Homefront Event Feedback

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Wodka_Warrior #21 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:46 AM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 21311 battles
  • [TATI] TATI

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 29 July 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

Welp, started good with mostly victories on the first day, then more defeats, and now teams are like this - both battles below are from this morning. As usual, new game modes introduced by WG are usually ok, until bad players start coming in to screw it up. How do people even manage to lemming in this mode.

That's you yoloing isn't it Blue. Isn't it... :P 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #22 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:52 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 83782 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
I prefer to call it "guaranteed first place"

47%-ers: "Stat shaming is bad, XVM is bad, we need anonymizer"

Also 47%-ers:

NameWasStolenStresslevel #23 Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:33 AM

Captain

• 51156 battles

cant find a single battle with other tier 3 players to team with, all low tier level 1 only... At this point of the event and many players havent reach yet level 3, either because they are really bad and the bots clearly outperform them, or because they have made the mistake of playing all divisions at once, hence burning their fuel for no real gain. I have played only one division of each front so far, there is really no point in matching people of different tiers, just make the high level wait more or make the bots easier for the team match up with level 3s....

Really the only best and useful division here are the Beast Slayers for the eastern front, and the Spearhead Brigade for the western front...  I have a 33k combined game (19k dmg, 14k assist) yesterday just because i had another level 3 in the team .. Since i reached level 3 it became hard to win games, its always close games and always me alone in the last wave of tigers.... Its been hard WG please fix it.

just remembered i won 4 games yesterday out of about 15 before fell slept on my computer chair. These games are really long, unfortunally almost all my battles end in the last wave of tigers, in which i am usually left alone.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 29 July 2019 - 10:38 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Mudguts__ #24 Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:31 AM

Face like a Robber's Dog

• Beta-Tester
  • 46268 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

is QB trying to work his way towards a SirFoch scenario  ATM as far as his CC status is concerned? :popcorn:

TL;DR

• Called this mode the most boring thing he's done in video gaming,
  • called out the P2W aspect of buying your way through the ranks,
  • canned the use of dirty equip as a reward,
  • had a go at the MM meltdowns around tier matching,
  • confirmed spotting = no reward,
  • and also railed against the Fuel gimmick.

Ezz #25 Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:11 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMudguts4710, on 29 July 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

is QB trying to work his way towards a SirFoch scenario

It's a bit of an aside but QB has definitely become far more critical. Circon just outwardly laughs at WG these days. Some of the least controversial content people like skill or dez are frequently commenting on what WG are doing to the game. Basically every skill video references the 15-5 games in the context of what WoT is nowadays. You really have to wonder whether anyone at WG has any plans to fix anything any more or if even internally they are content to see WoT continue to decline so they can focus on something flashy and new.

Edited by Ezz, 29 July 2019 - 01:13 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #26 Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:05 PM

Captain

• 32550 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

You can tell over the last year particularly that WG seem to have more or less stopped all real community engagement either with CCs or the forums.

And by that I don't just mean our region.

Certainly all the English speaking forums are becoming less and less active and no matter how hot the topic you pretty much never get comment from WG any more (Not that there was ever very much).

I can't remember the last time a thread I was in had a comment from Conan or Tanitha or anyone WG in it.

Maybe it is different in the non-English forums, perhaps the Russian ones... dunno.

You can't help but feel they don't give a flying monkey's what anyone thinks any more and have just turned this F2P game into the equivalent of a bad mobile scam.

Basically they believe they have sufficient hard core fans that will put up with any amount of milking no matter how blatant it becomes, so why bother even keeping up even a pretense of giving a shit?

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Ezz #27 Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:09 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Speaking of which, pretty sure tan moved to something shiney and new some time ago.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

andiadmiral #28 Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:02 AM

Private

• 11229 battles
  • [PETA] PETA
honestly, i really hate this event, like seriously its just a give you a bond equipment. then you have to forced to play all day homefront mode same enemy then if you got higher lever allies, you got more wave to fight while you and the other  still use a lower lever . while other player just easily pay the money to increase level division and screwing up other player who play it free. its the most boring event i ever played. i really miss the old event that wargaming was released like a halloween fight againist leviathan,chafee race, football match or space war use a is-8 ball. give it back fun event  that player enjoyed to play your game.  :)

Edited by andiadmiral, 30 July 2019 - 01:04 AM.

FramFramson #29 Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:56 AM

Major

• 51346 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I would like to win at least a match or two before the event ends, so griping aside, anyone want to toon up for a few on Eastern Front (not paying for the English side too)?

Getting that one extra shiny point for being the top player each match (and that's WITH me getting shot up doing all the spotting for the team), is not really a substitute for the 50-odd points I miss out on with each match lost.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #30 Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:28 AM

Captain

• 51156 battles

View Postandiadmiral, on 30 July 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

honestly, i really hate this event, like seriously its just a give you a bond equipment. then you have to forced to play all day homefront mode same enemy then if you got higher lever allies, you got more wave to fight while you and the other  still use a lower lever . while other player just easily pay the money to increase level division and screwing up other player who play it free. its the most boring event i ever played. i really miss the old event that wargaming was released like a halloween fight againist leviathan,chafee race, football match or space war use a is-8 ball. give it back fun event  that player enjoyed to play your game.  :)

Please tell me that you reached level 3 in at least one division, please you need to tell me you did it in at least one division....Because otherwise i have no idea what u talking about...

Listen

IF You get TWO level 3 in your team, you have 70%-90% chance of winning unless the low tiers just YOLO around like noobs (or the high levels are really bots level players that bought level with gold)...

IF you get ONE level 3 in your team, you have some 40-50% chance of winning, BUT STILL since its only ONE level 3 it means the second place slot is free for YOU to get 5 division points, (unless u cant reach second place yourself....)

now lets do the math: to reach level two it takes 35 points, that means you need fuel 7 times and rank second place 7 times (in an all loss scenerio of course, because if you win you get more division points, which would make u need less than 7 fuel)... Now i doubt you meet level 3 every game, at least one game there is no level 3 on your team, which is really strange because the event started day 25, today is day 30, so you should have 10 (TEN) fuel at least automatically, and you could get another 10 by completing easy random missions, which would allow you to have a total of 20 fuel by day 30 (today)...

now my darling friend, if you cant reach level 3 in at least one division with 10 to 20 fuel, then i think you should start stop blaming others that you dont even know if they bought or not their higher level, because i reached level 3 myself in one division with only 10 fuel... Have games combined 30k damage and spotting pretty often, and i do not complain about level 1 players who dont have time to play and reach level 3 but also dont wanna spend money in the game but wants to complain about everything and blame others and YOLO at the start of the match leaving me alone to deal with the last 2 to 1 waves....

i am sorry, the only solution i see for you is to just not play this game mode... Thats it. But i agree that level 3 players and level 1 players should not play together, i just dont like you complaining so much about level 3 players like everyone bought it right at the start... I didnt, and if i didnt i can guarantee many other people got level 3 like i did. At least in one division. Just dont throw your tanks and hitpoints, remember you are playing against bots, just memorize the script its very predictable trust me....

PS, if you reach level 3 in one division, you get 6 extra fuels as reward, so if you manage to reach level 3 with 10 to 15 fuel, that would leave you with another 11 fuel to use to level up the next division, plus your front points are always being added, so its not really that hard to get at least one equippment.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 30 July 2019 - 06:55 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #31 Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:46 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 83782 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Just accept the fact that 100 points is hard to reach at the moment and start levelling up other divisions instead. Reminder you need all 3 divisions at level 3 for the reward.

Closest I've reached is dying at wave 9 with a tier 3, and maybe one or two tier 2. Any more requires more than 1 human on the team.

Also 47%-ers:

andiadmiral #32 Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:23 AM

Private

• 11229 battles
  • [PETA] PETA

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 30 July 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

Please tell me that you reached level 3 in at least one division, please you need to tell me you did it in at least one division....Because otherwise i have no idea what u talking about...

Listen

IF You get TWO level 3 in your team, you have 70%-90% chance of winning unless the low tiers just YOLO around like noobs (or the high levels are really bots level players that bought level with gold)...

IF you get ONE level 3 in your team, you have some 40-50% chance of winning, BUT STILL since its only ONE level 3 it means the second place slot is free for YOU to get 5 division points, (unless u cant reach second place yourself....)

now lets do the math: to reach level two it takes 35 points, that means you need fuel 7 times and rank second place 7 times (in an all loss scenerio of course, because if you win you get more division points, which would make u need less than 7 fuel)... Now i doubt you meet level 3 every game, at least one game there is no level 3 on your team, which is really strange because the event started day 25, today is day 30, so you should have 10 (TEN) fuel at least automatically, and you could get another 10 by completing easy random missions, which would allow you to have a total of 20 fuel by day 30 (today)...

now my darling friend, if you cant reach level 3 in at least one division with 10 to 20 fuel, then i think you should start stop blaming others that you dont even know if they bought or not their higher level, because i reached level 3 myself in one division with only 10 fuel... Have games combined 30k damage and spotting pretty often, and i do not complain about level 1 players who dont have time to play and reach level 3 but also dont wanna spend money in the game but wants to complain about everything and blame others and YOLO at the start of the match leaving me alone to deal with the last 2 to 1 waves....

i am sorry, the only solution i see for you is to just not play this game mode... Thats it. But i agree that level 3 players and level 1 players should not play together, i just dont like you complaining so much about level 3 players like everyone bought it right at the start... I didnt, and if i didnt i can guarantee many other people got level 3 like i did. At least in one division. Just dont throw your tanks and hitpoints, remember you are playing against bots, just memorize the script its very predictable trust me....

PS, if you reach level 3 in one division, you get 6 extra fuels as reward, so if you manage to reach level 3 with 10 to 15 fuel, that would leave you with another 11 fuel to use to level up the next division, plus your front points are always being added, so its not really that hard to get at least one equippment.

yeah you right i am not play this mode anymore. better wait for wargaming frontline mode or another event. :coin:  my point is why they add the bundles and pay to win aspect in the event?. they gonna screw up other player who played this game event free to get a bond equipment. :facepalm:   

Edited by andiadmiral, 30 July 2019 - 11:27 AM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #33 Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:52 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 83782 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Also 47%-ers:

FramFramson #34 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:31 AM

Major

• 51346 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I don't hate this event but the matchmaker is the most [edited]thing ever put together by WG. Same penalty if you have only one Tier three on your team as if you had all tier threes.

Since I got Tier 3, I've only had one match so far that didn't have at least two tier 1s and a tier 2. COINCIDENTALLY, that match (3 T3s and 2 T2s), was the closest I ever got to winning.

I wish the low-tier noobs would at least TRY TO STAY ALIVE once they're down to their last tank so that they can snipe and more importantly STILL ADD THEIR ARTY STRIKES, seeing as how it's effective use of arty and airstrikes that really determines whether you win or not.

Edited by FramFramson, 31 July 2019 - 01:32 AM.

mttspiii #35 Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:32 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34385 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostFramFramson, on 31 July 2019 - 01:31 AM, said:

I don't hate this event but the matchmaker is the most [edited]thing ever put together by WG. Same penalty if you have only one Tier three on your team as if you had all tier threes.

Since I got Tier 3, I've only had one match so far that didn't have at least two tier 1s and a tier 2. COINCIDENTALLY, that match (3 T3s and 2 T2s), was the closest I ever got to winning.

I wish the low-tier noobs would at least TRY TO STAY ALIVE once they're down to their last tank so that they can snipe and more importantly STILL ADD THEIR ARTY STRIKES, seeing as how it's effective use of arty and airstrikes that really determines whether you win or not.

WG's supposed to fix it with the current micropatch.

What irks me, and likely everyone here, is that the carrot is a bit too big, dangled too long.

FL '18 promised fun gameplay, loads of creds, and a refuge from tier X. The grind is long enough, but the prize is just camo and you can keep on playing FL without thinking of camo.

FL '19 gave us a chance to get a free EMIL 1951 and exclusive AEP1 (bigger carrot), but the grind to lvl 30 has been increased significantly, x10 if you're going for the AEP1 (dangled too long). Means that you'd have to do a fair amount of self-control knowing you'd have to accept not getting the AEP1 unless you're dedicating an entire week per month for the grind.

And knowing a normal person's attitude to a videogame, if the reward is too hard to get then they won't bother getting it, but will have resentment against WG for dangling rewards juuuust out of reach (just like CW reward tanks being juuuuust out of reach for the 'silent majority';). Sour-graping leads to bitterness after all.

Same thing with HF. I personally don't see the issue because I don't feel the pressure, since I was aiming to unlock all the paint at lvl2 instead of powering on to lvl3 to get dirty vstabs. For most people though, the promise of a dirty vstab/rammer is too tempting, and so went on a grind mindset on a game mode that's not even fully polished yet. All these little problems are expected since server AI are really new, and won't really be an issue, but for those grinding dirties these quirks and bugs are very frustrating obstacles in the grind.

The gas system is WG trying to prevent burnout by limiting gameplay. Same way that FL is limited weekly. That said, when you are limited per battle instead of by time, all those bugs are magnified. Especially since there's a big-[edited] counter telling you how many games you have left after you bugged out of a battle. And even gas shouldn't be a problem had the grind not been too long.

TL;DR: it's too grindy, and partial rewards just...hurt.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #36 Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:27 AM

Major

• 51346 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I expect the event will be at least decent if they fix the MM.

Proper MM will give players of ALL tiers a better chance at winning, which will increase points for everyone at the expense of no one, which (in theory) should make everyone less worried about the gas ticking down, etc. 

Ezz #37 Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:31 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

On the gas issue - from reading a few comments most don't like it so i guess i'm part of the minority - but i like the idea you can't just bot to rewards. As mentioned above however, for a fun mode there shouldn't be limits.

Maybe if WG allowed two options for players - a fuel usage mode where you progress to the rewards and a non fuel use mode where you get a badge or something and maybe a few directives or something. That way players have the choice. If they enjoy it and really want to play more, they can. If they just want the rewards they can still go for it but can't bot.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #38 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:26 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 83782 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Maybe if u are good u get more fuel

Also 47%-ers:

mttspiii #39 Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34385 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 31 July 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Maybe if u are good pay more u get more fuel

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #40 Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 83782 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Yesterday's platoon had people using in-game voice chat. I'm surprised that people are helping their friends grind their alt accounts for this. And that they assume the rest of the team can understand Chinese. And that they assume people will actually listen to their instructions.

Also 47%-ers:

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users