New British LTs discussion

• Please log in to reply
495 replies to this topic

CardinalMite #121 Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:24 AM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Haha haha!

In an absolutely shocking revelation, the tier 8 premium Senlacc is better in almost every way than the tier 8 tech tree tank. 

Circon's reaction is just golden. 

https://youtu.be/nSEvV404FGY

It has > 2000 dpm and hilariously is the only British LT with high HE pen (90mm). Its dpm if it was only shooting HE and fully penned  every shot (unlikely I know but funny anyway) is > 3000.

Look at all the other stats though. Only alpha and pen is in any way a significant advantage to the tech tree tank. Camo somewhat I suppose but only a few maps would it even be a factor at all when sitting in a bush.

Think on this.. The Senlacc has 300 dpm more than the Manticore even without HE. 

Edited by CardinalMite, 15 July 2019 - 08:12 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

Angus775n #122 Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:18 AM

Sergeant

• 63353 battles
  • [PRC] PRC
Cracking review from Circon. Esp at the end when he adds the lol tractor to the comparison.

Angus775n #123 Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:38 AM

Sergeant

• 63353 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

And gameplay from QB

I like his closing comment. If you use these vehicles you put your team at a disadvantage.

Edited by neokai, 15 July 2019 - 06:23 PM.
edited to embed video properly

neokai #124 Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:32 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View PostAngmar_, on 14 July 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

Dude is running full improved equipment and still thinks they're rubbish. Sound like amazing tanks...

To be honest I was holding my breath because alot of players were wrong about the EVEN 90 evaluation. Watched QB's play of the Brit LTs and frankly it lacks the oomph to be equated to the EVEN 90. I don't think imp equipment will improve the issues because imo it's an issue of alpha, single shot peashooters with that abysmal rof is really not cutting it. Even the EVEN 90 packs more rof and a 3-shooter to make up for the alpha...

Spoiler

CardinalMite #125 Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:30 PM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

This is exactly the point.

Essentially the even 90 in many situations is going to functionally be able to punish an out of position enemy tank for 440 or 660 damage depending on if it gets off 2 or 3 shots.

For a tier 8 that is a pretty decent punch vs other tier 8s. 390 alpha on the Manticore adjusted for tier is terrible given a 13+ second reload.

For a Manticore to do the same tier for tier punishment , the alpha would need to be at least 490, possibly higher. Or alternatively (and my preferred option) make it a 2 shot 390 alpha auto-reloader with say a 2.5 second intraclip. 

And for lords sake just give it 35-40 rounds of ammo, screw whether it would fit historically.

Edited by CardinalMite, 15 July 2019 - 09:22 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

mttspiii #126 Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:44 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32643 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostCardinalMite, on 15 July 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

And for lords sake just give it 35-40 rounds of ammo, screw whether it would fit historically.

I'm sure the "rolling sentry ward" gameplay is exciting. Once you expend all 16 rounds at mid-range misses, you could now focus on driving and parking since you don't have to worry about shooting anymore.

Its limited ammo count serves as a skill ceiling to what would be an otherwise scary bushcamper.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #127 Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:07 AM

Major

• 46215 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
You could literally double the alpha (and thereby the DPM) of every tank in the British line, and I'm still not sure they'd be particularly tough nuts.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Ezz #128 Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:13 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Dez theorises that the shit Brits was a deliberate tactic and that not even wg could have messed them up that badly accidentally. So with the premium there I guess their options prior to release are...

1 buffs to the Brit line so they are on par with the senlax

2 nerf the senlax so it's on par with the tree tanks

3 embrace p2w because balance is for [edited] pussies anyway.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #129 Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:24 AM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 15 July 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

Dez theorises that the shit Brits was a deliberate tactic and that not even wg could have messed them up that badly accidentally. So with the premium there I guess their options prior to release are...

Or buff the Brit line so they on par with current Senlax but then also buff Senlax because we can't have the tech tree tier 8 = the premium. Think of the money children!

FramFramson #130 Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:37 PM

Major

• 46215 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 15 July 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

This is an obvious conclusion for anyone to come to, but what befuddles me is that even if that's true the Senlax is still thoroughly mediocre for a T8. As Circon said, a 432 would still destroy it.

Nothing about this makes any sense no matter what angle you're looking at it from.

So my guess is "office politics".

mttspiii #131 Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:24 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32643 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostFramFramson, on 16 July 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

So my guess is "office politics".

That's quite possible. Minsk isn't really very cordial with Richard "Challenger" Cutland so they decided to shit the stats on his country's newest tech line. :trollface: Or so the EU folks say; either way it's a fun story of office politics.

Of course, WG might've wanted to weaken the UK LT line so that the Senlacc sells more initially, then eventually introduce the Scorpion as the new tier X LT and make the Manticore a special vehicle to force people to burn free XP on the UK LT line.

Edited by mttspiii, 17 July 2019 - 01:27 AM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #132 Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:56 AM

Major

• 46215 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Also "Senlax" sounds like something you might take if you're all bunged up.

Ezz #133 Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:03 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Well manicure buffed already by the looks. Still looks pretty marginal but it will certainly help. Wonder if they'll do anything for the rest of them. I guess the worse they are they more chance people will just free xp them.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #134 Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:42 AM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

As Ezz eluded to buffs to the Mediocore announced.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/07/16/world-of-tanks-common-test-manticore-buffs/

Fact is though even with these all it means is that you might actually hit that one shot you get every 13.5 seconds and that you run out of shells at the 7 minute mark in the game rather than the 4 minute mark.... maybe.

While WG trolling people to free xp for some of the intermediate tiers is a well-worn cynical trope of theirs. You have to make the payoff worth it. This would still be the worst tier 10 in the game even with these "buffs."

And expecting people to free xp the tier 7 say would be bad enough, but to also have to free xp past the 8 and 9? That is taking the piss.

Edited by CardinalMite, 17 July 2019 - 05:57 AM.

Profanisaurus #135 Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:59 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
My theory is XP Boost and find platoon mates to play through the 7, suffer though the 8 in Frontlines and park the 9 as the last resort grind when I have completed everything else.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Ezz #136 Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:06 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
My theory is take out my 432 and ram them relentlessly.

Profanisaurus #137 Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:15 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Reminds me. I need to find a controlled impact pilot for the 432 for Fronties. You can barely ramkill a Progetto.

Ezz #138 Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:24 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 17 July 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

Reminds me. I need to find a controlled impact pilot for the 432 for Fronties. You can barely ramkill a Progetto.

You can always borrow mine...

Profanisaurus #139 Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:26 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Up to 18. Once I finish Prestige 8 we can talk.

CardinalMite #140 Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:48 AM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 16 July 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

My theory is XP Boost and find platoon mates to play through the 7, suffer though the 8 in Frontlines and park the 9 as the last resort grind when I have completed everything else.

My theory, do nothing.

Why put yourself through all that to get the worst tier 10 LT?

Hopefully with nearly all the community pointing out that they are not fooled that this line is anything but woefully UP; WG will buff the entire line.

They might leave say the tier 7 as an xp bypass revenue sink and no doubt the tier 8, however it is buffed will always be worse than the tier 8 premium, because $.

But at this point they have got everyone talking about the line (even if negatively), so that much hype can ensue when they buff it properly before release.

If they don't buff the line prior to release? Then WG will have officially jumped the shark, with the worst released patch since the game began. It's  a toss up whether this or the team damage removal is the worst thing about it but... yeah...

Edited by CardinalMite, 17 July 2019 - 07:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users