15-0 wins 0-15 losses since update

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

neokai #41 Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:40 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View PostPleaseDontPushMyTOG, on 14 July 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

Point in case (idiom) like me to explain it to you Ezz?

The correct expression is "case in point", which your statement is a reflection of - that of a gross misuse of the language. Also in an earlier post you confused usage of an uncountable noun for a case in which a countable noun would be more appropriate, i.e. lesser/fewer expression error.

And please use punctuation properly, that is supposed to be 2 sentences separated by a fullstop. Don't get lazy when you are on the internet pls.

View PostPleaseDontPushMyTOG, on 14 July 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

Account sharing/selling accounts would be against the ToS too ;)

Just to clarify the rules:

• Account sharing is allowed, within limits.
  • Account selling is against the ToS.

Edited by neokai, 16 July 2019 - 09:40 AM.

Spoiler

Profanisaurus #42 Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:48 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View Post_Sammich_, on 15 July 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

Nevermind, a least I don’t do zero damage in a Progetto when I’m top tier like you did today, so keep up the trash-talk big boy...

oh yeah, your past 7 days according to wotlabs:

71 battles

Avg tier: 3.79

Win rate: 43.66%

What's the world coming to when you talk yourself up after failing to club the AU bots. For shame.

Between Toggles and Mysty this thread has become a specials magnet.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Rocdocta #43 Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:36 AM

Sergeant

• 26805 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

View PostPleaseDontPushMyTOG, on 11 July 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

Do not, I repeat DO NOT worry about win rates.

If you want to be like the blue and purple players just play lower tiers like they do. That's all they do, they play low tiers stat pad their ways up to looking good then play tier 10 then can't hit shit. lol

Just have fun, WN8 really is a joke. Even me as bad as I am would murder most blues and purples. :)

This. Totally this. I ignore win rate. Its a game so have fun. Any rating mechanic can be easily abused ie just play low tiers in powerful tanks highly trained crews throwing gold ammo. Or just play the FOTM OP premium tank. For me, i play new lines in new tanks that are really bad. I have done all the IS7 etc ages ago so now i am in the 2nd and 3rd rate stuff. When you see players in lights hiding behind the arty and refusing to spot and them having higher WN8 than you well then why bother comparing yourself to them? 

It like people that defend using gold because they cant understand the idea of flanking or rushing an isolated opponent....but what do you mean i cant pen a super heavy from the front with my medium? i needz gold skillz.

Its a fun game, you get zero life benefits from playing it. Stop trying to nerd one up on others.

Rocdocta #44 Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:39 AM

Sergeant

• 26805 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

View PostDieselnuts, on 12 July 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

WN8 is mostly irrelevant, but win rate is not. It's the only stat that really means anything.

Nah it can and is easily be easily abused by farming low tiers or using only OP tanks. Win rate means nothing. Otherrwise if you only used the churchill gun carrier your win rate should remain the same i suppose. 

Profanisaurus #45 Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:58 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
I heard the whoosh from that one here, even though I am thousands of kilometers from the server.

Ezz #46 Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:35 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRocdocta, on 16 July 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

This. Totally this. I ignore win rate. Its a game so have fun.

The reality is that some people aren't content with mediocrity in games or in life. For those that strive to do well in things metrics such as win rate are critical. So while your advice is probably spot on for some - and there are plenty of them in game - for those that care about success, it's basically the opposite of what people should be looking at. Winning IS the fun for those people. And yes, just like as in real life, you'll hear plenty of excuses for people not doing well in tanks, but i guess that comes down to the individual. Some people view things as a challenge to get better. Others can't fathom that others might be better than them so find ways to justify their lack of performance.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Profanisaurus #47 Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:57 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
May a sea of upboats and thises be showered upon you Ezz

jumphonner #48 Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:56 PM

First lieutenant

• 55017 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostRocdocta, on 16 July 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

This. Totally this. I ignore win rate.

Seriously epic troll post. It should come with a trigger warning and a safe space.

Muted till 9 December 2019

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

As seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

Skrublord

NameWasStolenStresslevel #49 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:45 PM

Captain

• 41588 battles

View PostRocdocta, on 16 July 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

This. Totally this. I ignore win rate. Its a game so have fun. Any rating mechanic can be easily abused ie just play low tiers in powerful tanks highly trained crews throwing gold ammo. 

You can abuse only win ratio by doing that (padding low tiers). Anyone can simply look at your service record and see low damage per battle, low XP, low assist per battle that playing low tiers provided you. So its not so simply to abuse the rating mechanics. It depends only on whos looking at your service record and whats the interpretation they could have...

Non XVM users actually have the advantage of going in the service record and looking at your stats carefully. XVM users though might simply make a quick judgment... So many times I have seen deep purple unicums in my team but fortunaly my XVM also shows average tier played and honestly, an average tier 4-7 player unicum doesnt look scary to me lol. However as i said, one needs to be careful even with that, since he might have played lots of tier 1-5 but still be very good at high tiers although with low/lower battle counts. Needs to analize carefully.

Ezz got my + for explaining him about not creating excuses about low performance.

PS. and please, forgive me if this makes me looks like dumb, but could you ellaborate/explain to me what does "its a game so have fun" means?? Whats exactly having fun in WoT means???

1-Creating perfect situations for Claus videos?

2-Jumping out of the cliff to test crash physics??

3-Ramming allies?

4-Using general chat?

5-Winning?

6-Losing?

7-Long battles?

8-short battles??

9-Farming damage?

10-Farming kills?

11-Wot economics???

A combination of all? Is fun a paradox or is a paradox fun? For me fun is turning a 5-10 battle into a win.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 16 July 2019 - 07:31 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

mttspiii #50 Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:53 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 16 July 2019 - 06:45 PM, said:

PS. and please, forgive me if this makes me looks like dumb, but could you ellaborate/explain to me what does "its a game so have fun" means?? Whats exactly having fun in WoT means???

Ezz already elaborated on some reasons: some people simply play to win. They tend to split into 2 major groups: those who continually try to increase their skill in the game, and those who gave up and instead farm bots on the AUS server at 3AM.

Then there are other reasons this game is fun:

View PostEzz, on 16 July 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Some people view things as a challenge to get better. Others can't fathom that others might be better than them so find ways to justify their lack of performance.

And even more reasons:

- Other people might enjoy the mechanical joys of driving and/or shooting a tank, but not the map-reading and positional aspects of the game. They tend to get themselves in bad positions but as long as they shoot a lot (campers) or drive a lot (EBR's) they're happy. They tend to use Battle Count, DPG, hit rate, or km/battle traveled as a metric not because they seek to increase those metrics, but because they just happen to have good stats on those specific metrics secondary to their gameplay.

- Some people don't play to win, they play to whine. Once-active players who developed a vendetta against WG for ruining old-timey WoT. These players continually play the game to find new reasons why WG is killing WoT, then go to their forum of choice to rant about it. The best part about it: they don't enjoy the game actually, they just enjoy bashing WG. Their metric would be upvotes or likes (depending on the forum).

- Still others actually challenge themselves to drop their win rate and/or other metrics as much as possible out of spite of WG ruining WoT. Fun is being the most efficient griefer in-game as much as possible.

- Then there's arty, basically griefers given their own tank-shaped game mode. The closest they get to a metric is "tears", which is subjective.

- There's still those other players who actually see the tank battles as a chore; they play for the grind and that's all there is to it. Basically it's Cookie Clicker-ing through the tech trees, and measure their fun in the number of tier X'es acquired.

Those are the other "fun" things people do in the game as far as I can think of (and I know there's a lot more reasons to play the game without bothering to win). And while their gameplay can be given "metrics", they really don't care about those metrics, and no competitive player would seriously consider "# of X'es" or "hit rate" as a valid metric either.

Because believe it or not, there's more to the game than winning. Otherwise all the 46%ers wouldn't have such a high battle count in the first place, having long quit the game when they realize how rarely they win.

Edited by mttspiii, 17 July 2019 - 01:02 AM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #51 Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:00 AM

Major

• 43595 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

To be honest I bet a large number of bads don't even look.

The first several thousand battles I played I had no idea to look at WR%, though winning did matter to me. At the time, my highest tier tank were 6s and I'd played a lot of the ARL 44. I knew it wasn't the best tank and that it was tough to do decently in it, but only much later did I go back and look to see I'd had something like a horrible 44% WR in it.

If I'd have known what that metric meant, I'd have been horrified, but instead I just kept trucking along.

To this day I'm not entirely sure I wasn't better off ignorant (as in me personally being better off - my team... not so much, obviously). Tanks was certainly less stressful to play back then.

Edited by FramFramson, 17 July 2019 - 02:01 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

__Emerald__ #52 Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:03 PM

Corporal

• 21500 battles
  • [VPA] VPA
Anyone who said wn8 and wr doesn't matter is just shitter that is trying to convince themselves they are not suck but in reality they really are

Edited by __Emerald__, 17 July 2019 - 04:04 PM.

Am i super unicum now OwO?

Mystolin #53 Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:55 PM

Corporal

• 1777 battles

View PostProfanisaurus, on 16 July 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

What's the world coming to when you talk yourself up after failing to club the AU bots. For shame.

Between Toggles and Mysty this thread has become a specials magnet.

I really dont know what is your problem? Play like noob but talking so many and like a pro?

Because u are shit in game so u come here talking to ease yourself? Like a some kind of nerds who is bullied in school but talk like a hero on internet?

This game is World of Tanks, not World of Talking. ;-)

Edited by Mystolin, 17 July 2019 - 04:56 PM.

Profanisaurus #54 Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:14 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

The best bit is you have rerolled (deliberately or because of wargaming) and still can't pass 54% <chortle> and having watched you play it's no shock.

Now, show me on the reset account where the nasty person touched you...

Mystolin #55 Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:34 PM

Corporal

• 1777 battles

View PostProfanisaurus, on 17 July 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

The best bit is you have rerolled (deliberately or because of wargaming) and still can't pass 54% <chortle> and having watched you play it's no shock.

Now, show me on the reset account where the nasty person touched you...

I'm much better than some shit who didn't play but talking a lot of shit ;-). Look at ur rating and u know what is shit look like ;-).

You played ONE game in last 60 days and mainly play in low tiers ... lol... If u stop playing, what is the reason sitting around here? Kid, come to cry with ur mom ;_)

Edited by Mystolin, 17 July 2019 - 06:48 PM.

Profanisaurus #56 Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:48 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

...wow and what are the odds that I was in your game for that one time in 60 games?

Unlucky for you.

Based on your grasp of forum posting I bet you kill the objectives with 10 minutes to go in fronties. So much whoosh.

Mystolin #57 Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:59 PM

Corporal

• 1777 battles

View PostProfanisaurus, on 17 July 2019 - 06:48 PM, said:

...wow and what are the odds that I was in your game for that one time in 60 games?

Unlucky for you.

Based on your grasp of forum posting I bet you kill the objectives with 10 minutes to go in fronties. So much whoosh.

Hey, do u get that stupidity from born or from training? You keep chewing again and agian about a Single game with me and I never remember...

Please go to check ur stat and compare with my stat. In case u dont know how to do, go ask ur mom kid... ;-)

Edited by Mystolin, 17 July 2019 - 07:02 PM.

_Sammich_ #58 Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 34243 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMystolin, on 17 July 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

Hey, do u get that stupidity from born or from training? You keep chewing again and agian about a Single game with me and I never remember...

Please go to check ur stat and compare with my stat. In case u dont know how to do, go ask ur mom kid... ;-)

You know that he’s posting from an alt and his main has better stats than you right?

Stop making yourself look stupid

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Profanisaurus #59 Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:15 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

You are aware your pre-reroll stats are still all over the internet right?

You are fighting a battle you can't win. All you are doing is making yourself look stupid. I'd run along now if I was you, you're as out of your depth here as you are in game.

Mystolin #60 Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:26 PM

Corporal

• 1777 battles

View Post_Sammich_, on 17 July 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

You know that he’s posting from an alt and his main has better stats than you right?

Stop making yourself look stupid

Lol, maybe his main is more worse so he use alt

View PostProfanisaurus, on 17 July 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

You are aware your pre-reroll stats are still all over the internet right?

You are fighting a battle you can't win. All you are doing is making yourself look stupid. I'd run along now if I was you, you're as out of your depth here as you are in game.

Why are u so chewing again and again re-roll? B/c i better than u now? Lol

Edited by Mystolin, 17 July 2019 - 07:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users