• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

JayRated #61 Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:33 PM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 3541 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostCardinalMite, on 06 September 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

This is a really positive action Jay, long may it last. 

One suggestion though, perhaps advertise these Am as in the general forum rather than just the ANZ one?

Ok some questions and suggestions I have:

1. For queue times and getting matches being a problem on low population servers I think one of the main issues is that even If you want to go ANZ it is very much an either or decision per session, per game mode.  So you get downward spiral where people get frustrated getting a match so go to the larger server and don't come back. Over time this just causes others to do the same. 

Would it  be possible to get a client setting added where players set an acceptable latency range and maximum   queue time and have the client then per match pick either HK or ANZ preferring good latency first but if it takes too long to get a match switch to the other server. Then the next time you click battle it does the same all over again. You could even have different acceptable latency ranges and queue times for different tank classes. So for example I don't mind quite high latency on heavies if it gets a quick match but I would be prepared to wait longer to get a low latency match in an LT.

Point is if the client had this functionality you would give more opportunity for the ANZ server to be utilised.

2. Can we get a choice of reward tanks for FL and RB similar to clan rewards? So for example I would prefer to have the tier 9 German medium reward tank that is going to come with RB rather than the AE1 reward offered with Frontline. I am unlikely  to play RB as well as FL.

3. I know that there is basically no chance of Friendly Fire being switched on again but can you outline what is being done to address the issues of physics abuse and other methods of griefing. These have noticeably increased since FF removal,  but there is little feedback or sense that griefers are actually being caught and punished. This leads people to actually not bother raising a ticket which  hides the issue.

3. I know you can't speak directly to specific issues of balance but can we get some feedback from someone soon about future plans for balance of the game? Because this is hurting player expansion and retention.

4. Can we get some feedback on what WG feels about the reception of British LT line? There seems to be a massive disconnect between CCs and WG on this. It seems that  there are fundamental balance choices being made that make no sense to the majority of the player base.

5. What changes have been made to Ranked Battle matchmaking that means it will work now?

6. Last we heard on the subject of MM on randoms was that it was a work in progress. Will we see further changes to this in the near future, do changes happen behind the scenes ongoing or is it only changes you announce?

7. How is it that different premium tanks of the same class cost different amounts in the shop? In the current fair medium premiums gold price can vary by about 4,000 gold. How is this not profiteering from releasing clearly OP premium tanks.

8. Why are reward tanks released that are so clearly OP by any assessment, allowed to be used in Ranked Battles which are supposed to determine the most skilled players? Instead it turns into who ground or bought or (yes) rigged the best tank

9. Why is it that the bond shop for tanks has slipped at least 2 major patches due to "technical issues?" Is it coming any time soon? If not why not? Can we have a bit more detail than technical issues, since there are any number if other ways to buy tanks by other means, some only added temporarily via the fair and black market.

10. Is there no chance that other tank classes can't  have the improved autoaim that wheelies get? Honestly it and magical wheel shields are sources of a lot of the hate for these tanks. It really isn't justified that only they get improved AA.

Thanks Jay for giving us this opportunity, really appreciated.

Thanks for the questions, Cardinal. Can't help but mention the irony of the fact we discussed in Discord before I was able to answer in the Forum haha. :hiding:

1. I appreciate the feedback on this but what you're suggesting would require a significant amount of dev resource. We've first got to make sure we've exhausted every possible avenue for improvement from a publishing side before involving the development.

2. A fair comment, I'm sure if the 'Tier 9 Reward Vehicle' category continues to expand this might be a possibility in the future.

3. While I am aware that reports of physics abuse and griefing have increased since the removal of friendly-fire there still hasn't been enough time that has passed since the release to collect a sufficient amount of data to understand how this is impacting the game across all servers. In the event of any major meta-related release such as wheeled vehicles or yes the British Lights as I see you've mentioned below, HQ like to record a significant amount of data across all servers as the response to the change unfolds. The only outliers to this are examples like the Bobject.

The Second 3. I would imagine you will hear more about this at WG Fest in the coming months.

4. My answer to this would be similar to my answer to question number 3 (the first one).

5. I am not entirely across how the updated Ranked Battle system will operate, I've only been informed of a loose timeline (which I can't share) outside of the fact that an alternative for ASIA/NA has been found.

6. You will see changes to the MM in future, and you have experienced some in the time since the last changes were announced. :)

7. This is not a question of balance as much as it is economics. Pricing mainly comes down to supply and demand, how long the tank has been out for, when was it last on sale, how popular it is, all that kind of stuff. It may seem to correlate with perceptions of 'OP' but those perceptions are also adding to it's popularity.

8. The reason why reward tanks seem powerful is because they are exactly that, a 'reward' for high level play. Regardless of whether it's reward tanks or not, ranked game modes are going to be populated by whatever players perceive as 'the best'. In most scenarios I'd wager that a high-skill player - in a reward vehicle or otherwise - would still be able to outplay someone who didn't have the skill to earn a reward vehicle through their own abilities.

9. I am not privy to the details of why the Bonds Shop is experiencing difficulties but I do know that it will be in the client as soon as possible, it has by no means been put on ice.

10. Unlikely, as the justification behind the improved aim-assist is their significantly higher speed and mobility, especially in turning mode.

View PostCardinalMite, on 06 September 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Not really seeing your point about removing improved equipment would to the detriment of any particular player group. Good players don't need an extra advantage making their tanks measurably better to do well. Not good players who have just ground out sufficient bonds to buy improved equipment, it isn't as if the equipment made them suddenly good at the game. 

And WG can easily refund the bonds if they remove this type of equipment from the game, because as WG has said repeatedly, they don't sell them; so it isn't as if you have to give someone back actual money.

So who loses by making the game fairer? Should an inexperienced player be further disadvantaged by playing against long time players that have bond equipment? How is that fair?

I kind of answered this in the questions above. There has to be an incentive for players to earn improved equipment, that's why we use terms like 'reward/improved' haha. Keep in mind that two pieces of improved equipment were given out in a PvE game mode; which combined with stuff like reward vehicles for Frontline, should suggest that things like this are moving closer within reach of an 'average' player, not further away.

Napalmer #62 Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:37 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 47967 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostHoleinthehead, on 06 September 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

Yes you should . However that is not case and my point . And I will repeat this yet again . When it was raised back in 1.0 both Tan and Conan tested it and confirmed there were problems .

I honestly can't say I've ever had the issue. Maybe it's mod-based?

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

pr154 #63 Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 18743 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostJayRated, on 06 September 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

Hey PR, my pleasure, love the question. Just want to make sure I'm fully understanding you. When you talk about clan content, do you mean promoting events like Global Map and Campaigns on a macro level? Or do you mean more in terms of an in-game notification system that would alert online clan members a battle will be commencing or something like that?

Thanks mate, my question goes more towards promoting the existence of events on the Global Map as they arise and the existence and format of other Clan v Clan content such as strongholds generally.

The premise of the question is that I would like to see account holders able to make an informed choice as to whether they stay in their existing clan or join a clan that participates in that competitive content.

Even a fairly organised clan like ours with a high degree of member enthusiasm for Clan modes of the game is still reliant on our senior officers to tell our rank-and-file what is going on. 

JayRated #64 Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:12 PM

• Administrator
  • 3541 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostU12D13, on 06 September 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

Well I got a few questions:

1) Why is this thread in the ANZ section? Not everybody pokes around in other country-specific threads. (Literally just saw this thread)

2) Any word on increasing the number of reports/ feedback on the effectiveness of the in-game report button? Doesn't feel like it does jack at all.

3) What is WG's official platform for player-WG communication now? Discord or Forums?

4) How much freedom is WG Asia given to tweak about vs Head Office? Seems the early MM changes testing in the past have been generally well received, so was wondering how much you all can tweak the server in response to feedback and prove to Head Office its benefits.

5) What happened to equipment and consumable discounts? Its been a drought :(

6) On ground events outside of ANZ perhaps? You know, for those on the other side of the vast liquid basin.

Thanks for taking the time to do this Jay.

Well I got a few answers:

1. Answered this one earlier. Tl;dr, was mainly for the ANZ community and you gotta walk before you can run haha.

2. I have been looking into this personally alongside Conan over the past couple of months. I'm hoping to see how we can optimise it in future, but don't hold your breath haha.

3. Both are official platforms, as well as Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube and others. In terms of the binary comparison however, Discord definitely has been the focus of late as following the success of the Asia server (#BlameJay) each region now has their own official server and all of them are incredibly popular. I will ensure the Forums are not neglected, but globally speaking the World of Tanks community has moved towards Discord in a big way. This may seem like it's been forced, especially for communities that still use the Forums like ANZ but most clans and community groups were already using Discord long before we showed up haha.

4. The relationship between WG Asia and HQ has improved significantly over the past few years and that is entirely due to the strength of the team at every level. The MM changes is one example of that and we are continuing to speak with them about how to improve the game specifically for our players within the region.

5. So much other stuff going on I guess. I believe I saw that mentioned by someone else in this tread, I'll share the feedback with our head of LiveOps - assuming something isn't already in the works. :)

6. As much as I loved the event in Manila last year this is a Conan question! I only handle events in ANZ now, and to be fair Conan has a slightly bigger area to cover. :P But I know that there are many events planned across SEA in the near future!

Profanisaurus #65 Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:14 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View PostJayRated, on 06 September 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

I suppose that you're fortunate enough to have most if not all of the tanks you wanted from the Advent Calendar, but I strongly believe that many people I've talked to about it would consider it a 'meaningful' sale.

Out of all of the things I've responded to in my time as a Community Manager for ANZ, I never thought I'd hear someone complain that they couldn't buy more in-game items. :teethhappy:

I have 77 million credits to spend when we get offered a useful in game sale...

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

JayRated #66 Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:38 PM

• Administrator
  • 3541 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Post_RuneTheNomad, on 06 September 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

Jay,

Just a few quick questions

1) Can we remove any costs relating to training rooms

2) Could we look at some type of in Game training tool while in Spectator mode where you can ping across multiple teams, draw on the overhead map for ether team etc etc so its actually in game training on the go instead of Map tactics prior.

3) Increasing the ANZ player base would be fantastic, I think you have already answered this one about % of anz players who play HK etc I was just suggesting contacting those players via email/message in game or an announcement

1. Bit out of my hands, but I know where you're coming from.

2. I believe there are improvements coming to spectator mode in the 'SoonTM' future. I'm not sure if they include everything you're suggesting here but I think you will be pleased with them.

3. We have quite a few things planned over the next 12 months for the ANZ server. The ANZ team always has and will continue to do everything possible to do its best for the Tanks community. :)

JayRated #67 Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:44 PM

• Administrator
  • 3541 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostEzz, on 06 September 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

What specifically do you mean by proactively? Are you meaning something WG may be looking at doing?

I just mean that it's not as simple as writing a bit of code to auto-ban anyone with x but only has a win rate of y, and when finding a long-term solution we'd try and be proactive and cut the problem off at the source, rather than a reactive solution that can quickly become obsolete.

Tl;dr cheating is a very difficult thing to 'fix' haha

JayRated #68 Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:50 PM

• Administrator
  • 3541 battles
  • [WG] WG

Alright mates, my dinner just arrived so at just shy of 9pm on a Friday night I think I might call it there. 

If I missed any questions or if there's any conversations you'd like to follow up feel free to PM me here (or on Discord loooooooool), and we can chat about it!

Thanks so much for participating in the thread! Appreciate your fantastic questions and I hope I was able to provide some adequate answers.

Until next time :)

- JR

13bladez #69 Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:54 PM

Sergeant

• 31302 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
Since usernames are owned and administrated by wargaming, I don't understand how publishing a list of usernames of users that have violated the terms of both the EULA and ingame fairplay policy can be a breach of privacy. Infact, having violated both of these things they would have also violated the terms of the agreement, thus making the the EULA invalid for them. Its not a list of personal details of said violators, it is simply a list of IP that you unequivocally own, which is absolutely stated in said EULA. Could you direct me to the portions of it that you are referring to when you say it is a breach. 

Edited by 13bladez, 06 September 2019 - 07:10 PM.

Profanisaurus #70 Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:55 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Thanks for your responses Jay and I look forward to an update with answers on some of the concerns raised that you yourself couldn't answer.

Profanisaurus #71 Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:57 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View Post13bladez, on 06 September 2019 - 10:54 PM, said:

Since usernames are owned and administrated by wargaming, I don't understand how publishing a list of usernames of users that have violated the terms of both the EULA and ingame fairplay policy can be a breech of privacy. Infact, having violated both of these things they would have also violated the terms of the agreement, thus making the the EULA invalid for them. Its not a list of personal details of said violators, it is simply a list of IP that you unequivocally own, which is absolutely stated in said EULA. Could you direct me to the portions of it that you are referring to when you say it is a breech. 

In addition to this how is an IGN being published a breach of privacy? If people can find your real identity from your IGN you have far bigger problems.

It's like the ridiculous concept of people hiding their IGN and stats, if you don't want to be stat shamed don't be shameful.

13bladez #72 Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:10 PM

Sergeant

• 31302 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE

View PostProfanisaurus, on 06 September 2019 - 10:57 PM, said:

In addition to this how is an IGN being published a breach of privacy? If people can find your real identity from your IGN you have far bigger problems.

It's like the ridiculous concept of people hiding their IGN and stats, if you don't want to be stat shamed don't be shameful.

I mean this exactly, by the same premise you can never name anyone for any reason, if you can publish a persons IGN for winning a type 59, then that is as much of a breach.

JayRated #73 Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:11 PM

• Administrator
  • 3541 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFlying_Circus, on 06 September 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Thanks for this thread Jay.

Are there any plans to allow players to sell directives we don't want? (or if we're just short of credits, gold, bonds, or any other form of in-game currency we might be able to sell them for)

Just did a quick sweep through the thread and realised this was the only one I missed.

I would also like to see this as I have quite a stockpile myself. I haven't heard of anything about it specifically but I'll pass the feedback onto our LiveOps team.

Thanks again guys. Have a great weekend!

Holeinthehead #74 Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:19 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 55667 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostNapalmer, on 06 September 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

I honestly can't say I've ever had the issue. Maybe it's mod-based?

I don't run mods . Cannot vouch for Tan or Conan though .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

13bladez #75 Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:44 PM

Sergeant

• 31302 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
JayRated - Decides to end the thread while i am writing a query, acts as tho said query doesn't exist. Veddy nice

mttspiii #76 Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:13 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

1) 180 and 360-day prem sale?

2) How to fix low-tiers taking 5 minutes in MM to have fun with the bottom-tier tanks.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

CardinalMite #77 Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:49 PM

Captain

• 29455 battles

View PostJayRated, on 06 September 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

Thanks for the questions, Cardinal. Can't help but mention the irony of the fact we discussed in Discord before I was able to answer in the Forum haha. :hiding:

1. I appreciate the feedback on this but what you're suggesting would require a significant amount of dev resource. We've first got to make sure we've exhausted every possible avenue for improvement from a publishing side before involving the development.

2. A fair comment, I'm sure if the 'Tier 9 Reward Vehicle' category continues to expand this might be a possibility in the future.

3. While I am aware that reports of physics abuse and griefing have increased since the removal of friendly-fire there still hasn't been enough time that has passed since the release to collect a sufficient amount of data to understand how this is impacting the game across all servers. In the event of any major meta-related release such as wheeled vehicles or yes the British Lights as I see you've mentioned below, HQ like to record a significant amount of data across all servers as the response to the change unfolds. The only outliers to this are examples like the Bobject.

The Second 3. I would imagine you will hear more about this at WG Fest in the coming months.

4. My answer to this would be similar to my answer to question number 3 (the first one).

5. I am not entirely across how the updated Ranked Battle system will operate, I've only been informed of a loose timeline (which I can't share) outside of the fact that an alternative for ASIA/NA has been found.

6. You will see changes to the MM in future, and you have experienced some in the time since the last changes were announced. :)

7. This is not a question of balance as much as it is economics. Pricing mainly comes down to supply and demand, how long the tank has been out for, when was it last on sale, how popular it is, all that kind of stuff. It may seem to correlate with perceptions of 'OP' but those perceptions are also adding to it's popularity.

8. The reason why reward tanks seem powerful is because they are exactly that, a 'reward' for high level play. Regardless of whether it's reward tanks or not, ranked game modes are going to be populated by whatever players perceive as 'the best'. In most scenarios I'd wager that a high-skill player - in a reward vehicle or otherwise - would still be able to outplay someone who didn't have the skill to earn a reward vehicle through their own abilities.

9. I am not privy to the details of why the Bonds Shop is experiencing difficulties but I do know that it will be in the client as soon as possible, it has by no means been put on ice.

10. Unlikely, as the justification behind the improved aim-assist is their significantly higher speed and mobility, especially in turning mode.

I kind of answered this in the questions above. There has to be an incentive for players to earn improved equipment, that's why we use terms like 'reward/improved' haha. Keep in mind that two pieces of improved equipment were given out in a PvE game mode; which combined with stuff like reward vehicles for Frontline, should suggest that things like this are moving closer within reach of an 'average' player, not further away.

Hi Jay just some thoughts on your responses. While I don't agree with some of them, I do appreciate you taking the time out to do this.

1. I understand that changing the client in this manner would be a significant investment in time and resources. I just wanted to offer some suggestion that goes beyond the usual, "how do we engage the player-base to use a single server more?" when one is severely under-utilised currently. While I admire greatly the efforts of some in the community (Napalmer and Stewie in particular, plus WG staff) to encourage participation on the ANZ server via organised events, count ins etc. I can't help but feel this isn't going to cut it alone without some form of server roaming in play. I also don't believe that the ANZ server is inherently a lost cause, I just think we need to think outside the box more.

2. Yeah I get choice on rewards may not happen in the near future, would WG perhaps entertain the idea of a swap via support ticket idea similar to the ones offered for WG skinned  1357 vs non skinned 1357? Perhaps if you get a reward tank and don't play any battles in it when submitting a ticket?

7. Well supply and demand is the mechanism by which WG leverages the popularity of a tanks to maximise profit, however it isn't really a recognition of the reasons for which one tank is more in demand over another. Hint: It isn't the fact a Progetto looks cooler than an Fv4202. All that really says is that WG are fully aware that some of its premiums are in demand due to their characteristics, which they get to set. I get it, WG are in the business to make money and it is smart for the shareholders/owners/creditors etc. that WG do everything it can to maximise revenue. However, WG should be a little more honest about it, they aren't fooling anyone when they claim to care about balance while at the same time openly charging significantly more money for tanks with stronger characteristics. WG should also consider that while it looks good for revenue short term, in the long run it puts off long time players from buying new tanks. Why buy the hot new premium if you know that within a year or two it will have been rendered weak through continual power creep. Sure there will always be some nutters that will just keep throwing money on new tanks but many people become jaded when the tank they bought is no longer a viable credit earner because it can only pen by firing premium ammo. I bet IS6s even post buff aren't played anything like as much as when the tank was first available.  

8. Here is where I really (with respect) take issue with your response. I have heard this same response before and recently and it simply does not wash. This is the same argument in essence as the infamous, "tanks are balanced because an experienced player in a TVP VTU will beat a noob in a defender" quote form a couple of years ago that quickly became a meme. If a high skill player would have been able to outplay someone who did not have the reward vehicle anyway then, let them prove it. Why do they need to be given a vehicle that gives them a competitive advantage vs other players in Random battles and Ranked battles, where player statistics matters? And let's not beat around the bush here, it isn't necessarily the best players unlocking Obj 907s, Chieftains and 279es, in many cases all it needs is to be a member of a successful clan or have friends to help you, or pay for a "friend" or just be persistent and spam lots of battles in the case of PM reward tanks. Sure a better player will probably get it more quickly especially in many cases if they platoon, but it is not exactly restricted solely to "good" players. I bet you won't find it hard to find sub 49% players that own these tanks.

But all of that, forget it.... It misses the real point.

For sure reward highly skilled players with unique/interesting and competitive tanks that are a badge of honour for their skills. But DONT give them tanks that are clearly and unequivocally better than their tech tree counterparts and if you really must give them such obviously OP tanks as a "reward," don't let them be used for  modes that are comparing their players abilities to successfully win, versus players that don't have them! It makes an absolute mockery of the idea of having global player win rate stats and makes it utterly ridiculous that you have a ranked battles mode specifically to reward the best players for their playing skill and then have it such that the only players that have a chance to get to the very top feel that the only way they can do that is by only playing those tanks. Any really good player, any really skilled player doesn't need better equipment to win, how does it prove their skill in randoms or RB to do otherwise? Sure they may have won without that tank, but no-one will ever know because that battle against that opponent in those conditions will never repeat itself again only with different equipment. It's a hollow victory to beat someone, not with your skill... but simply because your tank is that much better.

10. Aim assist is literally giving a specific sub-class of vehicle, not just better stats, but better gameplay mechanics. WoT tanks is not supposed to be just another FPS shooter where the winner is the one with the best twitch reflexes, it has always been geared towards strategic and tactical play. Sure good reflexes help, but Wheeled tanks still would have uber gun handling on the move as significant advantage post lock-on, they don't need to be the only ones able to lock on that easily. It's a nonsense anyway because WG allow mods that basically do the same thing for any tank, so it is just stupid to say to someone if they play vanilla, "no advanced auto-aim for you" go download a mod instead to do the same thing. Then every time someone has a problem with their client the first thing WG says is, remove all mods, it's probably mods, while at the same time every other patch adding in more UI and control enhancements to the client anyway ripped straight out of various mod ideas. The hypocrisy here is rich.

For improved equipment, like see my reply about reward tanks, it's the exact same argument.

Apologies if my responses seem overly strong, I mean no slight on you and I know that the responses you give have to be consistent with WG's overall client engagement policy and that you should not go "off book." So if I seem highly crirtical in some of my responses I am not attacking you, just "playing the ball not the player."

Believe it or not myself and others that are highly critical of some of WG's decisions do so because we care about the game. If we didn't we would not respond, we would just leave... as many others have before and may continue to do so in the future...

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

chook_on_a_stick #78 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:16 PM

Corporal

• 13721 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostFlying_Elite, on 05 September 2019 - 10:57 PM, said:

This was discussed in Cairns actually and the answer that I was given was that as soon as a route is fixed/changed it will screw up another route because while some ISP's are ok, they (the ISP's) do not want to pay for the extra high speed routes as it would cut into their profits. So WG will do what they can from their end but at the end of the day it's the ISP's that are actively screwing over your connection because it comes down to money, so would it would be a better option to play on ANZ because you wouldn't have to deal with this issue. 

The obligation to spend money to help customers is not solely on the ISP's.
Companies that provide services delivered over the network have a part to play as well - it's unrealistic to just point at the ISPs and say they did it.
I'm sure each of those ISPs would be happy to provide WG a connection to their network.

JayRated #79 Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:23 PM

• Administrator
  • 3541 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostCardinalMite, on 06 September 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

(A lot of text)

Ironically we've been chatting about this in Discord in the days following the AMA. Appreciate your responses to my responses mate, wasn't expecting you to convert you on every question, but I seemed to land a positive success ratio overall. :P

JayRated #80 Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:27 PM

• Administrator
  • 3541 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Post13bladez, on 06 September 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

JayRated - Decides to end the thread while i am writing a query, acts as tho said query doesn't exist. Veddy nice

Sorry dude, I was tired and hungry af when I was wrapping up the AMA - thought your question was responded to by Prof/one of the other guys above - didn't realize you were just bouncing off each other to ask more questions.

Releasing usernames/results of sanctions is against the policy of CS - as I was referring to it specifically in the context of 'why can't I be told if a player I reported has been banned'. In terms of publicly listing players who have committed a certain offence. Sure it is legal in a EULA sense as you're right we do own the rights to your account and it's use, but in our in-game rules (note, different to EULA) we have a section against publicly naming and shaming players. So we don't do it more to keep in line with the privacy standards we hold our community to more so than from a legal standpoint.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss this further, as this AMA is still officially closed. Just making sure I followed up the follow ups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users