Homefront Event Feedback

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

IcAnz #1 Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:30 PM

Corporal

• 19821 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

Hello Tankers!

Just wanted to share my experience with the Homefront Event that recently came out at the time of writing this, the Event is called Homefront, it's a PvE Gamemode where you are allied with 4 other players with pre-prepared Tanks to fight off Waves, you siimply defend a part of the Map with your allies in order to progress and gain Rewards.

I really like PvE especially when it comes to WoT Events such as this, to the point where I really wish there were permanent game-modes like this one (make it happen WG), upon finding out about all of this I got excited as it was one of the things that I wanted WoT to have for a long time now, but after several Games in the mode I came out disappointed, the most prominent was the Grinding and the Reward system, the Grind is PAINFUL, the progress comes to a Crawl but to make it worse WG implmeneted a system where you need to wait 12 hours in between to get 2 Fuel, Fuel is needed in order play a Session in this Game Event paying a close resemblance to the majority of Mobile Game monetization, I know that WG needs to get their Money from somewhere but they implemented it in a way that causes a lot of frustration instead of feeling that it was something that you can get out of as a Bonus with this Event, the content of the Reward System is VERY lacklustering as well given the effort and time needed to get them, there is also the fact that you can actually "skip" all of this with WG's "time savers", with this you don't have to grind anything at all and just pay a Sum in order to get the basic stuffs to finally Enjoy the Game, I'm sorry for all this ranting but it's really sad to see this kind of implementation present in the game, maybe it's just me but recently this is becoming too common now in the Game, but I will still continue to play it due to the Fun aspect that I am having with the Game Mode minus the stuff I mentioned, I am interested in your view about it compared to mine, what is your take on the Gamemode?

mttspiii #2 Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31406 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

You've already posted it in the Homefront thread?

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/84862-homefront

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:59 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74378 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Finally a game mode that punishes no-lifers who rush up the tiers

Good job dragging us into certain defeat in a rank 3 when the rest of the server is still at rank 1

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Ezz #4 Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:04 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Solo players be damned!

Out of curiosity, how many shiny badges and cups does a win get you?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

IcAnz #5 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:05 PM

Corporal

• 19821 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

So far this is the List of things I don't like about the Event:

1. Limited Fuel Stock for Game Sessions

2. Re-stock Timer

3. Waiting in-between to play the Game Event

4. Mobile Application Monetization

5. Inconsistent MM (One single Tier 2-3 fucks up the MM)

6. Lack Luster Prizes/Rewards

7. Obligatory Fuel Reward Missions

8. Being able to purchase and skip the "grind" (which in turn fucks up the MM for the rest of us)

9. Implementing a Problem and selling the Solution

10. Oh and did I mention Limited Fuel Stock for Game Sessions already?

Vindictus_Maximus #6 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:31 PM

Corporal

• 5099 battles
(edited)

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 26 July 2019 - 06:55 AM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #7 Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:48 PM

Captain

• 40660 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 25 July 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

Finally a game mode that punishes no-lifers who rush up the tiers

Good job dragging us into certain defeat in a rank 3 when the rest of the server is still at rank 1

well, to be fair i reached rank 3 on "The Beast Slayers" using 9 or 10 Cans of fuel, I was dealing 10k damage per match using tier 4s (I have all the replays here) ...Then i was checking details about the event in the in-game homefront screen called "description" (because i wanted to know when it ends) and then i clicked on a  button called "open", and found out you can actually purchase your way up to rank 3 lol... This though, is not guarantee you can get the improved equippement in one or both fronts, unless of course you have the time to play, and time and money run in the same river, but in different depths...

PS. still couldnt find out when does the event ends...

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 27 July 2019 - 07:55 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #8 Posted 27 July 2019 - 09:42 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74378 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Is spotting encouraged in this mode? Seems like games where I spot for snipers never end up top in score while games where I snipe usually do.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

NameWasStolenStresslevel #9 Posted 27 July 2019 - 09:54 PM

Captain

• 40660 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 27 July 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

Is spotting encouraged in this mode? Seems like games where I spot for snipers never end up top in score while games where I snipe usually do.

not sure if spotting gives any bonus points, but winning is what actually gives extra bonus points, for both the front total points, and for the division points (to level up tanks)

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 27 July 2019 - 09:54 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

TheBudgiesmuggler #10 Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• 28356 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
I've been seeing weird stuff on the map our guys would pulling back waiting for the next rush and suddenly on the map there would ghost enemy tanks following them on the map? Another bug for the developers to sort out....

NameWasStolenStresslevel #11 Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:44 PM

Captain

• 40660 battles

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 27 July 2019 - 11:19 PM, said:

I've been seeing weird stuff on the map our guys would pulling back waiting for the next rush and suddenly on the map there would ghost enemy tanks following them on the map? Another bug for the developers to sort out....

me too. I see the enemy on minimap following some ally like they are really having a dog fight but on direct visual my ally is just running alone not even fighting at all. It could be a bug or it could be an omen you know men... But talking about real bugs now, this game mode was kinda rushed development i see. Whenever i die i spawn exactly in front of some 3 tier 7 tigers in my tier 5s and i only manage to live for a fraction of a second... There got be a problem with that spawn design or maybe i am the one to blame? lol ofc not!!

are the bots here to feed us or are we here to feed them??? WG is clearly a russian company where the bears hunts the men.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 27 July 2019 - 10:46 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #12 Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:26 AM

Captain

• 40660 battles

i have just come to understand why i am getting only tier 1 team mates in the Eastern Front (i am The Beast Slayer division).

I have reach level 3 in the division by playing normally, doing average 10k dmg per battle, winning most of them as far as i remember. But i keep getting teams level one and only me level 3. These matches ends very closely (two times we almost beat the last attack, but i ran out of ammo and didnt have enough to beat two tigers in time, but we killed the other 3-4 tigers and two panthers).

so my point is, the reason why so many players didnt reach level 3 yet is because most of the playerbase is playing the Western front, because most of the playerbase dont give a damn about Stabilizing Equippement System (the Eastern front reward), most of the player base cares about reloading their tanks faster with the Innovative Loading System that the Western Front reward provide if grind that front...

So most of people are reaching level 3 per division on the Western front, if you looking for meeting level one players in the Eastern Front  that either: 

A. dont have a clue for what reward they are grinding for, because they are noob or because they dont care/play for fun/lazy to read;

B. few greens, blues and purples who happen to care about Stabilizing Equippement System because it looks so purple, but again these players are 10% of the playerbase divided by 2 (eastern front/western front) so you will meet them 5% of the time when playing Eastern front);

C. they are just bad players that dont matter what front they are in, the bots will beat them because at least they play for fun;

D. they are grinding multiple divisions at the same time and therefore using all their precious fuel (they are lazy to read or noob).

So i am too late to change the front, i am 900 points now after some 14 fuel used (14 battles played)

i think i might wait one day or another until East Front players manage to reach level 3 on their divisions...

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 28 July 2019 - 12:34 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

FramFramson #13 Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:35 AM

Major

• 43366 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

I'm playing on Eastern Front. Stabilizing System is waaaayyyy more useful than the reloader.

I'm also rank 3 and what I've noticed is that the game does in fact scale with ranks. Now that I've played a few matches where I was rank 3, I can see a clear difference in the number of enemies spawned whether or not there's also a rank 2 on the team, or if it's just me and four rank 1s.

Farthest I've made it was to the 9th round (which we actually could have "won" if our last tank alive had managed to hide and just let the attackers through, instead of trying to fight them in a hopeless battle - it would have eaten all but one of our shields - but he was spotted, unfortunately). Anyone actually won? What sort of bonus d'you get for that?

Edited by FramFramson, 28 July 2019 - 02:39 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #14 Posted 28 July 2019 - 04:54 AM

Captain

• 40660 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 28 July 2019 - 03:35 AM, said:

I'm playing on Eastern Front. Stabilizing System is waaaayyyy more useful than the reloader.

I'm also rank 3 and what I've noticed is that the game does in fact scale with ranks. Now that I've played a few matches where I was rank 3, I can see a clear difference in the number of enemies spawned whether or not there's also a rank 2 on the team, or if it's just me and four rank 1s.

Farthest I've made it was to the 9th round (which we actually could have "won" if our last tank alive had managed to hide and just let the attackers through, instead of trying to fight them in a hopeless battle - it would have eaten all but one of our shields - but he was spotted, unfortunately). Anyone actually won? What sort of bonus d'you get for that?

if you win as first place you get alot of more Front points, you also get 10 division points instead of just 6.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Matt_B #15 Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:44 AM

Staff sergeant

• 21118 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 28 July 2019 - 02:35 AM, said:

Yeah, the more tier 2s and 3s you have, the stronger the enemy teams are, so you'll see a lot more Tigers and Panthers. A such, the only real problem with the matchmaking is when your team's sole high tier player is a numpty.

Winning is still far easier in a team of only first tier players though, because you've only got to survive four waves.

FramFramson #16 Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:09 PM

Major

• 43366 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
I expect that winning after four waves nets less points than winning after ten waves though.

FramFramson #17 Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:11 PM

Major

• 43366 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 27 July 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

if you win as first place you get alot of more Front points, you also get 10 division points instead of just 6.

How many?

I keep asking this. Why can no one actually answer?

EDIT: So it's 100 if you're rank 3.

Matt_B #18 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:49 AM

Staff sergeant

• 21118 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 28 July 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

I expect that winning after four waves nets less points than winning after ten waves though.

Only if you are in one of the higher tier tanks. If you somehow survive ten waves in a tier one, the rewards appear to be the same.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #19 Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:42 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74378 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Welp, started good with mostly victories on the first day, then more defeats, and now teams are like this - both battles below are from this morning. As usual, new game modes introduced by WG are usually ok, until bad players start coming in to screw it up. How do people even manage to lemming in this mode.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 29 July 2019 - 07:42 AM.

CardinalMite #20 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:45 AM

Captain

• 29009 battles

All I'll say is that the Churchill 1 is utterly hilarious with its rate of fire when you proc the increased rate of fire with damage taken consumable thingy...

Shame the mode is such a grind, the fuel mechanic just utterly blows goats. And WG you pretty much made improved equipment purchase-able with gold, which is something you said you'd never do.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users