Campaign on Australia Server should be closed !

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Lee_Shawran #1 Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:11 PM

The Marshal of missions

• 63243 battles
  • [NHOPE] NHOPE

I want to ask WG Asia to close campaign on Australia server. Reason ?

+ Most of player who always play on Hongkong have high ping in Australia, they barely can farm fame point in that server.

+ And those who play on Australia can play both server have more timezone to farm fame point.

I suggest that you should reopen two seperated fronts with independent leaderboards: the East front (early timezone - Australia server) and the West front (late timezone - Hongkong server). It will give balance for both servers and both timezones

"I'm a simple man, when I see a free premium tank, I grind, I take it"

CelestiaLudenberg #2 Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:50 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 24436 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostLee_Shawran, on 13 July 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

+ Most of player who always play on Hongkong have high ping in Australia, they barely can farm fame point in that server.

+ And those who play on Australia can play both server have more timezone to farm fame point.

I suggest that you should reopen two seperated fronts with independent leaderboards: the East front (early timezone - Australia server) and the West front (late timezone - Hongkong server). It will give balance for both servers and both timezones

Actually HK players have better ability to farm points, they can play early tz and late tz, while ANZ players can really only do early tz. 

I'm in NZ, so CW starts at 8pm and ends at around 4:30am, so tell me how I am able to play/farm more than those who start at 4pm and end at midnight.

Majority of CW is already on HK, where ANZ players have shit ping, if we have to deal with it, you should too.

When you show her all 96kw from your mighty 20E

Lee_Shawran #3 Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:07 PM

The Marshal of missions

• 63243 battles
  • [NHOPE] NHOPE

View PostCelestiaLudenberg, on 13 July 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

Actually HK players have better ability to farm points, they can play early tz and late tz, while ANZ players can really only do early tz. 

I'm in NZ, so CW starts at 8pm and ends at around 4:30am, so tell me how I am able to play/farm more than those who start at 4pm and end at midnight.

Majority of CW is already on HK, where ANZ players have shit ping, if we have to deal with it, you should too.

really ? my movement is delayed by 1.2s, when I shoot, unless you move, it will hit, otherwise, miss miss miss and miss

CelestiaLudenberg #4 Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:28 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 24436 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

Sounds more like an ISP issue than anything else, our JP, KR and CN teams usually never have more than 200ms.

For reference I get around 220ms to HK.

Napalmer #5 Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:59 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 51768 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

Lee, I know you're from VN and we have plenty of VN players who have no issue on ANZ server. Potentially consider getting something like Mudfish if it's that bad.

ANZ doesn't have the population to sustain its own leaderboard.

Campaign regularly goes until 2AM for me in Sydney, which would be 4AM for NZ players, like Celestia.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #6 Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:29 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 81910 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Works both ways... CW starts when some of us are 4 hours away from knock-off time

At least you can control when u sleep and I usually sleep at 1am anyway

Easier way to rationalize is to consider each of us only has a few hours of playtime a day and as long as the CW timeframe covers the whole situation, it's a-ok. Some players may have more duration than others, but that's the advantage they have in real life. Like some people don't have to work for example.

If you really want to make it fair, limit the number of battles that can be done a day to 2 or 3. But I know this idea or its derivatives would not be supported because people don't want things to be fair, they want things to be made easier for them based on their limitations while unobtainable for people who are less abled, and hence would not agree on what is a fair number of battles.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 13 July 2019 - 07:37 PM.

"oNlY tOxIc PlAyErS bLaMe ThE tEaM fOr LoSiNg"

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

Fendalton #7 Posted 13 July 2019 - 08:06 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11401 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK
Good to see the same old issues. 

Holeinthehead #8 Posted 13 July 2019 - 08:24 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 58883 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostLee_Shawran, on 13 July 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

No .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

HoPeY_ #9 Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:27 AM

Major

• 104491 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX

View PostCelestiaLudenberg, on 13 July 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'm in ANZ area and happy to do both time zones.

CelestiaLudenberg #10 Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:27 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 24436 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostHoPeY_, on 14 July 2019 - 05:27 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to do both as well, I would be so active if I wasn't, it's just that we ANZ players get less of 'our own' tz games as it is, let alone if they were to make them all HK.

ANZ games typically only go for 3 hours unless landing tournaments, whereas HK games go for 5-6 hours.

Centurion_MK64 #11 Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:53 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 32214 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Moved to a more appropriate forum

~Centurion_IRL

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

Centurion_MK64 #12 Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:01 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 32214 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostLee_Shawran, on 13 July 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

so what you are saying is that high ping impacts gameplay and to make it fair restrict available time zones for the only server that gives lower ping to AU & NZ players?

Its funny how players, when we only had the SG server, argued that ping had no impact on game play and told all the AU & NZ players who had to play with high ping on the SG server to get good?

Your suggestion is flawed and isnt based on anything other than "why do I have to play with high ping". There are a lot of clans that arent based in AU or NZ that come over and play the early time zones, and on the other side there are clans that are based in AU and NZ that, by your own admission, then go over and farm fame points on the HK server. Maybe they are just better and can adjust to the different ping rates.

Edited by Centurion_IRL, 14 July 2019 - 09:09 AM.

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

IMC_Jimmy #13 Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:10 AM

Hold my beer, I've got this!

• 21501 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostHoPeY_, on 14 July 2019 - 02:57 AM, said:

Bit of difference being from Western Australia than NZ Hopey, there is a touch of time difference

www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest #Tier 4 Clan Wars Plz

Lee_Shawran #14 Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

The Marshal of missions

• 63243 battles
  • [NHOPE] NHOPE

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 14 July 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

so what you are saying is that high ping impacts gameplay and to make it fair restrict available time zones for the only server that gives lower ping to AU & NZ players?

Its funny how players, when we only had the SG server, argued that ping had no impact on game play and told all the AU & NZ players who had to play with high ping on the SG server to get good?

Your suggestion is flawed and isnt based on anything other than "why do I have to play with high ping". There are a lot of clans that arent based in AU or NZ that come over and play the early time zones, and on the other side there are clans that are based in AU and NZ that, by your own admission, then go over and farm fame points on the HK server. Maybe they are just better and can adjust to the different ping rates.

That's why I changed my original suggestion and turn it to seperate two fronts with two leaderboards, you're in early tz, playing on aus server, get in early leaderboard, then if you can play in late tz, just play and get in late leaderboard but the points from two leaderboard are seperated. Because you said that there are a lot of aus and nz clan, early tz would be your playground at all. WG used to use that format and I think it worked well

P.S: If you can, can you change my subject to "Seperate two front for campaign"

Edited by Lee_Shawran, 14 July 2019 - 12:36 PM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #15 Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:46 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 81910 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Am I the only one here who wouldn't even start a game in the first place if the ping is over 100?

"oNlY tOxIc PlAyErS bLaMe ThE tEaM fOr LoSiNg"

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

HoPeY_ #16 Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:59 PM

Major

• 104491 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 14 July 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Am I the only one here who wouldn't even start a game in the first place if the ping is over 100?

Probably. I'm use to 160.

Mothballed #17 Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:33 PM

Corporal

• 15602 battles
  • [7ACAV] 7ACAV

View PostLee_Shawran, on 13 July 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

Errr Yeah Nah!

OmeiWamouShindeiru #18 Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:36 PM

Private

• 8557 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostLee_Shawran, on 14 July 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

That's why I changed my original suggestion and turn it to seperate two fronts with two leaderboards, you're in early tz, playing on aus server, get in early leaderboard, then if you can play in late tz, just play and get in late leaderboard but the points from two leaderboard are seperated. Because you said that there are a lot of aus and nz clan, early tz would be your playground at all. WG used to use that format and I think it worked well

View PostNapalmer, on 13 July 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

ANZ doesn't have the population to sustain its own leaderboard.

FadingNeptune #19 Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:24 AM

Always blame Hema!

• 32906 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostLee_Shawran, on 14 July 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

So your idea/solution is to dilute the competition even more? How about we don’t do bad things like this?

if you’re having bad latency  either contact your isp or invest a little money into mud fish like how a lot of ANZ players do for Games on HK

Spoiler

RainbowAssassin #20 Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:26 AM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 40741 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 14 July 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Yes, 200 ping is perfectly fine. Its not a FPS... its a tank game lol.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Object 907, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A, T110E4, E100, TVP T 50/51, OBJ. 260, T110E3, STB-1, FV4005 Stage II, T95/FV4201, M48A5 Patton, E 50 Ausf. M, 113, Strv 103B, Obj. 268 4, AMX 13 105, Panhard EBR 105, Foch 155

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users