• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

JayRated #1 Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:01 PM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 3719 battles
  • [WG] WG

G'day mates,

So while the Forums have long been a place to celebrate positivity, optimism, and the tireless work of your friendly neighborhood WeeGees (lol), recently there have been some themes to the conversations that I'd like to address. One of which is the lack of attention I and other staff/mods have paid to the forums (which is fair), and another is the idea that Wargaming Asia do nothing for their community (which is not).

With that in mind, I'd like to combat both of those notions by opening the floor to a Forum-focused AMA, where I will aim to launch one of these threads every so often to ensure your questions, comments and concerns can be heard and answered in real time on your preferred platform.

I'll set these threads up the day before the actual AMA so you guys have a decent chance to ask a question, then I will spend the majority of the following day responding to them; first in order of popularity (comments with the most reputation), followed by chronological order.

Depending on how well this goes, I hope to do them much more regularly in future. For those who don't know me, I am a publisher, not a developer; so while I don't balance tanks, design maps, or decide which premiums are sold, I will do my best to answer to you all openly, honestly, and actively.

Responding from tomorrow (Friday the 6th of September) morning onwards. See you then!

- JR

IMC_Jezza #2 Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:49 PM

First lieutenant

• 39182 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Great work Jay, good to hear, now where's my friendship bracelet homie? :D 

(I can't eggplant on here, but it would have received at least 5 eggplants if I could!)   <3

Profanisaurus #3 Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:14 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Jay. I know you can't answer all of these but if you can raise the points higher up the chain or at least acknowledge the issues exist.

1. What is happening with Battle Buddies? Can we get them removed altogether please?  Keeping them as historical is pointless now they have been left accumulating since 1.6

2. Have H/O realised the error of their ways in not including repays for Steel hunter?
3. The sea of low tier bots that were B2ing and are now BT7a (ing) is there an algorithm that could be made to find these?

4. Offensive usernames. Would it not be possible to get staff to (say a couple of times a week) to run a query to find the key phrases and words that result in a name violation?
5. Could we get some regular update (even a summary) of actions taken against suiciding players?  The numbers have grown again which does suggest a shortage of impacts for those doing it.

6. Can we get the fault tool changed so I can see all the information I enter?  If I raise a request I can't see the details I enter when I initially raise it. I've never seen that from a CRM tool.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Twit_ #4 Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• 18751 battles
  • [P__C] P__C

Hi :)

1. What is happening to RNG on penetration, aiming, and dmg rolls? It's nice for noob protection when you have a heavy in the open with no awareness and your fully aimed shots do not hit/pen but not for promoting any sort of skilled gameplay.

2. Are corridor maps being changed or are new ones being introduced to the game. I think more people would be satisfied with actual balance changes rather than the creation of new content. That goes not only for maps but also for tanks.

3. When is the 279(e) armour nerf occurring? Or just never  :) 

4. What is happening to the addition of competitive tournaments/competition for end game players. Things like the Skirmish Cup would be nice to see happening more regularly - GM seasonal tourneys are boring because you have to play on a map with little competition and little reward to play in the first place. Other things like damage farming contests for a particular tank would also be nice. Right now all there is in end game content to play for is Campaigns, Advances and clan tournaments.

5. Will there be an improved attempt to bring anz players to play on the anz server? Tier X games do not happen frequently and high tier gameplay sees people timing out more often - and crying 'dead game'. Sad.

6. Is there going to be a bond shop before the end of this year?

7. When is the special battle window going to revamped to allow people to ping on the map like you do in advances?

8. Will the forum interface be ever updated? Part of the reason why discord is prevalent is due to the simple design and ease of use. The forums still feel like a Windows 2010 application, and have some useless features ([edited] is a Coub.com video????)

Tanks m8 :B 

The mindset you need to improve

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVEN WHEN YOU OF IN THE COLD FOOD OF OUT HOT EAT THE FOOD 

Napalmer #5 Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:33 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 48180 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
What's your favourite colour, JayRated? :hiding:

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Ezz #6 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:01 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69166 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Any insight into the cancellation of ranked battles, then a rather sudden 'it's all good, they're back on'?

Related but guessing it'll be a reach, but any chance of raising the idea of choice between RB reward (german med) and FL (US heavy) between the two modes - similar to choice for CW rewards.

Word is that there are a lot of ANZ players who play on HK presumably because there aren't enough players to get battles on ANZ. Is WG working on anything that could help shift people across? Does this impact any other clusters (guessing if not then we may be stuck with it)?

Anecdotally a lot of people (not just me) have been having issues with routing to the HK server of late. In the past WG support would contact ISPs that were having issues and were able to get some good outcomes. That approach seems to have stopped (i was told to just play on ANZ). Is there any hope of revisiting the previous approach of support making efforts to improve routing?

There's a raft of balance issues but i doubt it's worth going over them again as noted by you, you aren't on the balance side of things. Suffice to say if there's anything possible in the 'so what's on the player's mind?' discussions feel free to jump in with the various balance issues that have crept into the game in the past few years.

Beyond that, EGGPLANT!

Edited by Ezz, 05 September 2019 - 09:11 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Flying_Elite #7 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:27 PM

Always blame Hema!

• 30227 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostEzz, on 05 September 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Anecdotally a lot of people (not just me) have been having issues with routing to the HK server of late. In the past WG support would contact ISPs that were having issues and were able to get some good outcomes. That approach seems to have stopped (i was told to just play on ANZ). Is there any hope of revisiting the previous approach of support making efforts to improve routing?

This was discussed in Cairns actually and the answer that I was given was that as soon as a route is fixed/changed it will screw up another route because while some ISP's are ok, they (the ISP's) do not want to pay for the extra high speed routes as it would cut into their profits. So WG will do what they can from their end but at the end of the day it's the ISP's that are actively screwing over your connection because it comes down to money, so would it would be a better option to play on ANZ because you wouldn't have to deal with this issue. 

Spoiler

Ezz #8 Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:58 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69166 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFlying_Elite, on 05 September 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

This was discussed in Cairns actually and the answer that I was given was that as soon as a route is fixed/changed it will screw up another route because while some ISP's are ok, they (the ISP's) do not want to pay for the extra high speed routes as it would cut into their profits. So WG will do what they can from their end but at the end of the day it's the ISP's that are actively screwing over your connection because it comes down to money, so would it would be a better option to play on ANZ because you wouldn't have to deal with this issue. 

So the question then becomes - is this a new thing for HK (ie limited 'good' connections to the server)? My connection had been basically as good as SG for months, then went to shit.

Is it something WG has any way of improving by talking to whomever controls the routes or changing their own provider? (guessing the answer again will again be about cash)

Do WG monitor numbers of players by ISP and hence look to create preferences of 'good' routes based on numbers of players on those ISPs? Is this information they can give us, ie which ISPs get the better routing? Granted not everyone will be able to change but for some it might be an option. Naturally also this issue goes beyond ANZ players. I gather players from all over the place have on and off issues with HK.

And yes the whole 'play on ANZ' is a great solution... for a few hours a day and basically only for pubs. Hence the above question about what WG may be doing to try to improve the prospects of play on ANZ.

Edited by Ezz, 05 September 2019 - 11:00 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

JayRated #9 Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:44 AM

• Administrator
  • 3719 battles
  • [WG] WG
Bruce Alrighty, let's get this party started.

JayRated #10 Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:47 AM

• Administrator
  • 3719 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostJezzalenko1978, on 05 September 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

Great work Jay, good to hear, now where's my friendship bracelet homie? :D 

(I can't eggplant on here, but it would have received at least 5 eggplants if I could!)   <3

Friendship bracelets are in the works! Found the style we want to use, designing the branding for them and hoping to get a small batch produced before Christmas!

Sadly, no eggplants will feature on the bracelets. :trollface:

HoPeY_ #11 Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:00 AM

Major

• 101254 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

Why was tier 8 CW dropped without what appeared to be any discussion or forewarning? Can we have it back please.

As mentioned issue of pings to server seems to have been swept under the carpet and blamed on individuals ISP's. There seems 4 paths into the actual HK server, why are the results different?

Can we concentrate on new clan growth and not rewarding top clans? Evening out rewards needs to be a priority. We do not need more rewards/events just for the few... Aim for growth...

Why after years of talk have crew skills not been redone and new players given 6th sense?

Well done for acknowledging that you have performed poorly. Now if you don't know answers, please ask those who know and not just give lip service.

JayRated #12 Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:13 AM

• Administrator
  • 3719 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostProfanisaurus, on 05 September 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

Jay. I know you can't answer all of these but if you can raise the points higher up the chain or at least acknowledge the issues exist.

1. What is happening with Battle Buddies? Can we get them removed altogether please?  Keeping them as historical is pointless now they have been left accumulating since 1.6

2. Have H/O realised the error of their ways in not including repays for Steel hunter?
3. The sea of low tier bots that were B2ing and are now BT7a (ing) is there an algorithm that could be made to find these?

4. Offensive usernames. Would it not be possible to get staff to (say a couple of times a week) to run a query to find the key phrases and words that result in a name violation?
5. Could we get some regular update (even a summary) of actions taken against suiciding players?  The numbers have grown again which does suggest a shortage of impacts for those doing it.

6. Can we get the fault tool changed so I can see all the information I enter?  If I raise a request I can't see the details I enter when I initially raise it. I've never seen that from a CRM tool.

No worries Prof, will give it my best shot.

1. This feedback has been shared since the 1.6 update. At this stage I'm not sure what H/Q are planning to do with them but I know they are aware of the feedback.

2. I certainly hope so. Unfortunately this has been the case with game modes in the past such as Dark Front and the previous iteration of battle royale, however obviously the meta game of a Halloween mode/weekend long BR event can't be manipulated to the same degree that Steel Hunter can. We made it very clear in our initial feedback on the mode that the lack of replays made it significantly more difficult to moderate, especially considering we had to encourage players to assist us.

3. Well aware of these. Thankfully the puppeteer's access to the B2s he was loading on these accounts has been cut off, but unfortunately my persistence in deleting all of his accounts has not dissuaded him from making more. At this time it's still a manual sweep kind of process as he's making the accounts sporadically, but I'm working with our CS team to develop an automatic response to the problem.

4. I wish it were that easy, but not only can pre-determined parameters be exploited quite easily, the multicultural nature of our beautiful community means that words that are completely normal in one community can be translated or read as an incredibly offensive term in another. So the short answer is we still have to action a lot of name violations on a case by case basis, but you can easily report an offensive IGN by simply contacting a moderator or WG staff member - no need to submit a ticket!

5. It's difficult for us to publicly share the punishments players receive for being reported because it's actually a breach of the privacy rights you agree to in the EULA. But I will do a fresh audit of the rules I instated regarding suiciding players and share some top line statistics if possible. Regarding a summary of the sanctions taken towards these users, it follows the same escalation process as most other gameplay violations: 1 day/3 days/7 days/30 days/Perma

6. Not completely sure what you're referring to here - are you talking about the in-game system or submitting a ticket? PM me some screenshots so I can get on your wavelength. :)

JayRated #13 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:08 AM

• Administrator
  • 3719 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostTwit_, on 05 September 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

Hi :)

1. What is happening to RNG on penetration, aiming, and dmg rolls? It's nice for noob protection when you have a heavy in the open with no awareness and your fully aimed shots do not hit/pen but not for promoting any sort of skilled gameplay.

2. Are corridor maps being changed or are new ones being introduced to the game. I think more people would be satisfied with actual balance changes rather than the creation of new content. That goes not only for maps but also for tanks.

3. When is the 279(e) armour nerf occurring? Or just never  :) 

4. What is happening to the addition of competitive tournaments/competition for end game players. Things like the Skirmish Cup would be nice to see happening more regularly - GM seasonal tourneys are boring because you have to play on a map with little competition and little reward to play in the first place. Other things like damage farming contests for a particular tank would also be nice. Right now all there is in end game content to play for is Campaigns, Advances and clan tournaments.

5. Will there be an improved attempt to bring anz players to play on the anz server? Tier X games do not happen frequently and high tier gameplay sees people timing out more often - and crying 'dead game'. Sad.

6. Is there going to be a bond shop before the end of this year?

7. When is the special battle window going to revamped to allow people to ping on the map like you do in advances?

8. Will the forum interface be ever updated? Part of the reason why discord is prevalent is due to the simple design and ease of use. The forums still feel like a Windows 2010 application, and have some useless features ([edited] is a Coub.com video????)

Tanks m8 :B 

Hey Twit, making the most of the opportunity I see. :P

1. As far as I'm aware there are no plans to make changes to RNG, pen, aiming, or damage beyond the premium shell rebalance which is already being re-evaluated after the initial series of closed testing. Given the guys I've played with/against I still think there is quite a few ways to differentiate skilled from unskilled gameplay lol.

2. Did you read the part of my post where I said I don't design maps or balance tanks? Your first three questions are all about map and tank balance hahah. I know that new maps are being developed including older maps still to be given the 1.0 treatment but I don't believe existing corridor maps are being rebalanced to the extent you're asking.

3. Not at this time. While it may seem like an obvious fix, this is a tricky tank to rebalance because given the nature of how its earned. Most players who have (legitimately) earned the tank are of a very high skill level, and thus are playing very well with the tank. I'm not saying that this doesn't mean the tank needs an armour nerf, I'm just saying a significant amount of data needs to be collected on the tank from a broad number of users before something as drastic as a rebalanace needs to be implemented.

4. This is something I was having a conversation about just yesterday. I am pleased to say we are working on both new ways of engaging our competitive players while also facilitating more ways for low-mid level players as well as those not in clans to engage with larger-scale competitive challenges. Yes I know this is a bit of a SoonTM answer but it's absolutely being worked on and you will see much more stuff like this next year.

5. This is something literally think about almost every day, and the fact that my team and I have been working on a solve for pretty much the entire year without much success should tell you how challenging the situation actually is. It's not as simple as adding unique missions or bonuses exclusive to the ANZ server, it's not as simple as forcing the thousands of ANZ players who go straight to HK back onto ANZ. Again, we have pitched a few ideas that have been approved for next year and I'm super excited to start working on them - one of these is specifically focused toward encouraging play on specific tiers. But this problem is not exclusive to ANZ, nor is it exclusive to World of Tanks, it's just one of the joys of managing a low-population server.

6. So if memory serves me correctly the Bonds Shop was originally planned for Update 1.5, which is why such a big song and dance was made about it at WG Fest/early this year. However there have been some critical issues with the feature that have delayed its implementation, and while the aim of course is to still deliver it by the end of the year it's not something I can personally guarantee.

7. Several UX features have been proposed for the coming year which I believe will significantly improve the level of team-based communication that can occur within the default client. Another SoonTM answer I know, but I can't reveal all my secrets. ;)

8. Honestly, probably not. The reason why I've been copping a bit of heat from the Forums is because I haven't been using them that much, but with the exception of a few dedicated users the global Tanks community in general has shifted away from Forums in favour of platforms like Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, and yes, Discord. It's no secret that these hallowed halls could do with a fresh coat of paint and the ability to upload images bigger than three pixels, but the idea that better Forums would bring more people back to them is somewhat of a 'chicken or the egg' debate at this point.

Tanks for your questions! It was my Panzer to answer them. :teethhappy:

JayRated #14 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

• Administrator
  • 3719 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostNapalmer, on 05 September 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

What's your favourite colour, JayRated? :hiding:

Easily the toughest question I'll get today I'm sure.

My favourite colour is blue!

And to spice things up, my top three shades of blue are:

• Electric
  • Royal
  • Powder

Alright m8s, off to lunch. Will be back answering your q's in a hot minute. :)

Puggsley #15 Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:06 AM

Captain

• 69157 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostProfanisaurus, on 05 September 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

BB can be reset in CW. We had a game last night where it got a bit out of control at the end....... Was nice to go blue just for old times sake!

If that ain't a reason to get your clan fired up I don't know what is.

Edited by Puggsley, 06 September 2019 - 11:07 AM.

Profanisaurus #16 Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:12 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Oh Glorious Leader...
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Grey_Wolfe #17 Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:37 AM

Corporal

• 30093 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE

Some questions:

- What is WG doing to promote the game in ANZ and other Asian countries. Exactly what is being invested to expand the player base.

- Feedback, providing elite players with enhanced equipment and superior tanks in its tier only makes the elite player ..... well eliter. Can sort of marginalise a large portion of your active population to not play higher tiers as they stand no hope against an elite player loaded with in-game steroids. Keep it maybe only for competitive modes like rank battles.

- I left the game about a year ago because of the horrible MM template, as I mostly play 8s. The new is awesome never do changes like that again.

- Any new maps coming out (I heard of a Berlin)? More open maps with varying geographic layers would be great.

- Some in-game suggestions.

As you can sell back consumables etc, can we sell back garage spots and reserves?

If a player research a line that sucks, could they sell the research and receive 50% of it back as free XP to help a new line. I'm sure WG can pocket some gold also.

JayRated #18 Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:40 AM

• Administrator
  • 3719 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostEzz, on 05 September 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Any insight into the cancellation of ranked battles, then a rather sudden 'it's all good, they're back on'?

Related but guessing it'll be a reach, but any chance of raising the idea of choice between RB reward (german med) and FL (US heavy) between the two modes - similar to choice for CW rewards.

Word is that there are a lot of ANZ players who play on HK presumably because there aren't enough players to get battles on ANZ. Is WG working on anything that could help shift people across? Does this impact any other clusters (guessing if not then we may be stuck with it)?

There's a raft of balance issues but i doubt it's worth going over them again as noted by you, you aren't on the balance side of things. Suffice to say if there's anything possible in the 'so what's on the player's mind?' discussions feel free to jump in with the various balance issues that have crept into the game in the past few years.

Beyond that, EGGPLANT!

Hey Ezz,

Yeah absolutely I can provide insight into ranked battles. So basically ahead of the season start earlier this year it was found that both ASIA and NA would experience severe queue times in the matchmaking for ranked battles - we're talking like close to an hour. Because of that reason it was basically decided to pull RB from these two regions until an appropriate fix could be decided upon and implemented, a fix which has recently been finalised. I obviously can't share the full details, but basically RB will run parallel to other regions for the remainder of the season and then an extension will be added for ASIA/NA in order to allow players to accumulate the same level of rewards as their EU/CIS counterparts.

As I mentioned to Twit above, this is something I'm working on if not every day then absolutely every week until we can try and find something to improve the state of play on ANZ. We are not the only server who experiences this, as it is the same state of affairs in LATAM (Latin America), where they also experience things like low-tier bots, a peak population of just over 1,000 and challenges such as a lack of people for Frontline games. The only difference between us and LATAM is that their players actually want to play together, whereas ours seem to feel the opposite way toward each other, which needless to say makes my job even harder. While I look forward to seeing how my ideas for 2020 will impact the health of ANZ I can all but guarantee that without an extra 10,000 active players it's very difficult to replicate the matchmaking experience found on HK - even if the thousands of ANZ players ignoring their own server came back to it. But even with that being the case, I will be making sure that there will be exclusive reasons to enjoy the ANZ server over the coming months.

Regarding this approach with ISPs and routing, I would be more than happy to re-examine the processes undertaken by WG in the past. I will simply preface that by saying that factors such as the NBN rolling out at a glacial pace combined with new cables being laid throughout SEA and to/from ANZ that the solution may not be as streamlined as it once was.

Balance is something I don't have the capacity to open my WeeGee toolbox and fix for you on the fly, but I can confirm that feedback is collected from all channels (yes, including the Forums) and shared with HQ. What they choose to do with that feedback is out of my hands but rest assured discussions of this nature are reported by WG Asia to HQ on a weekly basis.

Thanks for your questions my friend, and a kind EGGPLANT to you also.

Puggsley #19 Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:40 AM

Captain

• 69157 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostJayRated, on 06 September 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

5. This is something literally think about almost every day, and the fact that my team and I have been working on a solve for pretty much the entire year without much success should tell you how challenging the situation actually is. It's not as simple as adding unique missions or bonuses exclusive to the ANZ server, it's not as simple as forcing the thousands of ANZ players who go straight to HK back onto ANZ. Again, we have pitched a few ideas that have been approved for next year and I'm super excited to start working on them - one of these is specifically focused toward encouraging play on specific tiers. But this problem is not exclusive to ANZ, nor is it exclusive to World of Tanks, it's just one of the joys of managing a low-population server.

Whatever you decide to do I'd suggest the carrot might work, but any sort of stick would be potentially catastrophic.

I played around with some number so how many players might be required to get a "random" FL going on the ANZ server and it looked pretty amazing (and frankly undoable). The discord method of building numbers (Was that Nappa? apologies to anyone also involved in it) worked way way better. How well that might go with regular randoms would be really debatable and pretty easy to rig.

I play mostly on HK (doing missions for 279 so high tiers are it) at 130 ping. ANZ ping is usually 20 or less, but the low high tier population is a killer, timing out in queue is not why i play this game.

My question is why not handle rule violations like drowning and botting by using the incentives of the in game economy. Make it so expensive to drown that people lose any reason to do it. Maybe they lose 1-3% of their total credits each time they drown. Or no XP or gross credits is gained for that battle and the next 10 in that tank. People will rapidly stop doing it because you need credits to keep playing. Occasional accidents will hurt but not much unless you are a serial suicider. And there will be no need to allocate resources to reviewing cases, lowering your costs.

Bots could be handled similarly without the need to write fancy algorythms. You will have a great idea of what the botters are accumulating (credits, free XP, XP?). Above tier 4, if the account has 2 consecutive games with zero damage then you get zero gross income for the next 5-10 games. The bots will quickly run out of credits and be removed by themselves. Very bad players who do this will be encouraged to learn the basics in low tiers. Below Tier 4 any bots are similar to the in-game bots.

Same could be established for   

JayRated #20 Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:52 AM

• Administrator
  • 3719 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostHoPeY_, on 06 September 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Why was tier 8 CW dropped without what appeared to be any discussion or forewarning? Can we have it back please.

As mentioned issue of pings to server seems to have been swept under the carpet and blamed on individuals ISP's. There seems 4 paths into the actual HK server, why are the results different?

Can we concentrate on new clan growth and not rewarding top clans? Evening out rewards needs to be a priority. We do not need more rewards/events just for the few... Aim for growth...

Why after years of talk have crew skills not been redone and new players given 6th sense?

Well done for acknowledging that you have performed poorly. Now if you don't know answers, please ask those who know and not just give lip service.

Wow, I'll take a "well done" from Hopey, even if it is wrapped in the most backhanded compliment I've probably ever received lol.

Tier 8 Clan Wars was dropped after much discussion because there simply is not enough numbers in the player-base to support it. I'm not saying there isn't people out there such as yourself who want to see it but dividing the CW base between 8 and 10 would basically kill the validity of either, and when picking one or the other to provide 'endgame' content, you go with the tanks you unlock at the end of the game.

You kind of answered your own question there - why are the results from 4 different paths different? Well, you're using any one of 4 different paths.

I am working with both high and low skill clans to facilitate means to improve Clan Wars on ANZ as a whole. A few callers from YETI have generously volunteered their time recently to assist mid-tier clans as Legionnaires in calling/strategy sessions, while you've got clans like WOT-U and MIHI who are helping newer/lower skill players elevate their gameplay into a more competitive echelon. As we move into the new year all of these clans and callers will be given a platform through WG channels to further promote the positive impact they're having on the CW space in ANZ.

This has been on the cards for a very long time as you mentioned and I believe will be seeing the light (pardon the pun) of day within the next year, along with a myriad of other fantastic quality of life improvements to the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users