maus playstyle

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

samibsal #1 Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:18 PM

Corporal

• 15314 battles
  • [PAK] PAK

hy guys i got maus recently but cant make it work properly

how the hell am i supposed to play with its armor. heat shells go through it easily.

i got it for ht missions but seems it was a wrong choice. 

Ezz #2 Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:20 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Vk10001p probably better for most missions to be honest. Beyond that learn not to point your turret at people.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

samibsal #3 Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:16 PM

Corporal

• 15314 battles
  • [PAK] PAK
aaahh i miss vk but not interested anymore.btw im got t55a couple of days ago and now planing for 260.any recommendations?

Profanisaurus #4 Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:19 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

Maus playstyle.

1. Charge at enemy (or drown due to XVM).

2. Whine about gold spam

3. Blame team for not helping you.

4. Repeat 30000 times.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

HoPeY_ #5 Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:25 AM

Major

• 100972 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
A sitting Maus is dead meat. Use movement particularly when they come in for the kill..

AlexTheKid72 #6 Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:46 AM

Sergeant

• 23078 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View Postsamibsal, on 24 September 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

hy guys i got maus recently but cant make it work properly

how the hell am i supposed to play with its armor. heat shells go through it easily.

i got it for ht missions but seems it was a wrong choice. 

Sidescrape with your turret angled, holding right mouse so your sight is where your enemy will be. Release right mouse, snap a shot, angle turret instantly again. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 25 September 2019 - 05:46 AM.

samibsal #7 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:36 AM

Corporal

• 15314 battles
  • [PAK] PAK

im trying to get hold of it.i like its gun but dont like slow turret traverse cause reds can fire when im trying to angle

sometimes it feels really solid but most of the times feels a wandering poor soul. 

Edited by samibsal, 25 September 2019 - 09:38 AM.

Ezz #8 Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:48 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I guess to look at it another way, what specific missions are you trying to do?

The maus really is only going to be a top choice for blocking damage missions - noting not the ones that are based on your own HP. Beyond that there are probably better choices.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

samibsal #9 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:55 AM

Corporal

• 15314 battles
  • [PAK] PAK
i got it for blocking missions.i have some other good heavies for hp based missions.

Edited by samibsal, 25 September 2019 - 11:56 AM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #10 Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:28 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75879 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
I think I'm at 1.4 armor efficiency for the Maus... Are there better HTs?

Ezz #11 Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:36 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
My VK 10000001p is at 1.44 while my is4 is only 1.32.

samibsal #12 Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

Corporal

• 15314 battles
  • [PAK] PAK
ah man those gold slingers i hate them.

mttspiii #13 Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:42 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 25 September 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

I think I'm at 1.4 armor efficiency for the Maus... Are there better HTs?

KV-220 runs at ~2 armor efficiency but isn't useful for missions. Same goes for, surprisingly, the DW2.

AT 15A and T28 HTC also are at 1.6-2 but are TD's.

Type 4 HT (~1.3) is also good for damage-soaking, lacking the miniturret of earlier tanks and the heavy guns its tier X counterpart faces against. Its side profile is also straight-edged, letting you reverse-sidescrape unlike Type 5 HT.

VK4502B is also at 1.3, but WG nerfed the LFP I think.

Unfortunately, my KV-4 stats are gone, played back before WG recorded those stats. Those 150mm-thick sides have massive potential for abuse though.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Puggsley #14 Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:52 AM

Captain

• 68688 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

It's a combo of the Maus and the map (and increasingly the server). 

I got HT15.4 with hons with the Maus pretty comfortably on Paris in a Top tier match.  

The Maus works really well at medium to longer range, they will find it hard to target the weakspots. I first got 15.4 on a loss on Live Oaks where I pretty much sat in the open near the railway tracks with 6 tanks shooting at extreme range, most using HEAT. Really close range combat makes it pretty easy to pen you through the cheeks or the side of an angled mantlet, or even just rush to your sides. Even trying to not get to teh front line areas but a slightly more exposed area a little bit away from the main fighting areas will help. Your front lien tanks can help keep them at distance, but you are in the open for the first available shot.

Baiting shots is really important, particularly with lower tiers. Shoot on purpose to bounce on them, it gives them confidence to pop out and try for a shot. I did this a lot in the Paris game at the VK100 and Kran (Starts at 13 min mark below)

The other thing is the server. HK generally gives you a lot of same tier or 2 tier games. ANZ will generally give you 3 with a smattering of 2 and single tier games. Yes you will have to wait, but the better MM makes up for it. I also find the ANZ server very campy which makes the game slower and more often at range. Had a game last night were a nearly full health 263 decided 5 minutes out that it was going to be a draw and he was happy with that. The ping might also be a bit high, but you don't need ping to help you bounce.

Good luck with it!

Edited by Puggsley, 26 September 2019 - 08:53 AM.

samibsal #15 Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:19 AM

Corporal

• 15314 battles
  • [PAK] PAK

View PostPuggsley, on 26 September 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

I got HT15.4 with hons with the Maus pretty comfortably on Paris in a Top tier match.  

The Maus works really well at medium to longer range, they will find it hard to target the weakspots. I first got 15.4 on a loss on Live Oaks where I pretty much sat in the open near the railway tracks with 6 tanks shooting at extreme range, most using HEAT. Really close range combat makes it pretty easy to pen you through the cheeks or the side of an angled mantlet, or even just rush to your sides. Even trying to not get to teh front line areas but a slightly more exposed area a little bit away from the main fighting areas will help. Your front lien tanks can help keep them at distance, but you are in the open for the first available shot.

Baiting shots is really important, particularly with lower tiers. Shoot on purpose to bounce on them, it gives them confidence to pop out and try for a shot. I did this a lot in the Paris game at the VK100 and Kran (Starts at 13 min mark below)

The other thing is the server. HK generally gives you a lot of same tier or 2 tier games. ANZ will generally give you 3 with a smattering of 2 and single tier games. Yes you will have to wait, but the better MM makes up for it. I also find the ANZ server very campy which makes the game slower and more often at range. Had a game last night were a nearly full health 263 decided 5 minutes out that it was going to be a draw and he was happy with that. The ping might also be a bit high, but you don't need ping to help you bounce.

Good luck with it!

man that was really helpful. i get it now that maus isnt a good  brawler but good at medium distances

thx buddy

samibsal #16 Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:20 AM

Corporal

• 15314 battles
  • [PAK] PAK

View PostPuggsley, on 26 September 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

Good luck with it!

man that was really helpful. i get it now that maus isnt a good  brawler but good at medium distances

thx buddy

Puggsley #17 Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:57 AM

Captain

• 68688 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
VK is a very good choice for a lot of the 279 missions as well. I've got it penciled in for getting 1st class and aces in the Bloc set of missions. 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #18 Posted 26 September 2019 - 11:03 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75879 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
ANZ server is just more hurr Durr

I won first place in racing after the server mistakenly sent me to ANZ server again, with >200 ping.

Ezz #19 Posted 26 September 2019 - 11:29 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 26 September 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

ANZ server is just more hurr Durr

I won first place in racing after the server mistakenly sent me to ANZ server again, with >200 ping.

From what i can tell ANZ cops a lot of players in that situation - ie connected to ANZ despite crap ping - it's just that a lot of them appear to not notice.

mttspiii #20 Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostEzz, on 26 September 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

From what i can tell ANZ cops a lot of players in that situation - ie connected to ANZ despite crap ping - it's just that a lot of them appear to not notice.

First thing I notice when I accidentally hit a game in ANZ is how good the gameplay is.

Then next is that the people actually chat back.

Third is of course the lag

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users