MM Suggestion to improve new player experience.

matchmaker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

codebasher #1 Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:01 PM

Corporal

• 2454 battles
  • [MARD] MARD

Currently the matchmaker attempts to match similar numbers to low/high/medium skilled players to each side. With XVM WT8 scores I do see this to be generally the case.

For low tier games 1 - 5, can the matchmaker at least attempt to match new/low-skilled players with only new/low-skilled players when numbers allow?  World of Tanks would surely win more customers if they weren't offered as fodder for stat-padders from day one.  

Apart from stat farming predators, high skill players would also probably appreciate playing with other high skill players when server numbers allow. This also would result in less hate towards new players by idiots demanding experienced team mates.

For those declaring 'get good or get out', remember this is a game and long ago games were once created for enjoyment.

Modifying the matchmaker code would be straight forward and the end result of more new players staying with the game surely can't be a bad thing.

As for longer wait times, .  It doesn't have to coded as a hard and fast rule but rather massage the algorithm to make such choices as much as possible with the player base available. Anyhow, for a decent game waiting just a few extra seconds is well worth the wait.

Napalmer #2 Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:24 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 48022 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

The current matchmaker does NOT factor in skill at all.

Honestly, I'd prefer if it was kept that way, seeing as it's a 'Random' battle.

There's already bots at low tiers on ANZ, I see that as incredibly 'newbie-friendly'.

Locking out players from certain tiers really isn't the way to do it, especially if the population doesn't support it.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Ezz #3 Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:44 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNapalmer, on 23 July 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

Locking out players from certain tiers really isn't the way to do it, especially if the population doesn't support it.

I'd be happy if they made tier 6 and below optional for decent players tho. Maybe the better a player is, the more tiers they can skip up. If ever there was an incentive to improve that would be one. Obviously wouldn't stop the deliberate seal clubbers, but at least it would fix good players who have to grind lines.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Profanisaurus #4 Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

For all his experiments and investigations into this game, old mate code really has found some 'interesting' results for his research.

I suspect his investment in the makers of metallic hats and shields was proven more fruitful over the years.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

mttspiii #5 Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:53 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

There's actually a special MM for new players; they only meet fellow new players. Unskilled players though, once they get past X number of battles, would have to bear the full brunt of random battles whether they really learned the game or not; MM doesn't care for skill, only battle count.

That said, low-tiers really need a boost. What if tier 1-5 gets bots, but your stats don't count when the battle required bots to fill in for players? Kinda like WoWS.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users