New British LTs discussion

• Please log in to reply
495 replies to this topic

CardinalMite #81 Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:06 PM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 06 July 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

Finally I can get high WN8 from scouting in an LT?

Well we have established 4 damaging shots is a good game.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

mttspiii #82 Posted 06 July 2019 - 04:42 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32643 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostCardinalMite, on 06 July 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

Well we have established 4 damaging shots is a good game.

If WG wants it to be played as a mediocre sniper with horrible gun stabilization, that means 1/4 of your shots will entirely miss, 1/4 of your shots will inevitably hit an autobounce spot, 1/4 of your shot will hit tracks, and the last 1/4 of your shots will pen.

You'd need to burn through the entire ammorack of 16 shells just to get the 4 damaging shots for a good game.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

CardinalMite #83 Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
You would probably need the game to go for 20 minutes...

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

XiNuAiLe #84 Posted 06 July 2019 - 08:18 PM

Tiny Tank Connoisseur

• 17327 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 06 July 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

If WG wants it to be played as a mediocre sniper with horrible gun stabilization, that means 1/4 of your shots will entirely miss, 1/4 of your shots will inevitably hit an autobounce spot, 1/4 of your shot will hit tracks, and the last 1/4 of your shots will pen.

You'd need to burn through the entire ammorack of 16 shells just to get the 4 damaging shots for a good game.

I disagree , given the current gun specs . I would do better and comfortably than any other LT at tier 10 I currently own or played .

CardinalMite #85 Posted 07 July 2019 - 11:19 AM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Good to know. Do let us know how you get on in super test.

CardinalMite #86 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:39 AM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Tier 7 and 8 stats:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/07/10/wot-supertest-british-light-tanks-lhmtv-and-gsr-3301-setter-detailed-stats/#more-71613

Note these are almost certainly stats with crew even though it is not explicitly stated; as it is unlikely that (as we now know the Manticore has a camo value of 20.5 base), these have ~15% better concealment.

Just thought I should make that clear before the cheerleaders show up.

Some pix also here:

https://ritastatusreport.live/2019/07/10/lhmtv-gsr-3301-setter-tier-viii-vii-british-lts/#more-58322

Edited by CardinalMite, 11 July 2019 - 05:44 AM.

Ezz #87 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:49 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Nice pen, but again woeful dpm and pretty meh accuracy. Concerned what role wg thinks these will fit into given the maps they'll face. Hill poking will be fun in them tho.

Also, not only will they be food given their dpm if you can isolate them, but golly gosh are they going to be fun to ram. That tier 8 looks to weight less than 5t!

Edited by Ezz, 11 July 2019 - 09:44 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #88 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:37 PM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

More info with the real base camo stats from the in game comparison tool for the tier 8 and 7.

https://ritastatusreport.live/2019/07/10/lhmtv-gsr-3301-setter-tier-viii-vii-british-lts-part-ii/#more-58363

Basically the tier 8 is about 19.5 base camo and the tier 7 is about 17.15 base.

Profanisaurus #89 Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:12 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

I see from Twitter Circon has become aware of the stats. He seems to have the same views as those on here with a clue.

https://twitter.com/...1709475840?s=20

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

CardinalMite #90 Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:25 AM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Expect cheerleaders exclaiming everyone is wrong and that they need nerfing, because they are the besterest LTs and super, extremely OP along shortly. 

"MWGA - Make Wargaming Great Again!"

This puts a whole new meaning on the great wall map; upon which clearly these LTs will outshine all other tanks.

Profanisaurus #91 Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:34 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
US community folks are streaming test server on twitch if people want a look.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Ezz #92 Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:40 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

We probably don't need to keep getting the boot into hex, he wasn't the only one to misinterpret the camo values. Beyond that I believe Dez's click bait title says a lot... 'the worst line ever?'

What kinda bothers me is that underlying this is the fact that someone at wg thought this line might fit into the game. Are they really this clueless about what the upper tier meta on their maps is like? Also loved the wg spin 'guns with big alpha'. Big now means ordinary to poor it appears.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

HexHammer #93 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:06 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33637 battles

What happened to the 35% camo ffs, seems CNN is not the only fake news out there.

It will still be the best scout in the game, with all the benefits of a tiny tank that make the EVEN90 so strong. Nice gun, gun depression and mobility, I will definitely come back and grind this tank. Unless these new stats are also fake news, 

Ezz #94 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:09 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHexHammer, on 12 July 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

What happened to the 35% camo ffs, seems CNN is not the only fake news out there.

We did mention it once or twice... I guess the main take home for you is that it's best to make sure you have a full understanding of a topic before you start trying to dish out on others.

View PostHexHammer, on 12 July 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

It will still be the best scout in the game, with all the benefits of a tiny tank that make the EVEN90 so strong. Nice gun, gun depression and mobility, I will definitely come back and grind this tank. Unless these new stats are also fake news, 

You may be one of a fairly small number to be honest - so far i've not seen anyone who's driven the manticore rate it above woeful.

My view, if they want these things to be of use - go something along what RR suggests and turn it into something like the old ELC Bis line. Great alpha, small, good camo, but clunky at times.  So for tier 7 probably about 240 alpha, 360 at tier 8, 390 tier 9, 490 at tier 10. Then at least you have that punch. As is you get basically the same punch as everyone else, just you don't get to punch as often and you won't hit diddly unless you stand still while lining up your punch.

I'm not sure if i'll be more amused by 1v1ing them in an EBR or just driving over the top of them in pretty much anything.

Edited by Ezz, 12 July 2019 - 10:32 AM.

mttspiii #95 Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:03 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32643 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostHexHammer, on 12 July 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

Must've computed that with camonet or crew skills.

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy the Manticore despite its seemingly-poor initial stats. It's not going to be a popular tank nor would it be a staple in CW thanks to WG's balance department decisions, but at least it'd still find fans among Angloarmouphiles, tiny-tank connoisseurs, camo-crawler scouts, and WNEzz ram-farmers.

Edited by mttspiii, 12 July 2019 - 04:07 PM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

CardinalMite #96 Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:17 PM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHexHammer, on 12 July 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

It was pointed out to you more than once (plus the correct value was in the thread anyway before then) and you then argued that the 20.5 base camo value was wrong because "super test quoted stats were always without crew."

It isn't a nice gun. It isn't even more damage than a same tier autoloader LT.

Virtually any tank it actually meets will win unless a low roll one shot. It also cannot punish at range as much as an amx 13 105 or well... almost anything. 

Ezz #97 Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:44 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Qb the shill...

https://www.twitch.t...ge=7d&sort=time

CardinalMite #98 Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:46 AM

Captain

• 29983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

If they go in with these stats in the next patch, along with removing friendly fire, then this for me is WG officially doing their jump the shark moment.

Here's the thing...

In the past you could rely on WG doing things that maximise short term revenue. Hence all the OP premiums and balancing tier 10 grind targets as OP. We may not like it, we may point out how it hurts the game long term and how it will cause players to leave.... but you can understand it from the narrow PoV of making money in the short term.

But this does not even make sense for short term revenue. No one in their right mind (except some blindly self deluding nutters and maybe hard core tank collecting completionists) is going to bother grinding any of these. Why put yourself through horrible tiers of tanks to then achieve the worst tier 10 in the game?

It's  like they fired their balance department years ago, and replaced it with their marketing department and now they fired their marketing department too. Must be their flasher department I guess, because only they like solely hiding in bushes with nothing exciting to show.

Edited by CardinalMite, 13 July 2019 - 06:47 AM.

HexHammer #99 Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:15 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33637 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 12 July 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy the Manticore despite its seemingly-poor initial stats. It's not going to be a popular tank nor would it be a staple in CW thanks to WG's balance department decisions, but at least it'd still find fans among Angloarmouphiles, tiny-tank connoisseurs, camo-crawler scouts, and WNEzz ram-farmers.

I watched a French dude streaming last night while playing the Manticore.

It looks heaps larger than the EVEN90 and am not sure the size they gave us is accurate either. He played well enough in it, it is a good scout and the gun seems to hit wil decent regularity. The lack of shells was a problem and there were some games where he has to hold off firing at other tanks on the move, because he did not have enough rounds to risk it. Also the poor  gun elevation made certain positions awkward, and the rear mounted turret made the gun depression less effective.

But it is an excellent scout, the mobility is good, and the gun is effective.

The initial stats released had a 35% camo and tiny EVEN90 size, but these stats unfortunately were way off. A great scout, but cant see myself wanting to play it over the EBR or AMX 13 105. After seeing the final stats and watching it in action, I concede the tank needs a few buffs of some sort

Ezz #100 Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:09 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHexHammer, on 13 July 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

The initial stats released had a 35% camo and tiny EVEN90 size, but these stats unfortunately were way off.

We did mention that aspect a few pages ago you realise. As i noted then i suspect you were missing the objective discussion of the paper stats that had been presented. Easy to do i guess but you could have saved yourself become the brunt of much of this by just spending a bit more time reading what people are posting.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users