Enticing more ANZ clans to participate in Advances

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Holeinthehead #101 Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:50 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 56852 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
Perhaps the question is what can be done to make it exciting again .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Stewy_The_Ham #102 Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:39 PM

Sergeant

• 20078 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Tech tree tanks only is something, as a caller, I would love to have. We have a bunch of Chieftains and 907s, but I feel like it would be fairer if it was tech tree tanks only

MagicalFlyingFox #103 Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:54 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 33397 battles
  • [CHLDA] CHLDA

Unfortunately tank balance is something WG Asia is unable to address, let alone WG ASIA CW focused staff.

limiting reward tanks in CW? Potential for staff to pressure devs to implement it.

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 10 October 2019 - 06:54 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

IMC_Jezza #104 Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:33 PM

First lieutenant

• 40413 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostHoleinthehead, on 10 October 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

Perhaps the question is what can be done to make it exciting again .

Jump into -1AR- mate (discord), in all seriousness, you'd be welcomed with open arms.....  we've got enough scrubs that are entertained!!  

Join in the excitement dude, it's what we're looking for, no bullshit! (jump in for 'toons and banter dude, no need to to join da clan..... (yet:)))

Wicked Idea being tech tree only, I'd love to see this grow some legs......

Stewy_The_Ham #105 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:10 AM

Sergeant

• 20078 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
The idea with tech tree only will just add more variety. So many high tier clans run 1/2 EBRs and the rest are taken up with 907s and Chieftains. So boring! Without them, there would be so more tanks to choose from. 

Twit_ #106 Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:42 AM

69 Recognized

• 19015 battles
  • [CHLDA] CHLDA

It would also bring back the old meta of playing fast/slow lineups, if you chose to play either sconqs or 277s it dictated a certain playstyle for the clan and the caller; not to mention having lineups that actually counter each other rather than people running the same tanks each game

The mindset you need to improve

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVEN WHEN YOU OF IN THE COLD FOOD OF OUT HOT EAT THE FOOD 

Flying_Circus #107 Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:51 AM

Corporal

• 10778 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

One thing I'd suggest is if there are only two teams in queue to do Advances, then the restriction that you can't play the same clan twice in a row not apply.

That would allow two clans to get more time in practising strats, callers, etc. We've had instances where both Daddy and 1AR are in queue, for example, and we both are happy playing each other, but we both miss out because we played each other last hour. If one way to get better is practice, don't limit the ability to practice.

The restriction on consecutive games could still apply if there's more than two teams up, of course.

Napalmer #108 Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:20 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 49054 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Completely agree with this idea Circus. Why punish the only two teams forming? It makes no sense!

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Angus775n #109 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:02 PM

Sergeant

• 62820 battles
  • [PRC] PRC
Probably in place to stop some of the dodgy practices that some clans engage in when there are low numbers on. Maybe WG could remove the restriction, but keep a better eye on what occurs with replay monitoring if they think there is something weird going on?

Twit_ #110 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:06 PM

69 Recognized

• 19015 battles
  • [CHLDA] CHLDA

View PostAngus775n, on 13 October 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Probably in place to stop some of the dodgy practices that some clans engage in when there are low numbers on. Maybe WG could remove the restriction, but keep a better eye on what occurs with replay monitoring if they think there is something weird going on?

It wouldn't be dodgy if more clans played

The mindset you need to improve

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVEN WHEN YOU OF IN THE COLD FOOD OF OUT HOT EAT THE FOOD 

Ezz #111 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:59 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69877 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTwit_, on 13 October 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

It wouldn't be dodgy if more clans played

They won't need to remove the restriction if more clans played.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Flying_Circus #112 Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:23 PM

Corporal

• 10778 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostEzz, on 13 October 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

They won't need to remove the restriction if more clans played.

Very true, and hopefully we get more clans participating.

At the same time, WG doesn't control how many people play Advances. I just don't think they should prevent people from playing Advances if they want too.

Vindictus_Maximus #113 Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:14 PM

Sergeant

• 6932 battles

View PostFlying_Circus, on 13 October 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Very true, and hopefully we get more clans participating.

There is no more new clans for you guys, they are all dead and remnant players from the dead clans have been cannibalized into the few remaining clans. Rather than new clans, more likely, one or two  of the last remaining mediocre clans will fold this season. And with a lack of fresh meat to feast on, the better clans will eventually fold as well.

Honestly you just need to let this current clan system die it's natural death, and hope that something better will rise from the ashes. A 7vs7 comp for the mediocre players that don't have/like tier 10 tanks would be a nice start

JordyBro #114 Posted 15 October 2019 - 07:02 AM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 25738 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 14 October 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

There is no more new clans for you guys, they are all dead and remnant players from the dead clans have been cannibalized into the few remaining clans. Rather than new clans, more likely, one or two  of the last remaining mediocre clans will fold this season. And with a lack of fresh meat to feast on, the better clans will eventually fold as well.

Honestly you just need to let this current clan system die it's natural death, and hope that something better will rise from the ashes. A 7vs7 comp for the mediocre players that don't have/like tier 10 tanks would be a nice start

:arta:

#DADDYCARRY

Puggsley #115 Posted 15 October 2019 - 07:25 AM

Captain

• 70869 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I'd start with one of the issues i found with CW way back when i started. 

There was a bit of a credit drain, the expectation that you will fire gold rounds as a first option was pretty intimidating.

For the CW/Advances economy iI' propose some changes. 

Credit Earn.

Its team play pure and simple. The sniper who gets 6k damage is as much a part of the team as the HT stationed at a choke point to get bugger all damage but hold up the enemy for as long as possible. Everyone in the team gets the same amount of credits for playing.   

I'd make it a set amount for a win and a lose, with both being an net positive amount. There are not that many people playing this style of game so it wont break the overall economy.  

Costs

You pay a set amount to play and can use any ammo you want. Want full prem rounds, go for it, it wont cost you a credit more than using normal rounds. You need to choose which is the most appropriate round for the shot you are about to take.

There is no cost of repair, its covered in the entrance fee.

Net Credit Rewards.

The aim of this is not to generate buckets of credits from the battle per se (you can use boosters to increase the earn though), its about playing as teams. 

A loss earns you 25 to 50k credits per player.

A win nets you 50 to 75k per player.

Boosters work as normal on this. The incentive to improve your buildings through more organised play also helps drive engagement. 

Crew Skill Reset.

Every 10 battles you play in CW or 5 advances you get a free skill reset for a crew member.

Equipment Reset

You can change equipment for that CW battle for free. After the battle it resets to what it was previously. 

Rental Tanks

Every month 3 new tanks are made available for players to use if they don't have the required tier (or that tank). Rental tanks are not lockable. Relevant crews can be moved into them with no penalty.  

Edited by Puggsley, 15 October 2019 - 07:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users