WG will not restore sold premium tanks

premium tanks wg unfair

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Thanatos_Erebus #1 Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

Corporal

• 24825 battles
I think that is highly unfair and I will have to check on the legality of it. When I transferred over from the NA server (Staying was not viable due to the server being relocated to chicago/merged), I was never told that I would lose access to items I had already bought with real world legal currency, The tank was sold with the understanding that I would be able to restore it in a later date. I was never told prior to transferring to the ASIA server that my existing account would in fact be legally a different entity. This is not legally acceptable as the condition of a near forced server transfer is that the account stays in tact as is/ as it was prior to the transfer the only change is that the account is "transferred/migrated" to another location, So having items which were legally purchased by the account in the prior server should and is still legally part of the same account in the new server.

Is this just an attempt of WG to force people to re-purchase/double pay for an item.

I understand some people will say I should never have sold the tank, however WG has the policy/service of premium tank restoration.

They say that they have no record/history of my account having battles in the T-54 mod. 1, yet a simple look at my service record would show I have had 467 battles in the said tank, They also say they can only restore tanks purchased on the Asia Server, however this is unfair and legally not sound as no specific upfront information was laid out prior to transferring to warn players of this unfair forfeiture prior to transferring/migrating.

Ezz #2 Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:58 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69166 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Sounds like a shitty situation but doesn't your 'legal' agreement change each time you sign a new Eula? Regardless see how you go with it.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Napalmer #3 Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:09 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 48186 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
You can't just restore the tank with the feature in the client? :mellow:

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

stewiejp #4 Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:00 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44462 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Guessing the Asia client cannot see the NA battle history of said tank. Ie the tank was only played on NA so isn't in the new account's service history.
Whilst I am no expert on returning of sold premium tanks, I do know some tanks can only be returned within 72 hours under the system.

Assuming the T54 mod 1 does not fall under the 72 hour rule then explaining this in the CS ticket should be a simple solution. Failing this i would be speaking with the Community Managers who have helped in the past with NA transfer hiccups.

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

Thanatos_Erebus #5 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:30 PM

Corporal

• 24825 battles

I have explained the situation to them by Ticket, and they have refused, they are amendment that their policy is only tanks bought on the Asia server can be restored and sent me a link apparently explaining this, yet the information given in the link does not mention ANYTHING about only restoring tanks bought on the Asia server. So they are basing their decision on a policy that is not even written on their own restoration terms and conditions...

This is the link they attached to their response apparently it states only tanks bought on the asia server, yet nothing in the link actually states that.

https://asia.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/21728/

wasaabi #6 Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:25 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22441 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Well that link includes the following text:

• The tank/ship sold must not be older than 365 days of the date when ticket was submittedmust also be sold off in your Asia account.

•  

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Thanatos_Erebus #7 Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:40 PM

Corporal

• 24825 battles
However their explanation was the policy is tanks "Purchased" on the Asia Server, the issue is the link does NOT state that, yes it says SOLD on the asia server however, the specific reason given by WG was it was not purchased on the Asia server.

wasaabi #8 Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:52 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22441 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

So you are still not compliant with their policy because you sold it while still on NA but complaining that they didn’t say you also had to buy it on Asia as well?  

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

adrian_iron #9 Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:53 PM

Sergeant

• 29873 battles
  • [O-T-D] O-T-D
also the thing here is you sold it for some sort of currency in game so you are not out of pocket per say regardless of where it was sold so unfortunately by making the commitment to sell it at angreeded value means you have been compensated by way of credits in game which would have been transferable between servers " so it is likely you have no grounds to do anything about it' is a sorry situation  but it is what it is  

The problem is not in the problem' The problem is your Attitude towards the problem'

Also tagged with premium tanks, wg, unfair

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users