Can T34-85M be matched with tier 5

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Di_inferi #1 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:00 PM

Private

• 3151 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

Wargaming wiki says that it can only be matched with tier 6 and above and I wondered if that happened to be a typo

Edit: how is it performing in the current game version?

Edited by SythNek, 29 August 2019 - 05:05 PM.

Ezz #2 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:02 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

It can see 5s. Do you have a link to the wiki are you looking at?

Edit: actually cancel that, i see what you mean. It goes back a while, but for some reason use a system called 'battle tiers' that differ from the actual tank tier. A battle tier 6 can include tier 5s (and used to include tier 4s even).

Edited by Ezz, 29 August 2019 - 05:08 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Di_inferi #3 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:06 PM

Private

• 3151 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

View PostEzz, on 29 August 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

It can see 5s. Do you have a link to the wiki are you looking at?

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:R108_T34_85M

Ezz #4 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:09 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSythNek, on 29 August 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

Yep, and sorry for late edit, as above, it's basically WG's battle tiers that are different to tank tiers. So tier 5s will have battle tiers of 5,6,7, hence there is overlap in battle tiers that a tier 5 and the 3485m have so they can see each other.

Edited by Ezz, 29 August 2019 - 05:10 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

U12D13 #5 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:09 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 39590 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
It can be matched according to +/-2 MM. The wiki shows the worst permutation of MM it can be in, rather than full band range (so it shows the +2).

Currently tied with Cromwell B in terms of being a meta tank for strongholds etc. One of the strongest tier 6 premiums with better DPM than its other 34-85 clones and armor of a T-43. Competitive speed also a bonus but view range is slightly poorer than average for mediums.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

Di_inferi #6 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:17 PM

Private

• 3151 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

View PostEzz, on 29 August 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Yep, and sorry for late edit, as above, it's basically WG's battle tiers that are different to tank tiers. So tier 5s will have battle tiers of 5,6,7, hence there is overlap in battle tiers that a tier 5 and the 3485m have so they can see each other.

just bought it. what crew skills (and equipments) would you recommend?

tnx for suggestion & in advance

Edited by SythNek, 29 August 2019 - 05:20 PM.

Di_inferi #7 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:18 PM

Private

• 3151 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

View PostU12D13, on 29 August 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

It can be matched according to +/-2 MM. The wiki shows the worst permutation of MM it can be in, rather than full band range (so it shows the +2).

Currently tied with Cromwell B in terms of being a meta tank for strongholds etc. One of the strongest tier 6 premiums with better DPM than its other 34-85 clones and armor of a T-43. Competitive speed also a bonus but view range is slightly poorer than average for mediums.

tnx for explaining

Ezz #8 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:26 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Equipment, probably optics vents rammer - that's my usual mid tier med set up. Tho if you're still learning vision, you could probably swap out the optics for a GLD and use it as more of a close quarter brawler.

Vindictus_Maximus #9 Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:38 PM

Corporal

• 5747 battles

I would scrap the Gun Rammer for Gun laying drive for the Cromwell. The reload time is not the problem with that tank, it is the horrible gun and massively long aim time. After playing  it for a while, many will do anything to improve the gun handling, losing 0.3second reload time to lower the aimtime from 2.22 to 1.96 is worth it.

And run food. To truly enjoy the CromwellB you need to buff it as much as possible, buy a tier8 tank if you want to make credits.

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 29 August 2019 - 05:38 PM.

U12D13 #10 Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 39590 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 29 August 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

I would scrap the Gun Rammer for Gun laying drive for the Cromwell. The reload time is not the problem with that tank, it is the horrible gun and massively long aim time. After playing  it for a while, many will do anything to improve the gun handling, losing 0.3second reload time to lower the aimtime from 2.22 to 1.96 is worth it.

And run food. To truly enjoy the CromwellB you need to buff it as much as possible, buy a tier8 tank if you want to make credits.

T-34-85M is the topic at hand but yeah....

Personally for T-34-85M I run Vents, Rammer and Optics (Coated if your crew is good, Binos if its a meh crew). GLD kind of useless because you need to be completely still for it to be in effect, so unless u are sniping (in a well armored medium? ) I suggest otherwise. 

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

Ezz #11 Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:42 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

To be honest, the easiest way to enjoy the cromwell is just adapt to its gun characteristics - ie don't wait to be fully aimed for first shot. Take it at roughly half aimed. By the time it's fully aimed you'll have a second shell ready anyway, and being the middle tiers you'll normally get a few shots before half the players react anyway. That or just get in close where you'll hit most anyway, hence rammer makes more sense.

The 34 85m can be played similarly but again, worrying about aim time suggests you might be playing it a bit too passively.

View PostU12D13, on 29 August 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

GLD kind of useless because you need to be completely still for it to be in effect, so unless u are sniping (in a well armored medium? ) I suggest otherwise. 

Not actually completely true. They affect aim time. So in cases such as when you slow down, the rate of aim spread reduction is improved there too. It's mostly in cases where a vstab is possible that it is out and out not worth it. But where there are tanks with fairly high moving dispersion that basically need to slow / stop anyway (eg crom / 34/85m) it can help in that reduction phase.

Tho as above, i'd always be running optics vents rammer.

Angmar_ #12 Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:15 AM

Corporal

• 20612 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-

View PostEzz, on 29 August 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

Not actually completely true. They affect aim time. So in cases such as when you slow down, the rate of aim spread reduction is improved there too. It's mostly in cases where a vstab is possible that it is out and out not worth it. But where there are tanks with fairly high moving dispersion that basically need to slow / stop anyway (eg crom / 34/85m) it can help in that reduction phase.

Don't you need to be stationary for the GLD to kick in ?

mttspiii #13 Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostAngmar_, on 02 September 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

Don't you need to be stationary for the GLD to kick in ?

Surprisingly, no. It just so happens that EGLD's effect is maximized when stationary, but any aiming (from turret rotation, hull rotation, moving at R or RR speeds) is improved with EGLD.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users