steel hunter teaming replay suggestion

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

pr154 #1 Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:13 PM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 18262 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

Seems like the thresholds for applying 3-day bans for teaming in Steel Hunter is pretty low

Clans are particularly susceptible to accusations of teaming, as their tags make their association readily identifiable. Unfortunately on the evidence it seems as though a Steel Hunter choosing (consciously or otherwise) to engage a non-member over a clan member seems to be grounds for a 3-day ban, and the complainant being given the benefit of the doubt.

If the ban thresholds are going to be so sensitive to an implied association, then perhaps future forays into the Battle Royale sphere should suppress the names/tags of players. This will limit the potential to identify associates to team with, and limit the potential for spurious accusations.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:53 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74890 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

You do realize the requirement of a ban requires video proof?

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/announcements/steel-hunter-teaming/

Block Quote

Please send a ticket to our Customer Support team with the following information:

• Reported player IGNs 
  • Link to a stream video (Youtube, Twitch, etc) with timestamp (e.g. from XX:00 ~ XX:00) of the relevant offense
  • Screenshot of the final leaderboard of the match

If you think you have been wrongly accused, you can always provide the video proof to prove otherwise...

Also, your suggestion doesn't work, because all it requires is Discord to identify players. Why not a better suggestion: Stop pressing "play" at the same time? I don't remember seeing any specific clan with higher intensity than normal; I actually remember encountering specific IGNs more than clans. So you must have some tough luck that somehow u keep having two players with the same tag appearing at the same area and killing the same target who also happens to be a streamer.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

pr154 #3 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:11 PM

Sergeant

• 18262 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 11 September 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

You do realize the requirement of a ban requires video proof?

Yes but my point is that merely being in the same postcode as another clan member is enough for well-meaning WG mods to give the rando the benefit of the doubt

If you think you have been wrongly accused, you can always provide the video proof to prove otherwise...

Even if you did have every session recording, how do you know which match is the one in question? WG won't tell you for the sake of the privacy of your accuser 

Also, your suggestion doesn't work, because all it requires is Discord to identify players.

How? I'd probably suggest removing the tags would make potential teamers alot harder to coordinate in the first place...

Why not a better suggestion: Stop pressing "play" at the same time?

We'll certainly be making efforts to remind our members of the risks associated with being in the same Steel Hunters game as another member. And if 3-day bans are involved during competitive events such as Clan Wars, we may well suggest to our people that the risks associated with the game mode are too high

I don't remember seeing any specific clan with higher intensity than normal; I actually remember encountering specific IGNs more than clans. So you must have some tough luck that somehow u keep having two players with the same tag appearing at the same area and killing the same target who also happens to be a streamer

Everybody's memory works differently. I can remember where I've seen other actors before but damned if I can remember their names... 

Ezz #4 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:11 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68099 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Definitely, in addition to removing replays wg should also remove names. That will definitely help the issue of [edited] cheating.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

jumphonner #5 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:14 PM

First lieutenant

• 54527 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Wow, I cant believe that REIGN would break the rules. Dont tell me so. They are impeccable sticklers for the rules and are quick to run to WG when they are broken.

Quite frankly, im surprised.

Muted till 9 December 2019

pr154 #6 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:21 PM

Sergeant

• 18262 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostEzz, on 11 September 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

Definitely, in addition to removing replays wg should also remove names. That will definitely help the issue of [edited] cheating.

The easiest reports for mods to administer are no reports, but I do take your point... You'd probably need another identifying characteristic to link a complaint back to an account, but something less obvious than "That there fullah with the tags, shot me instead of that other fullah with the same tags... Must be cheating eh"

pr154 #7 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:23 PM

Sergeant

• 18262 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View Postjumphonner, on 11 September 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

Wow, I cant believe that REIGN would break the rules. Dont tell me so. They are impeccable sticklers for the rules and are quick to run to WG when they are broken.

Quite frankly, im surprised.

Appreciate your confidence in us Jump :teethhappy: Seriously though, this affects all clans

It's a presumption of guilt by association, and most countries have laws preventing that sort of thing

jumphonner #8 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:34 PM

First lieutenant

• 54527 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postpr154, on 11 September 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

Appreciate your confidence in us Jump :teethhappy: Seriously though, this affects all clans

It's a presumption of guilt by association, and most countries have laws preventing that sort of thing

Grow a thicker skin mate. Man up and accept your punishment

pr154 #9 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:41 PM

Sergeant

• 18262 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View Postjumphonner, on 11 September 2019 - 09:34 PM, said:

For the record it's not me, but when three members within 24hrs get 3-day bans for Steel Hunter as a result of spurious claims then I'm duty-bound to make constructive public suggestions as to how to remedy the problem

Final_Pandemic #10 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:44 PM

Corporal

• 24810 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View Postjumphonner, on 11 September 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

I'm so Glad to see such a wonderful Contribution to this thread from an Upstanding Member of the World of Tanks Community

Edited by Final_Pandemic, 11 September 2019 - 07:47 PM.

jumphonner #11 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:45 PM

First lieutenant

• 54527 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postpr154, on 11 September 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

For the record it's not me, but when three members within 24hrs get 3-day bans for Steel Hunter as a result of spurious claims then I'm duty-bound to make constructive public suggestions as to how to remedy the problem

So it is only some rules that REIGN like WG to apply?

Spurious claims? LMAO, you crack me up. Go have a look in the mirror mate.

As I said, grow a thicker skin and man up.

jumphonner #12 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:46 PM

First lieutenant

• 54527 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostFinal_Pandemic, on 11 September 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

I'm so Glad to see such a wonderful Contribution to this thread from an Upstanding 1AR Member.

Oh look, here comes the Commander of the Snowflakes.

What part of abiding by the rules do you object to?

Final_Pandemic #13 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:52 PM

Corporal

• 24810 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View Postjumphonner, on 11 September 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

Oh look, here comes the Commander of the Snowflakes.

What part of abiding by the rules do you object to?

Obviously you seem to have an Issue with Reign in General @jumphonner, Otherwise our members wouldn't receive consistent and constant abuse and harassment from you. However this isn't the thread to continue it in.

If you have nothing further that is constructive towards this Threads topic, then I kindly ask you to refrain from posting.

pr154 #14 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:53 PM

Sergeant

• 18262 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN
If we can return to the topic at hand lads, I wouldn't be mad ;)

pr154 #15 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:56 PM

Sergeant

• 18262 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View Postjumphonner, on 11 September 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

So it is only some rules that REIGN like WG to apply?

My issue isn't the rules - I think all present would agree that teaming is an absolute blight on the Steel Hunters mode and should be actively discouraged with punishments such as 3-day bans

My issue is that clan members seem to be subject to guilt by association and lack benefit of the doubt when it comes to the enforcement of that rule

Ezz #16 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:03 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68099 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

To be quite honest threads like this are rather reassuring that support is actually doing something about the issue of cheating [edited]. I'd be all for stiffer policing of the [edited] in all forms.

That being said, given the normal course of appeal requires a replay, it is rather amusing that WG now don't even have that to fall back on.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

jumphonner #17 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:04 PM

First lieutenant

• 54527 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostFinal_Pandemic, on 11 September 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

Obviously you seem to have an Issue with Reign in General @jumphonner, Otherwise our members wouldn't receive consistent and constant abuse and harassment from you. However this isn't the thread to continue it in.

If you have nothing further that is constructive towards this Threads topic, then I kindly ask you to refrain from posting.

Friend, ask all you like. Until you can point me to the WG rule that doesn't allow me to voice my opinion in the forums, I'll have to tell you politely stick your request where the sun doesn't shine.

If I comprehend English correctly, your clan have been obviously been sanctioned by WG for breaking the rules and an officer of yours doesn't like it.

Well, once again, why are these rules in particular optional to REIGN members? Why is your clan so special [in so many aspects of that word] ?

Ezz #18 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:11 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68099 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Rather than suppress names and clan tags, maybe a better idea would just be to prevent clanned players from being in the same battle. Not only would it prevent any clans correctly or incorrectly being done for cheating, but it would also increase the belief from the player's perspective that WG actually cares about their events not being rigged.

pr154 #19 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:20 PM

Sergeant

• 18262 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostEzz, on 11 September 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

Rather than suppress names and clan tags, maybe a better idea would just be to prevent clanned players from being in the same battle. Not only would it prevent any clans correctly or incorrectly being done for cheating, but it would also increase the belief from the player's perspective that WG actually cares about their events not being rigged.

^^ Eyyy, there we go! Proactive and constructive post - Thanks Ezz

Wish a few more individuals present could be as focussed on working out practical solutions

Ezz #20 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:26 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68099 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
You should probably realise that most of the time the idea of constructive practical solutions are done under the guise of satire... because WG.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users