Enticing more ANZ clans to participate in Advances

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Stewy_The_Ham #41 Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:23 PM

Sergeant

• 20078 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostHoPeY_, on 08 October 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

Not even sure your point. At least I have opinions. Shame they weren't listened to as we lost tier 6 and 8 and numbers plummeted. Enjoy your ride on the bus to nowhere.

No. Numbers havnt plummeted. In the 3 years of campaigns and clan wars I have been in, this years global map was the busiest. One of the 10 v 10 provinces had 30 odd applicants one night. It may LOOK like numbers have plummeted due to the size of the map and the fact the first 3 timezones are dead due to ANZ in general being a badly populated server. Take a look on weekends this clan wars season. Many 10 v 10 provinces have 20-30 applicants. That is not a numbers issue, that really isnt an issue at all. I just wish those clans hopped over to the 15 v 15 map

Stewy_The_Ham #42 Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:25 PM

Sergeant

• 20078 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
around 2 and a half years ago I remember the tier 10 map being split into 2 areas. North and South. CROWN owned the entire north, and PYRO owned the entire south side. There was about 3 clans in total other than them who attempted to take land every now and then. Look at the tier 10 map now. 

Dont get me wrong, I loved tier 6 clan wars, it was a great way to practice clan wars with your mates and have a good time. But it was terrible for the game. It really was.

HoPeY_ #43 Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:27 PM

Major

• 102653 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
Maybe true. But be easy to name the Aust/NZ active clans competing now.  Sure remember a lot more in the past across all tiers. And not 1 fight a week.

HoPeY_ #44 Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:30 PM

Major

• 102653 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
Anyway, back to the topic. More ideas guys.

IMC_Jezza #45 Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:39 PM

First lieutenant

• 40413 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostHoPeY_, on 09 October 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

Anyway, back to the topic. More ideas guys.

:izmena:

1.  Clan Wars  - 1 front 15 v. 15 only    (tier 10)       We wish.......

2.  Advances - working as intended     (tier 10)        GG

Skrims... This is where we need some input lads.... Tier 6 is available, and so Is tier 8, no-one plays them, what is is it the people want regarding active co-ordinated battles peeps??

HoPeY_ #46 Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:46 PM

Major

• 102653 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostIMC_Jezza, on 08 October 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

what is is it the people want regarding active co-ordinated battles peeps??

Rewards.

IMC_Jezza #47 Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:58 PM

First lieutenant

• 40413 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostHoPeY_, on 09 October 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

Rewards.

Cool, ok, now what rewards do we want that currently aren't available?

1.  More Gold (?)

2.  More Bonds (coz apparently that's a thing now)

3.  More Premium time (?)

4.  More sick Cammo's (?)

5.  More OP tonks only achievable by epic Clan Gameplay (?)

In all serious Lads, Don't forget, It has to be reward for effort, not just a matter of every player wins a prize, we got this bruz......

pr154 #48 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:03 PM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 20334 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostHoPeY_, on 08 October 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Perhaps for once a participation medal just for the ANZ server. How about something really good say a Type 59 (as an example) that you count down a mission to 50 advances to get.

I must admit I wasn't sold on "Play 50 Advances and get a Type 59" concept - Although I'm partial to "Play 50 Advances and get a [nice tank] on loan - But play an Advance every 28 days to keep it" - A reward that makes a permanent fixture in your garage just isn't enough to achieve our aims of a healthy and active clan community. The reward needs to be conditional on sustained activity, hence my earlier suggestion that is dependent on the combined efforts of clan members and officers to raise detachments and participate regularly in order to keep their passive Coin/XP booster (or tank if that's the alternative).

View PostRanork, on 08 October 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

Another thought might be to extend the time a clan is blocked from being selected as the opposing team.

So for example you play TEAL once a week or only once every 3 days.

By extending the time blocked out you would encourage other clans to jump in, suffer the one or two defeats but then know they will face other clans.

A trial might be needed to identify the best length but about 3 days might be a good start point.

TEAL members are people too, and they rather unashamedly enjoy pulling in 500k-1M coin from a successful Advance regardless of the opponent - Popping a Tier X-XII Clan Reserve combined with Personal Reserves makes Advances a phenomenal earner for them - I don't think the answer comes from shackling the likes of TEAL, rather getting more clans into the mix to keep the playing field as level as possible and allow those clans to develop at their own pace or play their peers once they've reached their practical limit

View PostIMC_Jezza, on 09 October 2019 - 12:39 AM, said:

Skrims... This is where we need some input lads.... Tier 6 is available, and so Is tier 8, no-one plays them, what is is it the people want regarding active co-ordinated battles peeps??

The clans most active in Skirms 18-24 months ago have moved onto Advances, having secured both the numbers and the tanks to do so - Unfortunately we haven't seen much in the way of developing clans (particularly ANZ developing clans) backfilling that particular void. I think this is quite possibly a result of ignorance coupled with a lack of desire for outreach (I do remember a time in a former clan we were very protective of our Tier VI Skirm Strats, haha!).

To the uninitiated, you really need to go hunting for the Skirms/Advances interface, and making these windows easier to access (say through a glaring portal/door in the garage) would be a great first step to improving familiarity with the detachment list. Separately to that, there's also the aforementioned passive Coin/XP rewards (yes I'm going to flog this horse as it seems to have life!)

Edited by pr154, 08 October 2019 - 11:13 PM.

Stewy_The_Ham #49 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:05 PM

Sergeant

• 20078 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostIMC_Jezza, on 08 October 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

what is is it the people want regarding active co-ordinated battles peeps??

From an active clan POV, I dont want rewards. What I want is playing tournaments and branching out. I was keen on learning 7 v 7 and potentially joining an APAC team, competitive or not. But now thats gone, there is little on offer. I put 200+ battles into the campaign, called 95% of them and spent probably 3 hours a day looking over replays and changing strats accordingly. if anything, I should be the one wanting a participation prize. Unfortunately, thats not how it works. However, gold, bonds, prem time and boosters would be a great way to get new clans on board, and if stronks get active again MAYBE they will create more modes

IMC_Jezza #50 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:11 PM

First lieutenant

• 40413 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Bloody Gud input @pr154 & @IMC_ Stewy

The Forgotten bit IMHO is the boosters available by upgrading your Strongholds.......  No shit, we pop boosters before advances, and I would seriously question anyone that doesn't actually make credits from it, no shit, lads make like 100k  in a gud win....

Edit: Yup firing full gold

2nd Edit: Stewy - You're banned from sick cammos - your Cammo makes me sick

Edited by IMC_Jezza, 08 October 2019 - 11:13 PM.

HoPeY_ #51 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:14 PM

Major

• 102653 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
Off beat but how about bring out a bond shop (with cool stuff) and only way to get bonds was through advances and CW.

Stewy_The_Ham #52 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:19 PM

Sergeant

• 20078 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostHoPeY_, on 08 October 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

Off beat but how about bring out a bond shop (with cool stuff) and only way to get bonds was through advances and CW.

Now THAT is a good idea. Maybe it would work after this ranked season? Kinda hard to cancel bond earning in Ranked after all this wait. 

I dont agree with how much bonds frontlines, steel hunter etc. give. Makes bonds so much less special when you can get like 6K from completely battle royale

Stewy_The_Ham #53 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:20 PM

Sergeant

• 20078 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
or better yet, have a seperate "CW shop" with nothing above tier 8, and have 2 or 3 special premiums that are unique to clan wars. They could be earned with a new currency (We already have enough though, would have to be made non-confusing)

IMC_Jezza #54 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:40 PM

First lieutenant

• 40413 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostHoPeY_, on 09 October 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

Bang! Nailed it!

We know the bond shop is coming..... all good..... 

Now lets make sure bonds are available to the Free to play guys too, 'cause it would be unfair other wise......

But an incentive for playing advances/skrims/CW's with boosted numbers?  I think that's a great Idea dude - you sir get a +1

I know there's devil in the detail, but straight up - I think a great idea!

Stewy_The_Ham #55 Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:33 AM

Sergeant

• 20078 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Now, for wargaming to just open this thread and do everything listed... actually please don't, maybe fine tune it a little bit

stewiejp #56 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:00 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44815 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Wow - yeah holiday was great lads - quality time and all that, now back to business. Wait wot? The forums are back alive (sorta) - I didn't get the fax?

Loving some of these ideas getting around... Nobody's asking for my 2 bob's but here it is anyway! :B

View PostTwit_, on 08 October 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

If the argument for not playing is  "oh we only get teal or yeti, and even if we did we are only one clan, it won't make a difference" ; that is a terrible argument as nothing will change, all the clans in anz need to come together and just give it a go.

*Spot on - if everyone just gotonboard jumped in - the MM would not struggle so much and the smaller clans wouldn't bump heads with the big boys so much. Jump also puts it well (below) - the constant feedback I hear from developing clans is, "We don't want to see YETI/TEAL/insert big boy clan name here - and get walloped every game." Even with a eLO based MM (which is what we have) - if the only teams "readying up" is DADDY and team N00B - then that's gonna be the match!

A bigger pool of teams would help this matter immensely.*

**Likewise - the "big boys" often get "tech win/draw" - whatever it is when there are not enough opponents. Like it or not, it's simple maffs - if there is an odd number of teams, the team at the top will tech. More on that below... **

View Postjumphonner, on 08 October 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

I understand Hopey's angst.

When you are at the bottom of the food chain, why would I show up if I am going to be beaten 9 times out of 10?

View Postpr154, on 08 October 2019 - 05:54 PM, said:

Phase 1 - Give account-holders a coin/XP bonus for being in a clan - 5% let's say

Phase 2 - Increase the coin/XP bonus to 10% if the clan has participated in at least one CW/Skirmish/Advance in the last 28 days

Phase 3 - Increase the coin/XP bonus to 15% if the clan has done the minimum number of Skirmishes in the last 28 days to enter the rankings

Phase 4 - Increase the coin/XP bonus to 20% if the clan has done the minimum number of Advances in the last 28 days to enter the rankings

***Solid idea pr -  and would link well with another idea listed below (Hopey's "Bond Shop" - the bonus could be linked to the currency used in the shop)  - simple to implement, and importantly simple for players to understand and see the benefits. Love it!***

View PostRanork, on 08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Another thought might be to extend the time a clan is blocked from being selected as the opposing team.

**With a bigger pool of teams this would not be needed at all - if team DADDY, YETI, TEAL and DPS are all readied up but so are 4 teams at the opposite end of the eLO scale - the first 4 should only see themselves, and likewise for the bottom 4. The "odd number" conundrum** would still present for the big boys though.

View PostTwit_, on 08 October 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

You are already blocked from playing the same clan twice in advances per day, that just punishes teal for making a team and showing up each day even through all the tech vics we get..

**Agree 100%, we need not punish the bigger clans further as mentioned above ** - the "teching" issue does need to be addressed - I would suggest randomising it, with a system that the team who has "teched" least in the past 28 days as a % of games played gets the tech should there be an odd number of teams readied up.

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 08 October 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

no1 wants to be cannon fodder for the top teams... I certainly wouldn't waste my teams time for [edited]rewards and getting smashed every game.... 

*You are not alone Budgy - this seems to be the overwhelming reason developing clans do not have a red hot go. *

View PostHoPeY_, on 09 October 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

lots of players with under 5K battles. These are the people you want to get into this, not exclude.

Excellent point - the more the merrier - guessing a 5k battle player would likely have a tier 10 or 2?

View Postpr154, on 09 October 2019 - 02:03 AM, said:

I must admit I wasn't sold on "Play 50 Advances and get a Type 59" concept - Although I'm partial to "Play 50 Advances and get a [nice tank] on loan - But play an Advance every 28 days to keep it" 

TEAL members are people too, and they rather unashamedly enjoy pulling in 500k-1M coin from a successful Advance regardless of the opponent - Popping a Tier X-XII Clan Reserve combined with Personal Reserves makes Advances a phenomenal earner for them - I don't think the answer comes from shackling the likes of TEAL, rather getting more clans into the mix to keep the playing field as level as possible and allow those clans to develop at their own pace or play their peers once they've reached their practical limit

The clans most active in Skirms 18-24 months ago have moved onto Advances, having secured both the numbers and the tanks to do so - Unfortunately we haven't seen much in the way of developing clans (particularly ANZ developing clans) backfilling that particular void. 

I don't mind the loan tank - make it like a choice of a few non meta tens if you like.. Popping one of those boosters only to see a tech would be heartbreaking I guess.. It is easy to see the challenges in a baby clan but don't forget we don't want to "look after" the little clans to the detriment of the big ones - that would simply be counter productive. (That last bit not particularly aimed at you PR but just popped into my head at the time).

Re Clans not back-filling T6 Skirmishes - is this only on ANZ or HK as well? Reason I ask is at times I think our baby server has "a bit much on the plate" to field a competitive number of teams. CW, Frontlines, Advances... sooner or later something is gonna give. On that (and I digress from the main topic as usual) - on the ANZ at times I think having designated nights for certain events is maybe the way to go - especially CW type activities (Global Map - already down to 5 nights, Skirms, Advances - can't all be done successfully every day IMO).

View PostHoPeY_, on 09 October 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

*** - Fn brilliant idea Hopey - and WG if you are looking - the software is already there with the Bond Shop but it could also run similar to the Fame Point Shop during a campaign - would likely need to get Global on board though, and if this conundrum is not world wide then I fear I know what the answer could be... maybe another opportunity for WG Asia to "test it!"

View PostIMC_Stewy, on 09 October 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

Now, for wargaming to just open this thread and do everything listed... actually please don't, maybe fine tune it a little bit

Yes, will do my darnedest to get someone from WG onboard to look at some of these ideas! These brain storming sessions are exactly what we need!

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP - Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

_RooN_ #57 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:41 AM

First lieutenant

• 15657 battles
  • [MIHI] MIHI

I play advances for something different, to give that little bit of competitive edge over a standard pubby game where the MM is screwy and your all playing as individuals.

Advances gives a place for players of a clan to work closely together and achieve the same goal, winning and learning.

You arn't going to win every time and you can use it as a variety ground more than a get gud or training ground, if you can't afford to play Advances due to 100k credit games etc then don't play it - those that put the effort in and want to have the only competitive thing ANZ server has will see results over time.

You can bash your head against the wall 2 things will happen the wall will collapse after your persistance and training or your head will cave in for those that just give up and don't adapt.

MIHI are getting more and more players together to try and bring another clan wars team into the ANZ advance timezone, its just a little hard with such limited possible recruits as you likely find most players are already in clans of avg quality but there clan chooses not to do Advances and Poaching players from other clans is never a good respectable thing to do.

Incentives this and incentives that won't change the face of what Advances is, and players won't mention names need to stop saying *We should be given everything for little effort* or free stuff for participating, its your game and your account - ether play or don't, WG and other don't make that choice for you and they never will.

Hope to see DADDY/TEAL/1AR/EYRIE and anyone else that is doing Advances very soon for some good fights and good experiance and development.

Side Note: Yes reward tanks have a very high advantage i.e. 279e and Fv & 907 but you know what you just learn and adapt and try to play your best to get around these tanks - they arn't invincible if you tackle them correctly and they are just a pixel tank and they can all blow up with the right shots and right plays.

Edited by _RuneTheNomad, 09 October 2019 - 10:45 AM.

HoPeY_ #58 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:03 AM

Major

• 102653 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
All sounds great Rune, now come face reality.

basil_liddell_hart #59 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:19 AM

Corporal

• 39433 battles
  • [LANCR] LANCR

"think our baby server has "a bit much on the plate" to field a competitive number of teams. CW, Frontlines, Advances... sooner or later something is gonna give. On that (and I digress from the main topic as usual) - on the ANZ at times I think having designated nights for certain events is maybe the way to go - especially CW type activities (Global Map - already down to 5 nights, Skirms, Advances - can't all be done successfully every day IMO)."-Stewiejp

This is oneof the main reasons its hard to get teams for advances.  Global map opens in a few days, and guess what Frontline opens in a few days also.  With a small server having events at the same time is(insert appropriate word of your own choice).....   So some better planning of events would at least go some way towards getting player participation moving upwards. 

A Type  59 would be nice. But I dont expect I should receive one for just playing battles.  PR's credit idea sounds good.

I believe Clans should be active in clan activities.  Clan that exist yet do not participate in Clan activies should be disbanded. 

For every time you get beaten , its only a loss if you don't learn anything from it. .  

HexHammer #60 Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• 33637 battles

View PostIMC_Stewy, on 08 October 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

, get slapped with DADDY, EYRIE, 1AR and other clans with years of experience in advances.

You have to be kidding me putting a scrub clan like 1AR in the same category as Daddy. :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users