Bring back double points for frontline

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

TheBudgiesmuggler #1 Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• 28356 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
I know its already been done but it would be nice if they did again for this month, it might make players let the game go a bit longer...

Napalmer #2 Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:23 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 47380 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Technically, there is double points with the boosters they've been giving out and are planning on selling.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25 T37, Hellcat, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50BSTB-1

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74378 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
I might actually play FL if they introduced x5 XP in stage 9 and 10.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Puggsley #4 Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:04 AM

Captain

• 67616 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Would need to be 50X for me, that thing is so incredibly boring. The same [edited] map over and over and over...

Ezz #5 Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:14 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 13 August 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

Would need to be 50X for me, that thing is so incredibly boring. The same [edited] map over and over and over...

Well in theory we may see a new one in september.

As to the FL boosters, 10 hours given for free is not to be sneezed at. Yes it's a boring grind but if you're decent at it that should get you quite a few prestige levels. I'm more annoyed that HK is still at 240ms ping so grinding credits in actual tanks is more of a pain. There's always playing arty of course which can make the grinding less intense, even if boring. At least you can watch stuff on youtube if you have a second screen tho.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #6 Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:46 AM

Captain

• 67616 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Its the map, ahhhhhh that bloody map......

If its a choice between FL and inserting my own catheter, hand me the pipe.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #7 Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:50 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74378 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
10 hours of boosters... But how many hours do you need to reach that AE1?

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Profanisaurus #8 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:02 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Depends if you were sensible and played each week through the year and made the most of the double XP period. Ten hours with doubles (and a bit of luck) for a good player would do a prestige, maybe a little longer.

Ezz #9 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 13 August 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

10 hours of boosters... But how many hours do you need to reach that AE1?

I never really pay enough attention to know exactly but as a rough guess maybe 10 hours for a single prestige level at about major average sort of level. So it really depends where people are at and what sort of results they are getting. I had a week off when we had double XP so hammered that.

There's also another 10 hours worth of boosters if you shell out gold, but that will depend how far behind people are and of course if they want to bother with the AE1.

Edited by Ezz, 13 August 2019 - 11:03 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

K4BeeTee #10 Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:36 PM

Corporal

• 9241 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER
Still on lvl 26 I think...yet to get the first prestige...cbfd playing the most boring, repetitive, skewed, unbalanced, grindy, [edited]-by-wheelies map in the entire game

Profanisaurus #11 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:06 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
It's an easy way to grind:

XP
Credits
Stock tier 8s

Without the pressure to carry teams of sub 48% oxygen thieves, plus you get a free tier 9.

CardinalMite #12 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:50 PM

Captain

• 29009 battles

Of course now they have the boosters for FL (and no doubt sell them) there is pretty much no chance they would do a x2 week again. I actually think the boosters are a really bad idea for FL, because it will on average make the FL queue take longer to get a match if people can get done with a prestige level so much quicker. It isn't as if there is any incentive at all to play FL once you go up to the max prestige level available for an episode.

So in essence WG are leveraging the mind numbing grind as a lever to get people to pay to skip as much as possible. This means there is actually less incentive for them to rush new maps in or change the mechanics and rewards such that the experience is more enjoyable. Yet another example of WG doing things purely for short term revenue instead of long term revenue and player retention.

It would be so much better for everyone (WG included) if they actually spent more time giving people reasons to want to play rather than reasons to pay to not play. Sadly I do not think this is lesson they will ever learn.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #13 Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:07 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74378 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

You're saying as though it is quick to grind the tank now.

U know how many people simply gave up right from the start looking at the requirements?

Ezz #14 Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:44 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 14 August 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

U know how many people simply gave up right from the start looking at the requirements?

I did. Then they happened to drop the x2 prestige on a week i had off. And even if the whole lot isn't the goal, people could still try to squeeze out the shorter grind to an emil 51 which in all honesty probably has more utility than the AE1.

CardinalMite #15 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:27 PM

Captain

• 29009 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 14 August 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

You're saying as though it is quick to grind the tank now.

It depends.... if you are one if the people that have consistently played the episodes (and especially got ahead during the x2 week) then it is going to be. relatively quick to grind the tank now.

My original plan was that I was only really interested in the Emil 1951 and if the x2 week had not happened I would have probably not bothered beyond doing Just enough to get that.

Now with the free boosters and the fact I got to max prestige for the episodes since then, I guess I might as well stick it out because the play time required is not that much now.

But if you missed x2 I'd go with Ezz's  plan. 

Edited by CardinalMite, 15 August 2019 - 06:59 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

TheBudgiesmuggler #16 Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:36 AM

Staff sergeant

• 28356 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

I'm half thru prestige 7 so hopefully 10 hours of free double pts should push me to atleast finish prestige 9 with two more weeks to finish prestige 10... that's the plan

in theory lol

Profanisaurus #17 Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:49 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Three more. After this there are September, October and November windows.

CardinalMite #18 Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:15 AM

Captain

• 29009 battles

They should gave given better tank token rewards for the first 3 episodes. The later ranks  give you loads so if you stuck it out this long then you might as well continue. The trick was to encourage people to get that far.

This is where the lack of another map and the lack of timely addressing of the map & tank meta balance early on really hurt everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users