier British lights were going to be introduced into the  game (like ever since any nation had high tier LTs).

I like playing LTs, despite their sometimes gimped features and generally do at least ok in them. I have been gradually grinding all the national LT lines, even the ones generally considered weaker (Chinese, German) and would have definitely ground the British line.

As it stands though, unless the entire line is significantly buffed (Not just the tier 10) I will not bother grinding them.  Also the 10 needs 3 crew not 2. Having the commander need 6 skills to be competitive is just an absolute piss take.

Also can people stop claiming the Manticore is a tier 10 Elc even 90. It isnt. Tier for tier the Manticore has worse camo and view range, isn't as small and does not have a gun remotely as good as a 3 shot autoloader (even a bad one).

Edited by CardinalMite, 14 July 2019 - 12:38 PM.

Lee_Shawran #114 Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:25 PM

The marshal of missions

• 59033 battles
  • [DJ] DJ
LT British ? After reviewing, I'd rather grind spg than this

"I'm a simple man, when I see a free premium tank, I grind, I take it"

dale77 #115 Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:41 PM

Private

• 10892 battles
  • [KIWI] KIWI

View PostEzz, on 14 July 2019 - 04:53 AM, said:

But anyway I think we are looking at this all wrong....

Community: "the German light line is the worst in game"

Wg: "ok, we fix..."

LOL. The only reason that makes sense.

Profanisaurus #116 Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:55 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View PostLee_Shawran, on 14 July 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

LT British ? After reviewing, I'd rather grind spg than this

Why not neither?

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

HexHammer #117 Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:29 PM

Staff sergeant

• 33637 battles

View PostEzz, on 14 July 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

As to my plans, it appears I may not be the only one with such low expectations for the line. It will be interesting to see if wg releases it as is. I may of course grind it if they listen to the decent players out there, but as is, yeah nah. Would be a rather un fun way to spend my time.

Yes well the 'decent players' also said the EBR and EVEN90 were weak too, not so sure I am willing to trust 'decent players opinions TBH. Driving a nice mobile tank, with a good gun,  that can outvision every other tank in the game, thats sounds kind of interesting..

Anyway, you have not even reached the EBR 105 or AMX 105 yet, maybe best you don't spread  yourself too thin..

Ezz #118 Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:58 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70895 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Reached them long ago, just haven't bothered playing one at all, and the other more than a handful of games. After a while you reach a point where playing your shiney new 10 no longer holds as much appeal. Especially when all the light missions were finished long ago.

As to out visioning things, would be great if you didn't have to compromise so significantly in other areas to do it. And of course if vision mattered on more than a handful of maps in the upper tiers.

mttspiii #119 Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:51 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32681 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostHexHammer, on 14 July 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

If you're running Camo Net, why not run Binocs?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #120 Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:41 AM

Major

• 46266 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 12 July 2019 - 04:44 PM, said:

Well, he's English :trollface:

EDIT: That was before I clicked the link. Wow, even QB isn't holding back.

Edited by FramFramson, 15 July 2019 - 03:15 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users