• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

pr154 #81 Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:22 PM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 19316 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View Postpr154, on 06 September 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hey Jay, love your work and thanks for providing this opportunity to those that can't always be there for the WG on-the-ground events...

The Clan Content in World of Tanks is quite broad, and by catering to a wide range of Tier Capability it makes it very accessible. It seems however to be very much reliant on the willingness of Clan Senior Officers to promote the content to their members. Clan loyalties often run strong as they are underpinned by ties of family and frienship (IRL or otherwise), and I can't help but feel there's a massive untapped reserve of willing participants in clan content who are rendered blissfully ignorant by apathetic senior officers. This anecdote has been supported by a number of our recruits, whom we'd taken months to extract from otherwise inactive clans.

The Question:

Is there more that can be done to promote the clan content of the game to the individual account-holder rather than be reliant on the clan command to get people involved?

View PostJayRated, on 06 September 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

Hey PR, my pleasure, love the question. Just want to make sure I'm fully understanding you. When you talk about clan content, do you mean promoting events like Global Map and Campaigns on a macro level? Or do you mean more in terms of an in-game notification system that would alert online clan members a battle will be commencing or something like that?

View Postpr154, on 06 September 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

Thanks mate, my question goes more towards promoting the existence of events on the Global Map as they arise and the existence and format of other Clan v Clan content such as strongholds generally.

The premise of the question is that I would like to see account holders able to make an informed choice as to whether they stay in their existing clan or join a clan that participates in that competitive content.

Even a fairly organised clan like ours with a high degree of member enthusiasm for Clan modes of the game is still reliant on our senior officers to tell our rank-and-file what is going on. 

Hey Jay - Hoping this one might find itself in the mix with the next Jay-MA  :)

SK00T3R #82 Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:19 AM

Private

• 31820 battles
  • [SWAN] SWAN

Good Morning Jay,

In relation to the above question from PR154 above  i would like to add to the same issue also,

Last few campaigns we at Swan have not had the numbers of member to fully contribute to the wars as a team, however our brothers in Reign have continuously opened their arms and accepted us to join their rank n file to be able to participate in the clan wars with them, (Thanks PR & Final), in the near future is their a possibility to incorporate the ease of transition to join an active clan competing in the campaign or an opportunity to highlight clans looking for willing players for the duration of the campaign only. A suggestion or thought is a temporary clan tag affiliated to both my home clan and say a host clan. I want to keep Swan active to add value to the Aussie based clans to allow more advances, skirm opportunities rather than switching to the HK server. 

Ezz #83 Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:22 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69233 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I'd certainly consider joining a campaign clan if it meant i didn't have to leave KAC.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #84 Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:03 AM

Captain

• 69256 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostJayRated, on 06 September 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

10. Unlikely, as the justification behind the improved aim-assist is their significantly higher speed and mobility, especially in turning mode.

With the Wheelies getting Aim Assist its because they are hard to aim while travelling at high speed and turning rapidly.

I get this impacts attacking powers, hence AA. Sure shooting is harder but scouting is arguably easier. And DEFENSIVE powers are enhanced as well, if its hard to aim while shooting because of vehicle movement, its equally hard to aim at and hit that target which is moving fast and erratically.

I enjoy playing scouts, but the AA as it stands negates the downsides of the wheelies mobility, while tolerating the huge benefit of said mobility.

I'd be happy with a significantly decreased accuracy when you have acquired a target with AA, yes you can aquire it, but you have a much harder time hitting it.  

Holeinthehead #85 Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:24 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 55876 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
Boat ? What boat ?

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Warhammer124 #86 Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:40 AM

Representative of the anti drama organization

• 18431 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

Will the IS-4 receive its rework soon? And if so, how are the devs planning to rework it? Will the rumored "ST-II" be introduced?

Hippity Hoppity no drama lords on my property 

CardinalMite #87 Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:53 PM

Captain

• 29570 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 12 September 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

With the Wheelies getting Aim Assist its because they are hard to aim while travelling at high speed and turning rapidly.

I get this impacts attacking powers, hence AA. Sure shooting is harder but scouting is arguably easier. And DEFENSIVE powers are enhanced as well, if its hard to aim while shooting because of vehicle movement, its equally hard to aim at and hit that target which is moving fast and erratically.

I enjoy playing scouts, but the AA as it stands negates the downsides of the wheelies mobility, while tolerating the huge benefit of said mobility.

I'd be happy with a significantly decreased accuracy when you have acquired a target with AA, yes you can aquire it, but you have a much harder time hitting it.  

Given anyone can basically have improved AA via mods for any tank it is completely illogical of WG to keep it as an only wheelies thing to vanilla client. In practise they are just punishing players unnecessarily if they want to run vanilla client..

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

CardinalMite #88 Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:01 PM

Captain

• 29570 battles

View PostJayRated, on 11 September 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

Ironically we've been chatting about this in Discord in the days following the AMA. Appreciate your responses to my responses mate, wasn't expecting you to convert you on every question, but I seemed to land a positive success ratio overall. :P

Always happy to debate cordially and will keep an open mind. Of course the chat in Discord would only be persistent if you are talking about the direct discussion we had. :P

Some questions are just that, so neither side has to convert the other here, although some subjects will always spark passionate debate... 

The real  question is how much does WG really hear when they get responses to their positions from the community? :harp:

Edited by CardinalMite, 14 September 2019 - 02:03 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

HoPeY_ #89 Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:20 PM

Major

• 101302 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
Was this thread suppose to be weekly or bi Yearly?

Profanisaurus #90 Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:48 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View PostJayRated, on 05 September 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

With that in mind, I'd like to combat both of those notions by opening the floor to a Forum-focused AMA, where I will aim to launch one of these threads every so often 

Responding from tomorrow (Friday the 6th of September) morning onwards. See you then!

- JR

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

HoPeY_ #91 Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:51 AM

Major

• 101302 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
See you all here in 2021 then I guess.

Puggsley #92 Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• 69256 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostCardinalMite, on 14 September 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

Given anyone can basically have improved AA via mods for any tank it is completely illogical of WG to keep it as an only wheelies thing to vanilla client. In practise they are just punishing players unnecessarily if they want to run vanilla client..

I thought that was an illegal mod these days?

Ezz #93 Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:49 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69233 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 16 September 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

I thought that was an illegal mod these days?

Thanks to WG there are two versions of AA+ - one illegal - non 'on outline' autolock, and one legal - allows autolock if outline within x seconds.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #94 Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• 29570 battles

Super clear huh?

WG literally disadvantage the vanilla users, guess which player demographic that is the most? New players, you know those players that WG should be doing everything possible to retain... And would benefit the most from improved AA.

Edited by CardinalMite, 16 September 2019 - 03:32 PM.

Ezz #95 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:42 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69233 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Question for WG - if we claim the FL reward this season, what will be possible in the 2 remaining seasons in terms of consumables?

Napalmer #96 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:51 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 48202 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostEzz, on 16 September 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

Question for WG - if we claim the FL reward this season, what will be possible in the 2 remaining seasons in terms of consumables?

I can answer that.

Apparently you get given all 30 tokens when you max prestige for the consumables.

Source: Clan-mate that was very 'busy' today.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Ezz #97 Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:11 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69233 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNapalmer, on 16 September 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

I can answer that.

Apparently you get given all 30 tokens when you max prestige for the consumables.

Source: Clan-mate that was very 'busy' today.

Cool. So can still play with consumables. Was going to say it would be rather silly if on completing you would then basically be stuffed for the remainder.

Profanisaurus #98 Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:58 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Confirmed with Circon today gives you 30 tokens.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Ezz #99 Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69233 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJayRated, on 06 September 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Regarding this approach with ISPs and routing, I would be more than happy to re-examine the processes undertaken by WG in the past. I will simply preface that by saying that factors such as the NBN rolling out at a glacial pace combined with new cables being laid throughout SEA and to/from ANZ that the solution may not be as streamlined as it once was.

Hi Jay, it's been a few weeks, any updates on ISP / routing improvements?

Holeinthehead #100 Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:32 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 55876 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
Or the broken camouflage ?

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users