WG eyeing a younger player base?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Warhammer124 #1 Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:31 PM

Representative of the anti drama organization

• 17560 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

There seems to have been a sudden surge in players recently, and most of them are 10 years old and below. I'm not saying this based on stats. I'm not that type of person. However, I can assure you that I am certain that these new players are well below 13 years old. How do I know then?

1. I've literally heard them in VC channels, (In training rooms for instance)

2. They act straight up like people for their age (same people who like using FAT as an insult and etc)

I'm not trying to discriminate any age, but I'm still wondering if WG is trying to gain a younger player base. I also heard complaints from old players that Wg is basically pushing them away. I am not suggesting anything, so please don't go there either. This is my opinion, based on observations.

Perhaps the reason why WG is doing this is because

1. Younger players don't understand game mechanics as well, so if WG decides to add another rubbish vehicle, nobody will complain and everyone will probably just buy it with their dad's credit card.

2. Younger players like to get to tier 10 faster (Again, this is based on my observations because I've been aware of the personalities of all the wot age groups for a while now) They will likely spend gold in order to research tanks faster. WG wins in the end.

3. Younger players are easier to please. Truth hurts, but its true. Especially if you're an older player and someone who understands the value of money. Maybe some of you already have a job. Regardless, if you understand the value of money, you will probably expect WG to at least try to satisfy their customers with good content. 10 year olds do not. As long as they like tanks and like this game in general, they won't care about whatever silliness WG pulls off. They can even make the 2018 halloween event an annual thing, and these guys will be happy.

Hippity Hoppity no drama lords on my property 

Ezz #2 Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:41 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I'm not sure it's age related so much as wg dumbing the game down to try to appeal to a newer audience. They have been simplifying mechanics, prioritising marketing and revenue rather than balance. It's one of the main reasons the quality of gameplay has diminished to the point we have now where one sided battles are basically expected.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Napalmer #3 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 48025 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

3. Eligibility

3.1 You must be at least 13 years of age to use the Resources. If you are under the age of 13 or you do not agree to this EULA, then you are not granted a license to use or access the Resources. By agreeing to this EULA, you represent and warrant to us: (i) that you are at least thirteen years of age; and (ii) that your registration and your use of the Resources complies with all applicable laws and regulations.

Have to be at least 13 to even sign up. :hiding:

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Ezz #4 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:22 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Because wot players always adhere to the rules.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:23 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75879 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

What about people using "dog" as an insult? Met lots of them too.

Funny Asians like using "dog" as an insult. So what do people use on NA server, "hamburger"?

AlexTheKid72 #6 Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:21 AM

Sergeant

• 23078 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
They should all normalize and use [edited], like good Aussies and Kiwis do :)

Bash_sh #7 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:09 AM

First lieutenant

• 26999 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
13 year old don't quite know they being ripped off yet.  easy money, Pay to Win etc. very similar to our Mexican cartel friends !

IMC_Stewy #8 Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:14 AM

Corporal

• 18917 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
As someone who used to only ever do team trainings due to internet, PC and other issues, team trainings on Hong Kong especially have always been filled with younger players. Reason for this is simple, older players feel like TTs are a waste of time. I, when I was 12/13, would sit in a team training for 8 hours or more, just driving around. I also find that TT kids have very little battles. To answer OP, it isnt a new thing. Always been that way and you can't really change it. WoT has probably the highest demographic of any game out there, but also has a high population of kids on the asia server.

bandage106 #9 Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:52 AM

Sergeant

• 8137 battles

So? I don't get the issue here. It's advantageous as a business that you constantly expand your business opportunities and focus on exponential growth. You can't keep pandering to your old playerbase, because regardless of how enjoyable someone may find your game eventually they'll move on. That could of easily been me, I was on the verge of never coming back and I took a long break from the game. 

People are trying to paint this as very nefarious but all decisions made by WG generally are going to revolve around improving their revenue stream but not all decisions by WG consequently are equally as profitable and pandering to your jaded playerbase doesn't seem to be nearly as profitable as inviting a new crowd. I also don't think you're being as generous to younger fanbases as you should be, they have opinion formers like Jim Sterling, Yong Yea, AngryJoe etc younger gamers are more aware of nefarious business practices than older people are.

This server has slowly been bleeding players the last 2 years and I've watched it happen we've gone from 23K concurrently back when Korea joined us now to 13K at peak times on a weekend. That's not horrible though but it's good to have a constant stream of new people

IMC_Stewy #10 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:02 AM

Corporal

• 18917 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postbandage106, on 11 October 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

So? I don't get the issue here. It's advantageous as a business that you constantly expand your business opportunities and focus on exponential growth. You can't keep pandering to your old playerbase, because regardless of how enjoyable someone may find your game eventually they'll move on. That could of easily been me, I was on the verge of never coming back and I took a long break from the game. 

People are trying to paint this as very nefarious but all decisions made by WG generally are going to revolve around improving their revenue stream but not all decisions by WG consequently are equally as profitable and pandering to your jaded playerbase doesn't seem to be nearly as profitable as inviting a new crowd. I also don't think you're being as generous to younger fanbases as you should be, they have opinion formers like Jim Sterling, Yong Yea, AngryJoe etc younger gamers are more aware of nefarious business practices than older people are.

This server has slowly been bleeding players the last 2 years and I've watched it happen we've gone from 23K concurrently back when Korea joined us now to 13K at peak times on a weekend. That's not horrible though but it's good to have a constant stream of new people

It's most certainly not a bad thing. Whether they're bad players or future unicums, having a population is great. I was just addressing the OP

joeclaflin #11 Posted Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Private

• 0 battles

View PostWarhammer124, on 05 October 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

There seems to have been a sudden surge in players recently, and most of them are 10 years old and below. I'm not saying this based on stats. I'm not that type of person. However, I can assure you that I am certain that these new players are well below 13 years old. How do I know then?

1. I've literally heard them in VC channels, (In training rooms for instance)

2. They act straight up like people for their age (same people who like using FAT as an insult and etc)

I'm not trying to discriminate any age, but I'm still wondering if WG is trying to gain a lenny face younger player base. I also heard complaints from old players that Wg is basically pushing them away. I am not suggesting anything, so please don't go there either. This is my opinion, based on observations.

Perhaps the reason why WG is doing this is because

1. Younger players don't understand game mechanics as well, so if WG decides to add another rubbish vehicle, nobody will complain and everyone will probably just buy it with their dad's credit card.

2. Younger players like to get to tier 10 faster (Again, this is based on my observations because I've been aware of the personalities of all the wot age groups for a while now) They will likely spend gold in order to research tanks faster. WG wins in the end.

3. Younger players are easier to please. Truth hurts, but its true. Especially if you're an older player and someone who understands the value of money. Maybe some of you already have a job. Regardless, if you understand the value of money, you will probably expect WG to at least try to satisfy their customers with good content. 10 year olds do not. As long as they like tanks and like this game in general, they won't care about whatever silliness WG pulls off. They can even make the 2018 halloween event an annual thing, and these guys will be happy.

Younger players are easier to please. Truth hurts, but its true. 

Ezz #12 Posted Yesterday, 12:59 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postjoeclaflin, on 22 October 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Younger players are easier to please. Truth hurts, but its true. 

My nephew is happy buying random cosmetic shit for other games. Thankfully he hasn't tried any of the p2w games.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users