Messages to the world of tanks team who created the British light tank line

light tanks

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

matthew1 #1 Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:12 PM

Corporal

• 31448 battles

You sir, you madam, you guys. I am sure you are all lovely people. However you have proved that you are all [Content removed] by create this line of British light tanks. They are shit, you know they are shit, yet here we are. You have trolled the world of tanks player base. 

Insults to WG.. Content removed, user sanctioned.

~Wasaabi

Ezz #2 Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:19 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postmatthew1, on 07 August 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

You sir, you madam, you guys. I am sure you are all lovely people. However you have proved that you are all [Content removed] by create this line of British light tanks. They are shit, you know they are shit, yet here we are. You have trolled the world of tanks player base. 

Not the entire player base. Only those who bother going up the line.

Quote updated.

~Wasaabi

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #3 Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:06 PM

Captain

• 29493 battles

Personally I have decided to pretend they only get added when the inevitable buffs happen next time WG decide they are not getting enough revenue.

Clearly with the events they have on right now and recent Swedish mediums and before that French wheelie; I think they decided that they had too many free xp targets competing with each other.

They will make more money long run by spreading them out.  Hence shit stats on British LTs now then as soon as the Wheelie/Swedish mediums/Swedish heavy buffs interest  dies down, expect magically buffed British LTs...

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

HexHammer #4 Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• 33503 battles

Yet OPs stats

<a href='http://oi68.tinypic.com/143j4v6.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://oi68.tinypic.com/143j4v6.jpg</a>

This is the same phenomena with DezGamez, when he had a run of really good games in the Manticore, far better than he has enjoyed in any other tier10 tank, yet could not override his programming and recognize it.

It's called

<a href='http://oi63.tinypic.com/2enc4uu.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://oi63.tinypic.com/2enc4uu.jpg</a>

Thats why i came to this thread, to try to avert this happening to people.

Edited by HexHammer, 07 August 2019 - 07:12 PM.

Saffelicious #5 Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37403 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Surely there is only a very low % of players that are actually dumb enough to bother with this line.

WG is completely taking the piss. Or they dont understand their own game.

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

HoPeY_ #6 Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

Major

• 100972 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

Found the tier 7 and 8 ok. 9... a struggle so far.

Yes, I'm a collector.

CardinalMite #7 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:02 PM

Captain

• 29493 battles

View PostHexHammer, on 07 August 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

Yet OPs stats

<a href='http://oi68.tinypic.com/143j4v6.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://oi68.tinypic.com/143j4v6.jpg</a>

This is the same phenomena with DezGamez, when he had a run of really good games in the Manticore, far better than he has enjoyed in any other tier10 tank, yet could not override his programming and recognize it.

It's called

<a href='http://oi63.tinypic.com/2enc4uu.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://oi63.tinypic.com/2enc4uu.jpg</a>

Thats why i came to this thread, to try to avert this happening to people.

Or small sample size... plus confirmation bias but you know just cherry pick anything that supports your world view.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Ezz #8 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHoPeY_, on 07 August 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

Found the tier 7 and 8 ok. 9... a struggle so far.

That's some pro grinding. Lee would be impressed.

How many battles did you get in each?

Side note hex, is there a term for someone who keeps presenting anecdotes as data?

Edited by Ezz, 07 August 2019 - 08:11 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

HoPeY_ #9 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:11 PM

Major

• 100972 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostEzz, on 07 August 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

That's some pro grinding. Lee would be impressed.

How many battles did you get in each?

Not many, had Exp to 9 at start. But wanted a feel for them and top 4 happened mainly. Not even close to that with the 9... Real struggle so far.

They kind of remind me (tier 7 and 8) of the French lights.. but need bushes.

mttspiii #10 Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:39 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostHoPeY_, on 07 August 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

Not many, had Exp to 9 at start. But wanted a feel for them and top 4 happened mainly. Not even close to that with the 9... Real struggle so far.

They kind of remind me (tier 7 and 8) of the French lights.. but need bushes.

What equips you run?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

spacewolf #11 Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:31 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 73310 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I'm starting at the 7 and running a credit changed crew (CBF buying gold). It's a med posing as a light I think. Slooooowwwww speed, slooooowwww reload time. Only had about 8 games I think. 

Gun seems nice, but could benefit from a faster ROF. Dunno about it feeling like a frenchie  - it lacks the speed for that comparison. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

HexHammer #12 Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:18 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33503 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 07 August 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

Or small sample size... plus confirmation bias but you know just cherry pick anything that supports your world view.

OP enjoyed a winrate far exceeding his average winrate, and a tank performance FAR exceeding any other tier8 LT he played. Yet was triggered to the point he came here and ranted, despite the contradicting evidence right before his eyes..

It is like the science fiction cliche, where you can destroy a robot by giving it a paradox, because it blows it's logic circuit. OP's logic circuit was blown, and i find it very funny.

The line is balanced. A lot of people will now go on and play these British light tanks, the skilled players that play to it's strengths will enjoy playing them very much, and guys like you will just have to suck it up, or play other tanks instead

Ezz #13 Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:49 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Funny the skilled players I saw playing them to their strengths last night had some rather illustrative suggestions on what to do with the line.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #14 Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:17 AM

Captain

• 41873 battles

View PostHexHammer, on 08 August 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

OP enjoyed a winrate far exceeding his average winrate, and a tank performance FAR exceeding any other tier8 LT he played. Yet was triggered to the point he came here and ranted, despite the contradicting evidence right before his eyes..

It is like the science fiction cliche, where you can destroy a robot by giving it a paradox, because it blows it's logic circuit. OP's logic circuit was blown, and i find it very funny.

The line is balanced. A lot of people will now go on and play these British light tanks, the skilled players that play to it's strengths will enjoy playing them very much, and guys like you will just have to suck it up, or play other tanks instead

I was curious too and i really was looking for forum people who have played these light tanks so i could laugh a bit confirm my suspicious that these tanks are too bellow the average playable tank. However he only played 16 battles, which for me is not enough to call it a "decent sample of average stats" in any given tank. Short game sessions can have stats fluctuations or variations that does not necessarly means is the true average, thats why we need a large sample. This is specially important when regarding those Vbadict statistic screenshot someone posted above.

Obviously, the average joe who dont have free xp and take a long time to grind havent even got any close from getting these tanks, bad players are specially afraid of touching these fragile machines as it will make them lose even more, thus slowing down the grind even more since losing means less XP for the grind....As soon as the "mass playerbase" manage to get their hands in these new british tanks we gonna see that average win ratio in the Vbaddict stats (that someone posted above) go down sharply to around 43%...

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 08 August 2019 - 08:26 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Puggsley #15 Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:55 AM

Captain

• 68688 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

There is certainly one person on this thread suffering from cognitive dissonance, and apparently any even basic knowledge of statistics. You understand that cherry-picking is not the done thing don't you? And that drawing conclusions from very small data sets is "brave".

Its also kind of hard to take someone, who is not even close to actually playing these tanks, seriously. 

These tanks might have good camo and high alpha, but they are sluggish as hell and have no dpm to try to contest forward passive scouting locations in nearly all situations. On a few maps they might do better, or against teams which camp hard and let you take your time. For the majority of games I saw them played last night they were played very defensively, and were terrible in the end game.

Small size on a highly mobile tanks works great, on a slug that accelerates poorly its almost meaningless. On a slug which cannot defend itself its a recipe for disaster.

Very much enjoyed playing the Blackdog last night and knowing there was a Setter on the other side :) 

Mudguts4710 #16 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:35 AM

Face like a Robber's Dog

• Beta-Tester
  • 43056 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-

A number of the Brit LT's I encountered last night made a satisfying "popping" sound when the T49 derp cannon spoke in their cardboard-armoured ears.

They're certainly a lot more rewarding to shoot with the derp than the g0ddam wheelies.

On a serious note, is the ammo rack on the tier 8 especially weak? Got 3 one-shots last night in the T49 with ammo racks...

Ezz #17 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:38 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMudguts4710, on 08 August 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

A number of the Brit LT's I encountered last night made a satisfying "popping" sound when the T49 derp cannon spoke in their cardboard-armoured ears.

They're certainly a lot more rewarding to shoot with the derp than the g0ddam wheelies.

On a serious note, is the ammo rack on the tier 8 especially weak? Got 3 one-shots last night in the T49 with ammo racks...

Ooo, that sounds delicious. Reminds me, i haven't installed my iVstabs yet and i think i know where it should go...

Angmar_ #18 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:40 AM

Corporal

• 20612 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-

View PostMudguts4710, on 08 August 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

Looking at tanks.gg it's not low for a tier 8 light tank, equal highest with a few tier 8 LTs

CardinalMite #19 Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:27 AM

Captain

• 29493 battles

View PostHexHammer, on 07 August 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

Well if you enjoy playing them then good for you. But don't tell people the line is balanced based on a tiny sample of games played by other people. We need weeks of results on at least regional or global scope to say one way or the other.

But in any case you are missing the point. Let's say you are right, they are balanced. Are they fun, are they worth grinding are questions that need to be answered. You clearly like a 1 dimensional LT play style. Others may not.

HoPeY_ #20 Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:33 AM

Major

• 100972 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View Postmttspiii, on 07 August 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

What equips you run?

Vents, binos, cammo net.

Also tagged with light tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users