Flood of new Players from the Chinese server?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

AlexTheKid72 #1 Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:34 PM

Sergeant

• 23078 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
There's a boatload of 0-3k game players at all tiers that wasn't in almost every match 3 weeks ago. 
I met a couple in randoms, strangers working together and having a good time. Platooning for hours, influencing games, working well even though both were Chinese and not allowed Discord - seperate games, met each individually.Found out they are China server players, very experienced, great to play with (they'd shit on me for sure). They played different to meta, it worked. I had a shocking loss streak. 2 days with them recovered to 50% again.
Has anyone noticed bizarre strats recently? I don't mean hero platoon yolo's, I mean 8 tanks rushing a flank (majority 0-3k gamers), go to expected choke point, no-one there, that sort of thing. Maybe I just got a 300 game run of noobs, rerolls, and lucky lemmings?
I put 2 and 2 together and the answer is lemonade popsicle. Has China has allowed it's WoT players to join HK? 

I hope I am right, because (not lemonade) they way they play is soo different to us. It will disrupt our meta if there are alot of them coming, and we won't be "heavies go here, td's here" for a while. That has to be a good thing!

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 20 September 2019 - 11:39 PM.

Ezz #2 Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:45 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Haven't noticed much change to be honest. The usual ratio of 5:10 still seems intact.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

detonate_me_daddy #3 Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:06 PM

Corporal

• 8193 battles
  • [002] 002

Yeah there seems to be something wrong (profit split?)between the Chinese Publisher for WG titles and Wargaming.net. The Chinese server haven't even got WoT 1.0 update for some reason and is still on 9.18 for over a year now. As such many Chinese players suspect that the CN server will be abandoned soon and hence many of them came over to Asia server.

Yeah Im a noob

stewiejp #4 Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:46 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44384 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

1.0 and beyond is the big "selling point" for Chinese players to join Asia I guess - especially with the server being relocated to HK. Guessing the "fair dinkum" players who are after the true WoT Experience (for better or worse) rather than the ability to simply buy any tank in the game will be attracted.

As far as I understand a lot of the tanks which have been purchased by the players on the Chinese server are not in the 1.0+ game files (eg the WTF100), hence them not getting 1.0. 

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

BorisTheBlade888 #5 Posted 22 September 2019 - 05:20 AM

First lieutenant

• 35588 battles
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
Honestly the government in China is so Orwellian it wouldn't surprise me at all if the new players were good communists sent to keep an eye on the HK locals. You probably find the same thing is happening to a number of different games. With everything happening in HK right now China would be keeping an eye out for dissident activity online as well.

Holeinthehead #6 Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:57 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 55747 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
My playtime has been limited this week , and apathy . So this may just be the norm . I did FL off and on yesterday and noticed packs running amok . Up to 12 players driving Progs , EBR's and LT 4 's  moving together . They would either fast kill obj or simply over run zones with less players . Have to admit is very effective . One moment you'd have 10 players in a zone next they were all dead .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #7 Posted 22 September 2019 - 05:51 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75879 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Hmmmmm

SU-130 killing 2 unspotted arties outside of draw distance

Hmmmmm

So is this like the VN server merge all over again?

mttspiii #8 Posted 23 September 2019 - 01:03 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 22 September 2019 - 05:20 AM, said:

Honestly the government in China is so Orwellian it wouldn't surprise me at all if the new players were good communists sent to keep an eye on the HK locals. You probably find the same thing is happening to a number of different games. With everything happening in HK right now China would be keeping an eye out for dissident activity online as well.

Ah, explains why the server was shifted to HK.

Maybe we should get it back to SG before a protest accidentally starts near the servers.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

kickim #9 Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:12 AM

First lieutenant

• 52457 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Yes, have been seeing a lot of Dog tags with Chinese inscriptions lately.

Played 2 full days of Fl, noticed that 1 flank is almost always abandoned while another is always at max limit.

Swarming is the meta now :P

Ezz #10 Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:13 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Sounds about right.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

azmania3000 #11 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

Captain

• 46826 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 22 September 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

With everything happening in HK right now China would be keeping an eye out for dissident activity online as well.

Where do I sign up to be a computer game spy?

Totally need to petition my local MP for a program like this XD

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #12 Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:11 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75879 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Just say some words and get XJP to ban WoT in China, problem solved.

I think this is better for all of us

detonate_me_daddy #13 Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:15 PM

Corporal

• 8193 battles
  • [002] 002

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 10 October 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

Just say some words and get XJP to ban WoT in China, problem solved.

I think this is better for all of us

.....i am confused by your logic,

if WoT is banned in china (which it wont, btw, contray to what people like to say online about posting the china copypasta, because only the poster will be banned, not the avenue which its posted from, otherwise so many chinese forums will say have to say bye-bye), there will only be a bigger influx of *mainland* chinese players to WoT. Which I dont think anyone here would want to see.

Yeah Im a noob

FramFramson #14 Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:54 AM

Major

• 43655 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Post________ExHentai________, on 10 October 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

I dont think anyone here would want to see.

Too late for that!

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #15 Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:44 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75879 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Postdetonate_me_daddy, on 10 October 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

.....i am confused by your logic,

if WoT is banned in china (which it wont, btw, contray to what people like to say online about posting the china copypasta, because only the poster will be banned, not the avenue which its posted from, otherwise so many chinese forums will say have to say bye-bye), there will only be a bigger influx of *mainland* chinese players to WoT. Which I dont think anyone here would want to see.

1) Disney and Winnie the Pooh. (It was not Disney that decided to photoshop XJP into Winnie the Pooh, obviously. Does not stop it from being banned.)

2) China Great Firewall. No Google and YouTube.

FramFramson #16 Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:19 AM

Major

• 43655 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Incidentally, on another game I play which is now doing the "courting a Chinese audience" dance, my character name last season was "Tea_and_a_mint_square".

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users