Steelhunter Feedback

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Chewmatca #1 Posted 28 August 2019 - 05:21 AM

Staff sergeant

• 16143 battles
  • [RNS] RNS

Instead of feeling like an edgy new mode it feels like a sodomized halloween mode (also junk).

This could have been fun and fast paced, instead its dreary and morbid. Cant be bothered playing.

[edited] is permanent fog about? its crap. No other game that uses has fog, or is this to improve "performance" of the dinosaur engine?

And then there is "select your position" - what kind of shortcut was this. Parachuting in is ACTUALLY a necessary mechanic for the ring of death games.

Crayon Scribblers as designers again.

RainbowAssassin #2 Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:39 AM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 38254 battles
  • [P__C] P__C

How do you suggest the game could be more fast paced? I think the pace is fast enough. For a tank game especially, the tanks at least can't be any faster, then you may as well play a car racing battle royale cmonbruh.Permanent fog is to make it harder to find people, in other BR's you need to use your eyes, in WoT theres a map and enemies light up, if it continued to just light up enemies it would be really easy to know where people are and not true to other games in the genre, the fog makes it more important to look around and not just be told where everyone is.

Then for the select position, I also wish there was some sort of full map choice where you "spawn" in relation to seeing others choose, such as "parachuting". I think there could be something added where you have a birds eye view under your tank and you rocket towards the ground like a meteor with other players and smash into the ground wherever. Although remember many people play this on computers that might not be able to handle this. There are also other questions like what to do when waiting for people to load in,  where does your screen start when you start "parachuting"/falling, do you all start together and pan out or is there a "plane" lol.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A, E100

Vindictus_Maximus #3 Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:49 AM

Corporal

• 5757 battles

I got to say that the mode is pretty good.

It is a mix of  nervous hide and seek, and then intense 1vs1 fight to the death. And those 1vs1 brawls are winner-take-all, it is humiliating to get owned and immensely satisfying to come out on top.

I am mainly a LT and fast med player, have not done CWs in a long time, so it has been a long time where I have been in situations where I have to angle my armor, hit weak spots, knowing that an error could mean death in an even fight against another player.

It way outside my comfort zone, playing LTs has made me lazy in hand-to-hand combat, meaningn I am not that great a player in this mode, so I find it very exciting and intense - I can only play it for an hour and need a break.

I like it. I think they should have an event like this three or four times a year.

Napalmer #4 Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:51 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 48022 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/473119944

Is this fast paced enough for you?

Edited by Napalmer, 28 August 2019 - 11:51 AM.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:59 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75813 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

I like the new vision cone + faster disappearance.

If they introduce this to the base game, might make LT more useful.

But fast disappearance makes it harder for the bots in your team to shoot at whatever u spotted. So for things like TD, they need to stay lit for 30 seconds.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 28 August 2019 - 12:03 PM.

RainbowAssassin #6 Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:49 PM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 38254 battles
  • [P__C] P__C

View PostNapalmer, on 28 August 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/473119944

Is this fast paced enough for you?

lol well played.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A, E100

Puggsley #7 Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• 68638 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 28 August 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

I got to say that the mode is pretty good.

It is a mix of  nervous hide and seek, and then intense 1vs1 fight to the death. And those 1vs1 brawls are winner-take-all, it is humiliating to get owned and immensely satisfying to come out on top.

I am mainly a LT and fast med player, have not done CWs in a long time, so it has been a long time where I have been in situations where I have to angle my armor, hit weak spots, knowing that an error could mean death in an even fight against another player.

It way outside my comfort zone, playing LTs has made me lazy in hand-to-hand combat, meaningn I am not that great a player in this mode, so I find it very exciting and intense - I can only play it for an hour and need a break.

I like it. I think they should have an event like this three or four times a year.

Man I in angle in everything, even arty at the end of the game!

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #8 Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:25 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75813 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Worth it

HoPeY_ #9 Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:00 AM

Major

• 100938 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 28 August 2019 - 11:25 PM, said:

Worth it

We helping others look good :P

I like the mode, quick rewards, fun play style. I hope they make use of the map.

mttspiii #10 Posted 29 August 2019 - 01:20 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Sick of it. Just when I manage to get 1 level up in rank, I get a string of first-to-die battles because I just can't win 1v1 fights, nor can I somehow outrun the Flammen in my USA tank. Just can't survive, just can't survive at all. Thrice have I gotten to rank 4 before I managed to attract a swarm of coordinated players who boxed me in and decided that I'd make as a good 1st death in the game. In Solo.

Tired of this shit.

Managed to give myself a bad case of hiccups from the severe artery-busting rage I got in this game mode.

Edited by mttspiii, 29 August 2019 - 01:22 AM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Twit_ #11 Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:01 AM

Sergeant

• 18612 battles
  • [P__C] P__C

The beauty about this mode is that with no team on your side, you have nobody to blame but yourself for losing chevrons.... as it should be in any ranked mode. Platooning makes winning easier, I grinded out the 25 ranks in the first day mainly platooning after a couple tries solo.

My record: 18 Wins, 93 destroyed, and 52 battles. +/- a couple since I played 4 games for fun after my mates finished the grind.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #12 Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:52 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75813 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Platooning gives net +15 chevrons to all players per battle vs +10 chev for solo

Vindictus_Maximus #13 Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:16 AM

Corporal

• 5757 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 29 August 2019 - 01:20 AM, said:

Sick of it. Just when I manage to get 1 level up in rank, I get a string of first-to-die battles because I just can't win 1v1 fights

I initially sucked at this mode too, because I was going for the win and getting into fights.

What I dis in the end was choose Red Dawn, and with each new tier choose mobility - radio - engine as my first three choices. Once you get the upgraded gun then stop further upgrades because you become a heavy tank and lose your speed

And constantly use the radio to find out where the enemy is and run in the opposite direction. And just keep running and hiding and dont fight. you can spend a lot of time in the yellow zone, and in extreme cases you have 15 seconds in the red zone before you take damage.

Doing it this way i have reached rank 15 after 31 battles. Most vehicles destroyed in a battle - 1. A typical battle below ( a single shot fired)

IGTfzGD.jpg

I am a light tank player mainly, and find 1vs1 brawls primitive and uncivilized. So I play this mode in the Light Tank style and it works well. Most battles I dont even fire a single shot.

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 29 August 2019 - 07:23 AM.

Puggsley #14 Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:35 AM

Captain

• 68638 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostTwit_, on 29 August 2019 - 05:01 AM, said:

The beauty about this mode is that with no team on your side, you have nobody to blame but yourself for losing chevrons.... as it should be in any ranked mode. 

Well besides the "teams".......

__Emerald__ #15 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:42 AM

Corporal

• 21500 battles
  • [VPA] VPA
[edited] steel hunter and battle royale in general. All is luck. Not even 1 [edited] skill required. Gain some chevrons then get rushed early game then lose all progress. Not to mention some mofo team up in pub. Like who the literal [edited] record videos every time they play. The game mode make you feel like you are a dog tossed in a cage to fight with other dog till dead. Egoistic and Luck dependant so [edited] off

Edited by __Emerald__, 30 August 2019 - 12:52 AM.

Am i super unicum now OwO?

AlexTheKid72 #16 Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:09 AM

Sergeant

• 23014 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

I am [edited] sick of rolling round a corner to see two or three [edited] tanks working together in individual mode.

Random [edited] spawns seems to be the only in-game thought to stop this, but with the official contact point of WarGaming (Discord) it doesn't take geniuses to group up. Let's face it, they're smarter than the Dev's who didn't forsee a game with huge emphasis on teamwork (lol) having issues with collusion in an individual based mode.
Remove the losing chevron's, this just adds salt to the [edited] wound when you cannot even report the [edited] unless you're a streamer!

Win a couple, get gangraped by exploiters next game ..... then get [edited] by WarGaming with no support.....fun.

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 30 August 2019 - 01:10 AM.

FramFramson #17 Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:18 AM

Major

• 43655 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Boy this sure sounds like a fun new game mode I'll totally be playing!

Even Nappa's video, hilarious as it is, seems to be a testament to the, ah, "balance" of the mode.

I DO find it quite funny that WG did finally find a way to genuinely encourage real teamwork though. :D

And I hope the map sees life in something more worthwhile.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

mttspiii #18 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:06 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 29 August 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

I initially sucked at this mode too, because I was going for the win and getting into fights.

What I dis in the end was choose Red Dawn, and with each new tier choose mobility - radio - engine as my first three choices. Once you get the upgraded gun then stop further upgrades because you become a heavy tank and lose your speed

And constantly use the radio to find out where the enemy is and run in the opposite direction. And just keep running and hiding and dont fight. you can spend a lot of time in the yellow zone, and in extreme cases you have 15 seconds in the red zone before you take damage.

Doing it this way i have reached rank 15 after 31 battles. Most vehicles destroyed in a battle - 1. A typical battle below ( a single shot fired)

What makes Red Dawn LT work is that it gets a decently-armored hull against lvl 1-4 enemies, and a decently-armored turret even against lvl 5-max fights. And has the speed to get away.

In comparison, Flammen LT has the paper-thin RU251 turret, and the RSnake LT has similarly worse turret armor. A camper in a lvl 1 tank can still take a big chunk of your health if you drove a Flammen LT or RSnake LT, while in RDawn LT they're just free lunch for you.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Puggsley #19 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:11 PM

Captain

• 68638 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Russian version, US version and German version.

Did it really need much thought at all about which one was going to be best?

SLAV_ROBIN #20 Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:42 PM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 29835 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 30 August 2019 - 05:09 AM, said:

I am [edited] sick of rolling round a corner to see two or three [edited] tanks working together in individual mode.

Random [edited] spawns seems to be the only in-game thought to stop this, but with the official contact point of WarGaming (Discord) it doesn't take geniuses to group up. Let's face it, they're smarter than the Dev's who didn't forsee a game with huge emphasis on teamwork (lol) having issues with collusion in an individual based mode.
Remove the losing chevron's, this just adds salt to the [edited] wound when you cannot even report the [edited] unless you're a streamer!

Win a couple, get gangraped by exploiters next game ..... then get [edited] by WarGaming with no support.....fun.

maybe you need a word with some of your clanmates. sadly i run a potato so screen capture is negatory but i do have screenshots of your discord server/the end results. and i ended up dying in a rather ironic situation

so i figure this might help you shed some nrth  Light on the Stinky subject for me :)

Spoiler

wanna explain that one? :hiding:

Edited by SLAV_ROBIN, 30 August 2019 - 04:43 PM.

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users