Refusing to scout

• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

2698decimator #1 Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:40 AM

Private

• 113 battles

Why do Asians (yes they are Asians because they have Asian usernames) in LT-432's and ELC's refuse to scout but stay where other tanks have already lit the enemy & therefore serve virtually no purpose?

And yes it happens in more than one game.

And yes I play the HK server a lot.

Does it happen on the Aussie server?

Ezz #2 Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:44 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Because they're bad. And yes happens plenty on anz too. Just like valley on Lakeville or beach on overlord or airfield. Bads will be bad no matter what server they're on.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

2698decimator #3 Posted 24 September 2019 - 09:10 AM

Private

• 113 battles
Mmm ok. It's really annoying. I play lights a lot and always try and light the enemy up but I also try and survive for all or most of the game because it's no point being dead.

XiNuAiLe #4 Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:07 AM

Tiny Tank Connoisseur

• 16231 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
I play LT mostly and only light up a section of the map , trying to take down one flank with the support of my team is more valuable to me and I get to survive longer to contribute to battle .

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:14 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75879 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
I scout but snipers never shoot

2698decimator #6 Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:48 PM

Private

• 113 battles
I've just come to the conclusion that the majority of players are just patently stupid.

Napalmer #7 Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:33 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 48025 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
It's not camping, it's 'preserving your health' :trollface:

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

NameWasStolenStresslevel #8 Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:52 PM

Captain

• 41873 battles

one of the problems that needs to be adressed in this game is the classification of tanks by HT, MT, TD, LT and SPG (or just remove the latter one).

Light tanks get no camo penalty while moving their vehicle, thats correct. Except when the LT have stock crews and stock modules, in many situation the "go scout" demand could just get the LT killed and lose one player for your team, specially if its a noob LT. I prefer a living noob on my team to distract the enemy and keep them scared/distracted that we have an passive LT/potentially dangerous LT, THAN we get a noob LT or someone that has literaly no crew skills nor modules to just go and die to prove to the enemy team that we literally have no scouts.

Many tanks can scout in this game not only LTs, look for your full HP fast tanks with good mobility, regarless of their class. Pay attention what the whole team is doing and how much HP every single one of the campers has. Demanding a 1HP left Light tank to go scout is very easy, but its probably not gonna be good for him, neither for you who are just wasting your team resources and spamming the chat with things that are not on your full knoledge or right to demand.

I cant see your LT stats because you are using an ALT account, but have many times myself scout the whole game (in the right/important positions) and the campers orange snipers sitting in the back couldnt hit anything and i just lost some HP for useless scout and we lose an important position because no one support me. Then in the end of the game when i am low HP, done some scout for some useful people in the other side of the map (since the important side is no longer important) the noobs who didnt pay attention to the minimap the whole game like i do, keep pinging me in the minimap telling me to go scout like its easy and like they do it like proffissionals themselves...

Have they actually watched the minimap the whole game they would probably know its not the LT fault, but they are noob, and i go check their LT stats just to confirm that they scout nothing and have low assist damage... So how can someone like this have any authority to tell the LT where to go??? If i keep doing what every noob tell me to do, i am just gonna end up having the same shit LT stats they have, so no point in pinging the minimap on the LT position telling him to go scout if you have no idea how to plays LTs yourself. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 24 September 2019 - 03:57 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

wasaabi #9 Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22396 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Post2698decimator, on 24 September 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

And yes I play the HK server a lot.

Play on HK under what account?  This one still has only one battle.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Puggsley #10 Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:59 PM

Captain

• 68688 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Post2698decimator, on 24 September 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

I've just come to the conclusion that the majority of players are just patently stupid.

That's because you are playing bots in tier 1

2698decimator #11 Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:31 PM

Private

• 113 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 24 September 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

That's because you are playing bots in tier 1

Lol no. I play mainly tier 8 because I enjoy it the most. Have tier 10 tanks but don't enjoy it as much. I play mainly LT and MT's.

southerner #12 Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:09 AM

Captain

• 17824 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
Hmmm funny that this thread came up. I play the amx 13 57 a lot to  fast train my frog crew. Anyway i was passive scouting in a game a few days ago passive spotting for our arty on el hallif. When someone asks "are you going to scout scout ?". Then next minute boom i almost get rammed over the cliff by a jagpanther. Took hi s point and though well why not ?? So went down the steep incline and polished off an enemy medium at the bottom and went up the other side to spot and light up some enemy tanks which worked well. But i still need to brush up on when to attack and when to back off skills as I got killed around mid game. Still was a good game for our team as we won. And granted the guy in the jagpanther did support me with long range fire.
indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

southerner #13 Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:12 AM

Captain

• 17824 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 24 September 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

one of the problems that needs to be adressed in this game is the classification of tanks by HT, MT, TD, LT and SPG (or just remove the latter one).

Light tanks get no camo penalty while moving their vehicle, thats correct. Except when the LT have stock crews and stock modules, in many situation the "go scout" demand could just get the LT killed and lose one player for your team, specially if its a noob LT. I prefer a living noob on my team to distract the enemy and keep them scared/distracted that we have an passive LT/potentially dangerous LT, THAN we get a noob LT or someone that has literaly no crew skills nor modules to just go and die to prove to the enemy team that we literally have no scouts.

Many tanks can scout in this game not only LTs, look for your full HP fast tanks with good mobility, regarless of their class. Pay attention what the whole team is doing and how much HP every single one of the campers has. Demanding a 1HP left Light tank to go scout is very easy, but its probably not gonna be good for him, neither for you who are just wasting your team resources and spamming the chat with things that are not on your full knoledge or right to demand.

I cant see your LT stats because you are using an ALT account, but have many times myself scout the whole game (in the right/important positions) and the campers orange snipers sitting in the back couldnt hit anything and i just lost some HP for useless scout and we lose an important position because no one support me. Then in the end of the game when i am low HP, done some scout for some useful people in the other side of the map (since the important side is no longer important) the noobs who didnt pay attention to the minimap the whole game like i do, keep pinging me in the minimap telling me to go scout like its easy and like they do it like proffissionals themselves...

Have they actually watched the minimap the whole game they would probably know its not the LT fault, but they are noob, and i go check their LT stats just to confirm that they scout nothing and have low assist damage... So how can someone like this have any authority to tell the LT where to go??? If i keep doing what every noob tell me to do, i am just gonna end up having the same shit LT stats they have, so no point in pinging the minimap on the LT position telling him to go scout if you have no idea how to plays LTs yourself. 

I can give living proof that many tanks can scout as i once got the spotting and patrol duty badges in a KV 2 !!!??  :P:teethhappy:

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

AlexTheKid72 #14 Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:07 AM

Sergeant

• 23078 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

A low hp LT is better alive for the endgame than suiciding so you can hit one target, and be outvisioned for the remainder of the match. 
Had a match on Provrovka, T37 passive-spotted 1 line like a boss, but did not move when all enemies spotted elsewhere. Lots of pinging and demands were made (by myself included).
I took a breath, sent him a chat by name, politely suggesting that the enemies were all mid and hill. He must have checked, because he finally moved, and his eyes won the game. Chatting after, he was new, almost never used the minimap, had a revelation about how good that game went using it, went away happy and probably better for it. 

Why not take the role if you feel LT's on your team are constantly the reason for defeats? Play LT's and eliminate the weakness. 

afoxq #15 Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:08 AM

Ultimate LUCK Killstealer

• 33866 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View Post2698decimator, on 24 September 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

Lol no. I play mainly tier 8 because I enjoy it the most. Have tier 10 tanks but don't enjoy it as much. I play mainly LT and MT's.

Then why post on the forums on an alt ? 

If you're gonna shit talk at least man up. 

Survived the Bread & Butter Rektage of 2015/16

Survived the DPS Bus Apocalypse of 2014

Winning was is LUCK™

Profanisaurus #16 Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:21 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Yeah...
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

2698decimator #17 Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:55 AM

Private

• 113 battles

View Postafoxq, on 25 September 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

Then why post on the forums on an alt ? 

Because I can. Last I knew, fanatics like yourself didn't control what others said.

2698decimator #18 Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

Private

• 113 battles

View Postafoxq, on 25 September 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

If you're gonna shit talk at least man up. 

Hardly shite. I'm non caring whether you believe me or not.

jumphonner #19 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:01 AM

First lieutenant

• 55090 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Perhaps he is trailing a new idea for a reality TV show - The Masked Forum Poster where he gives us clues and we have to guess his/her/its identity.

You know, like this awesome new TV show

Muted till 9 December 2019

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

As seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

Skrublord! Not another cent WG. Former Wallet Warrior.

2698decimator #20 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:48 AM

Private

• 113 battles
Just played a low tier game. Team mates including a yellow win8 VK (with over 50K battles) refused to try and kill a tomato EBR who ended up killing both of our arty and did better spotting all game than our Setter (he was yellow win8 as well) who sat in a bush an passive spotted before being killed half way through the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users