Homefront?

Homefront event

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Ezz #41 Posted 26 July 2019 - 03:53 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Anyone got a feel for if fail tooning a rank 1 with others who are higher tier accelerates progress for the low ranker?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

LeSigh #42 Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:13 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 57224 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I can't help thinking the mode could be improved with just a small return of XP or credits or a chance to crew train in some way. They could even make some gold out of it unless people wanted to credit or ghetto prem crews in.

At the moment it seems like a pretty significant effort for a little tank barbie and one piece of equipment that won't necessarily make a huge difference to a tanks behaviour.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

SLAV_ROBIN #43 Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:11 PM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 31327 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Was fun to start with, glad im finished it now. Best mechanic was the air raid, making people shift out of campy spots. Too bad we all just went straight back there before the next wave could really be effective

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

Matt_B #44 Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:50 AM

Staff sergeant

• 24109 battles
I just took the air raids as an opportunity to reload.

Ezz #45 Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:28 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Side note, but i think the fuel calc i posted earlier was a bit off. Just watched skill's vid on it and he had 130+ fuel after buying some packages. Edit: turns out CCs are given extra fuel.

Either way it's going to take a butt load of grinding. You begin to wonder whether WG's next Q&A will feature a 'we didn't expect HF to be such a grind' similar to their response on turning FL into a grind.

Edited by Ezz, 27 July 2019 - 10:35 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Warhammer124 #46 Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:35 AM

Representative of the anti drama organization

• 26204 battles
  • [F-S] F-S
At this point we might as well wait for another ranked battles season, grab out tier 10 vehicles and farm bonds. This mode is really just for players without tier 10s to get their own improved equipment. Not worth your money.
Hippity Hoppity no drama lords on my property 

Ezz #47 Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:38 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
But as i'm a glass half full kinda guy, the main positive imo is that WG implemented a system that should hopefully prevent bots from just playing it endlessly and still getting the rewards. I hope they continue to differentiate in their game modes / events - ie those for decent rewards that can't be botted to, and those that are mostly aimed at having fun but where you don't win anywhere near as much.

Edited by Ezz, 27 July 2019 - 12:22 PM.

SLAV_ROBIN #48 Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:14 PM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 31327 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 27 July 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Side note, but i think the fuel calc i posted earlier was a bit off. Just watched skill's vid on it and he had 130+ fuel after buying some packages. Edit: turns out CCs are given extra fuel.

Either way it's going to take a butt load of grinding. You begin to wonder whether WG's next Q&A will feature a 'we didn't expect HF to be such a grind' similar to their response on turning FL into a grind.

Ironically, eu CCs were given 100 fuel...but none of ours have been :/ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Once again, WG overal not helping or talking to each other about this

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

Ezz #49 Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSLAV_ROBIN, on 27 July 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

Ironically, eu CCs were given 100 fuel...but none of ours have been :/ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Once again, WG overal not helping or talking to each other about this

By his impressions video it didn't sound like the fuel incentive was going to make much difference to how much he was intending to play it...

FramFramson #50 Posted 27 July 2019 - 02:45 PM

Major

• 51346 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Somehow I ended up with double the points today I thought I had? Last night I stopped after getting a bit above 200 IIRC, but after a game or two today (where I only got the usual 39 points), I had 400? What?

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

LtDan_IceCream #51 Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13118 battles
  • [STOMP] STOMP

I'm just glad they finally brought in a PvE mode.

More work needed, but most welcome.

I'll definitely start playing again if they implement it.

Ezz #52 Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:53 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostLtDan_IceCream, on 30 July 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

I'm just glad they finally brought in a PvE mode.

There certainly is potential. The disappointing bit was that some of the short comings appeared very obvious and you expect either WG didn't pick them up in testing despite how obvious they were, or WG have just found a new way to be greedy.

Looking forward let's hope they differentiate their special events a bit but leave them out of their business model. Either a fun, easy, relaxing mode that people enjoy with minor prizes (camo, directives, boosters) or something more about ability with better prizes but without the pay to progress aspect.

LtDan_IceCream #53 Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13118 battles
  • [STOMP] STOMP

View PostEzz, on 30 July 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

There certainly is potential. The disappointing bit was that some of the short comings appeared very obvious and you expect either WG didn't pick them up in testing despite how obvious they were, or WG have just found a new way to be greedy.

Looking forward let's hope they differentiate their special events a bit but leave them out of their business model. Either a fun, easy, relaxing mode that people enjoy with minor prizes (camo, directives, boosters) or something more about ability with better prizes but without the pay to progress aspect.

They already have an effective PvE model with WoWs.

The coding shouldn't be too hard to implement here. Maybe - Reduced xp and credits with the access to camo's/directives/boosters on special events/specific missions.

Work in Progress.....

TheBudgiesmuggler #54 Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• 34942 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
I Get 12k damage and still lose, its awesome how the bot tanks disappear in front of you and everyone's quizzing where are they and they reappear behind you crossing the line slight glitch or their invisible and firing at you, cant shoot what you cant see....oh and there's the Aimbot BS their on the other side of the building and their barrel stays locked onto your tank so you cant poke and shoot....

FramFramson #55 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:38 AM

Major

• 51346 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
I just wanna plat with other T3s instead of being the only T3 on a team for a change. :(

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

wasaabi #56 Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:49 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23330 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostFramFramson, on 31 July 2019 - 03:38 AM, said:

I just wanna plat with other T3s instead of being the only T3 on a team for a change. :(

Same here, also the micropatch today is for the Homefront Matchmaking, I believe this means T1 gets T1 and T3 gets T3/T2.

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

Ezz #57 Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:20 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
So may be a good time to start playing it then?

Matt_B #58 Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• 24109 battles

View PostEzz, on 31 July 2019 - 06:20 AM, said:

So may be a good time to start playing it then?

Only if you've been doing all the fuel missions. There's barely enough to get more than one piece of equipment without going wallet warrior as it is.

mttspiii #59 Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:41 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34418 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostLtDan_IceCream, on 30 July 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

They already have an effective PvE model with WoWs.

The coding shouldn't be too hard to implement here. Maybe - Reduced xp and credits with the access to camo's/directives/boosters on special events/specific missions.

Work in Progress.....

PvE has a lot of potential in WoT, especially for new-player tiers 1-5. Only reason I can think of that can ruin adding bots to tier 1-5  is that stats would get fudged. But we're getting gold rounds rebalance by changing everything else except gold rounds, so stats would get fudged anyway and WR would be the only stat that matters in the end.

Only problem though is how bots have perfect aim, perfect dispersion, and are suicidally single-minded in focusing on a single tank that their turrets are facing all over the place.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Vindictus_Maximus #60 Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:56 AM

Sergeant

• 10622 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

Last night on the HK server, there was a number of people organizing platoons in chat. I got into a platoon with a few other guys playing rank 3 / west, and we won every game we played, getting 100 - 120 points per battle.

I suggest anyone seriuosly wanting to complete this do the same and get on the General chat tonight.

I really like PvE modes. I really liked the Leviathan mode and even the 'green goop' Halloween mode too. I feel they botched this release somewhat, in terms of the match making, but otherwise it's all OK. If you dont want to spend money, you can get to rank 2 on all six division pretty easy, will all the free camo and directives that come with it, and a good chance of one of the special equipment as well.

And I find it fun, without all the annoyance of random battles. Keep the PvE coming Wargaming, I like them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users