Jump to content


15-0 wins 0-15 losses since update


  • Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

TrevorT #81 Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:30 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 0
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostRunsWithScissors, on 09 July 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

 

not sure how the rest of the player base is going, but 9 out of 10 matches/games for me is a 0-15 (4-15)  loss or 15-0 n (15-3)win. its taken all the fun out of this game

what did WG do in the last update to ruin this game

is this happening to anyone else?


Not sure why they make game play so unfair, till the point that you realize its a loosing team you are in, upon your first 3 shots or you get spotted and shot at while hiding behind a huge rock. Why this is so? You are probably a non paying player...



Profanisaurus #82 Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:11 AM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2017 battles
  • 4,459
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013
Tin-foil hats exist in Blitz as well?
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

S3mbr3ak3R #83 Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta-Tester
  • 26547 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostRunsWithScissors, on 09 July 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

 

not sure how the rest of the player base is going, but 9 out of 10 matches/games for me is a 0-15 (4-15)  loss or 15-0 n (15-3)win. its taken all the fun out of this game

what did WG do in the last update to ruin this game

is this happening to anyone else?

yes i sure do, you too played this game for a long time, When update 1.0 arrived, 60% of my games are loss the rest are good mostly pyrrhic victories i assumed. In my own opinion when WoT gets a major overhaul when update 1.0 is released all is crapped. Everytime I'm on a winning streak, MM will try to even it out with equal number of losses. Bad plays both myself and my teammates, ridicilously too much OP tanks per games, Arty stun, imbalanced maps, WG creating more corridor maps. Those are my thoughts why fun is always taking out for this game.


Edited by S3mbr3ak3R, 06 August 2019 - 07:56 PM.


DERP_DIGGLER #84 Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 13532 battles
  • 8
  • [-K-T-] -K-T-
  • Member since:
    05-15-2015

I have replays that show that the win chance at 32% which is happening more that not, these number are coming from War gaming's authorised mods. Having a 32% win chance before the countdown has even completed to start the match is absolutely shocking (this is toxic) and has nothing to do with a players skill, care or want about their performace as a player. This issue comes back to War Gaming's substanded under performing MM and balancer, this is the root cuase of this issue (and toxic behaviour). Putting the MM issue aside the balacing machanic needs the real work by doing this would be attempting to put trust back into the player base by showing that there is a system of fair game play  

 

and to suggest that a player is toxic due to not having a skill level that is not to the level of your liking,really grow up!!!!!!  


Edited by DERP_DIGGLER, 07 August 2019 - 04:14 PM.


Ezz #85 Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:13 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 69877 battles
  • 36,320
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
The MM has never balanced by skill, so it's not really an issue at that end. I suspect it's more an issue with people that assume 'random' means 50% every single battle.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


DERP_DIGGLER #86 Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:16 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 13532 battles
  • 8
  • [-K-T-] -K-T-
  • Member since:
    05-15-2015
Update 1.6 and nothing about the balancing issues 

DERP_DIGGLER #87 Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:32 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 13532 battles
  • 8
  • [-K-T-] -K-T-
  • Member since:
    05-15-2015

And there's the problem!! The MM does not use skill level l to balance the matches, I would have thought that random would mean that there would be random tanks within the match. But hey lets put and 32% team against 68% becuase that's going to work and end well. Do you dont think the team that has the 32% chance is going to get pissed off because they had no chace to start with. 

 

and just becuase something has been like it from the start ie, the MM not using a skiil based balacing machanic. Does not make it right!!!! The game needs to grow it's called evolution something that this game is lacking in the very basic building blocks 



Ezz #88 Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:04 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 69877 battles
  • 36,320
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
Why pander to bad players tho? Skill based MM primarily benefits those that struggle with being competitive. Players that have learned the game need to be rewarded for a competitive game to work. Otherwise you may as well bot.... oh wait... plenty already do.

Edited by Ezz, 07 August 2019 - 05:05 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


DERP_DIGGLER #89 Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:43 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 13532 battles
  • 8
  • [-K-T-] -K-T-
  • Member since:
    05-15-2015

Wow!!! it's about putting players at a simmilar skill level togther so you do play better Ezz! but clearly you sir are all about padding your stats as you have just stated above, and you want be rewarded by having lower skilled players to feed on and again pad your stats and play with your food. Ezz it's not about who is or not trying the hardest or who want to be the best at it, that has nothing to do with anyone other than youself. And that young man is a personal thing and I wish anyone the best of luck who are trying to do their best. But if you think that by playing against players that are of a lower skill or feeding on new players is a measure of skill .... Then you truly are under performing.

The anwser to your question why pander to bad players.. I those players that you call bad make Wargaming a considerable ammount of money they need that player base at the end of the day it much bigger than you or me and your account will ever be no matter how good your stats get and even if you left the game right now...... guess what WarGaming and World of Tanks will go on and tomorrow they will be Ezz! Ezz who?..... and I hope it does keep going, cause I truly like it

 


Edited by DERP_DIGGLER, 07 August 2019 - 07:27 PM.


luftkopf #90 Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:00 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 11825 battles
  • 60
  • [BROKE] BROKE
  • Member since:
    01-28-2017

Skill based MM might make sense if WoT had a much higher player population, but the moment you start complicating the MM much more than it already is, the smaller servers will stop finding battles at all, and the larger servers will have a lot longer queue times. There just aren't enough people playing.



Ezz #91 Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:46 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 69877 battles
  • 36,320
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostDERP_DIGGLER, on 07 August 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

Wow!!! 

Ok, so let's unpack this slowly....

 

View PostDERP_DIGGLER, on 07 August 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

it's about putting players at a simmilar skill level togther so you do play better Ezz! but clearly you sir are all about padding your stats as you have just stated above, and you want be rewarded by having lower skilled players to feed on and again pad your stats and play with your food. 

So because i feel a competitive game should reward players who better at the game it means i'm about padding my stats apparently. I'm not sure how you jumped to that conclusion, and as i said, it's a core aspect of any a competitive game. Not a personal preference.

 

View PostDERP_DIGGLER, on 07 August 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

 Ezz it's not about who is or not trying the hardest or who want to be the best at it, that has nothing to do with anyone other than youself. 

Kind of. Your performance is indeed your own. So just as i have learned the game and do well, and others have not, and do poorly, this is entirely down to the individual. The key however is that in a competitive context ability confers improved results.

 

View PostDERP_DIGGLER, on 07 August 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

But if you think that by playing against players that are of a lower skill or feeding on new players is a measure of skill ....

Of course it's a measure of skill. By your own words it is - one player has higher skill while another has lower skill. What else do you want as a measure of skill?

 

View PostDERP_DIGGLER, on 07 August 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

The anwser to your question why pander to bad players.. 

And how's that going for them... Played much pubs lately?

 

View PostDERP_DIGGLER, on 07 August 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

guess what WarGaming and World of Tanks will go on and tomorrow they will be Ezz!

While it's most certainly got a bit of time left at this stage, you do realise WoT has been bleeding players globally for some time now right?

 

View PostDERP_DIGGLER, on 07 August 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

and I hope it does keep going, cause I truly like it

Absolutely with you. Hence my concern when WG continually implements things to dumb down the game and move it even further away from a competitive game and into more of a cash machine.

 

 


Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


DERP_DIGGLER #92 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:13 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 13532 battles
  • 8
  • [-K-T-] -K-T-
  • Member since:
    05-15-2015

 

wow you dont like being called out do you so I am guessing you like to think your the king of your pub quote unquote 

 


Edited by DERP_DIGGLER, 07 August 2019 - 08:14 PM.


DERP_DIGGLER #93 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:16 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 13532 battles
  • 8
  • [-K-T-] -K-T-
  • Member since:
    05-15-2015
and you clearly don't get what my point, anyway Good luck Sir 

Ezz #94 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:19 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 69877 battles
  • 36,320
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostDERP_DIGGLER, on 07 August 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

wow you dont like being called out do you so I am guessing you like to think your the king of your pub quote unquote 

To be honest it kinda makes me all gooey. Like when a pubbie accuses me of hax or something. So not sure why i wouldn't like being called out. It's not like you've made any particularly incisive points. Mostly just 'a good player must be a stat padder' level of stuff, which is as amusing as it is repetitive. Believe me, you aren't the first who came to the conclusion that anyone with decent stats must be padding them. Many people don't like acknowledging that they aren't that good at the game so make excuses. And that's just one of them. Quote unquote.


Edited by Ezz, 07 August 2019 - 08:20 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


K4BeeTee #95 Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 11341 battles
  • 32
  • [REIGN] REIGN
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016
The real driver behind the toxic behaviour is the ingame availability of stats and rubbish like XVM. Without it, youd have a lot more fun.

There's value in the saying "ignorance is bliss"

mttspiii #96 Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:58 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 32348 battles
  • 17,082
  • [PVP] PVP
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostDERP_DIGGLER, on 07 August 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

And there's the problem!! The MM does not use skill level l to balance the matches, I would have thought that random would mean that there would be random tanks within the match. But hey lets put and 32% team against 68% becuase that's going to work and end well. Do you dont think the team that has the 32% chance is going to get pissed off because they had no chace to start with. 

 

and just becuase something has been like it from the start ie, the MM not using a skiil based balacing machanic. Does not make it right!!!! The game needs to grow it's called evolution something that this game is lacking in the very basic building blocks 

 

You believe in XVM?

 

It works...in other servers. In ASIA the stats were farmed from different servers (VN, KOR), and accounts have been bought and sold and rebought and resold again that the only thing to look out for are unicum and deep reds; everything in between is a tossup.


I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


AlexTheKid72 #97 Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:35 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24640 battles
  • 146
  • [SABRE] SABRE
  • Member since:
    05-28-2017

And we are back to the All Black's not playing 3rd grade high school teams.

Tiger Woods never played against muppets in the PGA.

 

NBA does not include wheel chair olympians.

A random matchmaker does not need a patented algorithm.

etc ......

 

Number of games played per hour/day/week is an important metric for a gaming company. Remember this.


Edited by AlexTheKid72, 08 August 2019 - 12:39 AM.


AlexTheKid72 #98 Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:37 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24640 battles
  • 146
  • [SABRE] SABRE
  • Member since:
    05-28-2017

View PostK4BeeTee, on 07 August 2019 - 11:25 PM, said:

The real driver behind the toxic behaviour is the ingame availability of stats and rubbish like XVM. Without it, youd have a lot more fun.

There's value in the saying "ignorance is bliss"

It is hard to ignore no game win or lose having more than 6 kills on losing side in 30 games .... I will keep a log so stat pool is larger.



Profanisaurus #99 Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:01 AM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2017 battles
  • 4,459
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013
Most of my games last night were close ones, 15-10 being an anomaly and that is despite having lots of SABRE players on my team.

Admittedly not many of them were wins but they weren't walk overs.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

spacewolf #100 Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:55 AM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 74174 battles
  • 2,909
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

It's been a while since we had a good Skilled MM rant.

 

Derp_Diggler, whats'your opinion on arty, on RNG, and on tier 6 clan wars?


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users