Jump to content


Changes for CW, Campaigns and Advances.


  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

SLAV_ROBIN #41 Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:24 AM

    Professional Runner Away-er

  • Member
  • 31326 battles
  • 1,380
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    10-15-2014

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 29 July 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

 

This is called an  ' ad hominem '

 

Used by people that cannot or dont want to actually discuss the issue Could it be that you have an agenda to keep the current failing system because it is to your advantage? 

 

In any case, stop drifting away with your ad hominems and stay on topic please.

Funny that. Id stay on topic to disccuss valid and progressive ideas towards better content for clanwars players. But considering your nil history with clans (and yet coments made regarding past history somehow of cw participation) i still dont understand why your discussion is going to give any insight. Do you have any graphs or polls to back up your data or claims? Id love to see them so we could better understand your nil clanwars participation level of understanding around how player levels\clan types\actual clans affect this servers clanwars participants? (of which unless your an alt account. I doubt you are a participant.)


2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

 

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM


SLAV_ROBIN #42 Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:27 AM

    Professional Runner Away-er

  • Member
  • 31326 battles
  • 1,380
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    10-15-2014

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 26 July 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

 

 

There are a heap of player out there just like me that are keend to start playing CWs again, but wont under this broken system, Bust up the big clans into dozens of competing clans, and suddenly you have a genuine competition again, one that players like me might come back and play in

 

 

See above for "past history quote btw.

 

 

Also, top clans want balance. Certainly not freebies for them. And for sure no freebies for clans that put in little to nil effort at all. (this by the way is regardless of clan skill levels - as we have seen multiple clans of skill and of no skill in recent cws events get rewards which they were not deserving of. But still managed to get it.) because the systems not balanced..


2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

 

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM


Saffelicious #43 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:41 AM

    Master flipper !

  • Live Streamer
  • 37884 battles
  • 3,720
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
  • Member since:
    12-18-2013

I love all these salty posts.

"Top clans just gets free stuff for no effort." 

Stop acting like we do [edited] all for the rewards.

That's just rude and ignorant. 

 

Without even looking into it I can guarantee that most of our guys play more battles then most of the small clans to start with.

and even if we played less which I highly doubt we win, That's why we get the rewards.

Not only that, i swear 50% of my battles was against TEAL this campaign, not sure how you check this up but i sure as hell did not get to slap avg players around much for "free rewards" 

 

 

 

But let's be honest this happens every campaign, the social player wants to get the same reward as the guy that puts in a lot of effort to improve without actually having to improve.

Good luck. 


Edited by Saffelicious, 29 July 2019 - 08:43 AM.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 
 
Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

HoPeY_ #44 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:03 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 104491 battles
  • 3,793
  • [DETOX] DETOX
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

View PostSaffelicious, on 29 July 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

I love all these salty posts.

"Top clans just gets free stuff for no effort." 

Stop acting like we do [edited] all for the rewards.

That's just rude and ignorant. 

 

Without even looking into it I can guarantee that most of our guys play more battles then most of the small clans to start with.

and even if we played less which I highly doubt we win, That's why we get the rewards.

Not only that, i swear 50% of my battles was against TEAL this campaign, not sure how you check this up but i sure as hell did not get to slap avg players around much for "free rewards" 

 

 

 

But let's be honest this happens every campaign, the social player wants to get the same reward as the guy that puts in a lot of effort to improve without actually having to improve.

Good luck. 

 

 

Actually I don't think we are after free tank licenses. We are after a fairer system. The present one sucks and is getting worse. Keeps going the Campaign will disappear as you will have no opposition.



HoPeY_ #45 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:17 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 104491 battles
  • 3,793
  • [DETOX] DETOX
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

View PostEzz, on 29 July 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

So campaigns would be a considerably less enjoyable experience for lots of players. Good clans would still win the tanks. Bad clans would still get bugger all, but the campaign would be more annoying. Sounds like wg's idea of progress!

 

I think the crux of the issue is one you list. Bad clans feel the playing field isn't level. Yet that isn't their problem. Their problem is they haven't put in the effort that the better clans have. In effect what they want is not a level playing field, they want good clans to be handicapped to give them a chance.

 

Better clans have surrounded themselves with better players and cleared the roster of in-actives. Hard to be competitive in this without being able to field multiple teams, good tank selection, great callers and a core of goods. Take one of those out and you'll struggle. Effort is a strange thing to judge in this as I assure you the not so good clans do put effort in.



mttspiii #46 Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:52 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 33795 battles
  • 17,209
  • [PVP] PVP
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 29 July 2019 - 06:30 AM, said:

 

If you limit the amount of reward tanks, this will stop straight away.

 

The top clans will fracture into multiple smaller clans competing against each other. Suddenly a lot of these guys that just roll up and have other people call their games for them, will suddenly find they are no longer in their comfort zone. They will have to start calling their own games. recruit their own players, deal with leadership issues when their egos get bruised when beaten by players that were previously their teammates.

 

No, it will simply stop some players from playing, since if the reward is too difficult to get people just simply don't bother.

 

Your real opponent in CW isn't other players, its clan apathy. Which is why WG makes seasonal CW to shake things up. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working so well either.


I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


HoPeY_ #47 Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:07 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 104491 battles
  • 3,793
  • [DETOX] DETOX
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

View Postmttspiii, on 29 July 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

 

No, it will simply stop some players from playing, since if the reward is too difficult to get people just simply don't bother.

 

Your real opponent in CW isn't other players, its clan apathy. Which is why WG makes seasonal CW to shake things up. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working so well either.

 

But if it removes players from the top end, lot's of bottom dwellers might think it's worth a shot.



spacewolf #48 Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:03 PM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 76716 battles
  • 2,993
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View Postmttspiii, on 29 July 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

 

No, it will simply stop some players from playing, since if the reward is too difficult to get people just simply don't bother.

 

Your real opponent in CW isn't other players, its clan apathy. Which is why WG makes seasonal CW to shake things up. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working so well either.

This. Particularly the bottom line, apathy is a clan killer. That and burnout. 

 

View PostHoPeY_, on 29 July 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

 

But if it removes players from the top end, lot's of bottom dwellers might think it's worth a shot.

 

Removing players from the top end in Vindi's scenario doesn't mean the bottom guys move up a notch if the players continue playing. It'll pretty much do the opposite: the mid range guys that are lucky enough to be around the top guys move down, pushing the lower lads even further down. Although IRL I have seen big fish removed from a fraternity and some mid level guys have tried to step in to the shoes (or vacuum) left - so there is real life proof to back up Vindi's statement if you go looking for it, but the players would need to drop out of the game/mode completely. 

A by product of that is as mttspiii says - people will just drop out, which in turn will reduce the player pool in our already very shallow server. 


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


Ezz #49 Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:06 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • 36,880
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
It's also worth noting that smaller clans who feel the effort isn't worth the reward aren't restricted to the lower end. Quite a few top end clans don't bother any more as well. Lowering the effort required for rewards won't only offer something to the battler clans.

Edited by Ezz, 29 July 2019 - 02:07 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


pr154 #50 Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:02 PM

    Sergeant

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 25210 battles
  • 149
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
  • Member since:
    04-20-2013

If you want an example of what it takes to Campaign successfully, have a look at EYRIE's performance in the season

After Soldier of Fortune they were weakened by so much disenfranchisement and departure that they couldn't field a Tier X team in CW11

Come Fire Trail, they recruited hard and absolutely pounded it, coming away with 18 Reward Tanks.

 

This effort would be impossible without concentration of skill and many late nights of gaming.

There is no deliberate rigging or skewing of the competition to favour the top clans.

They've earned their place at the top of the ladder in those competitions.


As an active mid-tier clan, we recognise that we need to change our philosophy and run similar hard yards in the next CWE, because if it's Reward Tanks we're after we are not going to get there casually chasing flowers around the Basic Front.



Napalmer #51 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:11 PM

    Objectionable Individual

  • Community Contributor
  • 51768 battles
  • 2,862
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

View PostHoPeY_, on 29 July 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

 

 

Actually I don't think we are after free tank licenses. We are after a fairer system. The present one sucks and is getting worse. Keeps going the Campaign will disappear as you will have no opposition.

You get to fight clans on a similar ELO for the first battle, and then fight one that got a similar amount of XP (therefore 'similar' performance).

How much fairer do you want it?

 

100 battles vs the same bottom 3 clans and a Chieftain for everyone who turned up?

Yep, that sure does sound like it'll revive CW. Free tanks for everyone, and the quality of random battles going down the drain.


3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!


HoPeY_ #52 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:38 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 104491 battles
  • 3,793
  • [DETOX] DETOX
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

Yada yada..

 

View PostNapalmer, on 29 July 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

You get to fight clans on a similar ELO for the first battle, and then fight one that got a similar amount of XP (therefore 'similar' performance).

How much fairer do you want it?

 

100 battles vs the same bottom 3 clans and a Chieftain for everyone who turned up?

Yep, that sure does sound like it'll revive CW. Free tanks for everyone, and the quality of random battles going down the drain.

 

And what happens when there is only 3 clans with 1400 going for the same land. Good fun first fight hey :) . Second battle can be anyone, high or low.

 

Have you not noticed the amount of reward tanks being driven by undeservings ATM? Seems a lot of people paid for seats. Or the soon to be very skilled players...who buy them in the auctions.


Edited by HoPeY_, 29 July 2019 - 09:45 PM.


Twit_ #53 Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:17 AM

    69 Recognized

  • Member
  • 19671 battles
  • 290
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
  • Member since:
    11-28-2017

View PostHoPeY_, on 29 July 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

Yada yada..

 

 

And what happens when there is only 3 clans with 1400 going for the same land. Good fun first fight hey :) . Second battle can be anyone, high or low.

 

Have you not noticed the amount of reward tanks being driven by undeservings ATM? Seems a lot of people paid for seats. Or the soon to be very skilled players...who buy them in the auctions.


I never really saw less than 10 on any landing zones or auctions in the CP except in rare situations, or Elite front. So there were plenty of low elo clans fighting it out in tourneys, and there was only one 1400 elo clan operating during the campaign.....which got a bye most rounds anyway.

 

I am really curious to hear what you define as 'underservings'. To me, the ones that least deserve the tank are those that get it in the auction, seeing as they have the lowest requirement to get a tank. Also I am interested to see who you say 'paid' for a seat, because that would be breaking the rules :) otherwise an empty claim :(


The mindset you need to improve

 

 

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVEN WHEN YOU OF IN THE COLD FOOD OF OUT HOT EAT THE FOOD 


HoPeY_ #54 Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:23 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 104491 battles
  • 3,793
  • [DETOX] DETOX
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

View PostTwit_, on 30 July 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:


I never really saw less than 10 on any landing zones or auctions in the CP except in rare situations, or Elite front. So there were plenty of low elo clans fighting it out in tourneys, and there was only one 1400 elo clan operating during the campaign.....which got a bye most rounds anyway.

 

I am really curious to hear what you define as 'underservings'. To me, the ones that least deserve the tank are those that get it in the auction, seeing as they have the lowest requirement to get a tank. Also I am interested to see who you say 'paid' for a seat, because that would be breaking the rules :) otherwise an empty claim :(

 

 

Give it a break mate. Discuss the issue, not me.



Twit_ #55 Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:28 AM

    69 Recognized

  • Member
  • 19671 battles
  • 290
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
  • Member since:
    11-28-2017
But I didn't discuss you, I am just countering a point you raised? lol

The mindset you need to improve

 

 

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVEN WHEN YOU OF IN THE COLD FOOD OF OUT HOT EAT THE FOOD 


HoPeY_ #56 Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:40 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 104491 battles
  • 3,793
  • [DETOX] DETOX
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013
Well try countering someone else's point. You are boring.

SLAV_ROBIN #57 Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:23 AM

    Professional Runner Away-er

  • Member
  • 31326 battles
  • 1,380
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    10-15-2014

View PostTwit_, on 30 July 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

But I didn't discuss you, I am just countering a point you raised? lol

Discuss away ignore him hes boring :p


2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

 

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM


CelestiaLudenberg #58 Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:02 PM

    On Conan's Naughty List

  • Member
  • 24436 battles
  • 1,072
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

>Top clans put in no effort

 

Boy, if only you knew how much time and effort our management put in.

 

There's a reason why top clans burnout after a campaign.

 

Across the 10 days of the campaign, I did 133 games, majority of which were against clans within 100 elo of us, as well as how I was staying up until 3-4am every night.

 

But yeah, I love getting a G badge for 0 effort.


When you show her all 96kw from your mighty 20E


HoPeY_ #59 Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:08 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 104491 battles
  • 3,793
  • [DETOX] DETOX
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013
Did same but 171 battles :)

spacewolf #60 Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:55 PM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 76716 battles
  • 2,993
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

I think in light of the previous 2 posts, I need to mention PBKAC are doing an intensive recruitment drive currently.

 

We played a grand total of 0 games, had literally no management whatsoever, and the only ones that stayed up till 3 or 4 am scored heaps of [edited] lucked out because drunk.

 

If you want to be stress free and give less than 0 shits about anything WG  related - especially the toxic shitstorm of clan wars - we are your go to guys. 

 

Also be aware we dominated - and I mean DOMINATED - the tier 4 clan wars matches despite the above. 

 

Glory awaits the brave. 


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users