So much pushing and shoving going now FF is disabled...

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

K4BeeTee #1 Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:45 PM

Corporal

• 9241 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER

:(

Prepare for the influx of physics abuse tickets WG....if you even care...

Ezz #2 Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Called it when they first announced it was going into testing. As many have said, WG don't seem to bother looking at hte problem or trying to get creative with solutions. So just like with all chat, despite it being confined to a bad 1%, the 99% suffer as a result.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagicalFlyingFox #3 Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32223 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Who knew that removing team damage will just make morons drive into you or in front of you as you take a shot.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Zynth #4 Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25722 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
On the bright side. I can now arty team mates who are face hugging enemies with minimal consequence.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

spacewolf #5 Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:20 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 72744 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 08 August 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

despite it being confined to a bad 1%, the 99% suffer as a result.

The peaceful majority are irrelevant. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

MagicalFlyingFox #6 Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:21 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32223 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

First it was all chat. Now its team damage.

Can we get pretty butterflies every time we get hit by a tank now?

What about some bumper car physics when we ram allies and enemies?

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

CardinalMite #7 Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:30 PM

Captain

• 29009 battles

If only someone had told WG that it was a shit solution, to what was frankly a minor issue, that has much more significant negative side effects...

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Chewmatca #8 Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:49 AM

Staff sergeant

• 15998 battles
  • [RNS] RNS

sweet im going to have so much fun trolling the unijizzers with my shot blocking.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #9 Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:20 AM

Captain

• 40660 battles
hey to be fair, a noob arty in my team shot me 3 times today because i didnt wanted to push into 3 tier 8s being 2 of them almost full HP in my half HP tiger P. Instead of shooting the low HP one which was a freaking american TS-5, meanwhile his 3 shells he spent the entire end of the battle or some 2 minutes didnt even stun me for so long. It was a deep red one, and he called me "noob tiger p". Now i have to admit so far disable team damage only brought me benefits more than problems.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

luftkopf #10 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:03 AM

Corporal

• 11347 battles
  • [BROKE] BROKE
I haven't played enough lately to have noticed any difference, but nothing's going to be able to solve the underlying problem. Fundamentally, too many people are [redacted expletives] that you can only create systems to mitigate their annoying effect. Eliminating their effect is just not possible.

AlexTheKid72 #11 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:40 PM

Corporal

• 21823 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
I have to say it .......

Idiot proofing our tanks (much like a firearm that you can shoot at your family and it fires nerf foam bullets, but when a bad guy appears the same clip has hollow-point 9mm's miraculously) did WarGaming actually THINK before removing team damage?
It is [edited] rediculous that you can be face hugging an enemy, and either team's arty can drop a dookie on you both without hurting it's ally. Honestly, we are one step away from not being allowed to drive our own tanks because of the dumbing down.
Tanks and artillery fire explosive projectiles, not rubber ducks!

PLEASE see the brainfart decision to remove team damage, and reinstate it. Whoever made this decision is as light on IQ as WG assumes we all are! There needs to be risk involved, or the game may as well become fully automated. 

AlexTheKid72 #12 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:46 PM

Corporal

• 21823 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostZynth, on 08 August 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

On the bright side. I can now arty team mates who are face hugging enemies with minimal consequence.

This is the most short-sighted, brainless, [edited] solution to a problem that 1% of the player base made. Whoever is running development at WarGaming doesn't know shit about the game.

They seem very good at monetising crap though - buy a shit premium tank to use the reward camo? Micro-transaction the fun out of p v e mode a lot have been asking for and make it shit?
I would almost bet a nut that the dev/marketing team got pulled straight from that episode of south park with the Terrence and Phillip mobile micro-sale app ......

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 09 August 2019 - 12:46 PM.

Ezz #13 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:48 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 09 August 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

I would almost bet a nut that the dev/marketing team got pulled straight from that episode of south park with the Terrence and Phillip mobile micro-sale app ......

My current theory is that the support team doubles as game developers.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #14 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:08 PM

Captain

• 29009 battles

My theory is the balance team got fired and replaced with the marketing team; then the marketing team got fired and replaced by the flasher team, because they are were then  encouraging hiding in bushes.

The flasher team though has now been replaced by the bubblewrap team which are gallantly protecting us all from ourselves  by preventing FF.  It can't be the support team because no one has ever conclusively proven that one exists.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

mttspiii #15 Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:05 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31406 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

It saddens me that I can't farm Lucky medals anymore.

I cannot be Lucky, Lucky Lucky Lucky...

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

AlexTheKid72 #16 Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:09 AM

Corporal

• 21823 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

Yep, well done WarGaming......

Malinovka, I take my type 64 to the magic bush, light the world.

VK on my team decides it's his bush, rams me trying to push me out - a totally viable play with no team damage (You didn't put much thought into this did you dev team?).

VK then proceeds to fire while in my [edited], using me as hard cover.

Now the [edited] trolls get a free pass to do the [edited] same thing team damage allowed!

Do you [very bad words] at WarGaming play WoT at all? Roll back this idiocy!

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 10 August 2019 - 09:11 AM.

stewiejp #17 Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:50 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44063 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 10 August 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

Yep, well done WarGaming......

Malinovka, I take my type 64 to the magic bush, light the world.

VK on my team decides it's his bush, rams me trying to push me out - a totally viable play with no team damage (You didn't put much thought into this did you dev team?).

VK then proceeds to fire while in my [edited], using me as hard cover.

Now the [edited] trolls get a free pass to do the [edited] same thing team damage allowed!

Do you [very bad words] at WarGaming play WoT at all? Roll back this idiocy!

I would love to see this replay - from what you describe the VK has clearly broken the rules and should be reported via a support ticket. "Pushing or Blocking Allies" is the sub section if you do the ticket yourself.

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

CardinalMite #18 Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:14 PM

Captain

• 29009 battles

View Poststewiejp, on 10 August 2019 - 03:50 AM, said:

I would love to see this replay - from what you describe the VK has clearly broken the rules and should be reported via a support ticket. "Pushing or Blocking Allies" is the sub section if you do the ticket yourself.

Hi Stewie,

Serious question, do you honestly feel that sending in a support ticket is actually effective in stopping that kind of behaviour? Do you feel overall that when people, yourself included have submitted support tickets about this sort of thing that appropriate justice was seen to be done and appropriate sanctions taken that you view would be effective in preventing this behaviour?

They took away team damage as a support ticket option, because the number of instances was too much for their support team to wade through, now they have switched off friendly fire (I never supported doing team damage even against people griefing me), do you feel that instances of griefers isn't only going to increase now? If the support ticket process is effective, then aren't we going to get to the point where there are too many tickets for the support teams to properly assess and so it is likely they will become less responsive to save time? Or they already aren't effective, in which case no one bothers submitting tickets and it just the wild west out there with nothing preventing griefing.

Ezz #19 Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

It's worth noting that there is a fair amount of RNG with support. Some may actually know what is going on. My recent ticket for HK ping issues has now had 3 different responders with 3 different suggested actions (running a check tool, uninstalling mods (yes really), and restarting my router). I'm hopeful (lol, not really) the next responder may actually have a clue about what's causing the routing issues near the HK server.

My suspicion is that the good old days where WG people like tan used to go the extra mile to try to help things improve are gone and that things are into a mix of damage control and trying to appear like support is still a thing.

Edited by Ezz, 10 August 2019 - 12:24 PM.

stewiejp #20 Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:35 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44063 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostCardinalMite, on 10 August 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

Hi Stewie,

Serious question, do you honestly feel that sending in a support ticket is actually effective in stopping that kind of behaviour? Do you feel overall that when people, yourself included have submitted support tickets about this sort of thing that appropriate justice was seen to be done and appropriate sanctions taken that you view would be effective in preventing this behaviour?

They took away team damage as a support ticket option, because the number of instances was too much for their support team to wade through, now they have switched off friendly fire (I never supported doing team damage even against people griefing me), do you feel that instances of griefers isn't only going to increase now? If the support ticket process is effective, then aren't we going to get to the point where there are too many tickets for the support teams to properly assess and so it is likely they will become less responsive to save time? Or they already aren't effective, in which case no one bothers submitting tickets and it just the wild west out there with nothing preventing griefing.

Yes i do get the impression "justice" gets applied in the tickets I create. It is implied in the answers I get from support and WG staff say that they take the matter seriously and take appropriate action.

Team damage however was never a "ticketable" issue - hence the many "copy/paste" answers to players' tickets in that matter. It is fully automated. Unlike pushing team mates out of cover to get killed by the enemy. 

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users