• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

pr154 #21 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 19599 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostEzz, on 31 July 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

As to the pretense aspect, an even simpler and less broadly harmful one would be to just have a tick box for each clan signifying if that clan intends to be competitive or not. Even the SEA playerbase couldn't misread that could they?

^^ Probably the least dangerous idea offered in this thread so far - Provided all members are duly notified (like annoying survey prompts) when the condition changes

There are 3361 clans in the SEA region, so 10% being minimally active in clan v clan actions is probably generous

Without the feedback of a considerate command structure promoting development and game content, I wonder how many of those clan members are even aware that they're in a clan

jumphonner #22 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:33 PM

First lieutenant

• 56136 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Instead of a stick approach, how about some big fat juicy carrots?

What rewards would be required to get the participation that you require?

BOT

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

As seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

Skrublord!

jumphonner #23 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:35 PM

First lieutenant

• 56136 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postpr154, on 31 July 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

^^ Probably the least dangerous idea offered in this thread so far - Provided all members are duly notified (like annoying survey prompts) when the condition changes

There are 3361 clans in the SEA region, so 10% being minimally active in clan v clan actions is probably generous

Without the feedback of a considerate command structure promoting development and game content, I wonder how many of those clan members are even aware that they're in a clan

There are plenty of real life bots on SEA server that I am sure struggle to be self aware.

BOT

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

As seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

Skrublord!

Ezz #24 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:40 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69277 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Given that level of inactivity, maybe the issue isn't people being in the wrong clan but with what 'activity' entails?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

pr154 #25 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:57 PM

Sergeant

• 19599 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View Postjumphonner, on 31 July 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

Carrots are good! I believe the box take from Stronghold is +50% at the moment.... Unfortunately that's only a carrot for those who understand what the hell that means and how it relates to them

Otherwise, learning to play better in a team environment is its own reward

View PostEzz, on 31 July 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

Given that level of inactivity, maybe the issue isn't people being in the wrong clan but with what 'activity' entails?

We're discussing this at REIGN HQ at the moment - Some of the member contributions from personal anecdote support my argument that you wouldn't leave a clan if you don't know what you're missing out on. If your clan command is not promoting the clan modes, and the opportunities to experience it for yourself are unavailable, it's easy to plod along through randoms like a disorganised flock of blissfully ignorant sheep...

Keep IRL friendships and family ties together plays a big part in it too - But there are other facilities for this, not least of which is the ingame contact list or platforms such as Discord / TeamSpeak etc.

Edited by pr154, 31 July 2019 - 02:08 PM.

spacewolf #26 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 73699 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postpr154, on 31 July 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

So you'd be down to what - 1% to 5% of clans being active?

Not sure if disbanding clans is the answer but rather as jumphonner says - dangle a carrot rather than wield a stick. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

pr154 #27 Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:35 PM

Sergeant

• 19599 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

Even if there was a carrot I would have to wonder if those 3000+ Clan Commanders would communicate its existence to their members

Imagine it though... 3000 clans each doing one skirmish every 28 days... Just two members from each clan required to ensure continued survival... Each day that could be 100 clans getting up :medal:

Activity problems solved forever, and more clans for PBKAC to stomp on the Tier 4 Global Map 

Ezz #28 Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:03 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69277 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

And or 2700+ clans and the benefits to those members disappear overnight.

I'm not sure robbing peter to pay paul really covers this. This sounds a lot like hurting 95% plus in hopes that it might improve for 5%. Tho that being said, i'm not sure WG would see that as a problem...

Maybe if they just fixed strongholds it would improve. Clearly the lure of tier 6 organised play clearly wasn't why tier 6 CW should have been kept alive - as if that were the issue all those clans would be happily playing 6 stronks right? So maybe it's time to start consolidating stronks.

Edited by Ezz, 31 July 2019 - 03:07 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Sammich_ #29 Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:12 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 35420 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Is there a chance that we can have tier 4 stronks, thus combining our domination of CW with our apathy of stronks?
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

pr154 #30 Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:19 PM

Sergeant

• 19599 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostEzz, on 31 July 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

And or 2700+ clans and the benefits to those members disappear overnight.

Curious, as you're probably one of the more eminent of the "casual play" clans, how does PBKAC use the current clan mechanic to benefit its members?

_Sammich_ #31 Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:21 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 35420 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
He doesn’t.  He hoards all the goldz.
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Ezz #32 Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:22 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69277 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postpr154, on 31 July 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

Curious, as you're probably one of the more eminent of the "casual play" clans, how does PBKAC use the current clan mechanic to benefit its members?

As a community. Everything from in game chat, platooning, TS for those who want to chat, forum hive minding, tier 4 domination.

We tried boxes but in all honesty the benefits never outweighed the pain of having to organise people to do them all the time.

mttspiii #33 Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:45 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32069 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View Postjumphonner, on 31 July 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

Hm, how about smaller, but more carrots? Big carrots make for fat but few rabbits, many carrots make for many rabbits.

Reserves for Strongholds is also a good reason to clan up.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Vindictus_Maximus #34 Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:45 AM

Sergeant

• 6128 battles

Many of these clans are inactive because of a lack of viable competition, and of course this was bound to happen when they killed off tier6 clanwars

All they need to do is bring back a low level 7vs7 clan competition ( tier6 or 8), with a leader board, and run it at the same time as the global map .

Have personal missions that can be individually achieved playing CWs battles (do 10k damage = 250 bonds, 100 kills - 200 bonds) that sort of thing.

No clans currently involved in the high tier competitions are allowed to compete in the low level competition.

There is a clan reward (maybe camo and a badge or something) but most rewards are personal mission based, so the player earns his own rewards and not rely on the honesty and fairness of the clan commander

Another idea is a leaderboard system where clans earn points when platooning together in random battles. This will reward active clans, is more activity based compared skill based. Personal missions also connected to this competition just like above. 

This is pretty easy to implement, a whole heap of clans will spring up, a lot of inactive clans will once again have a reason to exist and compete, no losers only winners, including WG who will have a lot more active players and make more coin as well.

Sadly I suspect the WG don't read or care about these threads.

Ezz #35 Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:51 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69277 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I suspect rewarding people just for being in clans is basically the opposite to what the op was after. He wants to tap into those with the means to compete but just aren't in the right clan. Giving rewards for non competitive activity would be a hindrance to that goal.

cplripley #36 Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:30 AM

Sergeant

• 34980 battles
  • [PERTH] PERTH

So my full clan of active players gets disbanded because we get 200 ping to HK after the change was lobbed on us as a surprise? so skirming has become pointless, but we still like a game on Aus server?

No.

BUFF THE AC1 SENTINEL!,  gun and speed.

HoPeY_ #37 Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:35 AM

Major

• 101829 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

Try mudfish. My ping on one of the four IP's to HK down to 87 today even without mudfish (126 on other 3). I'm from Perth.

I now feel the game just aint worth the effort any more. I'll probably do the XMas campaign then switch to solo. WG had something good and blew it.

cplripley #38 Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:55 AM

Sergeant

• 34980 battles
  • [PERTH] PERTH

Cheers, but I wont lift finger 1 to fix something I didnt break, Sing was fine, HK is universally hated as far as I can see,  WG can just miss out on the money a lot of my guys spent, myself included as a stupid level purchaser.

2 things would have to happen for us to return to providing nightly cannon fodder in order to avoid this disbandment,  return to SG and remove mod res folder.

I can only hear "ammo racked" so many times.

pr154 #39 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:06 AM

Sergeant

• 19599 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

New players have entered! Thanks for your contributions guys... Have been discussing this on another platform, and the casual clans will be happy to know that the WG line is:

"please consider that we cannot force "social clans" to play competitive. If a clan just want to stay there to platoon with friends, or just one person wants to own a single man army having his own clan without inviting anybody, we won't stop them"

As I come to a mutual understanding with how some of these casual clans operate, I appreciate the OP was probably a little harsh when some casual clans are actually very organised and collegial, and its members make an informed choice not to engage in competitive play. But what a hell of a conversation-starter!

View PostEzz, on 01 August 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

I suspect rewarding people just for being in clans is basically the opposite to what the op was after. He wants to tap into those with the means to compete but just aren't in the right clan. Giving rewards for non competitive activity would be a hindrance to that goal.

^^ Hits the nail on the head - Thanks Ezz

View Postcplripley, on 01 August 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

So my full clan of active players gets disbanded because we get 200 ping to HK after the change was lobbed on us as a surprise? so skirming has become pointless, but we still like a game on Aus server?

No.

This is an interesting observation - And I appreciate your concentration in WA creates some unique challenges to your clan with the timezone...

Is it a fair assessment that PERTH avoids HK Skirms because of the ping, but can't get games in ANZ because of a lack of assembling clans?

As an earlier poster said....

View Postjumphonner, on 31 July 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

And I have had some subsequent ponderings on what the carrots could look like to achieve these ends...

Unfortunately a leaderboard-driven solution tends to reward established clans, rather than draw new ones into the field. While I do dislike the whole communist-sounding "rewards-for-all" philosophy, getting more clans into competition and out of their random games is only achieved by broadening the base of rewards and making their time in queue and combat worthwhile.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but another option could be setting "Technical Victory" conditions for Skirmish. But given that Skirmish is driven by queue times rather than a predetermined drop-time like Advances, it's probably fair to compensate the individuals for their time in queue... Nothing too crazy lest it be abused, say 50IR and 5,000 credits for Tier VI and 100IR and 5,000 Credits for Tier VIII... 50IR or 100IR might not seem like much to a clan that routinely runs advances, and that kind of credit return is probably a little underwhelming, but for a developing clan with developing players emerging into the competitive sphere (and lord knows we need more of them - hence the OP), that kind of reliable box injection can pay for boosters and combat reserves otherwise out of reach. Between that and the credits, developing clans and their members could hopefully be incentivised into having a regular crack at entry-level competition.

cplripley #40 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:52 AM

Sergeant

• 34980 battles
  • [PERTH] PERTH

It is a fair assessment yes and with that, no matter how glittering a stick,  TBF we once nightly skirmed for fun and the odd resource box there would be no point in doing it from here on the ping regardless the prize.

We have not whined about ping on here,  It affects us specifically as we now bounce through Sydney first, but its only really WA it has hit hardest, we had it good once and the tiny WA  pop cant expect to be pandered to, annoying though as it leaves us with long waits or low tier only on AUS,

Edited by cplripley, 01 August 2019 - 10:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users