Joggle my memory, was there a 50% off tier 8 gold tanks before?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #1 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:18 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74890 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

I remember there was a 30% off two years ago but nothing similar since

And also some rare 50% off for some really piss-poor tanks

But a 50% off normal tanks, has there been any?

Asking because T92 is 30% off right now, which makes my AMX 13 57 purchase seem stupid (more expensive lol).

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

U12D13 #2 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:51 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 39492 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Unless its a marathon mission, I can't remember any either.

Usually its 15/30% off in my memory.

(Edit: for tier 8 and up I mean) 

Edited by U12D13, 10 September 2019 - 06:52 PM.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

CardinalMite #3 Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:01 PM

Captain

• 29196 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 10 September 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

I remember there was a 30% off two years ago but nothing similar since

And also some rare 50% off for some really piss-poor tanks

But a 50% off normal tanks, has there been any?

Asking because T92 is 30% off right now, which makes my AMX 13 57 purchase seem stupid (more expensive lol).

I take your point but long term I don't see how you wouldn't enjoy the 1357 much more, so arguably worth it.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #4 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:14 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74890 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Too bad WG made mission 279e completable with tier 8 or higher

That is the main reason for getting premium LTs. I still need a German and a French.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

spacewolf #5 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:33 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 72993 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

If you bought the 13 57 off sale it's still good value.

The T92 is not worth the coin. The ELC is better for missions. Failing that, that EBR thing could be good for missions too though it is a mobile scout vs the ELC's capability to be a camo scout. 

There has been some strong sales on 8's in the past - even a 50% IIRC - but I sincerely doubt you'll see one before or after xmas (which is usually hidden inside loot boxes).

Proudly sponsored by WG

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #6 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:16 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74890 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

French LT missions are generally not hard to complete tho

My French 15.2 was completed with either an AMX 13 105 or the EBR 105 in one day. And it so happens to be also the first win after 5 battles in that day. So apparently winning is as hard as a personal mission on the Asia server nowadays.

So less need for a premium

Trying to complete LT missions for Alliances on the other hand... I had to use a T49 and that was painful. And UK did not have LT back then. Not that the current ones are good for scouting anyway.

Ezz #7 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:24 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68099 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The t49 is fine as a scout  due to its view range - tho i guess depending on mission. But then i dropped my rammer for vents and have a pretty good crew which will help.

Edited by Ezz, 11 September 2019 - 10:24 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #8 Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

Captain

• 68020 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Man I've been trying to get that damn 2 Patrol duties in 12 games one and even EVEN is failing me. Got 4.8k spotting last night zipping about the middle area of highway, 8 tanks assist damaged and it was still not good enough for a Patrol medal. I'm not sure if all the spotting damage to a particular tank has to be done while your the only one spotting it, or if its just a portion of any spotting damage. :sceptic:

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #9 Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:50 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74890 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
EVEN is horrid...

Wodka_Warrior #10 Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:28 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 19497 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 11 September 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

EVEN is horrid...

Flipmaster special? (・o・)

Puggsley #11 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:34 PM

Captain

• 68020 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Funnest tank in the game for me. Its very hard to flip.

mttspiii #12 Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:13 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31606 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Can't remember a 50% off tier 8 prems, unless it's from one of those "coupons" that WG gives out randomly.

Best I can think of is 75% off a Matilda IV 

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #13 Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:20 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74890 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
STA-2 had a 50% off. It is that bad.

neokai #14 Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:42 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles
coupons went up to 35% iirc
Spoiler

FramFramson #15 Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:50 AM

Major

• 43461 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostPuggsley, on 10 September 2019 - 11:00 PM, said:

Man I've been trying to get that damn 2 Patrol duties in 12 games one and even EVEN is failing me. Got 4.8k spotting last night zipping about the middle area of highway, 8 tanks assist damaged and it was still not good enough for a Patrol medal. I'm not sure if all the spotting damage to a particular tank has to be done while your the only one spotting it, or if its just a portion of any spotting damage. :sceptic:

IIRC, they have to be tanks you initially spotted.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users