Saffelicious #61 Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:58 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37884 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostHoPeY_, on 30 July 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Did same but 171 battles :)

so just win and problem solved. 

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

RavioliAldente #62 Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:10 PM

Corporal

• 11387 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
wait is hopey crying? THAT IS NEW! 

signature.png

Ezz #63 Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:49 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRavioliAldente, on 30 July 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

wait is hopey crying? THAT IS NEW! 

Apart from a brief 'stop attacking me personally' when people were simply discussing the topic, he's been pretty good. It's like he's beginning to get both sides of the coin, not just his own.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Ezz #64 Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:57 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHoPeY_, on 30 July 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Did same but 171 battles 

A few things to work on for next time...

View PostHoPeY_, on 29 July 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

Hard to be competitive in this without being able to field multiple teams, good tank selection, great callers and a core of goods.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Vindictus_Maximus #65 Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:11 AM

Sergeant

• 9404 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View PostSaffelicious, on 29 July 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

But let's be honest this happens every campaign, the social player wants to get the same reward as the guy that puts in a lot of effort to improve without actually having to improve.

Good luck. 

For me it is not about the reward tanks. If you busted up the top clans into smaller clans, the top clans would still win the rewards and the social clans would still miss out. but the Middle clans would be far more into contention though. Surely there is deadwood in your clan that needs to be cut free? Others that really need a good hiding struggling in a lesser clan. And others that you have always secretly wanted to beat up on a CWs season?

Many of the players from the top clans are boss players no doubt, but come across a fair few players from the top clans that are rather lacking and underwhelming when you come across them solo in randoms. Take away the good callers from those guys, the safety blanket of all the other good players around them, and I reckon a fair few Yeti and Teal players would melt like water under pressure.

These soft players will need harden up, new players will have to learn to call and take commander roles, and the middle clans will lift there game and be hungrier. And it will drag a heap of inactive players like myself back into the fray.

I want the best to be rewarded for being the best. Including some very good players in the middle clans that are not being rewarded for their skill. reducing the reward tanks per clan and eliminating the multiples will do just that.

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 31 July 2019 - 07:14 AM.

Vindictus_Maximus #66 Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:27 AM

Sergeant

• 9404 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View Postspacewolf, on 29 July 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

Removing players from the top end in Vindi's scenario doesn't mean the bottom guys move up a notch if the players continue playing. It'll pretty much do the opposite: the mid range guys that are lucky enough to be around the top guys move down, pushing the lower lads even further down. Although IRL I have seen big fish removed from a fraternity and some mid level guys have tried to step in to the shoes (or vacuum) left - so there is real life proof to back up Vindi's statement if you go looking for it, but the players would need to drop out of the game/mode completely. 

This is a good point, that yes a some of the weaker players in top clans would spit the dummy and stop playing. They would have to work harder, play better, take on more responsibility, go through the process of developing weaker players if they wanted to still get the rewards. But I think they will be replaced by other currently inactive players that are boycotting CWs until it is fairer and more competitive.

Also I have pointed out that some sort of low level clans wars needs to be started again to bring new guys into the clan culture. They also need to renew at the grassroots as well. Here in Australia we are smaller in numbers, so we have salary cap systems for our sporting competitions,  because we do not have the numbers for a dominance system like the UK premier league. They can't treat us the same a RU. And the NA clan system is tanking too, it is importatnt for wargamings business model to keep clans alive, they need some sort of positive change.

spacewolf #67 Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:31 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 76716 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Vindi just understand that a clan doesn't win just because of its players per se. 

Clans that win do so because of the team cohesion. How well the clan works together is very influential in how that clan performs. Granted, you need decent strats and callers, and players that can hit tanks, but in the end if your good players are not working as a team unit, you will fail.

There's more to winning than good play. You need good coaching, mentoring, communication, management, strategy on the global map, strats in games. And then you need to bring it all together and maintain a good, positive culture so that people want to turn up and fight for their team mates night after night after night. Napalmer (?) said he played 140 odd games (I think) - why would someone do that for a group? It's beyond just wanting to win pixels or be known as being good: it's also about being an effective and contributing team member.

Making players drop into smaller units, if anything, will compound the current issues - small tight units are often very powerful, and highly performing small teams will belt the shit out of more uncoordinated teams than what a large unit will. Large units have more scope for errors.

Not sure if all that makes sense, but I always maintain that any clan can do what the larger clans do, if they pay attention and think beyond just the game on the screen - clan wars and events are much, much bigger than that. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users