Pole grinding

# not what you think...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Wodka_Warrior #1 Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:51 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 19497 battles

G'day tankers! 

What's the general consensus on the Polish heavy line?...the tier 8 prem and the 9/10 look beasty af. 

Cheers!

HexHammer #2 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• 33464 battles

The tier9 tanks is great, the rest of them are not so good, and all below tier 8 are awful, at least in my experience

The premium can poke corners without taking damage, because the bits that extend our in front of the tracks are not part of the hull. Dont own one, but they have given me plenty of problems, I am thinking it would be an ok tank to have

Warhammer124 #3 Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:52 AM

Representative of the anti drama organization

• 16552 battles
  • [COMCR] COMCR
The tier 4 already put me down.
Hippity Hoppity no drama lords on my property 

mttspiii #4 Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31606 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostWodka_Warrior, on 11 September 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

G'day tankers! 

What's the general consensus on the Polish heavy line?...the tier 8 prem and the 9/10 look beasty af. 

Cheers!

Grinded only up to the tier 8 so far; waiting for the next Line Focus for the discount to get the 50TP and finish that month off with a 60TP.

LT tier 1-4

- 4TP: Meh. Paper-thin tank with a larger gun than the MS-1 but trades DPM and penetration for it. Largest gun for tier 1 without moving to UK landship category.

- 7TP: Meh. That excellent 40mm lacks only DPM, but won't carry over. Also remember that turret and 37mm Bofors, you'll be seeing that up to tier 5

- 10TP: Ugh. A fast cruiser tank with the same crappy tier 2 Bofors gun-turret combo, a 47mm that's let down by bad DPM, gun bloom, and doesn't carry over. Also known as a Pz1c snack.

- 14TP: Worst tank in the line IMHO. Faster cruiser tank also with the crappy Bofors gun-turret combo from tier 2, and has either a meh 47mm with horrid DPM and gun bloom (and still doesn't carry over), or an automatic 40mm Pom-pom whose pen is so lacking you'd be forced to flank Panzers and Lee's, even with premium ammo. Still a Pz1c snack.

MT tier 5-6

- 25TP: typical tier 5 MT that trades HE-pennable armor for being able to mount the best 75mm for its tier in a decent and ridiculously narrow turret. Not a subpar tank, but not amazing.

Spoiler

- 40TP: MT armor, HT speed, TD gun, SPG food. Quite decent, as long as you remember you're only barely faster than a Churchill.

Spoiler

HT onwards

- 45TP: decent, punchy 105mm, small profile, iffy turret armor and bad hull armor with a large cupola, also surprisingly mobile. Good gun depression. It's actually a good support HT with decent alpha at 2/3 the size and fragility of the AMX M4 45. No glaring weaknesses, and at least your turret lets you play bully as long as the cupola is spared. Weak sides though, sidescraping is really hard. Fun tank.

- 53TP: long tank. weak sides. Hull front is iffy, stock turret is a flat 200mm box but elite turret is almost as good as IS-3 turret but with good gun depression. 105mm stock gun is as good as T32's gun so the 105mm is surprisingly a viable gun to use with good all-around stats. 1st 122mm is an XP sink that's worse than the 105mm; don't bother with it and grind for the elite 122mm which is an ace as far as tier 8 guns go. The "only" 218 pen isn't a problem since you have gun dep, gun handling, and turret armor you have time to choose your targets and aim carefully. This is where you get to bully enemies reliably. A good tank.

Edited by mttspiii, 12 September 2019 - 04:06 PM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Wodka_Warrior #5 Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:26 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 19497 battles

Thanks for the in depth review mttspiii appreciate it.

View PostWarhammer124, on 12 September 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

The tier 4 already put me down.

Lol yeah played that on my mates acc. What pos!!

View PostHexHammer, on 11 September 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

The tier9 tanks is great, the rest of them are not so good, and all below tier 8 are awful, at least in my experience

The premium can poke corners without taking damage, because the bits that extend our in front of the tracks are not part of the hull. Dont own one, but they have given me plenty of problems, I am thinking it would be an ok tank to have

Yeah just read the wiki...seems pretty cool. A lot of free xp is needed to get to the heavies..which I don't have lol. 

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users