Lowe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Di_inferi #1 Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:39 AM

Private

• 3174 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

After having a couple games in the Lowe I realized it was much harder to play than I expected.

Before purchase I read & watched some reviews on its performance and playstyle. Here is a list of tips I gathered

• Hull-down
  • Side-scratch
  • Hide hull behind higher tier tanks or stone rubble
  • Can snipe from a medium distance, do not brawl when bottom tier
  • Move constantly to avoid cupola being shot
  • Point gun directly towards the enemy
  • Go with teammates
  • Use acpr

but I find those to be insufficient in real match, especially against high tiers, for example

• Unknowingly exposing the upper, or even lower, glacis while hulldown
  • How to avoid exposing lower glacis while sidescratch, without over-angling?
  • Lowe has a mediocre alpha which makes trading shots unwise, but each time I peek to shoot there's always a possibility of getting damaged by the opponent, and it usually only takes one shot to ruin my effort.
  • Difficulty to get more damage

so I would like to know, what would be a better choice of move when I'm playing the Lowe?

I've recorded my first 3 games in Lowe today for reference, surprisingly they're all wins, which is not normally the case. Those wins does not come down to my effort; my team couldve won either with or without me, but there's definitely something I couldve done to help my team, instead of just cleaning up the battle after the win has been decided. 

http://wotreplays.eu...dfb1a3840cd02c1

Edited by SythNek, 15 September 2019 - 09:10 AM.

Jgor_2019 #2 Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:08 AM

Private

• 5080 battles
  • [ANZAO] ANZAO
I bought the Lowe about a week ago; coming from the T29 to the T32 I jumped into the premium Lowe. I love it; after the first 3 or 4 games losing to adapt to speed and accuracy I got better and better. (Still osing some games but not as much as before).
Just have few more games, just think about the fact it is a "support" tank if placed on the bottom tier or a "go for it" tank if you are on higher one, ALWAYS find a cover for your lower plate and you will fly with fun and credits. It makes all the credits to let me enjoy some of the more  non premium tanks I play with.

Di_inferi #3 Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:16 AM

Private

• 3174 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

View PostJgor_2019, on 15 September 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

I bought the Lowe about a week ago; coming from the T29 to the T32 I jumped into the premium Lowe. I love it; after the first 3 or 4 games losing to adapt to speed and accuracy I got better and better. (Still osing some games but not as much as before).
Just have few more games, just think about the fact it is a "support" tank if placed on the bottom tier or a "go for it" tank if you are on higher one, ALWAYS find a cover for your lower plate and you will fly with fun and credits. It makes all the credits to let me enjoy some of the more  non premium tanks I play with.

speaking of fun and credits...i actually had more fun with progetto 46, plus it makes credits about as much as the Lowe does...idk, might be the problem with how im playing it

Jgor_2019 #4 Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:29 AM

Private

• 5080 battles
  • [ANZAO] ANZAO

View PostSythNek, on 15 September 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

speaking of fun and credits...i actually had more fun with progetto 46, plus it makes credits about as much as the Lowe does...idk, might be the problem with how im playing it

If you like to play a bit faster all around yes, I guess the progetto is good fun;
You were mentioning the Lowe and I am not an expert but I have a T20 as medium tank and the gameplay is very different from a medium to an heavy, as you probably know. I started playing with heavy ever since I move up on tiers and I can hardly play on medium, I dont find it so fun ( as probably I did not really discovered the medium tank side of the game). Never had a chance to try the progetto but I imagine it would be a lot different from an heavy tank.

mttspiii #5 Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:04 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

- point gun upwards so your cupola is covered, though your gun gets damaged more often if you do that

- use APCR only when needed; you have one of the highest penetrations for tier 8 HT's so choosing your target and their weakspot lets you maximize the Lowe. Your accuracy lets you do that.

- general tip for hulldown gameplay: first aim as low as possible, then remember where that is on the screen. Then peek out. If you can hit the target within the gun depression, you are truly hulldown. If you have to drive up to shoot, you're exposing your hull.

- same goes for sidescraping: if you can shoot a target as close to the sidescraping wall as possible without reversing too much, you are truly sidescraping. If you had to turn your hull, your sides get penned. If you have to reverse too much, your glacis plate gets penned. If you plan to duel someone via sidescraping, make sure he shoots (and bounces) first before you. If there are teammates, gauge their abilities and figure out if they need your bounciness more or your hitpoints

- "more damage" is rather hard in Lowe, what with the poor DPM and all that. Your best option to increase damage is to survive longer in the first place, outlast your enemies with your superior armor and unerring accuracy

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

spacewolf #6 Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:26 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 73310 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

All you need is this:

You're welcome. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

Several_Sins #7 Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:00 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24196 battles
  • [RNS] RNS
Lowe is a fine tank and even better after its buffs. The armor feels great now.

Gigabyte X79 UD5  |  Xeon E5 2640 v1 @ 3.9Ghz  |  32 GB Samsung ECC DDR3  | GTX 1070

Custom loop, inside a glass desk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users