• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Saffelicious #21 Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:22 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37884 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostRainbowAssassin, on 16 July 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

There has always been top tier tanks, now theres just a new one, and its top tier ability is to deflect everything from the front if put on a semi decent angle.

Agreed,

I just hate how the meta is shifting completely. 

I rather have 15 260s clown fiesta brawls then tanks where its pure rng if you pen or not. 

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

RainbowAssassin #22 Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:23 PM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 40741 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostSaffelicious, on 16 July 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

Agreed,

I just hate how the meta is shifting completely. 

I rather have 15 260s clown fiesta brawls then tanks where its pure rng if you pen or not. 

True that.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Object 907, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A, T110E4, E100, TVP T 50/51, OBJ. 260, T110E3, STB-1, FV4005 Stage II, T95/FV4201, M48A5 Patton, E 50 Ausf. M, 113, Strv 103B, Obj. 268 4, AMX 13 105, Panhard EBR 105, Foch 155

mttspiii #23 Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:32 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33795 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

279e's?

WG can always undo the Type 5 rebalances of course :trollface:

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

CelestiaLudenberg #24 Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:01 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 24436 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

Last season people complained about us so WG changed the CW rules and made even less people play due to a poorly thought out reward/income system, I doubt complaining about us again is going to make it any better.

Thing is, regardless of whether the top clans dominate by as big a margin or not, you still have the same amount of said clans, which makes no change in leaderboard positions.

Whether they are winning by 10m points or 10k points, they still occupy the same amount of positions. Where smaller clans should be focusing isn't on taking down the top clans, it should be on how to beat those above them to get closer to the top clans. 

It's the same mentality as going through the different tiers, trying to rush straight to the top doesn't work, you end up getting rolled, you have to deal with what is right in front of you first, and make your way up.

If you placed, say, 25th in the clan ranking, don't focus on the top 3 clans, look at those in 20-24 and get ahead of them first etc.

The focus should be more on the CW mechanics themselves rather than the top clans/players.

Edited by CelestiaLudenberg, 17 July 2019 - 08:10 AM.

When you show her all 96kw from your mighty 20E

All_Deaths_Matter #25 Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:40 AM

Sergeant

• 50222 battles
  • [SUPER] SUPER

Event of Whiners lol. The top clans are where they are due to skill and constant work.

As the man says, there is no point crying about what you cannot compete with.
You can improve, or you can compete at your own level.  You can't expect to be in a top clan if you won't spend the time and/or money.

As for the new meta : Well the 279(e) is clearly far too OP. If it can't be penned with gold it shouldn't be in the event.
My opinion on the wheelies is that we should learn to adapt.
It's good that WG are introducing new elements, so I suggest that people practice hitting them effectively instead of whining that they don't have the aptitude.

All in all I want to thank all the hard work of WG for putting this event on. My clan had a really good time, and you won't find us crying about anything really as we are grateful to be doing fairly well at a top level event, while not paying for anything and endeavoring to continue improving at our own pace. 

Vindictus_Maximus #26 Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:19 AM

Sergeant

• 9404 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

The problem with these special events is that they usually kill off clans and lose players.

View Postdeath_by_equilibrium2018, on 17 July 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Event of Whiners lol. The top clans are where they are due to skill and constant work.

This is true, but the multipliers are unhealthy for everyone below the top clans.

In the clans that are not at the top, the chances of getting a reward tanks is very small. In the first few days most players find they are doing OK in the rankings, until the multipliers kick in. Then each day they find they are sliding out of the leaderboard more and more because the multipliers start artificially boosting the less active players in the top clans.

Then the clans start to prioritise games for those that have a chance of getting a reward tank, which makes all the other players salty, and then they stop playing. Then the clans start having trouble fielding a team. Then the rest slide out of the leaderboard. Then they give up. And they don't bother participating in future events

So many clans die after these events. And so many players leave because they realise there is no longer any feasable end game content for them. Then there is less and less clans, less and less players, and it starts hitting rock bottom where even the players in the top clans stop enjoying them.

Not sure about here but on NA, it was always the same guy doing the same thing with no change. Plenty of great ideas were introduced by members and none ever acted on. So people gave up starting suggestion threads, Then stopped even posting about clan wars at all. No clan rivalry. The small casual clans that really digged tier6 clan wars became zombie clans. Which was a shame because it was down there where you found the most enthusiasm and activity. And they were the type that actually spent money on the game rather than these top clan players no longer needed to spend a cent

So those little tier6 clans all died and all those players left, then the forums started to die because of it, because all that was left were jaded old players who no longer particularly enjoyed the game, no longer played clan wars, and seemingly were hell bent denying the new players the same fun they had when they first started playing. And those that made the decisions seemed to favor the opionions of the burnt out bitter vets and F2P unicums,

Really to create a great clan wars culture, you need someone who is passionate about it, not just someone who is doing it because that's their job.

Ezz #27 Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:00 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Ah yes, all those tier 6 clans that spent money on the game... Except when it was at tier 8 because that was too hard and crombie yolos didn't work any more. Damn shame we lost those.

Edited by Ezz, 19 July 2019 - 12:02 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Rovert34 #28 Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:04 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 13273 battles
  • [-VAM-] -VAM-

My feedback looks petty compared to what I have been reading, but I guess it won’t change unless it is brought up. We had fun jumping out of our Tier 8 comfort zone and playing with the big boys and ladies and we stayed on the basic map.

Rotating LZ provinces is great, but when some nights you are stuck with 1 x o’clock province and 3-4 +15min provinces (and vice versa), there becomes no variety in offsetting chips. During CW season when LZs changed there was always a couple of each.

I’m also going to give my thoughts on the leader board and domination of few clans, even though my clan doesn’t impact this at a Tier 10 level. I feel this isn’t so much a WG issue, except as already stated matching Clan sizes to server population and capping reward tanks per clan (not sure how that would work), but a player mindset problem. This is just an observation from a player outside of a Tier 10 clan, but it seems like players want to run to something already made for them and not create another competitive clan (I know that Teal and Yeti have that core group that have done the hard yards to build their clans to where they are now). I noticed a few competitive clans were missing from the leader board. Where did they move to? Why didn’t they stay to build those already competitive clans?

Tear my comments apart, but I’ve been asking myself these questions while watching top clans come and go and where those players end up and wanted to see what the elite players think.

Vindictus_Maximus #29 Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:28 PM

Sergeant

• 9404 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View PostEzz, on 19 July 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

Ah yes, all those tier 6 clans that spent money on the game... Except when it was at tier 8 because that was too hard and crombie yolos didn't work any more. Damn shame we lost those.

I was just easier to pull together a 7 player team. And there were so many clans competing - easily more than the other tiers - that you had heaps of varied competition. It might not have been great quality, but it was fun. Also, it was easier to actually form your own new clan, it did not matter if you had lots of noobs in your clan, because there were plenty in the other clans too.

Now though, how could you possibly form a social clan with any success? Tier6 Skirmishes died as soon as they killed the clans, and that is your only competitive option. And Skirmishes are just plain unsatisfying anyway, no way you will keep guys interested with that mode. You need a proper competition. So under the current system there is virtually no chance for a revival. All you will get is a cannibalizing of existing players/clans until it shrinks to death

I understand why they tried it, they wanted to incentivise guys to play higher tiers. But it did not work. Instead of success, all that happened was the clans died and with the social fabric shredded, the players all drifted away. So many of those guys were good mates, loved getting together in their CrommieBs or even TOG strats, and they killed it and ruined everyone's fun.

Ezz #30 Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

So like tournaments basically. Why would wg be happy with regular teams of 7 as their entry point to clan wars? Especially at a low entry requirement tier where they hadn't put the p2w squeeze on anywhere near as strongly as they had at tier 8.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Vindictus_Maximus #31 Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:57 PM

Sergeant

• 9404 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

The problem with tournaments is that it is elimination, and is all over in one night with no leaderboard. That is not enough to get a clan thing going.  Wargaming would be better off if they get more people into clans and clanwars anyway, it gets people logging in regularly, right now there is no scope to start a fresh clan (that serves an real purpose), especially for newbie.

Not all of us are good enough to stat pad our way into DADDY clan

U12D13 #32 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:46 AM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 44603 battles
  • [TRAPS] TRAPS
Main gripe about CWs:
Extremely difficult to field constant teams of 15v15 and barely keeping afloat with 10v10s for most clans. Which makes matters worse because the points that matters only comes in at 15v15 fronts. Being stuck in basic front due to the limitation of fielding players is ehhh...

Suggest:
Keep the 3 fronts, but make them seperate (ie not progressing through the fronts but rather, making it different levels of competition for varying rewards) :
-Basic entry front for casual/new clans. Keep it at 7v7 format. Rewards can range from personal reserves, past cw camo paints, the usual selection offered, but no reward tanks or bonds.
-Mid front for semi-competitive clans. 10v10. Retain current selection range, but no tier X reward tank. Reintroduce Tier 8 CW reward tanks as a feasible option.
-Veteran front for the truly CW oriented clans. 15v15 old school format. Full reward selection here with the Tier X reward tanks.
Additional parameters to ensure fairness:
-Clans can only fight on one front for the campaign. Changing fronts will forfeit any FP on previous front for player and clan alike.
-Bidding for tank can still be a feature, but limited to the front you play on. (Ie, if mid front, can bid only for tier 8 reward pool, Veteran front can do only Tier X pool bids)

Feedback on this season:
1. There was compensation made to clan FP for server complications and increase in reward tank pool, however the personal FP was not adjusted. Considering that most players wont be affected by the clan nor tank increase, shouldn't the personal FP be adjusted as well so they can afford to claim more rewards since the opportunity was lost due to the missed games?
2. Why were camo paints removed as a reward from the FP store? Not everyone appreciates uncustomizable styles and would much rather have paints instead. Would look forward to having old CW paints reintroduced as well (apart from the digi paints).
3. Seriously bond auctions need a "risk" factor, such as "Cost of a bid is 10% of total bid, if the bid were to be unsuccessful" to limit the bid spam. Currently there is no system to prevent anyone from spamming all their bonds into the auction for the reward as there simply is no penalty. Add to this the premium account missions of 25 bonds/ day (which imo is not a reward for skill or dedication but outright pay-to-bid/ buy-your-own-cw-reward-tank) and you have a real problem of people paying their way for bonds and via auction, a CW reward tank for minimal effort.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [TRAPS] family! Weekly Advances and CWs~ Now recruiting!

AlexTheKid72 #33 Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:50 AM

Sergeant

• 28143 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View Postdeath_by_equilibrium2018, on 17 July 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

As the man says, there is no point crying about what you cannot compete with.
You can improve, or you can compete at your own level.  You can't expect to be in a top clan if you won't spend the time and/or money.

As for the new meta : Well the 279(e) is clearly far too OP. If it can't be penned with gold it shouldn't be in the event.
My opinion on the wheelies is that we should learn to adapt.
It's good that WG are introducing new elements, so I suggest that people practice hitting them effectively instead of whining that they don't have the aptitude.

All in all I want to thank all the hard work of WG for putting this event on. My clan had a really good time, and you won't find us crying about anything really as we are grateful to be doing fairly well at a top level event, while not paying for anything and endeavoring to continue improving at our own pace. 

Dont forget the free 4k clan points you got from "winning" every match during downtime. I wonder if you are able to put the shoe on the other foot - you'd be complaining if your clan did not get the boost but others did I am sure .......

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 20 July 2019 - 06:51 AM.

signature.png

Twit_ #34 Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:18 AM

69 Recognized

• 19671 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 20 July 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

Dont forget the free 4k clan points you got from "winning" every match during downtime. I wonder if you are able to put the shoe on the other foot - you'd be complaining if your clan did not get the boost but others did I am sure .......

If you bothered to read the announcement no clans were given free fame points. They were reimbursed the lost points spent on bids when the server went down. 

Block Quote

Due to the server interruption on July 11th, many players/clans who participated in the Fire Trail event were severely affected.
We will fully reimburse the Fame Points spent/lost on bets by clans due to the incident.

It's not SUPER's fault they care about their clan members enough to bid large amounts of fame for advanced front games.

The mindset you need to improve

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVEN WHEN YOU OF IN THE COLD FOOD OF OUT HOT EAT THE FOOD 

All_Deaths_Matter #35 Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:43 AM

Sergeant

• 50222 battles
  • [SUPER] SUPER

Sigh, now I have to respond again. Managed to avoid the flame wars and petulant sore-losership here for such a long time until last week. But if one has to do it, one may as well enjoy it.

Seems we have discovered yet another of Hopey's alt accounts lol. That's 4 so far. That kid is truly butt-hurt that I educated him about his delusions and this is so much fun that I do hope he keeps it up. Also, I apologize to everyone else that has to keep reading the whiny nonsense, but I guess that as long as we exist, he now must hate us, me in particular for "giving him his medicine" as one good friend so eloquently put it - but aren't one-dimensional people sooo predictable?

It's like having my own wind-up toy that gets irate totally on my command! Love it!

What worries me is that we respect his clan, but he, and his minions, seem to be trying to do everything to make them look bad and I wish he/they would stop. Having been contacted by the adults there, I now know that he is not speaking for them so everyone please don't take this as any kind of slight or even about SABRE in any way whatsoever. In my clan we are loving it, but on a wider scale it highlights a bigger problem.

So, since they are absolutely fixated on us I guess I should post a few more urgent points that have come to light due to what we are calling "The Hopey Meltdown Incident".  I will do so in an upcoming post though, as I am confused about where it really should go.

Also, I want to repeat that this event has helped me get better contact with a few real humans, and that we respect all the clans and enjoy the friendly rivalry. Personally I enjoy it when the really hateful and immature man-babies and minions implode in public too, but I will try my best not to wind too hard.

Ezz #36 Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:39 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I doubt Alex is an alt fwiw. Suspect more someone who hadn't read the announcement and instead relied on others to relay the pertinent information.

All_Deaths_Matter #37 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:50 PM

Sergeant

• 50222 battles
  • [SUPER] SUPER

I felt the need to qualify my alt account comment earlier. 

Apologies to all the clans I have mentioned. 
Sorry to go on a rant but I think this is quite a serious issue.
Respect especially to SABRE, I am sure that their leaders are completely unaware of anything untoward going on.

http://forum.worldof...owing-incident/

HoPeY_ #38 Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:07 PM

Major

• 104491 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX

View PostTwit_, on 20 July 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

If you bothered to read the announcement no clans were given free fame points. They were reimbursed the lost points spent on bids when the server went down. 

Check your log. Seems any involved got 4K. Good for some clans that normally are bottom dwellers, not so good for the big clans.

Block Quote

It's not SUPER's fault they care about their clan members enough to bid large amounts of fame for advanced front games.

Well apparently they didn't care about their members as they never bid on the advanced front. Check your facts before responding.

Edited by HoPeY_, 20 July 2019 - 09:47 PM.

All_Deaths_Matter #39 Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:11 PM

Sergeant

• 50222 battles
  • [SUPER] SUPER
Don't you just pity him? :-)

HoPeY_ #40 Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:36 PM

Major

• 104491 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX
Stick to clan wars issues, not personal attacks.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users