Strange Clan Applications Following Incident

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

death_by_equilibrium2018 #1 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:47 PM

Sergeant

• 47293 battles
  • [SUPER] SUPER

I generally don't post on this forum unless I have an important matter to discuss or issue to address. I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section or if I have broken any guidelines or anything. 

Also, while this appears to be about a certain clan, I must insist that it is not, it is simply that one (or possibly more than one) of their players happens to have become obsessed with me personally, and my clan, who honestly want no part of any childish tantrums in public.

I repeat for clarity that we respect all the other clans and enjoy the fun rivalry immensely. We don't try to put anyone down, in public or otherwise, and it's a shame that certain people take their own personal issues too far and have to show everyone their true selves so publicly and spectacularly.

The other day, due to fallacious insults being flung needlessly at my clan due to ignorance and lack of mature emotional control, I was forced to engage in a drawn out and messy war of words with a certain individual. Following the said incident, I was very happy to move on, and forget about it. It's ancient history already and water under the bridge. It was concluded rationally by some adults who helped to end it on their side, for which I was grateful and assumed it would be over.

WG have cracked down on cheating in CW recently, with some accounts even being permanently banned. In my clan, we endorse and obey the CW rules very strictly, so much so that the mere mention of having an alt account can get someone immediately excluded, and I keep a list of people who mention having alt accounts, or such things as letting their friends use their account and so on. I am often in contact with other clan leaders to inform them of any suspicions I have and also to keep my own clan safe from such cheaters, and the fallout they can create which harms all of us who simply want a fair game with a level playing field. 

Being fully aware of how irrational the emotionally immature and unstable can be, I take it very seriously to observe and check any and all applicants and invitees very carefully, especially during CW time or after any kind of incident where people get angry/jealous/petulant or filled with rage about myself or my clan. 

To the point finally, then.
After said incident, applications to my clan spiked inexplicably, and due to my own semi-paranoia I took note. We tend to get maybe one application per week. And we never get applications like these. Firstly we had this application, on the day of the incident. See images below. 

I PM'd the player in game and informed them that CW clans don't accept players with 0 games played. I guess that the player may have played different versions or modes or something, but either way it was a little suspicious and I made a note of it. This account has subsequently been deleted or renamed.

Just ten minutes later, we had an application from another account. 
This account has very few games played, and left their clan and immediately applied to us. I had very little experience with this clan before, and we never poach or even approach members of other clans except in battle. Now I was a little interested, so I started keeping records.

Two days later, we received this application. And this one is by far the most suspicious. 

This person not only left A MUCH BETTER CLAN with the seeming intention of joining us, which obviously is quite a rare occurrence, and not something I endorse unless the leaders of said clan can explain the situation, but also shares this common clan with the previous applicant, and shared almost EVERY clan with the individual I needed to educate so thoroughly just two days before. Again see images.

You call me paranoid, and that is fair, but to me these events are extremely suspicious, if badly planned and executed, and so I felt the need to bring them up so that the clan in question, and everyone else affected, will be fully aware of my suppositions. Simply taking up more than one space in a clan is selfish and against the rules, while attempting to enter clans with ill-intent is exactly the kind of response I expect and am vigilant for.

So, and finally, I suggest that we as upstanding, respectful and mature Clan War players either create a system where we can report such suspicions openly and together or endeavor to do our utmost to prevent it.   I guess there is a reporting system somewhere, or I should send tickets, but I think it's more urgent than that.

Apologies again to all involved.
Best wishes everyone.

Attached Files

• Attached File   image2b.jpg   18.42K
  • Attached File   image3b.jpg   63.9K
  • Attached File   sa1.jpg   42.97K
  • Attached File   sa2.jpg   13.09K
  • Attached File   to1.jpg   54.35K
  • Attached File   to3.jpg   11.21K
  • Attached File   post-2003603819-0-21952200-1563597878.jpg   13.4K
  • Attached File   cadens1.jpg   91.71K

Edited by death_by_equilibrium2018, 22 July 2019 - 02:22 PM.

Warhammer124 #2 Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:01 PM

Representative of the anti drama organization

• 21741 battles
  • [-VAM-] -VAM-

If you think that some half-wit is trying to get into your clan with malicious intent, simply don't let them in. I'd only get worried if this individual is sending threats and/or insults and general harassment which can easily be reported via WG customer support.

Edited by Warhammer124, 20 July 2019 - 04:08 PM.

Hippity Hoppity no drama lords on my property 

death_by_equilibrium2018 #3 Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:26 PM

Sergeant

• 47293 battles
  • [SUPER] SUPER
True enough. It's not my clan I'm worried about. It's the clan they left in order to do so that appears to have a few alts that they are not aware of.

HoPeY_ #4 Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:26 PM

Major

• 104055 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G

View Postdeath_by_equilibrium2018, on 20 July 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

This person not only left A MUCH BETTER CLAN

Quoted for truth.

Perhaps if you were more forthcoming with the truth in other areas, posts and PM's these situations might not arise :)

Already confirmed now what points you got (4K) so don't worry about decent players trying to join any more. Enjoy being way down the bottom of any future events :)

Edited by HoPeY_, 21 July 2019 - 12:45 AM.

death_by_equilibrium2018 #5 Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:31 PM

Sergeant

• 47293 battles
  • [SUPER] SUPER
:child:

FramFramson #6 Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:03 AM

Major

• 47144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I wouldn't be a member of any clan that'd accept me. :trollface:

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

stewiejp #7 Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:47 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 45657 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
In the name of truth how would Hopey suggest Super got the 4k other than by the refund the night the power went out?

(Guessing it's super, clan names don't come up on the phone but he has been mentioning it for a while).
Does anybody else have any concerns?
Did it affect anybody else's reward.

#GetOnBoard Studios  -Where the magic happens GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

IMC_Jimmy #8 Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:20 AM

Hold my beer, I've got this!

• 20759 battles
  • [HMB] HMB
Just let it rest Hopey, just get on with life matey 
www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest #Tier 4 Clan Wars Plz

HoPeY_ #9 Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:28 AM

Major

• 104055 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G

Just in it for the laughs now Jimmy :)

Look at that glorious wall of text above.

death_by_equilibrium2018 #10 Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:58 AM

Sergeant

• 47293 battles
  • [SUPER] SUPER

Sorry for the long words Hopey, maybe you can find someone to help you. :-)

He is trying to enter our clan using his alt accounts. Poor kid is totally obsessed now and can NEVER let it lie lol.

Pity the poor clans that have three, or four, or even five Hopey's!

That's what happens when there is no responsible adult in your life to prevent your delusions spilling over into reality. 

neokai #11 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:54 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

Moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

~neokai

Spoiler

HoPeY_ #12 Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:02 AM

Major

• 104055 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G

Strange place to put this neokai. Thought this section was for CLAN Rivalry and Diplomacy. Not personal attacks. Pictures clearly reveal names and have been ignored.

neokai #13 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:35 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View PostHoPeY_, on 23 July 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

Strange place to put this neokai. Thought this section was for CLAN Rivalry and Diplomacy. Not personal attacks. Pictures clearly reveal names and have been ignored.

OP was PMed 2 days ago (after the report was received) and the screenshots have been edited to block out the names as of yesterday afternoon. That is well within a reasonable time frame, won't you say?

As this thread deals with clan drama CRD was a better place than CW 2.0, which deals in more mundane things like CW announcements and meta discussions.

Edited by neokai, 23 July 2019 - 08:37 AM.

Spoiler

HoPeY_ #14 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:40 AM

Major

• 104055 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G
Or you could have put it in the bin where it deserves to be.

Dieselnuts #15 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:11 AM

Sergeant

• 14729 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Im more interested in what the silent majority thinks of all this.

HoPeY_ #16 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:37 AM

Major

• 104055 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G
Too busy sound asleep on their pillows of apathy be my guess.

jumphonner #17 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

First lieutenant

• 58106 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Where are Mulder and Scully, or perhaps that Progressive Direct detective dude? They'd get to the bottom of this mystery.

Edited by jumphonner, 23 July 2019 - 12:24 PM.

Infamous BOT, Seal Clubber, Stat Padder, Skrublord and 1AR Untermenschen. Mates of the Corrupt and The Sage of Asia ™.

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

Occasionally seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

https://www.twitch.tv/jumphonner

HoPeY_ #18 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

Major

• 104055 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G
As he says...Very urgent..

HoPeY_ #19 Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:37 AM

Major

• 104055 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G

And for the OP.

This server allows Alts. You can have Alts anywhere you like, in as many clans as you like. You can have a clan full of them if that's your thing. You probably have some in your clan already.

As for them trying to enter your clan what sort of dastardly things do you think they can do? Make your clan better? Steal your super squirrel strats and drive their own clans backwards? Maybe they could improve your clan as I can't imagine it getting any worse.

As for my Alts. You aint close :)

stewiejp #20 Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:01 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 45657 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
So why apply? Surely no malicious intent at all. Surely not!

#GetOnBoard Studios  -Where the magic happens GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users