Stronghold Battles

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

HoPeY_ #41 Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:44 AM

Major

• 106040 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Already sorted. Just add rewards from WG. Only thing that seems to get us going.

pr154 #42 Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:04 AM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 27279 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostHoPeY_, on 23 September 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

Already sorted. Just add rewards from WG. Only thing that seems to get us going.

Plenty of accessible rewards from Stronghold though... Take War Games for instance... From a Draw and a Defeat in Advances last night we came away with a Tier XII Free XP Booster (+500% for 2hrs)... All we had to do for it was play with a heap of Legio's... Yield was 16K Industrial Resource, which we'll use to run Combat XP boosters this week in support of the "On-Track to the STB-1" and "EX Fever" Missions (for those brave enough to pay the discounted Free XP conversion)... Means to ends that really help develop the clan...

Even Tier VI skirmish is pretty rewarding, and I'd argue in terms of Credits per Hour it's on par with Frontlines.... If you're running a premium account and shooting standard rounds through a T-34-85M / Type 64 / Cromwell B, you'll be making 30-40k per battle on a win and 5k on a loss even without the assistance of clan/personal reserves - With lots of clans up, the queue times are short and the nature of the game mode means a high turnover of games

Promoting these facts would be great for getting more activity in the mode

HoPeY_ #43 Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

Major

• 106040 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
War Games rewards, hence we try.

Twit_ #44 Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:55 PM

69 Recognized

• 19744 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostHoPeY_, on 22 September 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

Map size is fine, those seeking battles found them.

Yep, we sought battles in the first week - and found nothing. On the first day we took at least 4-6 provinces without a battle. We only played 2 games that day. The rest of the week we pushed into other territory only to find the divisions would moved away, or we would take a tech victory. Of the times we did actually play, HK and ANZ clans on both 10v10 and 15v15 would run meme line ups half the time and not put an effort into winning.

You are the team who called for battles then didn't turn up when we came.

You say 'we' like you mean SABRE? I don't remember your clan attacking any of our lands. You were playing in 10v10 the entire season until the last week when YETI and TEAL had already given up playing. 

Like [edited]. Just because TEAL can no longer farm and be immune from multiple clan attacks your idea is to reduce land (and hopefully increase gold per land no doubt) so you can go back to farming? NO WAY.

It's not just TEAL that can no longer farm, it's every clan. The gold income is pitiful compared to NA which has a similar population. Activity there is higher, maybe be because the rewards are better? Decreasing the map forces people to play each other rather than just piddling around the edges for days. Not to mention, any clan can be forced to take techs, so don't complain about us farming if you don't put in the effort from the beginning to unseat us.

The mindset you need to improve

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVEN WHEN YOU OF IN THE COLD FOOD OF OUT HOT EAT THE FOOD 

HoPeY_ #45 Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:46 AM

Major

• 106040 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Block Quote

Yep, we sought battles in the first week - and found nothing. On the first day we took at least 4-6 provinces without a battle. We only played 2 games that day. The rest of the week we pushed into other territory only to find the divisions would moved away, or we would take a tech victory. Of the times we did actually play, HK and ANZ clans on both 10v10 and 15v15 would run meme line ups half the time and not put an effort into winning.

Easy solution. Break up into more manageable clans. Get more scrubs in them, help newer people get better, make TEAL feel like an easier target. You can always reform for events. This has been several years of the likes of TEAL complaining about lack of battles, maybe do something about it instead of the usual excuses.

Block Quote

You say 'we' like you mean SABRE? I don't remember your clan attacking any of our lands. You were playing in 10v10 the entire season until the last week when YETI and TEAL had already given up playing. 

Well you have fail memory or didn't even notice us on 15 vs 15. 3 or 4 clans got rid of TEAL whether you'd given up or not. We hadn't.

Block Quote

It's not just TEAL that can no longer farm, it's every clan. The gold income is pitiful compared to NA which has a similar population. Activity there is higher, maybe be because the rewards are better? Decreasing the map forces people to play each other rather than just piddling around the edges for days. Not to mention, any clan can be forced to take techs, so don't complain about us farming if you don't put in the effort from the beginning to unseat us.

Thought TEAL was all about the battles? alas as you know it's all about the rewards. Map actually got interesting in the early time zone 15 vs 15 for the first time in years when we hit you. So much for the good fights though as you guys just gave us tech wins while racking up 7 penalties or so.

Map size is good. Allows alliances to deal with strong clans like in the old days.

spacewolf #46 Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:21 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 78476 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Why not reduce clan size on the ASIA server to max 30?

....smaller sized clans means more goods spread across more clans. More clans means more map activity.

TBH I have no idea what's going on with the map, am literally out of touch with the game these days, so my idea may be worth less than 2 knobs of goat shit.

Proudly sponsored by WG

HoPeY_ #47 Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:38 AM

Major

• 106040 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Smaller clans might work.. But for many social clans you need 90 to get 15 active at a time :P

spacewolf #48 Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:12 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 78476 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I guess smaller clans leave less room for inactives. Not active? Remove. 30 makes it very easy to manage your active roster. 

Good way to make it an active, contributing, competitive clan wars system. The competition during events would be most fierce! 

Sometimes I surprise myself with such good ideas I come up with.

Edit: let's do a thread with a pole. Get some votes and see if WG can/will implement. 

Mate if 30 person clans doesn't level the playing field for dominance then I dunno what will.

Also, Spacey for PM.

Edited by spacewolf, 25 September 2019 - 08:13 AM.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Profanisaurus #49 Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:23 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Oi.. Spacey... No!
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

HoPeY_ #50 Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:49 AM

Major

• 106040 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Not sure large social clans would like this. Who to kick...who to bring along..

But. What about something along the lines of a base clan that can easily feed a sub clan?

spacewolf #51 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:55 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 78476 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 25 September 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

Oi.. Spacey... No!

I'm just fuelling the fire for multiple Petco clans again. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

Profanisaurus #52 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:06 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Bring back PBFG!!!!

spacewolf #53 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:13 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 78476 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 25 September 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

Bring back PBFG!!!!

The combined might of PBFG and PBKAC in tier 4 - can you imagine!

Proudly sponsored by WG

Ezz #54 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:20 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
With only 30 per clan we could get LAC and SAC back in the hunt.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Profanisaurus #55 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:29 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
BAC, QAK and SAC?

Edited by Profanisaurus, 25 September 2019 - 11:30 AM.

MagicalFlyingFox #56 Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:26 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 36066 battles
Can we get some DAC(s) too?

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 

HexHammer #57 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• 33808 battles

View PostNapalmer, on 21 September 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

The multiplier in some of the earlier campaigns was slightly flawed as you say, but it's natural for players to leave and look for greener pastures come campaign. The last campaign was purely about how much a player played and how well they did in those games. Perhaps it wasn't the multipliers that killed your clan, and instead was the harsh reality that campaigns reward skill and teamwork much more now.

If it was all about skill, they never would have needed the multipliers....

That last season BAMF played, we kicked [edited], regularly beating the good clans too, as we had a buch of guys that were reaching their peak 20-30k games, as well as a few purple players. Once the multipliers kicked in we were wiped out, a handful joined other clans, the bulk left the game totally.

A whole heap of enthusiastic player just gone. Tier6 was the most active comp with hundreds of of active clans. The same thing happened there when they killed tier6 clan wars.

Unless the WG guy making the decisions, falls on his sword or swallows his pride, the decimated ANZ clan community is totally doomed , you know it and I know it.

And they might sell a few more CrommieBs and t-34-85Ms to pay the bills.

Edited by HexHammer, 25 September 2019 - 09:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users