Udes 03 and Strv103-0 - I can't believe I am saying this..

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

CardinalMite #1 Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:51 AM

Captain

• 29567 battles

..but I  like playing these TDs .

Is there a self help group or possibly medication I can get? Please help.

I finished the grind on the Udes 03 with 55% win rate and so far on the Strv103-0 while still small sample at 19 battles, I am on 63% wins... like wut? 

I mean sure no doubt as I play more the win rate will likely drop a bit, but somehow  I find the Strv fun. 

The guns are epic, especially shell velocity. Accuracy isn't actually that great (well for TD it's pretty garbage at 0.4) on the Strv 103-0, but that kind of doesn't matter when you have 288pen on the stock gun. I haven't unlocked the top gun or engine  yet but honestly it is probably one of the easiest stock grinds in the game.

The suspension setup takes some getting used to and the tanks are so low that some walls and things you can normally shoot over in other tanks you can't. But conversely you can go hull down in some dips in the ground you never could in other tanks (-11 gun depression!). You have to relearn the maps a bit.

Occasionally very frustrating as I learn new positioning for some maps. I had a very frustrating match on Lakeville trying to find the right spots to support my team.  But then the autobounce armour angling really works on the Strv, so long as you pay attention to the enemy gun caliber, that it isnt going to triple overmatch(anything > 120mm will overmatch you) or that they are flinging HE.

However plenty of times I was able to be  quite aggressive and setup at quite close range hull down. So long as arty is no more than 1 and/or you can position arty safe.

On the Udes 03 no armour for you, you must rely on stealth and range and bush mechanics.

Can't remember the last time I posted in the TD section, normally you will find me in LTs  or meds or more rarely HTs... says something about these that I must like them...

I may have to go lie down now.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Ezz #2 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:37 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69052 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Udes was very fun. Kinda miss it but used that set of chicks for the med line.

Side question but i thought the strv's accuracy was just the non siege mode accuracy. Is it really only 0.4?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Angus775n #3 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:56 AM

Sergeant

• 61220 battles
  • [PRC] PRC
Interesting , I struggled with the udes03 , really didn't enjoy it. but doing a lot better with the strv103-0.

CardinalMite #4 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:02 AM

Captain

• 29567 battles

View PostEzz, on 21 October 2019 - 11:37 PM, said:

Udes was very fun. Kinda miss it but used that set of chicks for the med line.

Side question but i thought the strv's accuracy was just the non siege mode accuracy. Is it really only 0.4?

You know what that is a really good question.  That is what I thought it said in garage, but now you have me wondering. I will do some checking. 

Tanks.GG also says 0.4, surely they would not refer to the non siege mode value only?

It's weird though, you don't feel in match like the accuracy is so poor, but then that might simply be because the pen is so good that even if you miss the weak spot it may penetrate anyway...

To be fair I do have a decent crew with BIA  etc. So that would help a bit.

Edited by CardinalMite, 22 October 2019 - 08:11 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

kickim #5 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:35 AM

First lieutenant

• 52703 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Udes takes a bit of getting used to since its a new mechanic, and you have to re-learn a lot of positioning.

also, recent trend of fast games means you can't really camp bush for long, either the fight has moved beyond your range or getting too near for comfort, so a lot more re-positioning.

But every now and then you get a corridor map, and enemy pushing into your sights and that's there your camo and dpm makes your day. makes those 3k damage missions easy to do.

Puggsley #6 Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:57 AM

Captain

• 69099 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I'm pretty sure i recall that it is only the mobile accuracy and not while you are in siege mode.

And what are you talking about, you carried this morning!!!

CardinalMite #7 Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:40 PM

Captain

• 29567 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 22 October 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure i recall that it is only the mobile accuracy and not while you are in siege mode.

And what are you talking about, you carried this morning!!!

Is it are you sure because on the udes 03 it shows 0.35 accuracy in garage for accuracy? It does feel like the accuracy is better than 0.4 though..

Lol! I think you are being a bit generous using the word "carry" it was more a comedy of errors on my part with the team doing its best to throw away the win. Damn they would only camp even though they are several tanks up, it's bad news when the Strv has to lead the push on Lakeville..

Edited by CardinalMite, 22 October 2019 - 12:41 PM.

IWillDestroyU #8 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:21 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 35692 battles

It depends on your play style. I love the 103B, but on some maps they are terrible.

As others mentioned really easy to sit in the bush and use your DPM to rack up some big damage.

The gameplay is limited and could almost be compared to arty, sitting on the red line and shit on the enemy.

I would be surprised if someone played these exclusively...

CardinalMite #9 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:06 PM

Captain

• 29567 battles

I don't agree you can only play the 9 & 10 on the red line.  So long as you watch out for arty and larger than 120mm caliber you can set up fairly aggressively.

For example I had a 4k plus game going hull down on El Halluf at the upper brawl spot. Trick is to not be alone in that kind of situation because you dont want to be circled. 

On another note it seems that it is 0.4 accuracy for the tier 9 and 0.3 for the 10. Both have same alpha and pen but the RoF goes up significantly for the 10.

It's one if the things that make them fun for me. I once saw Valheru get a 5k game driving either the 9 or 10 (can't remember which) and he spent  half the match at the place all the LTs rush to at start next to the magic forest.  That said Valheru isn't exactly a typical player and I suspect if I tried that I'd  get murdered. 

Edited by CardinalMite, 22 October 2019 - 10:11 PM.

mttspiii #10 Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:16 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [PVP] PVP
UDES seems special all on its own, what with that weird press-X-to-hulldown mode and probably the best camo on the higher-tiers.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Puggsley #11 Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:46 AM

Captain

• 69099 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostIWillDestroyU, on 22 October 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

It depends on your play style. I love the 103B, but on some maps they are terrible.

As others mentioned really easy to sit in the bush and use your DPM to rack up some big damage.

The gameplay is limited and could almost be compared to arty, sitting on the red line and shit on the enemy.

I would be surprised if someone played these exclusively...

Hehe I remember during my arty stream watching data collection days seeing Saffee go from playing the RU251 to the 103B in one session. 

The playstyle was the same in the first game (Siegfried Line and he took the TD to the middle of the field initially) and i thought he had simply forgotten he had changed. Next game it was pretty much the same.

I reckon Saffee is completely unaware that are 1, 2, 9, 0, A, B, I and J lines on the map.

MagicalFlyingFox #12 Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:39 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32761 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostCardinalMite, on 23 October 2019 - 01:06 AM, said:

I don't agree you can only play the 9 & 10 on the red line.  So long as you watch out for arty and larger than 120mm caliber you can set up fairly aggressively.

For example I had a 4k plus game going hull down on El Halluf at the upper brawl spot. Trick is to not be alone in that kind of situation because you dont want to be circled. 

On another note it seems that it is 0.4 accuracy for the tier 9 and 0.3 for the 10. Both have same alpha and pen but the RoF goes up significantly for the 10.

It's one if the things that make them fun for me. I once saw Valheru get a 5k game driving either the 9 or 10 (can't remember which) and he spent  half the match at the place all the LTs rush to at start next to the magic forest.  That said Valheru isn't exactly a typical player and I suspect if I tried that I'd  get murdered. 

Accuracy changes in siege mode. That being said the tier 9 gun was still extremely derpy for me. 

I found playing them aggressively was the best way to get those big games because the tanks strength is their mobility and ability to completely lock down flanks. You should be going to advanced positions when you can if you want to impact the game. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

CardinalMite #13 Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:11 PM

Captain

• 29567 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 23 October 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

Accuracy changes in siege mode. That being said the tier 9 gun was still extremely derpy for me. 

I found playing them aggressively was the best way to get those big games because the tanks strength is their mobility and ability to completely lock down flanks. You should be going to advanced positions when you can if you want to impact the game. 

Agreed on the aggression thing..

Yeah I get that the accuracy changes in siege mode but I am struggling to find any info on to what amount it changes and what final accuracy that means ?

CardinalMite #14 Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:06 PM

Captain

• 29567 battles
I messaged Jayrated and he was fairly sure the in garage values are of siege mode on. To be fair he isnt a developer but it seems consistent given it is unlikely that the tier 10 would have 0.3 acc in travel mode as Jay pointed out.

MagicalFlyingFox #15 Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:21 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32761 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostCardinalMite, on 23 October 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

Agreed on the aggression thing..

Yeah I get that the accuracy changes in siege mode but I am struggling to find any info on to what amount it changes and what final accuracy that means ?

Its 0.35 or something in siege mode. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

CardinalMite #16 Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:10 PM

Captain

• 29567 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 24 October 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

Its 0.35 or something in siege mode. 

Ok sorry all I finally found some hard info via tanks GG. It seems the in garage values are  for travel mode.

Tanks gg  has a little green button next to the tank name where it switches the stats between siege and travel.

So for the tier 9 Strv in siege mode it has:

Aim time (sec)1.20
Dispersion0.30

Where was in garage it has 3 sec aim time and 0.4 dispersion.

By comparison the Udes 03 in siege mode is:

1.5s aim time

0.25 Dispersion.

and the tier 10 in siege mode is:

1s aim time

0.25 Dispersion.

Pretty dumb this isn't more clearly represented on garage and just show both sets of values..

Anyway that makes a lot more sense.

Edited by CardinalMite, 24 October 2019 - 02:34 PM.

CardinalMite #17 Posted 26 October 2019 - 09:17 AM

Captain

• 29567 battles

47 games now 59% win rate. 

Unlocked the top gun and engine now. Honestly the top gun is virtually the same, just that it has even higher pen. The stock gun wasn't bad at all in that department so pretty easy grind.

Was a bit sluggish with the stock engine so the engine upgrade was nice, albeit it wasn't a dramatic improvement considering the play style of these tanks.

Still enjoying it, it's challenging insofar as you need to evaluate exactly when to be staying a range camo sniper support  and when to be more forward and aggressive.

I think I pay way more attention to the enemy gun caliber with this tank now, because there are plenty of occasions especially mid to late match where most if not all your opponents can't triple overmatch and suddenly the armour works really well so long as you stay pointed towards incoming fire.

Can also be a good passive scout late game when everyone else is low health and scouts are dead.

I guess the point I am making is that these are more versatile tanks than many give credit for, but you have to make smart choices and manage the siege/travel modes well.

Edited by CardinalMite, 26 October 2019 - 09:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users