• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

JayRated #41 Posted 06 September 2019 - 03:51 PM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 3719 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postpr154, on 06 September 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hey Jay, love your work and thanks for providing this opportunity to those that can't always be there for the WG on-the-ground events...

The Clan Content in World of Tanks is quite broad, and by catering to a wide range of Tier Capability it makes it very accessible. It seems however to be very much reliant on the willingness of Clan Senior Officers to promote the content to their members. Clan loyalties often run strong as they are underpinned by ties of family and frienship (IRL or otherwise), and I can't help but feel there's a massive untapped reserve of willing participants in clan content who are rendered blissfully ignorant by apathetic senior officers. This anecdote has been supported by a number of our recruits, whom we'd taken months to extract from otherwise inactive clans.

The Question:

Is there more that can be done to promote the clan content of the game to the individual account-holder rather than be reliant on the clan command to get people involved?

Hey PR, my pleasure, love the question. Just want to make sure I'm fully understanding you. When you talk about clan content, do you mean promoting events like Global Map and Campaigns on a macro level? Or do you mean more in terms of an in-game notification system that would alert online clan members a battle will be commencing or something like that?

U12D13 #42 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 39758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Well I got a few questions:

1) Why is this thread in the ANZ section? Not everybody pokes around in other country-specific threads. (Literally just saw this thread)

2) Any word on increasing the number of reports/ feedback on the effectiveness of the in-game report button? Doesn't feel like it does jack at all.

3) What is WG's official platform for player-WG communication now? Discord or Forums?

4) How much freedom is WG Asia given to tweak about vs Head Office? Seems the early MM changes testing in the past have been generally well received, so was wondering how much you all can tweak the server in response to feedback and prove to Head Office its benefits.

5) What happened to equipment and consumable discounts? Its been a drought :(

6) On ground events outside of ANZ perhaps? You know, for those on the other side of the vast liquid basin.

Thanks for taking the time to do this Jay.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

Flying_Elite #43 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:13 PM

Always blame Hema!

• 30280 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostCardinalMite, on 06 September 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Not really seeing your point about removing improved equipment would to the detriment of any particular player group. Good players don't need an extra advantage making their tanks measurably better to do well. Not good players who have just ground out sufficient bonds to buy improved equipment, it isn't as if the equipment made them suddenly good at the game. 

And WG can easily refund the bonds if they remove this type of equipment from the game, because as WG has said repeatedly, they don't sell them; so it isn't as if you have to give someone back actual money.

So who loses by making the game fairer? Should an inexperienced player be further disadvantaged by playing against long time players that have bond equipment? How is that fair?

This was discussed as well in cairns and what I've been told is that everything in game DOES have a monetary value of some kind and the WG Development team employ economists (if that is a word) to manage it all and go through all of the data that WG collects. So while something might not be sold to the public, it's still worth something. Was odd to hear but makes sense with all of the choices that the dev team has made

Spoiler

JayRated #44 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:17 PM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 3719 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostHoleinthehead, on 06 September 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

Ok here goes . Everyone likes pissing in the wind ......

Why has camouflage  not been addressed since 1.0 despite it being raise in feedback for every release since 1.0 ?

One other question . Why are we hiding this in a country specific forum ? There are more than a few other forum users who do not reside in AU / NZ .

The reason I posted this in the ANZ board is because this is that this is my first AMA, and I've decided to do this somewhat spur of the moment as the ANZ Community Manager largely to answer comments and questions specifically concerning the ANZ community. While I'm happy to answer broader WG questions to the best of my ability, this was to test the waters of the concept which is why I decided to keep it local.

Regarding your broader WG question, could you please explain be more specific? Camouflage has become somewhat of a broad topic since the introduction of vehicles like the Even 90 and EBRs. How may I direct your call? 

CardinalMite #45 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

Captain

• 29570 battles

View PostFlying_Elite, on 06 September 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

This was discussed as well in cairns and what I've been told is that everything in game DOES have a monetary value of some kind and the WG Development team employ economists (if that is a word) to manage it all and go through all of the data that WG collects. So while something might not be sold to the public, it's still worth something. Was odd to hear but makes sense with all of the choices that the dev team has made

Ok you mean Internal billing between business units so that costs in internal resources, wages etc. are captured.  Thanks for the clarification.

That makes sense, however it could be argued that the cost of reversing a decision is the price of making a bad decision in the first place and should act as a disincentive to releasing something without properly thinking it through.

I would suggest that improved bond equipment was a decision that was easily foresee-able as one that was going to draw a lot of criticism.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

Ezz #46 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69233 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJayRated, on 06 September 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Building and constantly rebuilding algorithms as players work their ways around them is a significant use of resources when there are ways that problems can be solved proactively.

What specifically do you mean by proactively? Are you meaning something WG may be looking at doing?

View PostJayRated, on 06 September 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

In regards to suiciding once again, I will see what I can do in terms of pulling some data together to show it's making an impact, but it is far from common practice to publicly name and shame rule violators in a community - gaming or otherwise. 

Ironically [some other game not worth mentioning] publishes their cheat lists whenever they do a ban wave. Maybe it's time WG hardens up? As noted elsewhere, it's not like the player doesn't know who the other player was or what they did.

But related, in the past WG used to publish a cheat sweep result mostly for mod usage i think - eg xx warned, yy banned. Any chance of similar for drowners / suiciders. It would help publicise to the player base that you guys are taking this seriously and doing something about it. A deterrent doesn't work very well if people don't know about it.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Holeinthehead #47 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:28 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 55876 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostJayRated, on 06 September 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

Regarding your broader WG question, could you please explain be more specific? Camouflage has become somewhat of a broad topic since the introduction of vehicles like the Even 90 and EBRs. How may I direct your call? 

I'll grant you this answer only because it has been ignored since  1.0 . Fyi both Tan and Conan actually tested it and confirmed it back when 1.0 was released .

So to answer you .

IT IS BROKEN    

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Flying_Circus #48 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:35 PM

Corporal

• 9985 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

What about camo is broken exactly?

The mechanic itself seems to work as it's supposed too. Some bushes may not offer as much camo as you'd think, whereas others are surprisingly good, but that's a map design issue.

Is it something to do with view range out-powering camo and therefore reducing it's effectiveness?

Trust trying to understand what the issue is. As someone who plays light tanks a fair bit, I'm obviously interested in any issues with the camo system. :)

Ezz #49 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69233 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

A couple issues with camo i've witnessed that still aren't fixed...

Bushes with seemingly zero camo. Eg half of the bush line on fishy bay.

Trees that when pushed down provide near complete camo even when shooting despite being transparent (there's a great example on redshire) plus an old video i made https://youtu.be/T0L_60tpIR4 when 1.0 just came out.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Flying_Elite #50 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:37 PM

Always blame Hema!

• 30280 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostHoleinthehead, on 06 September 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

I'll grant you this answer only because it has been ignored since  1.0 . Fyi both Tan and Conan actually tested it and confirmed it back when 1.0 was released .

So to answer you .

IT IS BROKEN    

Now that is a constructive response that clearly tells Jay what about the Camo system is broken and you should expect a prompt response that is just as constructive and helpful :D

Spoiler

Flying_Circus #51 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

Corporal

• 9985 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Gotcha, and thanks - so more of a map design issue than with the actual camo mechanic (and something Jay's made clear he can't fix himself).

The fishy bay issue seems pretty well-known and I hope it gets fixed soon as it gives one side of the map an advantage when playing centre.

Holeinthehead #52 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:45 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 55876 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

I'll give 2 simple examples . Also i will repeat . Both Tan and Conan tested and confirmed there were issues . So I'm not the only one . Also note this has been going since 1.0 and will by now be considered normal .

M3 LEE  20 mtrs in front of me . new player , no camo on tank , 35 games played in Lee . Lee is sitting in a bush , not behind it , in it . Lee starts firing then goes dark , while still firing .

Platoon mate and I push a point . Both of us side by side . Enemy batchat runs in . Batchat is side scraping platoon mate , then backs off . Batchat goes dark before he is 5 mtrs away .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Holeinthehead #53 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 55876 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostFlying_Elite, on 06 September 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

Now that is a constructive response that clearly tells Jay what about the Camo system is broken and you should expect a prompt response that is just as constructive and helpful :D

Really ? Considering just how long this has been ongoing with zero response . If it helps you can pay me for a few hours and I'll back track through the forums and repost all the relevant posts made on the subject back when 1.0 was released . I'll also include the patch note for each release showing no mention of the camo .

Ezz #54 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69233 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Some of that seems more like desync issues rather than camo tho.

Holeinthehead #55 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:54 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 55876 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostEzz, on 06 September 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

Some of that seems more like desync issues rather than camo tho.

Funny you should mention that . Have seen some convo's in g chat over invis tanks . The batchat incident though was 2 people in different locations seeing the same thing . So not sure if sync would come into play .

Napalmer #56 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:58 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 48202 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Yeah, sounds like lag/desync as Ezz said. Mechanics-wise you should proximity spot a tank at 50m and below.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Holeinthehead #57 Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 55876 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostNapalmer, on 06 September 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

. Mechanics-wise you should proximity spot a tank at 50m and below.

Yes you should . However that is not case and my point . And I will repeat this yet again . When it was raised back in 1.0 both Tan and Conan tested it and confirmed there were problems .

_RuneTheNomad #58 Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

First lieutenant

• 15353 battles

Jay,

Just a few quick questions

1) Can we remove any costs relating to training rooms

2) Could we look at some type of in Game training tool while in Spectator mode where you can ping across multiple teams, draw on the overhead map for ether team etc etc so its actually in game training on the go instead of Map tactics prior.

3) Increasing the ANZ player base would be fantastic, I think you have already answered this one about % of anz players who play HK etc I was just suggesting contacting those players via email/message in game or an announcement

Flying_Circus #59 Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:17 PM

Corporal

• 9985 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Thanks for this thread Jay.

Are there any plans to allow players to sell directives we don't want? (or if we're just short of credits, gold, bonds, or any other form of in-game currency we might be able to sell them for)

Holeinthehead #60 Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:20 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 55876 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostFlying_Circus, on 06 September 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Thanks for this thread Jay.

Are there any plans to allow players to sell directives we don't want? (or if we're just short of credits, gold, bonds, or any other form of in-game currency we might be able to sell them for)

This would be good .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users