• [-RGB-] -RGB-
Don't sit in discord and count 1,2,3?

wasaabi #22 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:45 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22441 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Postpr154, on 11 September 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

The easiest reports for mods to administer are no reports, but I do take your point... You'd probably need another identifying characteristic to link a complaint back to an account, but something less obvious than "That there fullah with the tags, shot me instead of that other fullah with the same tags... Must be cheating eh"

Moderators do not give game bans, that is WG and as mentioned above only with significant evidence.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

pr154 #23 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:58 PM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 19305 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View Postwasaabi, on 11 September 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Moderators do not give game bans, that is WG and as mentioned above only with significant evidence.

Thanks wasaabi - I'm probably using the term "mod" a little loosely in this instance, and either way I'm not inferring their integrity is in doubt here 

In the particular case that triggered this post, the affected member has described to me having "tunnel vision" at a particular opponent although noted another clan member was nearby... The fact that the complainant was shot instead of the nearby clan member appears to be basis for the accusation of teaming and resultant 3-Day ban

HexHammer #24 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• 33509 battles

I once got a 7 day ban for using illegal mods, even though I never used any mods and had all my replays as proof.

I think they sit there sweating on any opportunity to use their banning powers, forget about even trying to appeal

OmaeWaMouShindeiruu #25 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:20 PM

Private

• 28415 battles

I wasn't going to say anything but it's a clan of pathological liars. It's unreal.

Tunnel vision indeed. They tunnel visioned into 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the end of the match. Must not have seen each other before, during and after they killed me.

As a note pr154 saw this video about an hour ago and he's still pretending it was an unjustified ban.

Ezz #26 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:26 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69233 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostOmaeWaMouShindeiruu, on 11 September 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

I wasn't going to say anything but it's a clan of pathological liars. It's unreal.

Tunnel vision indeed. They tunnel visioned into 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the end of the match. Must not have seen each other before, during and after they killed me.

As a note pr154 saw this video about an hour ago and he's still pretending it was an unjustified ban.

Maybe it was a desync thing. You know where suddenly you can't see tanks right next to you. Really bad luck.............

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Napalmer #27 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:40 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 48199 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Pretty much what I ran into on night 1.

Sorry pr, but making a thread like this doesn't excuse the behaviour.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

OmaeWaMouShindeiruu #28 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:43 PM

Private

• 28415 battles

View PostEzz, on 11 September 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Maybe it was a desync thing. You know where suddenly you can't see tanks right next to you. Really bad luck.............

Hmm that seems unlikely.

The most likely explanation is that the large hadron collider malfunctioned spawning three black hole anomalies as opaque cataracts in the eyes of the three players. The black holes constantly shifted position for the remainder of the match and through sheer coincidence obscured their view from each other but not from the other players.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #29 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:46 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 76490 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostOmaeWaMouShindeiruu, on 11 September 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

Not qualified as evidence because it is not in 60fps

How to solve all problems once and for all with just 3 lines of code:

if ( battle_type = CW | RB | SH ) {

mod_folder.disable

}

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #30 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:51 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 76490 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Postpr154, on 11 September 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

You do realize the requirement of a ban requires video proof?

Yes but my point is that merely being in the same postcode as another clan member is enough for well-meaning WG mods to give the rando the benefit of the doubt

If you think you have been wrongly accused, you can always provide the video proof to prove otherwise...

Even if you did have every session recording, how do you know which match is the one in question? WG won't tell you for the sake of the privacy of your accuser 

Also, your suggestion doesn't work, because all it requires is Discord to identify players.

How? I'd probably suggest removing the tags would make potential teamers alot harder to coordinate in the first place...

Why not a better suggestion: Stop pressing "play" at the same time?

We'll certainly be making efforts to remind our members of the risks associated with being in the same Steel Hunters game as another member. And if 3-day bans are involved during competitive events such as Clan Wars, we may well suggest to our people that the risks associated with the game mode are too high

I don't remember seeing any specific clan with higher intensity than normal; I actually remember encountering specific IGNs more than clans. So you must have some tough luck that somehow u keep having two players with the same tag appearing at the same area and killing the same target who also happens to be a streamer

Everybody's memory works differently. I can remember where I've seen other actors before but damned if I can remember their names... 

I love the fact that this post has an upvote. Wonder whose it is. Definitely not teaming.

How to solve all problems once and for all with just 3 lines of code:

if ( battle_type = CW | RB | SH ) {

mod_folder.disable

}

Twit_ #31 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• 18767 battles
  • [P__C] P__C
All three of those tanks would have proxied each other, and would have seen each other on the radar.... desync is really poor excuse for quite obvious teaming. Maybe ask for video evidence from your upstanding clanmates/senior officers first before making a thread about them being banned pr. 

The mindset you need to improve

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVEN WHEN YOU OF IN THE COLD FOOD OF OUT HOT EAT THE FOOD 

pr154 #32 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:05 PM

Sergeant

• 19305 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

Addressing what appears to be an elephant in the room... Omae kindly made this video available to me privately after I started the thread and again I thank him for bringing this disgraceful behaviour to my attention. Rest assured I've given the members involved an appropriate serve. Omae is aware of this having been advised privately of that exact transcript 

This wasn't, however, the case I was referring to although it is a prime example of why the bans do and should exist - This has never been in dispute

For avoidance of doubt I'm not a pathological liar, and I'm not going to pretend any bans resulting from the above are unjustified. It's disgraceful play of the highest order.

Edited by pr154, 11 September 2019 - 10:13 PM.

kovacs #33 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:30 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 21892 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-

View Postpr154, on 11 September 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Addressing what appears to be an elephant in the room... Omae kindly made this video available to me privately after I started the thread and again I thank him for bringing this disgraceful behaviour to my attention. Rest assured I've given the members involved an appropriate serve. Omae is aware of this having been advised privately of that exact transcript 

This wasn't, however, the case I was referring to although it is a prime example of why the bans do and should exist - This has never been in dispute

For avoidance of doubt I'm not a pathological liar, and I'm not going to pretend any bans resulting from the above are unjustified. It's disgraceful play of the highest order.

and they lied to you...

OmaeWaMouShindeiruu #34 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:31 PM

Private

• 28415 battles

View Postpr154, on 11 September 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Hmm it seems unlikely that this wasn't the incident you were referring to given that earlier you said:

View Postpr154, on 11 September 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

For the record it's not me, but when three members within 24hrs get 3-day bans for Steel Hunter as a result of spurious claims then I'm duty-bound to make constructive public suggestions as to how to remedy the problem

I would guess that the three members you mentioned would be the three members in the video. Unless your whole clan is getting banned left, right and centre.

View Postpr154, on 11 September 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

Thanks wasaabi - I'm probably using the term "mod" a little loosely in this instance, and either way I'm not inferring their integrity is in doubt here 

In the particular case that triggered this post, the affected member has described to me having "tunnel vision" at a particular opponent although noted another clan member was nearby... The fact that the complainant was shot instead of the nearby clan member appears to be basis for the accusation of teaming and resultant 3-Day ban

There's no way that the match in the video isn't the case that triggered this post. Unless you are seriously saying you have a 4th-6th member who have also been banned?

The only reason I posted was because it was annoying me that you kept trying to discredit the idea that someone in your clan cheated as if it's beyond the realm of possibility. Also that you were trying to play sympathy cards and create doubt in the hopes of getting the bans overturned, even after reviewing the evidence of guilt yourself. Watching you double and triple down was driving me nuts. After I sent you the video I was expecting a "Whoops my bad, please ignore" as your next post, but i got this insanity instead.

pr154 #35 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:50 PM

Sergeant

• 19305 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostOmaeWaMouShindeiruu, on 12 September 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

I would guess that the three members you mentioned would be the three members in the video. Unless your whole clan is getting banned left, right and centre.

There were two others extraneous to that video who were banned of whom one of those members is the case to which the post relates

There's no way that the match in the video isn't the case that triggered this post. Unless you are seriously saying you have a 4th-6th member who have also been banned?

Yes - As above 

The only reason I posted was because it was annoying me that you kept trying to discredit the idea that someone in your clan cheated as if it's beyond the realm of possibility. Also that you were trying to play sympathy cards and create doubt in the hopes of getting the bans overturned, even after reviewing the evidence of guilt yourself. Watching you double and triple down was driving me nuts. After I sent you the video I was expecting a "Whoops my bad, please ignore" as your next post, but i got this insanity instead.

I don't believe it to be outside the realm of possiblity that REIGN members can cheat, and I don't believe anything I've posted discredits what you told me privately (now publically) as I was referring to a different case 

I am not seeking to play the sympathy card in relation to the above video you've shared, nor would I defend their actions or seek an overturn of any bans related to this video.

I have posted in relation to a specific case where a tank was fired at instead of a clan member who happened to be in the area. Were it not for the fact of clan tags the member involved feels it highly unlikely that it would have been reported as a teaming issue.

I therefore suggested the suppression of names and/or clan tags so that guilt by association is not a factor in the enforcement of Fair Play principles, and to make it more difficult for teamers to get together in the first place

Ezz #36 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:59 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69233 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Does PR work in PR perhaps? There's quite some spin. Must be that hadron collider.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

pr154 #37 Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:09 PM

Sergeant

• 19305 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostEzz, on 12 September 2019 - 12:59 AM, said:

Does PR work in PR perhaps?

Haha, no I swear too much to work in PR :B

Twit_ #38 Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• 18767 battles
  • [P__C] P__C

View PostOmaeWaMouShindeiruu, on 11 September 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

Hmm it seems unlikely that this wasn't the incident you were referring to given that earlier you said:

Took a look into reign's discord... apparently this thread was made as a completely different member to those three guys in the vid was also banned. I dare say that they seem to have a problem more than a few members not following rules for this mode. If you can't win properly without cheating in a mode as simple and as fun as this one is, then I don't know what to say. Not to mention that if you didn't do anything wrong, you wouldn't have been banned. Or at the very least, you would have chosen to contact support first rather than try muster some internet support on the forums.

Unfortunate how it turned out but the right thing would be to accept your bans and move on.

The mindset you need to improve

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVEN WHEN YOU OF IN THE COLD FOOD OF OUT HOT EAT THE FOOD 

pr154 #39 Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:32 AM

Sergeant

• 19305 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostTwit_, on 12 September 2019 - 02:26 AM, said:

Took a look into reign's discord... apparently this thread was made as a completely different member to those three guys in the vid was also banned.

Cheers Twit... We did take the WG appeals avenue first,  and after escalating the review it was determined that clan tags left too much grey area to justify overturning the ban.

To this end you can see why I've suggested suppression of names/tags as a solution to help avoid similar incidents in future events. While I disagree with the application of the ban in the case in question, at no stage have I used this platform to request that it be overturned 

jumphonner #40 Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:30 AM

First lieutenant

• 55639 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Wow, I am genuinely shocked.

Muted till 9 December 2019

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

As seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

Skrublord! Not another cent WG. Former Wallet Warrior.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users