Future Nations and vehicles In WoT

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

IMC_Stewy #1 Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:37 AM

Corporal

• 18917 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

In the past I have done a number of tech tree proposals. Some that are extremely unlike to ever happen, and some are very probably quite likely

What is everyones opinion on WG adding new vehicles? There is plenty out there for them to grab ahold of new content. I love my tank history, so personally I get excited every time they announce a new tech tree line. However, am I aware that there are many issues and improvements in the game that need to be addressed before WG add anymore content. 

The following are future lines WG are able to introduce. Im only going to count lines that have known vehicles, and they have to go from tier 2-10. Some of them do stretch the timeframe of the game out to around the early 1980s and I am fully aware this makes them very unlikely. As seen with the polish line, WG can get quite deep into research and find some gems in archives (The polish heavies were draft projects from a military institution). This means that there is possibly even more lines WG could do. 

Swiss Lights
Swiss TDs (Turreted and non turreted)
Swiss SPGs (Please no)
Swiss Heavies
Swiss mediums (Potential for 3 lines)
Spanish Light/Mediums 
Spanish SPGs (Please no x2)
Yugoslavian Mediums
Yugoslavian TDs
Hungarian Mediums
Romanian Mediums

Romanian TDs
Isreali Mediums (3 potential tier 10s)
Belgian Lights
Argentinian Mediums (I was surprised as well)
Brazilian Mediums 
Egyptian mediums

Egyptian TDs
North Korean TDs (3 potential Tier 10s) 
Austrian Lights
Cuban TDs
Italian Heavies (These would be like the type 5... but with 203mm derp guns... so WG please forget I mentioned this)
Italian Mediums, more of them 
Italian TDs
Polish Mediums (These would be Russian copies and variants)
Japanese TDs
Japanese Lights

Russian TDs (Turreted)
American quad tracked Heavies (Like the AE Phase 1)
Czech TDs (These would be super cool. Have done a proposal on this.)
Swedish Lights
Swedish SPGs (This would include the bandkanon. Which if anyone knows about, has a 14 shot autoloader that reloads in under a minute...)

Once again, these are just showing *Potential*. 90% of these are unlikely, but some of these are very very likely to be included in the next few years. 
So back to the point of the post. What nations would everyone like to see included to WoT? Or do you think they should not add anymore nations and focus on "fixing the game"

51lok #2 Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:49 AM

Corporal

• 24963 battles
  • [PRIME] PRIME
Great work, I personally would love to see 2-3 new lines added to WOT every year. New content is great, especially if new mechanisms are added.
I think WG should add more content and address things. There is no way WOT can be made perfect or all issues fixed for everyone...

IMC_Stewy #3 Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:58 AM

Corporal

• 18917 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Post51lok, on 11 October 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

Great work, I personally would love to see 2-3 new lines added to WOT every year. New content is great, especially if new mechanisms are added.
I think WG should add more content and address things. There is no way WOT can be made perfect or all issues fixed for everyone...

I read in a Q and A that WG are looking into mini branches that branch off of other nations.

For example. If you get the E8 in the American tree, you can research the super sherman from Isreal, and can play tier 7-10 with Ireali tanks. This, would allow so many new nations into WoT. I love new content, and for players with every tank in the game, it gives them something to do. 

With the new mechanic thing, Im on the fence. Yeah, new mechanics are great, but I don't think its crucial. They say they only wanna add new mechanics, but they they add more russian mediums and heavies

FramFramson #4 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:01 AM

Major

• 43655 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Italian TDs are probably the most glaring omission as far as actual WWII tanks which saw combat go. Japanese TDs and lights also. Romanian and Hungarian tanks were also present but those nations' own tanks tended to be overshadowed and far outnumbered by all the stuff they got from Germany (in the same sense that Australia only really has the two tanks and are just made part of the British tree).

Would definitely like to see more options for the Italians and Czechs, if we're expanding existing lines.

Also you didn't mention them, but Japanese SPGs were a thing too (yes, yes, I know, I know... SPG).

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

IMC_Stewy #5 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:11 AM

Corporal

• 18917 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostFramFramson, on 11 October 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

Australia only really has the two tanks and are just made part of the British tree).

Australia has afew more original designs. The AELT (Australian Experimental light tank), AC3 thunderbolt, AC4 sentinel (The AC4 experiemental was the prototype, theres afew more configurations), the AC2 (Simplified AC1)

Diehardt #6 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:14 AM

Private

• 17656 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-

A Spanish line could be possible but there would be a lot of tanks that were purchased, but a few home design tanks like VerdejaLandesa.  Infact, probably a pretty cool line with German, French, Italian versions and more.

A Indian tank line?  (incl pak etc)

Romanian Line

Yugoslavian Line

How about a Nation-less 'Middle Eastern Line' including Israel, Iran, Egypt etc (Maybe too many politics with those countries together lol) or Southern American Line?

Also, a combined Aussie/Kiwi Prem tank or reward tank? Like the Polish Tank. (Pudel)

Also think a few Nations offerings could be tidied up, and the outliers moved to Prem or the correct countries.  Like the Indien-Panzer.

Edited by Diehardt, 11 October 2019 - 10:24 AM.

Lee_Shawran #7 Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:24 PM

The marshal of missions

• 56251 battles
  • [GVN-D] GVN-D
good, more nations, more lines, more new exprience, I'm boring now because I only have Chinese TD (tier 9) and British LT (tier 8) left to grind, and SPG, nah -_-

"I'm a simple man, when I see a free premium tank, I grind, I take it"

azmania3000 #8 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:38 PM

Captain

• 46826 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostIMC_Stewy, on 11 October 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

In the past I have done a number of tech tree proposals. Some that are extremely unlike to ever happen, and some are very probably quite likely

What is everyones opinion on WG adding new vehicles? There is plenty out there for them to grab ahold of new content. I love my tank history, so personally I get excited every time they announce a new tech tree line. However, am I aware that there are many issues and improvements in the game that need to be addressed before WG add anymore content. 

This

I haven't really bothered grinding lines in a long time, with exception to the STB which I got last week (that suspension is some groovy stuff).

Game balance seems to bug me more. Fix the damn wheelies for starters...….they're just stupid and annoying.

There's a nostalgic part of me that wants to "make WoT great again" with a hard server wipe. Return to the glory days when heat rounds weren't a thing and re-model tanks to have weak spots...Wishful thinking from a business perspective I know; but maybe there's some room for compromise.

MM tweaks to prevent 15-0 roflstomps would be welcome; win or lose these games aren't satisfying.

..and I want the old sand river back.

Brave_Sir_Robin #9 Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:54 AM

Sergeant

• 20258 battles
  • [AAS] AAS

New lines you say? Brilliant idea!

Now here's a new Premium tier VIII Russian medium with 400mm of frontal armour, four 130mm guns in twin mountings in twin turrets capable of also being arty, with a top speed of 65km/hr and 420m view range, only US$375 with a six skill crew, garage spot and 2500 gold!

azmania3000 #10 Posted 12 October 2019 - 12:49 PM

Captain

• 46826 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostBrave_Sir_Robin, on 12 October 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

New lines you say? Brilliant idea!

Now here's a new Premium tier VIII Russian medium with 400mm of frontal armour, four 130mm guns in twin mountings in twin turrets capable of also being arty, with a top speed of 65km/hr and 420m view range, only US$375 with a six skill crew, garage spot and 2500 gold!

You forgot to mention it flies in the sky and can travel through time

basil_liddell_hart #11 Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:46 PM

Corporal

• 38103 battles
  • [LANCR] LANCR
I would assume that with the new ability to change tank nationality that it wont be long before we see new nations.  There are many tanks already in the game that were used by myriads of other nations.  I can see the attraction of a Hungarian playing a Hungarian tank for example, even if its actually a German tank or Russian tank that Hungary bought.  No doubt it would make the game more saleable to those nations that are not represented in the current tech trees.  Kind of looking forward to the Swedish Archer artillery system.  9 rounds a minute sounds cool for a 155mm artillery piece.  

AlexTheKid72 #12 Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:38 PM

Sergeant

• 23078 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View Postazmania3000, on 12 October 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

You forgot to mention it flies in the sky and can travel through time

Permanent magnetic shield? If not, meh ......

azmania3000 #13 Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• 46826 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 15 October 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

Permanent magnetic shield? If not, meh ......

mmm but we'll probably get orbital gauss cannons to balance the magnetic shield :facepalm:

Puggsley #14 Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:34 AM

Captain

• 68688 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
New HE rounds will be made from ceramics so be unaffected by magnetic shields.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users