Cromwell B

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

_Sp4rtacus_ #1 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:29 AM

Sergeant

• 11964 battles

Got the Bromwell B

Put vents , rammer and optics on BUT Cause the things so damn fast , as faster or faster than a scout i have changed the vents for a camo net , simply because i dont see the point of getting so far up the battle field to die because of being spotted , waiting for the heavies etc to catch up .

So im gonna try Camo net , rammer and optics to see if i can do more stealth damage .

Thoughts ?

Profanisaurus #2 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:32 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Nope.

Gun is too inaccurate to snipe. Go fast, smash up enemy meds, run away.

Edited by Profanisaurus, 29 August 2019 - 11:32 AM.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Ezz #3 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:33 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72315 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Or you could learn the maps, where to go and not to go, and not get yourself isolated. Using a crombie (or normal one) passively is wasting one of the best meds in the tier.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

U12D13 #4 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:56 AM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 43305 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI
CromB:
Use rammer, vents and coated optics.

Its fast, so you can use it to challenge key positions in which you can catch and kill other light tanks that try contesting it (eg the hill in mines). You should NOT count on its camo, expecially when firing. Your main task is to use the good view range to get early active spots on the enemy team (damage should be done by the slower stuff on your team) and contest early ket positions that no other Medium can get to effectively. Counter their aggressive lights. Mid game is about repositioning and keeping up the damage dealt. Late game is about using mobility to mop up. Remember that this tank has no effecive armor and relies greatly on its mobility and good view range to outplay its opponents. DPM is also a strong suit but should not be used with sacrificing too much hp in early game. Know your limits (fighting lights and taking some damage is okay, yoloing a KV2 that has backup is not).

Recommended Crew skills:
Sixth sense
BiA
Snap shot + smooth ride (to counter the poor gun dispersion)
Situational awareness + Recon
Camouflage (etc go from there)

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [FUNI] family! Weekly Strongholds and CWs~ Now recruiting!

HoPeY_ #5 Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:56 AM

Major

• 104450 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX
Crommie is Vents, Rammer, Optics/GLD.

Puggsley #6 Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

Major

• 74761 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

Putting a camo net on the CrommBie is like putting silver on a vampire.

Controlled impact, learn your escape routes and own enemy scouts. Coming across an enemy Type 64 will be a joyous thing. 

Ezz #7 Posted 29 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72315 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 29 August 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Putting a camo net on the CrommBie is like putting silver on a vampire.

Controlled impact, learn your escape routes and own enemy scouts. Coming across an enemy Type 64 will be a joyous thing. 

You should see what coming across a setter is like. Sadly i haven't found many of them. I get the feeling most people have already decided yeah nah on that line.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Sp4rtacus_ #8 Posted 29 August 2019 - 01:40 PM

Sergeant

• 11964 battles

View PostU12D13, on 29 August 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

CromB:
Use rammer, vents and coated optics.

Its fast, so you can use it to challenge key positions in which you can catch and kill other light tanks that try contesting it (eg the hill in mines). You should NOT count on its camo, expecially when firing. Your main task is to use the good view range to get early active spots on the enemy team (damage should be done by the slower stuff on your team) and contest early ket positions that no other Medium can get to effectively. Counter their aggressive lights. Mid game is about repositioning and keeping up the damage dealt. Late game is about using mobility to mop up. Remember that this tank has no effecive armor and relies greatly on its mobility and good view range to outplay its opponents. DPM is also a strong suit but should not be used with sacrificing too much hp in early game. Know your limits (fighting lights and taking some damage is okay, yoloing a KV2 that has backup is not).

Recommended Crew skills:
Sixth sense
BiA
Snap shot + smooth ride (to counter the poor gun dispersion)
Situational awareness + Recon
Camouflage (etc go from there)

Thankyou all for your responses , i will persist with vents , rammer and optics 

Puggsley #9 Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:24 PM

Major

• 74761 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

I'd probably recommend repairs ahead of camo if you are planning on being aggressive in it. 

You will be up close and personal with enemy scouts so you will be lit regardless of camo values, and repair will let you get out of trouble much faster particularly if you decide to go ramming. Otherwise manage your repair kit and only go in when its off cooldown. 

Angus775n #10 Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:31 PM

Sergeant

• 66022 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

Best use of the gun is up close and personal, use it to spot, hit and run.

If the other teams lt come chasing, ram them :-)

Angus775n #11 Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:33 PM

Sergeant

• 66022 battles
  • [PRC] PRC
Oh and don't forget the gun depression over the rear of the tank is laughable

U12D13 #12 Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:59 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• 43305 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI

View PostPuggsley, on 29 August 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

I'd probably recommend repairs ahead of camo if you are planning on being aggressive in it. 

You will be up close and personal with enemy scouts so you will be lit regardless of camo values, and repair will let you get out of trouble much faster particularly if you decide to go ramming. Otherwise manage your repair kit and only go in when its off cooldown. 

Actually yeah. For newer players go with repairs first. Makes it less skill dependent on knowing when to use that repair kit and is more forgiving during boo-boos. 

Camo is more of mid-late game matters when your hp and spotting game is more important. Not many croms even make it to this point of the game because of mistakes that get them killed easily. 

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [FUNI] family! Weekly Strongholds and CWs~ Now recruiting!

__Emerald__ #13 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:49 AM

Corporal

• 27052 battles
  • [-TVN-] -TVN-
Cromwell B is overrated and it has one hell of a shit gun; you move a bit and your gun bloom like KV 2 on the move, every time the tank got hit your commander, gunner instantly get knocked out, ammo rack broke. If you want play correctly buy rammer, optic and vent + food. Or buy T-34-85M and start killing some noobs in pub

How to get better at the game (。•́︿•̀。) ? 

Puggsley #14 Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:07 AM

Major

• 74761 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View Post__Emerald__, on 30 August 2019 - 02:49 AM, said:

Cromwell B is overrated and it has one hell of a shit gun; you move a bit and your gun bloom like KV 2 on the move, every time the tank got hit your commander, gunner instantly get knocked out, ammo rack broke. If you want play correctly buy rammer, optic and vent + food. Or buy T-34-85M and start killing some noobs in pub

Apparently its more over-rated than the 907.......

jumphonner #15 Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:24 AM

First lieutenant

• 60291 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
Both are great tanks.

View Post__Emerald__, on 30 August 2019 - 02:49 AM, said:

Yeah, I hate those 63% win rate tanks. Just awful.

Though it is hard to snort at the 60% win rate I have in the 34-85M

Both are great tanks.

Infamous BOT, Seal Clubber, Stat Padder and Skrublord. Mates of the Corrupt and The Sage of Asia ™.

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

Occasionally seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

https://www.twitch.tv/jumphonner

_Sp4rtacus_ #16 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

Sergeant

• 11964 battles

View Postjumphonner, on 30 August 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

Both are great tanks.

Yeah, I hate those 63% win rate tanks. Just awful.

Though it is hard to snort at the 60% win rate I have in the 34-85M

Both are great tanks.

Yes good comment , i have the  T-34-85M also , the Cromwell , is not much different than the T-34-85M just a tad faster . might have to put on a repair kit as i can see me having to ram alot in this tank to finish them off , armor is fragile .

That will teach me , watching quickybaby's review of tanks , he talked it up real good .

I did get 2 kills in a tier V-VII game last night , one against Churchill another speeding up behind a TD .

So its a matter of learning what its strengths are , but i wouldnt recommend getting one to my 5 yr old self :facepalm:

P.S by repairs u mean a repair kit ?

Edited by _Sp4rtacus_, 30 August 2019 - 11:02 AM.

Puggsley #17 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:43 AM

Major

• 74761 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

No not the repair kit, the repair skill. It is more important than camo skill if you are going to be aggressive and do things like ram. 

You will repair your tracks faster, and even 100% camo skill will be useless if you are actively hunting enemy scouts, you will be spotted even with camo.

There is a fair bit of difference between the Crommie and the T34-85. Crommie relies on its mobility to flank and find/kill isolated tanks with DPM.

T34-85 has better armour and higher alpha, it is more of a trading/bully tank. You work off hard cover during reload and then take a chunk of health. It still has reasonable mobility but not anything like the Crommie.  

_Sp4rtacus_ #18 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:55 PM

Sergeant

• 11964 battles

I got  it with BIA all crew members and chose sixth sense over repairs , Clutch barking , situational awareness and safe stowage , so repairs will have to be my next skill .

In saying that , what good is a repair kit then ? A second or 2 faster repair ?

Thanks for input .

So i'll go back to rammer , vents and optics for now . Or would i be better off with spall liner , rammer and optics , because of its thin armor ?

Edited by _Sp4rtacus_, 30 August 2019 - 01:09 PM.

Mothballed #19 Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:09 PM

Corporal

• 14982 battles
  • [7ACAV] 7ACAV

The repair skill means that your crew can repair your tank faster when a module is damaged than they would without the skill.

The Repair Kit means you repair a damaged module when you use it, (or multiple modules if you use a Large Repair Kit)

The repair skill on your crew is handy to repair your damaged modules when your repair kit is on cooldown (or you forget to pack one).

Edited by Mothballed, 30 August 2019 - 02:10 PM.

U12D13 #20 Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:22 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• 43305 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI
Repair skill will increase the repair rate of damaged modules (like tracks) so you are looking at 50% increased repair speed with a full 100% repair skill on all crew members.

Repair kit, as others mentioned, is a consumable that instantly repairs your selected module.

No point taking spall liner as it only affects non-direct, non-penetrating HE hits (splashes) and scales according to armor thickness for the ramming portion. (Aka, best on thick armor, useless on thin skins)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users